00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TomAzza 's Art Thred

9,304 Views | 137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-03-27 17:20:34

oh and i forgot to thank Razac for the tips... they turned out really helpful ;D

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 16:53:38

i havent updated this in a while..so i though i`d put this! its nothing special just a aketch of me.

yessir..

that
is
me!

TomAzza 's Art Thred

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 17:00:08

That's pretty good, if you can add some shading, i am sure it would look better. By the way, your high tech backgrounds are insane. I am trying to put a title for my story, and i am not as good at photoshop as you. Maybe you can do something for me?

By the way, i have a question. Can i post a picture here? You might like it, and it can help you see how a face can be made.

Keep it the spectacular work. -Link7120

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 17:19:31

At 4/26/07 05:00 PM, Link7120 wrote: That's pretty good, if you can add some shading, i am sure it would look better. By the way, your high tech backgrounds are insane. I am trying to put a title for my story, and i am not as good at photoshop as you. Maybe you can do something for me?

ask away, PM me and i`ll be glad to help you as i can :D thanks for the compliment btw :P

By the way, i have a question. Can i post a picture here? You might like it, and it can help you see how a face can be made.

yes, please do!

Keep it the spectacular work. -Link7120

i`ll try, thanks again !

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 17:30:55

For the background, thanks! I think of something.
For my picture: The picture is of Allison, a character in my story that I am writing. I hope for female characters, this may help you.

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 17:33:45

At 4/26/07 05:30 PM, Link7120 wrote: For the background, thanks! I think of something.
For my picture: The picture is of Allison, a character in my story that I am writing. I hope for female characters, this may help you.

i`m guessing you forgot the pic there...

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 17:36:37

Yeah sure did... sorry about that. For more, check out my thread. And before you bust my balls, I know advertising my thread is against the rules.

TomAzza 's Art Thred

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-26 17:41:34

At 4/26/07 05:36 PM, Link7120 wrote: Yeah sure did... sorry about that. For more, check out my thread. And before you bust my balls, I know advertising my thread is against the rules.

lol dont worry, i wont tell anyone.

anyway cool pic, i`ve seen your thread anyway and i did like it.

although it`s very anime style, wichi is not what i usually go for.

but still...really really good..you have a really good grasp of human anatomy :)

remember PM me if you need any help what so ever :)

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-04-27 10:21:33

by request, i`m posting my cow entry here too...

mike i still think it`s shit.

TomAzza 's Art Thred

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-04 19:03:14

Nice work, its great seeing how much you are improving

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-04 19:20:00

At 4/26/07 05:36 PM, Link7120 wrote: Yeah sure did... sorry about that. For more, check out my thread. And before you bust my balls, I know advertising my thread is against the rules.

Aye but you sure are a desperate one. O.o I swear I see your same pen drawings in about every thread...

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-05 06:22:29

At 5/4/07 07:03 PM, tommac wrote: Nice work, its great seeing how much you are improving

thanks! i actually think I am imporving...infortunatly i really dont have time to draw much...i`ll update this as soon as i can.

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-07 13:10:51

well...today i found a little time for drawing....ahem, in this case, painting.

remember the sketch?

well i coloured it.

tell me what you think :) tell me where i can improve...please. tips and anything is welcome.

i am so proud of this right now...this just goes to show that if you really put your mind on something....you`ll get to it...in time i hope to do better tho :P

TomAzza 's Art Thred

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-07 17:40:03

At 5/7/07 01:10 PM, TomAzza wrote: well...today i found a little time for drawing....ahem, in this case, painting.

Nice job!
Looks very sweet.

You might want to make the shading a little less linearly separated. The shading right now follows a line right down his (your?) face.

Also, make it more detailed on at least the eyes, which are generally the focal point of a face.
Spend lots of time zoomed in on them.

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-07 17:43:09

Woah, standing applause man! Very slick, youre the man^^

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-07 17:50:58

At 5/7/07 05:40 PM, PandaMime wrote:
At 5/7/07 01:10 PM, TomAzza wrote: well...today i found a little time for drawing....ahem, in this case, painting.
Nice job!
Looks very sweet.

You might want to make the shading a little less linearly separated. The shading right now follows a line right down his (your?) face.

yes i noticed, i was trying a new shading tecnique, i should of spent more time blending...still i `ll be fixing stuff liek this soon.. and yes..it is, indeed my face lol

Also, make it more detailed on at least the eyes, which are generally the focal point of a face.
Spend lots of time zoomed in on them.

actually in the original size (1000 px X 1000 px more or less ) the detail in the eyes is much more visible..but still you are right again, i`ll fix that too :D

thanks for the tips, always glad to recieve contructive critiscism :)

At some time Hammi wrote :
Woah, standing applause man! Very slick, youre the man^^

thanks man! glad you like it

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 10:24:41

hey, your improving loads :D

I really like the hair. Just a thing about the skin, its really good and everything, great if your going for that half cell shaded look, but knowing you, you was probably going after realism, so try extending the gradients of your shading out a bit to make the face rounder, to make shading easier i would suggest rotating the face to a verticle possition, then try shading heads at different angles.

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 10:47:16

ok i just quickly edited you portrait to show you what i mean, its all well and good me saying it, but showing you will be better

all i did was smudge the shading around burned some shadows in there colour corrected it and there you go

TomAzza 's Art Thred

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 11:23:36

At 5/8/07 10:47 AM, Razac wrote: ok i just quickly edited you portrait to show you what i mean, its all well and good me saying it, but showing you will be better

all i did was smudge the shading around burned some shadows in there colour corrected it and there you go

wow thanks for the feedback! thanks for the tips on shading..i`ll try my best to improve as much as i can...i`ll work on that :D i might be posting another portrait sooner or later, and i`ll try what you said.

and whoa...i really hope to manage something like that sooner or later.. (although it`s probably gonna be later.. lol)

wondering one thing...hot did you do that mist-glow effect? i`ve seen it in a couple of pics..tried different things..but i never managed to get it right....if you could help me out i`d really appriciate it :)

glad you like it anyway :)

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 15:09:08

At 5/8/07 10:47 AM, Razac wrote: ok i just quickly edited you portrait to show you what i mean, its all well and good me saying it, but showing you will be better

We all know you're talented razac, go away.

Me joke, me joke.

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 16:14:09

You've got some interesting art here man, keep it up.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 16:18:09

At 5/8/07 04:14 PM, Lucy wrote: You've got some interesting art here man, keep it up.

thanks.

i will.

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 16:36:55

At 5/8/07 04:23 PM, NEOEvgenii wrote:
At 3/7/07 09:50 AM, TomAzza wrote: also, you may have already seen this...
THIS IS THE BEST AND MY FAV RIGHT HERE

lol

you should be an extremist

huh? as in...a commie?

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 19:56:25

At 5/8/07 03:09 PM, MisterDielectric wrote:

We all know you're talented razac, go away.

Me joke, me joke.

lol you know im only doing it to help. I want to share tips and stuff with everyone so they can improve

as for the haze effect...if u drew the head on a separate layer just do a white inner glow and change the settings so its large with lowish opacity....if its all on one layer just make a new layer - select a large soft brush - make white as your colour - draw round the edge of your head - change opacity of this new layer.

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 20:11:31

At 5/8/07 07:56 PM, Razac wrote:
At 5/8/07 03:09 PM, MisterDielectric wrote: We all know you're talented razac, go away.

Me joke, me joke.
lol you know im only doing it to help. I want to share tips and stuff with everyone so they can improve

I was 100% percent joking before, you're awesome Razac. [winky face]

You're delicious.

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 22:08:38

and your 100% awesome

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 22:20:49

At 5/8/07 10:08 PM, Razac wrote: and your 100% awesome

im 50 % awesome...

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 22:34:02

At 5/8/07 10:20 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
im 50 % awesome...

no...you are 150% awesome because you have awesome in your name

BBS Signature

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 23:06:19

(kisses)

Response to TomAzza 's Art Thred 2007-05-08 23:10:03

At 5/8/07 10:34 PM, Razac wrote:

no...you are 150% awesome because you have awesome in your name

:) its passed down from generations of awesome.

Sorry for the spamming Tom! You fix your self portraits eyes up yet?