00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife

39,157 Views | 511 Replies

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:41:14

At 2/22/07 09:37 PM, MissAllanPoe wrote:
At 2/22/07 09:35 PM, NeoSoviet wrote: Ice-cream totally relevant to thread.
Can I have pistachio please?

Get the fuck out of my ice-cream.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:42:26

At 2/22/07 09:40 PM, Socially-Failed wrote:
At 2/22/07 09:38 PM, Oxymaniac wrote:
At 2/22/07 07:34 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Let's have a vote. Who is in favor of Marcus having his account terminated?
I Do. Goodbye Marcus.
STFU! That was 9 pages ago.

I'm sorry! Please don't whip me....

please!

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:42:34

At 2/22/07 09:40 PM, CheezNapkin wrote: So are you gonna ban Marcus or what?

Nah, he's not worth it. It's worse punishment for him to allow him to continue to post. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:42:40

I stood on the hill watching the men argue. Another man walked up to me.

"Why are they arguing?" He asked.

"Flash on the internet," I replied, "numbers and codes."

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:43:37

At 2/22/07 09:37 PM, MissAllanPoe wrote:
Can I have pistachio please?

You sure do love your nuts don't you.

slut.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:44:11

At 2/22/07 09:31 PM, Maus wrote:
At 2/22/07 09:27 PM, f0d wrote: if you weren't deleting them every 5 minutes for having too many alts or sending you a bunch of PMs, they would be making front page quality flashes instead of just having to resubmit all of their old shit over and over again.
Errr. Maybe if they didn't feel the need to have multiple accounts for 'no' reason or spam PM inboxes, they wouldn't need to worry about being deleted. Your logic is astounding.

every fucking regular and mod on these boards has alts. probably numerous alts. yet none of you get deleted for it. shit, some of sinista's alts were used for nothing more then submitting flashes that were actually good quality. this was awhile back but i just think its funny that the SS kept their mouths shut back then, even though that was way more unfair then this stupid shit that everyone's all of a sudden having a hissy fit over.
flooding PM boxes might have warranted deletion, i'll admit. but wade always says he hesitates before deleting high level or prominent users if he sees they've made actual contributions to the site. yet he doesnt even look twice for SS members. all i ask for is fair consideration, and for wade to actually have the quality of a user's flash factor in to his deletion decisions. im guessing, with the current system, wade just automatically deems them worthless to the site when he sees that they're ss members.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:44:21

At 2/22/07 09:41 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 2/22/07 09:39 PM, iv-n wrote: haha wow. i have seen you specifically insulting a 13 year old kid's family just because he said something you didnt like. i guess its only bad when it happens to you
How do we know he was 13? Did I post pictures of his family or make Flash about them?

So as long as there are no pictures or flashes... it's ok?

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:45:27

At 2/22/07 09:41 PM, KemCab wrote:
I love you.

I <3 you too man =)

Let`s turn this thread into pure <3.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:45:30

At 2/22/07 09:43 PM, KemCab wrote:
I say that you do. It may be bad rep for you, but you really don't have to worry about that because you get it anyway.

Not only that, it'll also scare the living fuck out of anyone who tries to cross you.

Dude, you're just pissed at me for last night still. Get over it and accept defeat :(

AWWW HELL YEEAAAAAH

My signature used to fit and now I'm too lazy to change it :(

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:46:17

At 2/22/07 09:39 PM, iv-n wrote: haha wow. i have seen you specifically insulting a 13 year old kid's family just because he said something you didnt like. i guess its only bad when it happens to you

JET!!!!

we need you back at the ss jet plzzzz come back babyyy

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:46:44

At 2/22/07 09:43 PM, Nicko9y wrote: i vote NO for deletion.

I vote NO too. Just wanted to see everyone's reaction and get people thinking.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:46:50

At 2/22/07 09:45 PM, Marcus wrote: Dude, you're just pissed at me for last night still. Get over it and accept defeat :(

I want to see this, I demand links!

DigDugz, fighting communism and idiocy since 1991.

Sig By ExtraTim.

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:46:52

I vote panda for vagina!

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:48:21

At 2/22/07 09:47 PM, KemCab wrote: Yeah, I noticed that he treats you like shit. An eye for an eye, I suppose.

Oh laws now you're really just on the edge of being an asskisser.

DigDugz, fighting communism and idiocy since 1991.

Sig By ExtraTim.

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:48:39

At 2/22/07 09:41 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
How do we know he was 13? Did I post pictures of his family or make Flash about them?

i assume he is 13 cause thats what he had in his profile. but even if he wasnt really 13 or the fact that you did it in the forums instead of the portal that doesnt make it any better so dont use the "i dont attack peoples family" argument because you have done it.

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:50:16

Number of pages in this thread = Ban days?

K?

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:50:42

At 2/22/07 09:43 PM, KemCab wrote: I say that you do. It may be bad rep for you, but you really don't have to worry about that because you get it anyway.

Not only that, it'll also scare the living fuck out of anyone who tries to cross you.

Well, I think I've made my point and a lot of sensible people here have supported me. So if anyone wants to continue taking shots at my wife or family they know where I stand and that many users stand with me. People will now know to expect an account termination if they continue personal attacks against my family and maybe even just at me depending on what it is. I will also protect other users on the site from personal attacks, if they request my help, as I always have.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:51:42

Guys.

IT'S HIS WIFE.

Feel free to shut up now morons.

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:52:06

Wade I think you have an ugly goatee...

waits for account deletion

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:52:47

At 2/22/07 09:50 PM, WadeFulp wrote: if they request my help. . .

dude while you're here, could you delete my audio submission 'acoustic mess 1' it is such shit.

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:52:59

At 2/22/07 09:46 PM, f0d wrote:
JET!!!!

we need you back at the ss jet plzzzz come back babyyy

hi, well i might sign up again one of these days but i ve been really busy lately :/

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:54:02

At 2/22/07 09:48 PM, iv-n wrote: i assume he is 13 cause thats what he had in his profile. but even if he wasnt really 13 or the fact that you did it in the forums instead of the portal that doesnt make it any better so dont use the "i dont attack peoples family" argument because you have done it.

If I did it was just a random insult. Like "I wish cancer on your family" or whatever. It was based on nothing. It wasn't like I posted a picture of a family member and said "Haha, your brother has downs" or something. Whatever comments I may have had were based on nothing. The comments people are making about my wife are directly targetted at her based on what they see in a picture they also post. There is a difference.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:55:26

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, GET THE FUCK OVER IT RIGHT NOW! I'M NOT ASKING, I'M TELLING. GET THE FUCK OVER IT RIGHT NOW!!

Eleven pages over this same old shit? Marcus was right, but that's not the only thing wrong here. The flash was made for humors sake, but you blow it out of proportion because it's a personal attack on you. Good one. The SS may be spammers, but they're our spammers damn it. But they should have the hammer come down on them simply because they "attack" you?

Wow, I love how the flash was completely misunderstood because it was a meaningless shot at you, and how you took it so seriously. HE SAID SHE WAS AN ELEPHANT, WOW, HE MUST HAVE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT THINKING THAT UP.

And it's almost as if you weren't expecting shots being taken at you in your position. You have people constantly make insults toward you, but heaven forbid they make a flash about it. No way, that would be against all that is holy, and we wouldn't want that kind of thing on Newgrounds.

Marcus put it well when he said, "Grow a fucking spine", because obviously you don't know how to roll with the punches.

skittles

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:56:02

Marcus shouldn't get his account deleted. And for what? Stating his opinion?

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:56:31

At 2/22/07 09:55 PM, Advent-Sinner wrote: Last post.

Oh, here we go again.

Go raise the number od suicide counts.

Fudge dapping.

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:57:02

Seriously, though, the rules to how people work is, direct insults, ie, "your wife is ugly," are worse than big general insults that accidentally encompass one of your loved ones, like, "everyone who died in 9/11 is ugly."

I agree with Wade on that point. Pointed insults are an entirely different thing than parodying tragedy. Especially on a website like this.

However, I support everyone's rights to slag off Wade's wife, I am just saying, I wholeheartedly agree that calling a non celebrity ugly constantly is less acceptable than parodying the holocaust. And I know that sounds stupid, and perhaps we can all learn something important about human nature from it and have a non-stick approach to insults because we can see it as the stupidity it is, but insulting someone's family or someone particularly close to the person is an entirely different kind of blow than finding humour in 9/11 and most people would react as such.

Like, I can imagine me seriously getting to the point of threatening to, and then proceeding to, if my threats were ignored, punching someone if they constantly insulted a close friend or a family member of mine, especially if it was in a rather petty way. A website hosting flashes mocking tragedy is an entirely different thing to a website hosting flashes insulting Wade's wife.

However, Wade is going way to far overboard, he's got that small inch in the argument but for fuck's sake get over it; he has probably said countless times in IWP arguments or whatever "if you don't like it don't watch," and if he believes that then whatever. But you just don't show your wife those flashes, I can't believe he can't be the bigger man about this and ignore it. I mean, it's utterly pathetic on his part that he's allowing himself to get wound up about a couple of flashes calling his wife ugly. He probably thinks she's beautiful, but he's probably looked at her in a certain light and thought she was ugly too but he still loves her (and he's not good looking either) - rising above these insults from some random kids on the internet would be the easiest thing ever. I would be embarrassed if I were Wade to be acting this way on the internet.

They're just stupid insults, and because it's the same insult over and over then you think that'd weaken the effect. If they were calling your wife a bitch or a whore or being more creative in their insults then maybe you could get pissed off, although not really because you still know they don't know her, all they know is what she looks like. Or maybe I've given them ideas. Make flashes of her being a whore.

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:58:05

This thread is still going?

Surprise, surprise..

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:58:18

At 2/22/07 09:55 PM, Advent-Sinner wrote: Eleven pages over this same old shit? Marcus was right, but that's not the only thing wrong here. The flash was made for humors sake, but you blow it out of proportion because it's a personal attack on you. Good one. The SS may be spammers, but they're our spammers damn it. But they should have the hammer come down on them simply because they "attack" you?

What does the elephant Flash have to do with anything? He started the topic with a picture of my wife which said "SEACOW". Some mod removed it. So most of this is about him doing that.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:58:53

Face it, if someone made a hate flash targeting you or personnal relations, you'd get pissed. Just face it. I don't see why we need 20 pages of this little charade.

Also,

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Moderation, 9/11, and Wade's Wife 2007-02-22 21:58:56

You make a good point. Although what he did is immoral, he CAN still do it whether you like it or not because... well, he can. It doesn't hurt anybody and frankly it doesn't matter if it offends anybody either.

Bitching about it doesn't make you any better than he, and it doesn't get this situation any further either.