Brutal boxing action.3.70 / 5.00 9,661 Views
a young man finds himself back at school after a car crash3.73 / 5.00 5,115 Views
Recycle trash and dodge explosive bombs!3.64 / 5.00 2,924 Views
- Pico is one of the original characters created by this very site´s creator, TomFulp. You´ve probably seen Pico´s red hair on various pages at newgrounds.com, and if you haven´t played the games/seen the movies, it´s about time you do that!
- Even if you have seen and played them all, pay the Pico Collection Page a visit and freshen up your memory!
- Unlike the previous audio contests that have been launched, this one is open to all users, audio artist or not. This time, it´s up to You to search the massive 74´000 + audio submissions that have been submitted to the Audio Portal, and find audios You think have "The Pico Feel"!
- Since 2006, april 30th is the official Pico Day. For this day, flash authors will have made flashes to celebrate the beloved character. This thread will be an excellent place too look for audios with the "Pico Feel" to them.
- Something many people seem to forget about is that you can search audio by song description details (and author nickname). The search bar is located just underneath the A-bot´s Weekly Top 5 list.
#1. A copy of Alien Hominid for PS2 (works on PS3) or Gamecube (works on Wii), and a Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
#2. A Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
#3. A Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
#4. A Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
#5. A Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
- We'll continue the tradition with the custom-made BBS signature picture, crafted by Metalcan, for the #1 hunter.
- The winners will be announced by radiogrounds.com´s DJ PsychoGoldfish,
who have hosted the mRacs the last few months.
- Front Page Spots for the #1&2.
1 - Search the Audio Portal of songs you think have the right Pico Feel to it.
2 - Link to the audio page that you found the song on. If you do not provide a link, you risk being overlooked and not being in the contest.
3 - Each user can submit 3 different links.
4 - If your link have been submitted by another user, your link will be useless. The first one gets it!
5 - Try to find audio that´s lesser known. You can submit whatever you think is suiting, but the chances are greater that the judges will overlook known audios, and go for the lesser known. There´s no point in finding The lost Ark once again (Indy did a good job the first time...).
6 - No submitting links of your own audio, and stay away submitting your friends audios too, if you only want them in contest for your friends sake. All "69-submitting action" (two friends submitting audios of each other) is rewarded with disqualification. You can submit audios your friends made, but stay genuine and serious with your choices.
7 - This thread will be updated with a list of the submitted audios. We (contest starters and judges) have the right to remove audios we think have nothing to do with Pico from the list altogether. If that happens to your choices, you will NOT be granted any new chances, so choose your audios wisely!
8 - The deadline for links submitted is the very last second of February, NG time. Any links that are posted after the deadline, is out of contest.
- Rules, guidelines and other things that this contest have, may change as
time goes by. If anything changes, you will find out by staying updated to
Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST
Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)
LJCoffee - Chief Judge.
TomFulp - Provides the awards along with running this website, newgrounds.com
PsychoGoldfish - DJ who will announce the winners live on radiogrounds.com
Denvish - BBS Moderator, puts the top two audios on the newgrounds.com front page.
Mindchamber Artwork (Pico Scratching).
DarKsidE555 - List master, updates the list of the new submissions.
Metalcan - Sig-pic artist. He´s been making the sig-pics for all MACs so far.
Rucklo - Contest manager.
At 2/14/07 03:08 PM, SSBSD wrote: Man I wish I could participate in this one. :( getting hacked sucks.
Why wouldn´t you be able to? Just use the account you´re using now. Sounds like somone needs to read the rules again ^^ (and perhaps the bbs-rules too;)
Sorry 'bout that Rucklo. I thought it would be just like the other MAC's. But if it was I still couldn't because I don't have Windows. >: (
At 2/14/07 03:22 PM, SSBSD wrote: Sorry 'bout that Rucklo. I thought it would be just like the other MAC's. But if it was I still couldn't because I don't have Windows. >: (
I don´t see your problem really? all you have to do is look in the AP, find three songs you think sounds like "Pico" and then submit a link in this thread.
Also, please submit ALL THREE LINKS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!
this is clearly stated in the rules, so help us from being confused and judging will go smoother and faster.
At 2/14/07 03:34 PM, MaestroRage wrote: I also think putting the artist name and song name instead of a link would help a lot.
Yes. I forgot to put that in the rules.
Concider that a rule!!!
Also, for everyone who wishes to apply for JUDGING, you are to stay anonymous and hidden about that.
doh, when you think you´ve covered it all and quadruplechecked, 43234 new things pops up :)
good Lord Rucklo
i want in regardless of whatever position you offer thats not choosing the song.
i wish mine got picked, but then again, nobody likes me :/
At 2/14/07 04:03 PM, tomfitz wrote: this has a pico feel (i think)
this is good... great find my man! at first i thought it was gonna break (hmm...), still good. got the image in my head! good find!
At 2/14/07 04:42 PM, Spikrodd wrote:At 2/14/07 04:03 PM, tomfitz wrote: this has a pico feel (i think)this is good... great find my man! at first i thought it was gonna break (hmm...), still good. got the image in my head! good find!
Oh, Pico! By deckheadtottie
Director of Funk by dj_padman1 (This one is really catchy and has a funky feel)
mosh moshi qeshi! (This is absolutely the most perfect song)
Soo.. we can't specially compose a Pico-themed song of our own and enter it?
Not much of a MAC. A contest like this belongs in general.
I was expecting a real audio contest.
Well, at least we still have the PAC coming up. =P