00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Log Ideas

125,034 Views | 1,418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 09:09:23

Another example of it not logging my stats.

NG Log Ideas

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 10:21:46

At 7/8/09 09:09 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: Another example of it not logging my stats.

Not to worry. As I stated in my FAQ, the NG Logs site has to leech off of the Newgrounds site to get your stats. It does this by literally loading the web page views from Newgrounds into the running programs on NG Logs. For the most part, this works well.

But once in a while, the Newgrounds servers get overloaded or busy, and NG logs only gets some (or possibly) none of your data at that snapshot. This results in the lovely set of zeros you see, which can cause panic, dismay, disgust, concern or amusement. And yes, it has happened to me as well, both in testing and in actual stat loggings. So, don't take it personally. :)

Fortunately, if you wait a little while (usually 30 minutes or so) and try again, it'll clear up and be just fine. As I am writing this, I opened up another browser window and logged into your account and pulled your stats. They seem to be okay now, which is what I expected.

I have no control over the occasional lag and server delays at Newgrounds, and there's really not much we can do about this except understand why it happens, and that it's only temporary.

Hope this helps...

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 18:34:23

lolwut

NG Log Ideas

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 18:39:22

At 7/8/09 06:34 PM, NEVR wrote: lolwut

Aneroxia is a serious problem.

Request an audio review. I could use some motivation.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 18:45:54

Maybe true but I don't think I need NGLog to remind me . . .

NG Log Ideas

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 19:04:53

What?! How cool are these new statistical variations! Tell us more about the byteslinger! ;D

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 20:17:53

Which 20 reviews of my Toohot100 alt are the FBI investigating? I only ever recall making 2 reviews.

NG Log Ideas

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 20:21:16

I absolutely love those new changes.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 20:55:01

At 7/8/09 07:04 PM, Casualty wrote: What?! How cool are these new statistical variations! Tell us more about them, byteslinger! ;D

Well, it is a takeoff on the "random quote" concept. I wanted to see just how many people pay attention to that text space, so I have about a dozen or so random "fake" stats that show up about ever other page or so. Sometimes you don't get them, and sometimes you do.

I figured it was good for a laugh - nothing too offensive, just something to give you a chuckle for the day.

From the feedback so far, it seems to be a hit! Cool...

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 21:11:18

At 7/8/09 08:55 PM, byteslinger wrote: Well, it is a takeoff on the "random quote" concept. I wanted to see just how many people pay attention to that text space, so I have about a dozen or so random "fake" stats that show up about ever other page or so. Sometimes you don't get them, and sometimes you do.

Wow i forgot about this thread... i had so meny posts on each page it wasn't even funny :::just like the screenshot archive::: I'd like to get back in to the grove of things around here so lets start now. The idea is really good i like looking in the top right corner and seeing the random quote that gives me a laugh and it's better since you took over becasuse Casulty would only have 5-6 that would get borring :::by the way how meny are there now:::.

I figured it was good for a laugh - nothing too offensive, just something to give you a chuckle for the day.

I haven't loged in for about a week now and since it's new i'll take a look at it and see what random thing i get. It better be good @;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 22:26:39

ByteSlinger, you sadist!

NG Log Ideas

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-08 22:27:54

At 7/8/09 07:04 PM, Casualty wrote: What?! How cool are these new statistical variations! Tell us more about the byteslinger! ;D

OH WELL LOOK WHO IT IS

At 7/8/09 08:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: Which 20 reviews of my Toohot100 alt are the FBI investigating? I only ever recall making 2 reviews.

I think you should stop depositing with all your alts until I'm higher than them in EXP :(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-09 03:40:23

At 7/8/09 10:27 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/8/09 07:04 PM, Casualty wrote: What?! How cool are these new statistical variations! Tell us more about the byteslinger! ;D
OH WELL LOOK WHO IT IS

HULLO EVERYUNE IT IS ME I AM AWESOME AND KEWL U R SUPPOSSED TO BOW FUR ME

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-09 04:26:05

At 7/8/09 08:55 PM, byteslinger wrote: I figured it was good for a laugh - nothing too offensive, just something to give you a chuckle for the day.

From the feedback so far, it seems to be a hit! Cool...

I'm starting to like it more now, byteslinger. ;)

NG Log Ideas

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-09 04:29:05

"You discovered a bank error in your favor of $1187. Woo Hoo!"

YES!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-09 09:30:59

At 7/9/09 03:40 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 7/8/09 10:27 PM, NEVR wrote:
OH WELL LOOK WHO IT IS
HULLO EVERYUNE IT IS ME I AM AWESOME AND KEWL U R SUPPOSSED TO BOW FUR ME

HA HA HA HA HA ha ha...ha ha heh...heh..heh..heh...yeah. They may bow FOR YOU, but they beg FOR ME! LOL.

I see that with all the free time you have now you've been following your dreams of becoming the next internet superstar manager. Who'd of thought that DJ Hitler could make it so big in this day and age? Well, at least you're not spending your whole day wasted on weed in front of the telly, watching old "Three's Company" reruns, eating bags of Frito corn chips and mainlining Mountain Dew...

Well, maybe not EVERY day...

Keep in touch, stranger - and good luck with the site!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-09 11:56:48

Well I'm not THAT big yet, those retards from Google AdSense are refusing my site because of "difficult navigation". What the fuck? There's nothing difficult about it? I sent them a mail though, they better explain themselves...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-10 23:31:27

What is this thing? It's ruining the perfectness of the layout! There is evil afoot...

Anyone care to explain?

NG Log Ideas

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-11 00:09:11

At 7/10/09 11:31 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: What is this thing? It's ruining the perfectness of the layout! There is evil afoot...

Anyone care to explain?

Um, where do you see this? I just checked the NG Logs site - looks fine here. Checked the code on the website - no indication of hack or change. So, where did you see this?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-11 00:57:15

At 7/11/09 12:39 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 7/11/09 12:09 AM, byteslinger wrote: So, where did you see this?
Its the Imageshack website. It was down....I don't know why he posted that here.

Apparently Wilhelm bit the neck of someone doing crack, and he's just as confused and paranoid as his victim LOL!

BTW, how's Savannah treating you? Glad to see you made it in one piece! Getting over the jet lag yet? How's the family? BTW, the link to your facebook pics didn't work for me - what was that link again?

Take care - and get some rest!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-11 13:25:47

At 7/11/09 12:57 AM, byteslinger wrote:
Apparently Wilhelm bit the neck of someone doing crack, and he's just as confused and paranoid as his victim LOL!

Oh please! Be nice. I saw it last night on NGlogs on the bottom of the page under the Stolen Tactics ad. It screwed up the page layout and made me use the scroll bar both up and down and left and right. It disappeared this morning, though.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-12 00:34:43

At 7/11/09 01:25 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote:
At 7/11/09 12:57 AM, byteslinger wrote:
Oh please! Be nice. I saw it last night on NGlogs on the bottom of the page under the Stolen Tactics ad. It screwed up the page layout and made me use the scroll bar both up and down and left and right. It disappeared this morning, though.

Oh, wow - sorry about that! Didn't realize you were serious - my apologies. If this should happen again, please try to capture as much of the screen as possible - and send me a PM with all the details. I'll keep an eye on the site - and I think I know what happened:

Some of the images to the links are read directly from the target host. If that link image was hacked on the other target website, it would show up larger on NG Logs - even though no code was altered on my site. Solution: I will copy all of the image links to a subfolder on NG Logs, and protect my copy - and this way, I won't have to depend on the other servers for images that could be hacked.

Thanks for the heads up, and again, my apologies for the trite comment.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-12 10:54:36

At 7/12/09 12:34 AM, byteslinger wrote: Thanks for the heads up, and again, my apologies for the trite comment.

No problem. I needed some lols anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-13 00:07:19

At 7/12/09 07:18 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 7/11/09 12:57 AM, byteslinger wrote: BTW, how's Savannah treating you? Glad to see you made it in one piece!
Yeah I made it. I'm freaking burned now! Damn that stuff hurts. I wouldn't mind, I had SPF 30 on and kept reapplying it and I STILL got burned! GAH!

That's because you spend too much time inside on the computer! You're almost as pasty white as I am! LOL

Getting over the jet lag yet?
Yeah I have. I'm still kinda tired, but that's just because I have been doing nothing. (Its weird how that happens)

Well, go outside, find a swimmin' hole, ketch some frogs, tip some cows, joyride in a pickup truck - oh, there's so much to do in Savannah!!!

How's the family?
Yeah my mother is good, and my family over here are doing good. Mother got a bit of sunstroke today and had to take a break, which she didn't enjoy. I stayed out of the sun because of my sun burn.

Glad to hear they're good for the most part - a few more days and they will be settled in just fine.

BTW, the link to your facebook pics didn't work for me - what was that link again?
These are all of the ones of when we were in NY. I think. the Statue of liberty ones are not there as they are going in an album of their own. I'll try and upload the rest tonight.

Hey, those are nice pics! Glad to see you have no problems eating our fast food, living in our luxurious hotels, and stepping over the homeless people and all the garbage as you visited all of the sights of the city. Quite an experience, eh?

Take care - and get some rest!
Will do!

Good - I think this vacation is just what you needed!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-14 12:23:31

found something...

on the COMPARE section
my rank saids: Commanded
and not: Commander

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-14 12:30:33

At 7/14/09 12:23 PM, aldlv wrote: found something...

on the COMPARE section
my rank saids: Commanded
and not: Commander

Thanks for the heads-up on the typo. I just fixed it!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-15 06:08:52

I wasn't sure about these random stat variation things at first, but they're starting to grow on me.

But yeah, I fucking wish. VV

NG Log Ideas

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-15 14:45:13

They give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, like the good Chance cards from Monopoly. <3

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-17 19:58:22

At 7/12/09 12:34 AM, byteslinger wrote:
At 7/11/09 01:25 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: I saw it last night on NGlogs on the bottom of the page under the Stolen Tactics ad. It screwed up the page layout and made me use the scroll bar both up and down and left and right. It disappeared this morning, though.
Some of the images to the links are read directly from the target host. If that link image was hacked on the other target website, it would show up larger on NG Logs - even though no code was altered on my site. Solution: I will copy all of the image links to a subfolder on NG Logs, and protect my copy - and this way, I won't have to depend on the other servers for images that could be hacked.

Yeah, I just wanted to drop by and let you know I saw that as well. It was one of the many affiliate logos, and when I saw that giant-ass pic, I figured that was exactly the case: that the pics themselves were all being supplied by the sites being linked to, and clearly one of them got haxxxxxxxxxxxxxed and any site linking to imageshack (or whatever) via such a server-side pic... was showing this giant-ass ballooned image down there where a tiny little rectangle is supposed to be.

Aside from copying all the images to your own server space, BTW, I would assume you could probably just put some height + width tags on all those image files and even if the image file changed (like happened that day), it would stay within the small rectangle space it's supposed to occupy.

At 7/15/09 02:45 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: They give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, like the good Chance cards from Monopoly. <3

The first coupla ones I noticed a week ago or so reminded me of Chance or Community Chest cards from Monopoly as well. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought so. #;-}>

Of course, then I started getting some VERY un-Monopoly ones insulting me afterwards, and the feeling of Monopoly cards... faded quite quickly. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2009-07-17 22:45:14

At 7/17/09 07:58 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Aside from copying all the images to your own server space, BTW, I would assume you could probably just put some height + width tags on all those image files and even if the image file changed (like happened that day), it would stay within the small rectangle space it's supposed to occupy.

In fact, I did both - I copied all of the images to my server, and forced the image sizes on the web page. We'll have no more of that silly image nonsense now.

At 7/15/09 02:45 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: They give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, like the good Chance cards from Monopoly. <3
The first coupla ones I noticed a week ago or so reminded me of Chance or Community Chest cards from Monopoly as well. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought so. #;-}>

Of course, then I started getting some VERY un-Monopoly ones insulting me afterwards, and the feeling of Monopoly cards... faded quite quickly. #;-}>

Well, right now, there's only a dozen random stats. Some are cute - and some aren't. Don't take them personally - they're all in good fun. If you can think of any other random stat sentences, please pass them on. It's just something for LOLs!

BBS Signature