New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-13 21:39:03 Reply

At 12/13/07 01:19 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Just to add a bit more to the Edge thing... He's such a great heel that he managed to get people to cheer for Cena during their feud. Not even the almighty HHH was able to pull that off.

Edge and Orton are the only two who can draw as heels. I see that there are plenty of Orton haters here, but if the guy can make people hate him as a heel, he is a pretty damn good heel, huh? Kennedy is also on the verge of being a supervillain, but he needs to go over someone so that people can take him as a title contender. Will HBK let Kennedy go over at Armageddon?

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-13 22:00:28 Reply

At 12/13/07 09:39 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Edge and Orton are the only two who can draw as heels.

Is that why buys haven't gone up with Orton as champ? Or ratings? I think they've declined a little. The guy dosen't draw, he's boring and he's where he is because management likes him. This guy's time was after the Foley stuff, and it looks like Mic wasted his last good performances since Orton really hasn't become the big star everyone thought he would.

Put the belt on Hardy at the Rumble, or put it on Jericho and see if you can salvage him. The Orton experiment hasn't really worked.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-14 07:18:20 Reply

Do you guys think Jeff could be WWE champion? He's very over with the crowd and has a lot going for him in the ring. Next year could really be Jeff's year. Hopefully HHH won't squash him at Armagedon. If HHH wins (which is likely) I just hope Jeff gets a damn good chance at it.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature
TheGoldenFish
TheGoldenFish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-14 15:27:20 Reply

count me in mate.

so fuking glad Y2J is back

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

may your fishes be golden,
almighty GoldenFish

BBS Signature
Assi9
Assi9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-14 16:42:29 Reply

Not much happened on TNA that wasn't revealed earlier (hence I feel no need to do a full segment today), except for a few minor things; Jackie Moore got wasted, Samoa Joe made clear thathe's been getting screwed by TNA management, and Christian couldn't find ANYONE to be his partner against Angle & Roode - unless something happened after the recorder on my neighbor's Bright House cut off the last 10 or so minutes of the match! >:( In which case, can someone fill in the blanks for that last part?

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-14 20:33:14 Reply

At 12/13/07 10:00 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Is that why buys haven't gone up with Orton as champ? Or ratings? I think they've declined a little. The guy dosen't draw, he's boring and he's where he is because management likes him. This guy's time was after the Foley stuff, and it looks like Mic wasted his last good performances since Orton really hasn't become the big star everyone thought he would.
Put the belt on Hardy at the Rumble, or put it on Jericho and see if you can salvage him. The Orton experiment hasn't really worked.

The reason why ratings were higher when Cena was the champ was because the kids loved him. If the kids watch Cena wrestling, their parents will have to watch as well, that explains why Cena promoted the ratings. I have been watching RAW for a while now since Orton became the champion. The crowd was heated up whenever Orton made his appearance. It does not matter if you like him or not, if he can make the crowd hate him, he is a great heel. Of course, I am a bit biased since I am an Orton mark, feel free to debate.

BBS Signature
Assi9
Assi9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 00:23:22 Reply

Poor, poor Teddy......he's getting utterly screwed. >_< And not in the good way he used to get with Krystal.

j/k. :P

But then again, lots of people are getting screwed; Batista & Taker both won their matches, but they got the shit beat out of them afterward, so that ain't much of a win for either.

On the other hand, Jamie Noble's luck is still going good. Which only makes bad luck for Chuck..........and a hole in a wall.

Also, more Hornswaggle/Khali/Finlay antics. Ok, now just hurry up with Armaggeddon.

Assi9
Assi9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 00:26:07 Reply

Oh, I forgot: I still want to know what happened the last 10 or so minutes of Impact because the Christian vs. Angle/Roode match was cut off by my neighbor's Bright House recorder.....

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 00:43:42 Reply

OMG, Edge pinned someone cleanly with a spear! It has not occured in years!!!

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 02:42:21 Reply

At 12/14/07 08:33 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: The reason why ratings were higher when Cena was the champ was because the kids loved him. If the kids watch Cena wrestling, their parents will have to watch as well, that explains why Cena promoted the ratings. I have been watching RAW for a while now since Orton became the champion. The crowd was heated up whenever Orton made his appearance. It does not matter if you like him or not, if he can make the crowd hate him, he is a great heel. Of course, I am a bit biased since I am an Orton mark, feel free to debate.

Ok, so you've just explained to me that Cena draws. Personally, I don't see the crowd getting all that heated, and like I say, I don't really see them paying to watch Orton take a beat down, which is what an effective heel does. You want to pay to watch him get destroyed. Granted, I don't think it's fair, accurate, or logical in this day and age to try and say "oh, it's all on one guy to pull in all the ratings", you have to spread that sort of responsibility across the whole show. But if your considered the top guy, and ratings aren't good, buys aren't good with you on top, and the fans who are paying every month for PPV and watching every show (and hey, that's what the internet critics and journalists are doing!) and the opinion is fairly unanimous that you aren't cutting it...well...I think the company should take that into consideration in whether or not to keep you on top.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 15:18:52 Reply

SD was decent last night. They did do a good job to set up how Batista and Undertaker will be in the match they will have at the PPV. Beat up but very pissed at Edge.

With Long back why is Vicky still in charge? That doesn't make any sense to me.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 18:28:57 Reply

At 12/14/07 07:18 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Do you guys think Jeff could be WWE champion? He's very over with the crowd and has a lot going for him in the ring. Next year could really be Jeff's year. Hopefully HHH won't squash him at Armagedon. If HHH wins (which is likely) I just hope Jeff gets a damn good chance at it.

I can see Jeff getting a shot at the Rumble, but not winning. I think it may be more likely that he wins MITB this year. What could go down is that Jeff and Orton have a title match at RR, which ends with Orotn attacking Jeff and HHH comes down and saves him. That sets up HHH and Orton at WM. What do you think?

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 21:36:49 Reply

At 12/15/07 02:42 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Ok, so you've just explained to me that Cena draws. Personally, I don't see the crowd getting all that heated, and like I say, I don't really see them paying to watch Orton take a beat down, which is what an effective heel does.

Cena is a very limited wrestler, despite all the improvements he made in the past 2 years, he is decent at best when it comes to pure wrestling skills. But I will give credits to him for having the kids going crazy on him. I see that you do not like Orton, but he is a great heel. Sure he is not Edge who plays his "son of a bitch" role like a god, but at least the crowd had loud boos when Orton was on the show. Heels' job is to make fans hate them, quite frankly, not too many heels can do that. I watch RAW on Monday and Orton did have the most heat. You may not like how he cut his promo, but it did draw a lot of "you suck" chants. For me, if a heel can make the crowds chanting "you suck" all together, then he is a pretty damn good heel.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-15 23:34:00 Reply

You guys do realize that teh Edge/Viki thing has been done not too long ago right? Anyone else remember when HHH and Steph were in power? Just about the same thing. On;y difference is that its a GM, not the boss's daughter.

I still hate this storyline too..

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 01:40:03 Reply

At 12/15/07 11:34 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I still hate this storyline too..

I like it actually, there's a ton of possibility here. Vickie is a character on WWE TV at this point like anyone else, and that is how they're playing this from what I've seen. I have not seen any Eddiesploitation where they're like "oh, Eddie's widow is macking on Edge, what would Eddie think?" I think they've integrated Vickie in as a WWE character now and she plays off Edge well and there's a lot of different ways they can go here. Not to mention it will make Edge a bigger heel having someone in power protect him, and fans clamor all the more for babyfaces to kill him, which helps Taker, Batista, and anybody who works him at this point. Truly, SD! is the best wrestling product out there today.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
StudenTeacheRelation
StudenTeacheRelation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 03:10:15 Reply

At 12/15/07 11:34 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I still hate this storyline too..

I agree. Atleast it's only on Smackdown. Raw's where it's at, really. It has the Jericho/Orton thing going on, it has has HHH/Jeff Hardy going 1 on 1 at Armaggedon for a shot at the title (which, in my opinion, HHH will win) and it has just recently had it's 15th year anniversary.

What MORE could you possibly want??

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 03:20:56 Reply

At 12/16/07 03:10 AM, StudenTeacheRelation wrote: What MORE could you possibly want??

Angles that don't suck and actual wrestling for a freakin start.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
StudenTeacheRelation
StudenTeacheRelation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 03:49:53 Reply

At 12/16/07 03:20 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 12/16/07 03:10 AM, StudenTeacheRelation wrote: What MORE could you possibly want??
Angles that don't suck and actual wrestling for a freakin start.

Well...yeah, there's that.

Although, the ladder match between Jeff Hardy and Carlito was pretty sweet. As was the 6 man tag match, Batista, HHH and Flair vs Umaga, Orton and Edge.

I do think, though, that WWE killed the franchise when they incorperated Umaga, Khali and Big Daddy V into the shows. Umaga, granted, had a good rivalry with Cena, but that's about it. Big Daddy V did nothing, nor did Khali. Which sucks. :/

PunishedLux
PunishedLux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 08:38:09 Reply

The final WWE PPV of 2007 is upon us. Which means it's time for The D-Lucks Armageddon Predictions!!! As usual winners in bold, match types in italics.

1. Womens Champion Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James

With such little build up to the match over the last couple of weeks, I don't see the title changing hands here. In fact the match was hardly mentioned at all on Raw XV. And when we did last see Mickie and Beth in a match together, Mickie got obliterated. So Beth to retain tonight.

2. Finlay vs. The Great Khali

For the love of God, let Finlay beat the shit out of Khali tonight. I just want to see Finlay come out on top in this rivalry instead of the talentless hunk of useless that is The Great Khali. The only thing I enjoy about Khali is his music, and that's not saying much either. Finlay is too good an actual wrestler to job to Khali tonight, and in the future I think an Edge vs. Finlay WHC match would be awesome to watch. Provided of course that Finlay gets a push by defeating Khali and advancing from this storyline with Vinnie Mac. Finlay to win this one.

3. ECW Champion CM Punk and Kane vs. Big Daddy V and Mark Henry w/ Matt Striker

You know, I think BDV and Henry will actually be given the win tonight for some reason. The funny thing is, I don't actually know why I think this. I just have a gut feeling that Punk and Kane will be screwed somehow, possibly by Striker. So.... yeah. BDV and Henry for the victory. Pfft.

4. United States Champion MVP vs. Rey Mysterio

Let's put it this way, if MVP were to lose the belt to Mysterio tonight, it would make the whole MVP/Matt Hardy storyline that's been going on for a good half a year or so completely redundant and a waste of time. MVP has to win tonight in order for his stellar feud with Matt to continue once he returns, which should be quite soon if my memory serves me correctly. So MVP to retain the belt tonight.

5. Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Kennedy

If Kennedy is ever going to get back up to the position he was in during the time of WrestleMania 23 when he won Money in the Bank and had a main event slot at WrestleMania XXIV secured, he needs to re-establish himself with a win over HBK tonight. It really wouldn't hurt Shawn one bit if he were to let Kennedy go over tonight, and besides with the Rumble coming up soon and the Elimination Chamber's return at No Way Out, Kennedy, and Michaels to a lesser extent, has plenty of chances to claim his place at the top of the title contention ladder. So with any luck, Kennedy will get the win tonight and start his climb back up to the higher reaches of contention.

6. Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy (Winner gets title shot at the Royal Rumble)

In a similar fashion to Kennedy/Michaels, it wouldn't hurt The King of Politics one bit if Jeff were to be given the push of defeating him for a title shot against Orton at the Rumble. Jeff doesn't necessarily have to win the title at the Rumble, but it would elevate him further just to be given the shot and the win over HHH.
Then again it remains to be seen whether Hunter can put his selfishness to one side for one night only. Jeff to win, hopefully.

7. World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Edge vs. THE UNDERTAKAAHHHH (Triple Threat Match)

Honestly, I think it would be fantastic to see the greatest heel in the business today win the title. Can you imagine the heat Edge would get if he cheated to win the title tonight? His hatred from the fans would go through the roof if it were to happen, especially so considering his partnership with Vickie. Plus the fans will be more desperate to see the faces such as Taker, Batista, or even Finlay (see Match 2) beat the holy high hell out of him.
So please, Vince, Steph, Creative or whoever it is in charge of this match's turnout. Have Edge win tonight. I beg of you. For the furious shitstorm of marks that would occur.

8. WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Chris "In Soviet Russia, Secrets Are Kept Well" Jericho

Now, we all know Jericho's return wasn't even half as shocking or unexpected as it was meant to be. As such, he's now essentially just another man on the roster again after being rather stupidly portrayed as quite weak following his back-and-forth match with a man who was beaten with one kick and a Frog Splash in about 30 seconds by Rob Van Dam.
In essence, Orton is the one most likely to win tonight. However, I think that Orton should, like Edge, have to cheat to retain the belt. Not only does it make Jericho look stronger by not being pinned cleanly, it also gives us the possibility of a Triple Threat Orton/Jericho/Hardy match at the Royal Rumble, which in my opinion would be a great match if done right.
But for now, I have to pick Orton to retain the championship tonight.

--------------------------------

And that marks the end of not only my Armageddon predictions, but my series of predictions for 2007.
So people, thoughts on my predictions?

GadgetRobot54
GadgetRobot54
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 08:57:42 Reply

I cant wait to watch armmaggedon....Im going to have fun

newgrounds

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 10:58:17 Reply

As much as I'd like Jericho to win, I do agree that its unlikel. But not for too much longer. I think once we get past Mania there is a good chance for a new champion. Who that is depends on who wins between Jeff Hardy and HHH. If HHH wins its a good bet that it will be on him until Cena comes back.
Either that or they will keep the belt on Orton so they can pick up his fued with Cena from where it left off.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 12:19:16 Reply

I'm just gonna give some short thoughts on how I'd like Armageddon to go.
Jericho should beat Orton for the WWE title, leaving Orton open to a feud with Hornswoggle, where he belongs.
Then Jeff Hardy will beat Triple H to become number one contender, but not before Jeff hardy turns on Triple H, in a surprising swerve. Jeff then talks about how much of a pussy Matt is for getting injured, and how Jeff is sick of carrying any partner he is paired with, not restricted to, but including, Triple H.
Now I just have to bide my time and wait to see if I'm right.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 13:10:24 Reply

At 12/16/07 12:58 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Orton retains, without a doubt. I believe Jericho is moving on to a new program, most likely with Umaga and/or Kennedy (with Michaels involved) as Orton builds to his defense at mania against Trips.

Will Jericho be pinned cleanly though, or will it be a screwy victory?

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 19:30:06 Reply

Awesome stuff Red! I can agree with the ones that won.

I think the best thing for the Orton/Jericho match is to maybe give Y2J the win via DQ since Orton is such a cheater. This helps keep Jericho looking strong and to make us continue to hate Orton.

BBS Signature
Assi9
Assi9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 20:03:08 Reply

I pretty much agree with everything you just said, which is why I didn't really make any nominations. (Except for Jesse & Festus for Rookie of the Year, but it is best for MVP to have that honor).

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 22:41:46 Reply

At 12/16/07 09:38 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Holy crap, Hardy went over.

I had a post a few days ago saying that Hardy might upset HHH. It is a good choice to push Jeff Hardy to the ME level, he worked hard and deserved the chance. But HBK went over Kennedy, wtf was that? As much as I respect HBK, he really does not need the win at this point of his career. On the other hand, wasn't Mr. Kennedy supposed to be the next big star? So much for drafting him to RAW and jobbing him like a bitch. I hate you, Vince!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-16 22:52:29 Reply

Also, Edge is the new WHC which means that Batista will not be the champ again anytime soon. Give me Edge vs Taker at WM!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Sexylegs
Sexylegs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-17 03:43:23 Reply

Jeff has worked really damn hard, the kid deserves a shot at the title. However, I don't think he'll win. But hey, it's WWE, suprises happen. :D

BBS Signature
PantyWipe
PantyWipe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-17 10:54:12 Reply

At 12/13/07 01:19 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Just to add a bit more to the Edge thing... He's such a great heel that he managed to get people to cheer for Cena during their feud. Not even the almighty HHH was able to pull that off.

Triple H pulled it off when he faced Cena at wrestlemania in chicago.

PunishedLux
PunishedLux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-12-17 12:32:14 Reply

So Edge won.
Two words: Fuck yes.