00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,515,527 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-02 19:11:36

I actually see HHH winning the title back at WM. Barring the 2-hours reign, HHH has been out of the gold for "too long", at least according to him. Also it has been many years since he won at WM, HHH's ego is too big to allow him lose again at the biggest stage. As we all know, HHH wants, he gets. So yeah, "the king of kings" is back to his throne. Unfotunately, Captain Invincible will not be the one who gets pinned. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 01:19:33

The triple threat does nothing for me because barring some kind of major shocking surprise, this is just more of the same old thing we've seen over and over again.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 02:05:40

I want to order wrestlemania because its the best of the year, but then again I dont because the best of the year lately isnt saying much. Ive seen better Sunday night heats in 99 than I have recent PPV's

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 10:40:59

It's not going to be the best card WM has seen, but there will be some good matches on it. Edge vs. Taker is going to be good, even if we all have an idea of who will/should win. I think they may have Edge get DQ'ed so he keeps the title and Taker keeps his streak. Yeah it's a cheap way to do it.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 10:56:54

At 3/2/08 06:31 PM, PantyWipe wrote:
At 3/2/08 06:03 PM, Black-Lightning wrote: I was looking at finishers today. I don't like the Pedigree. It looks fake, like they never hit their head. I dunno.
By the way, Needle in a haystack, your sig pic is hot.
Yea but the pedigree would hurt like FUCK in real life.

Lol, I got botch-pedigreed once. I didn't realise that you're supposed to take your head out from between the persons legs, and neither did the person doing it. It kind of hurt.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 13:54:55

You guys reckon there'll be a Cruiserweight open at WM24?
The titles been out of the picture for fuck knows how long...

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 15:33:20

At 3/3/08 01:54 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: You guys reckon there'll be a Cruiserweight open at WM24?

I doubt that Vince still remembers that. In case he does, I hope that Noble wins the title, Jimmy Wang Yang is a decent choice as well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 18:45:57

I know I haven't been able to post here in a while, and I missed RAW & TNA from two weeks ago, but I can still catch up on last week's, luckily. I did catch something, though, that proves that somewhere on the WWE Creative team, there lurks someone with ACTUAL BRAINS! Finally, they're trying to make SOME LOGICAL SENSE out of the Hornswaggle storyline, while moving JBL out of the Jericho feud at the same time! Finally, something gone right for a change...........In speaking of that, they also finally gave Maryese SOMETHING TO DO by having her work with Teddy Long to manipulate the manipulator's fiancee. I swear, is Creative actually getting SMARTER!? Big SHow seems to be back to his old heelness again, but I guess he still wants to get a little of that boxing thing he had been shooting for before out of his system. Should prove for an interesting matchup.

Oh, one other thing: I think Edge should win WM. Why? Because of 2 things: (1) Taker has a 15-0 streak already, which is a good enough number, IMO, to end it on, & (2) Edge would solidify himself as the WWE's greatest heel. Taker can always go on a rampage after being screwed out of the win afterward anyway. :P

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 19:51:29

Sorry to double-post, but I wanted to get the above part out of the way first before going into mass-quote mode. :P

At 2/18/08 12:53 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 2/18/08 12:18 AM, The-Redangleprince wrote: DoD, try not to quadruple or even triple post like that.
You created the baseball club... You mean to tell me that you never noticed about Duke's tendency to do that?

I have; he double- & triple-posts ALL THE TIME. I don't know how one could NOT notice. It's just his thing.

And did anyone notice how the crowd turned on Punk when he went for the Three Amigos? I definitely wasn't expecting that. Though I am glad he lost the match. I guess we'll see him in the MITB come Wrestlemania.

Wow, they actually BOOED Punk!? Shame; I'd rather him do the Three Amigos than Chavo, whether he's a Guererro or not.

At 2/18/08 07:31 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Yay for Big Show being back! Shame the poor guy got his nose broken before he could even have a match. Maybe WWE should tell it's quest stars not to actually try to hurt the performers.

You'd thing the guy would've realized that ahead of time.

At 2/18/08 07:41 AM, The-Redangleprince wrote:
At 2/18/08 07:31 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: From what I read they did a great job in establishing both Umaga and Jeff Hardy last night. Umaga was dominating and devistating, and it took several finiashers to put him away. For Jeff it took two pedigree's to get the job done. Very good booking in terms of character development.
I havent seen the match, but thats what I heard too. In fact, I heard everyone was kept strong even in losing. That means WWE CAN book when they want to...

See? There IS some intelligence surfacing amongst Creative somewhere.

At 2/24/08 02:42 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: So I heard X-Pac tried to hang himself, then got put in rehab. Scary stuff, I hope he can turn his life around. Scott Hall is said to also be in rehab, paid by the WWE.

X-Pac was in the old DX, right? I don't quite know since he was before my time. Scott Hall I'm not really surprised about considering what occurred with TNA.

At 2/25/08 04:03 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote:
At 2/25/08 03:24 PM, PantyWipe wrote:
At 2/25/08 05:38 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Happy birthday Ric Flair! And coincidentally, me too ^_^
Any bets he gets embarrassed on Raw tonight?
My birthday was yesterday. Happy birthday, fellow pisces! I hope ya have a good one!
And my birthday's tomorrow. Ain't this the coinci-dink.

Happy belated B-Day to all of ya'! Geez, lots o' B-Days....

At 2/26/08 12:00 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: It almost seems like they're maybe moving away from that whole simulated incest thing already don't it? Burchill asking for the Mania slot and using Katie Lea as bait to try and entice Regal...all for that, all for THAT. Anything that keeps that act from getting into the land of super gross and destroying careers makes me happy.

Definitely agreed; please spare Burchill the humility!

At 2/26/08 08:27 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I guess D.H. Smith has been demoted to jobber. Thats what happens when you do drugs kids.

That's what he gets for being stupid.

At 2/29/08 09:23 PM, Needle-In-Haystack wrote:
At 2/29/08 06:20 PM, boloneyman wrote: Yes, she is hot. Maria is still my favorite though, she reps Chicago and straight edge.
You rock, Maria has ALWAYS been my favorite since she got it the business! HOLY SHIT SHE'S SO CUTE!

And just think - she'll be in Playboy soon..........fuck Santino's whining. :P Btw, excellent pic. ^_^

At 3/2/08 12:04 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Matt Hardy returned on the house shows this weekend, and immediately went after MVP. Looks like we could have that match finalized by Friday, here's hoping.

Good; make MVP pay!!!! ^_^ And Orton later.

At 3/2/08 01:33 PM, Needle-In-Haystack wrote: Matt Hardy's returning?? OHH YEAAAAHHH! I feel so good that I could slap a tornado!! =D

And dry up a sea. :P

At 3/2/08 06:31 PM, PantyWipe wrote:
At 3/2/08 06:03 PM, Black-Lightning wrote: I was looking at finishers today. I don't like the Pedigree. It looks fake, like they never hit their head. I dunno.
Yea but the pedigree would hurt like FUCK in real life.

No shit, much like the 5-Knuckle Shuffle would in real life if it actually hit.

At 3/3/08 10:56 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Lol, I got botch-pedigreed once. I didn't realise that you're supposed to take your head out from between the persons legs, and neither did the person doing it. It kind of hurt.

Ouch. >_< Don't you know the Golden Rule of 'Don't try this at home!'?

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 21:00:48

Sorry if its been done, but heres the preview for tonights Raw. Sounds fairly good:

- WWE has announced the following for tonight's edition of Raw:

* Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels will team together in a tag match.

* Maria will unveil her Playboy magazine cover.

* Big Show is scheduled to face a "professional boxer" in an exhibition to his Floyd Mayweather bout at WrestleMania.

* The return of Chris Jericho's talk show, "The Highlight Reel"

Jericho's highlight reel sounds promising, as does Marias cover unveiling.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 21:20:55

Rofl @ the little boxer who just got "buried" by the Big Show. Even I am taller and stronger than the little jobber, lmao! Wasn't just me or everyone enjoyed how Big Show tossed his little ass of the ring?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 21:38:18

At 3/3/08 01:54 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: You guys reckon there'll be a Cruiserweight open at WM24?

And I fully believe will stay that way. If they were going to do something with that belt, they'd have done it already. I oftentimes wonder how long the women's belt will honestly be around, they could pretty easily have Diva matches without it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 21:48:56

At 3/3/08 09:20 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Rofl @ the little boxer who just got "buried" by the Big Show. Even I am taller and stronger than the little jobber, lmao! Wasn't just me or everyone enjoyed how Big Show tossed his little ass of the ring?

There was a time when noone could beat his ass, now look at him. Poor big show. Hes the big joke now.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 22:03:01

Also, if it hasnt been mentioned yet, Happy Birthday, Avie!

Patty loves you, and thanks for chattin with me about the wrestling biz for the past year!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 22:38:55

At 3/3/08 09:48 PM, PantyWipe wrote: There was a time when noone could beat his ass, now look at him. Poor big show. Hes the big joke now.

Didn't we have Stone Cold vs Tyson back in 1998? It is not the first time that Vince has done a boxer vs wrestler match. Sure I feel sorry to Big Show being a big joke now, but name a big name not named
Taker nor Batista who is not a joke, you cannot. The era in which big men domiant has long passed. On a side note though, I think that the match would hurt Maryweather more than the Big Show. We all know that wrestling is fake, but boxing is not. I heard that Maryweather would face De La Hoya pretty soon. Had Maryweather not being fully prepared, he could get upset.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 22:43:44

Im just sayin goin from stone cold havin to him with a chair 4 times to take him to his knees to some 100 lb boxer knocking him stupid is a pretty big fall from grace.

Also, this kid may be a boxer, but he DEFINITELY aint no fucking Mike Tyson. He looks like Tyson's fucking towel boy. As recently as a year a go, the guy would fight 2 or 3 jobbers in the ring AT THE SAME TIME and squash the shit outta em. Lookit him now. He aint even wrestling wrestlers now. Now hes getting his face busted for real by guys who are 80 punds soaking wet, boxer or no boxer.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 22:48:12

Hey, JBL is shooting! Anyone else afraid he picked up a broom handle to sodomize Hornswoggle with when the lights went out though? I look forward to Finlay wrecking him simply because I just like watching JBL get beaten like a whore.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 22:51:59

At 3/3/08 10:48 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Hey, JBL is shooting!

It doesnt start here in Phoenix for another hour, but the words "JBL" and "Shoot" ALWAYS make me happy because I know Im either gonna end up going "OOOOOOH!" or "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" when I watch Raw.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 23:36:20

That might have been the best RAW EVER!!!

Cooking with Goldberg
Jeff Hardy shoots laser beams from his eyes
The ridiculously expensive Jeritron 6000
Floyd Mayweather talking about jets (Get the jets ready!), breaking jaws and PANCAKES
The Santino Playboy Cover
Hornswoggle apparently getting raped by JBL... Either that or he used Akuma's Lights Out Special >_>
Posing for Playboy makes you smarter.

If I had to rate it, I would give a 20/10

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-03 23:39:59

At 3/3/08 10:43 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Also, this kid may be a boxer, but he DEFINITELY aint no fucking Mike Tyson. He looks like Tyson's fucking towel boy. As recently as a year a go, the guy would fight 2 or 3 jobbers in the ring AT THE SAME TIME and squash the shit outta em. Lookit him now. He aint even wrestling wrestlers now. Now hes getting his face busted for real by guys who are 80 punds soaking wet, boxer or no boxer.

Like I said, the Maryweather vs Big Show angle is completely useless for both men. I wonder why Maryweather has ANYTHING to do with the WWE given that he is a professional boxer who will defend his title against top challengers. Bad things can happen if Maryweather takes Hoya too light and continue to waste his time with the WWE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 11:45:03

It was awesome to see the Highlight Reel again. That was always a great segment.

Carlito has qualified for the MITB which makes me happy that the guy is finally on the card for WM.

I hope JBL gets his ass kicked. Not because I care about Hornswaggle, I just hate JBL.

Kennedy and Cena had a decent match last night. That DDT Kennedy did was cool as hell.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 12:55:57

At 3/4/08 12:02 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: GET THE JETS READY

I'ma break your jaw! And you look like you've been eating pancakes for the past 30 days. Seriously, Floyd is so bad on the mic, that he's incredibly entertaining... Even if for all the wrong reasons.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 13:55:07

Floyd didnt even seem mad... he was just sitting there reading off a card.

I think "Get the jets ready" is the funniest thing Ive heard in a while.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 14:11:25

At 3/4/08 12:55 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I'ma break your jaw! And you look like you've been eating pancakes for the past 30 days. Seriously, Floyd is so bad on the mic, that he's incredibly entertaining... Even if for all the wrong reasons.

The guy comes off a complete heel. Wonder if WWE is regretting this yet? It hasn't gotten them the publicity they wanted, and just the whole plan has gone to hell. Without De La Hoya, this isn't drawing.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 14:41:22

At 3/4/08 02:11 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: The guy comes off a complete heel. Wonder if WWE is regretting this yet? It hasn't gotten them the publicity they wanted, and just the whole plan has gone to hell. Without De La Hoya, this isn't drawing.

If I'm WWE, I just let Floyd turn heel. Like you said, he already acts like one, so why not run with it? Let Floyd run his mouth and talk about how Boxing is a real sport and he's trying to let wrestling fans see a real athlete.

At the very least it might make this whole angle a bit more interesting.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 15:13:23

At 3/4/08 02:41 PM, pepeatumi wrote: If I'm WWE, I just let Floyd turn heel. Like you said, he already acts like one, so why not run with it? Let Floyd run his mouth and talk about how Boxing is a real sport and he's trying to let wrestling fans see a real athlete.

At the very least it might make this whole angle a bit more interesting.

Would they be able to turn Show face though? It would be good if they had a sort of 2-out-of-3 falls type thing, where one match is boxing, one is wrestling, and whatever for the third, because I just don't see the draw of a 400 pound wrestler against a cruiserweight (or whatever) boxer.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 18:42:32

At 3/4/08 03:13 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Would they be able to turn Show face though? It would be good if they had a sort of 2-out-of-3 falls type thing, where one match is boxing, one is wrestling, and whatever for the third, because I just don't see the draw of a 400 pound wrestler against a cruiserweight (or whatever) boxer.

Only dumbass "we react how we're told" marks will cheer for Mayweather. The guy has done NOTHING to make himself seem a face or sympathetic. I think people will probably just crap on that match in the building, or sit on their hands. I can't imagine anybody reacting happily to this nonsense like "I paid for this?!" unless they're a boxing fan.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 18:47:51

At 3/4/08 11:45 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Kennedy and Cena had a decent match last night. That DDT Kennedy did was cool as hell.

I cannot believe that I am saying this as a Cena hater, but it is so werid and fresh to see him jumping from the top rope and hit Ken Kennedy with a clotheline, God knows how long he had not done that prior to last night. We have used to see the same old 5 moves Cena uses to finish off a match. Hey, I give him credits to have something mildly fun last night, I still cannot believe that I am saying this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 18:54:56

At 3/4/08 02:11 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: The guy comes off a complete heel. Wonder if WWE is regretting this yet? It hasn't gotten them the publicity they wanted, and just the whole plan has gone to hell. Without De La Hoya, this isn't drawing.

Everyone knows how the Stone Cold vs MikeTyson feud turned out. Vince needs to stop being so pathetic and realize that the boxer vs wrestler angle will never work regardless how the creative team books it. The cold hard fact is that the Big Show vs Maryweather feud screams "failure" from get going. For some reason, Vince never surprises me at failing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-03-04 19:18:32

At 3/4/08 06:42 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I can't imagine anybody reacting happily to this nonsense like "I paid for this?!" unless they're a boxing fan.

De La Hoya's probably thrilled that Mayweather is wasting his time in the WWE rather than preparing for their fight.