00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,515,394 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-02 23:59:25

There is what... two maybe three matches announced for this ppv? How can wwe think it will do great when they don't bother booking or building up the rest of the card? WWE can't blame it on ECW itself, this is WWE's fault.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 00:04:48

At 12/2/06 11:59 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: There is what... two maybe three matches announced for this ppv? How can wwe think it will do great when they don't bother booking or building up the rest of the card? WWE can't blame it on ECW itself, this is WWE's fault.

Actually only two have been announced by the WWE, the Dreamer-Daivari and Holly-Sandman matches were announced on the Internet. I guess that the WWE is just banking on the ECW name to come through for them, but they still needed to put on a better undercard IMO.

It won't do spectacular but it won't bomb (in terms of buys) as badly as some people believe. Having CM Punk and The Hardyz compete will get some buys from the Internet wrestling community, the hardcore WWE fans will get it because they get every PPV (that's about 100k buys right there and I'm sure that some people will buy it because of the ECW name.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 04:27:54

can i join???

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 06:32:29

At 12/3/06 05:44 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Also, on Wednesday, December 6th, I finally get to play Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 on my brother's birthday! Can't wait for that.

I've played that game, and it's awesome. Drooling, wet-your-pants-not-pee, awesome.

I may be exaggerating, but still It rules.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 09:42:32

At 12/3/06 04:27 AM, jervic wrote: can i join???

post again with something to add to the conversation and the answer will be yes ok?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 13:35:49

I was looking around the WWE Title History on WWE.com and....This one guy...He looks weird...

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 13:36:53

At 12/3/06 01:35 PM, Redface wrote:

Fuck me, forgot the pic.

Like he's fucking constipated...

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 15:52:23

if you read some things about him Wikipedia , it confirms that it's CM Punk.

;

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 16:18:47

At 12/3/06 01:36 PM, Redface wrote: Like he's fucking constipated...

That's Bill Alfonso, a former referee, and manager of RVD, Sabu, and Taz during various points during their ECW runs.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 17:13:22

At 12/3/06 04:18 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
That's Bill Alfonso, a former referee, and manager of RVD, Sabu, and Taz during various points during their ECW runs.

He has the weirdest expression on his face... You Gettin' December to Dismember, Avie? I'm going over to a friends house later to watch it. might reveiw it if I feel like it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 17:22:04

At 12/3/06 05:13 PM, Redface wrote:
At 12/3/06 04:18 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
He has the weirdest expression on his face... You Gettin' December to Dismember, Avie? I'm going over to a friends house later to watch it. might reveiw it if I feel like it.

Speaking of ECW, I saw this on The Spirit Squad's Wikipedia page and it made me laugh:

"Spirit Squad is a heel tag team (with five members) currently wrestling for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) on the RAW brand. The team consists of Kenny, Johnny, Mitch, Nicky, and Mikey with the gimmick of an all-male cheerleading squad, developed from an idea suggested by Paul Heyman"

That Mr, Dangerously sure is an innovator...

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 17:47:19

At 12/3/06 05:45 PM, LordKooler wrote:
Title Unification Match: Bryan Danielson (ROH Heavyweight Champion) vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH Pure Champion), Unified 08/12/2006.

Hope you guys enjoy these matches.

This is the only match of those I haven't seen, I actually posted the Homicide on another site last night. Oh yeahm you should download Matt Hardy vs Homicide if you can, its a pretty good match and worth watching.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 19:27:03

At 12/3/06 05:22 PM, Redface wrote: That Mr, Dangerously sure is an innovator...

They actually had a lot of good heel heat on them until they got viciously destroyed by DX and then Ric Flair. Bad gimmicks can get over if they're on the right performer(s) and they're not booked as jobbers or losers (look at how John Cena took that crappy Vanilla Ice rap gimmick they stuck on him and has turned it into something markateble and has become WWE champion), Besides, if Paul Heyman only suggested the idea, that's a lot different then if he'd come up with it and booked it. There's stuff Paul Heyman did, and managed to make work like mad that nobody else was really ever able to draw the same sort of money with.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 22:10:05

I heard a rumor that Grangrel is joining the ECW extremists.
I don't think this would be true... isn't gangrel a lot older now?
And when Gangrel, Edge, and Christian were "The Brood" I thought that was cool the way they came up from a burning fire as their entrance.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 22:28:53

Good thing I found a live stream of DtD, if you didn't buy it, its the best money you've never spent.

Sabu wasn't in the EC, he was "knocked out" backstage and Holly took his place. Punk and Van Dam were the first two eliminated, the table and the barbed wired bat WEREN"T used and Lashley beat Show in about minutes.

Hardyz vs MNM was the best match of the night (although that's not saying much), Trinity and Ariel were smoking hot!!! and there were a ton of TNA and boring chants.

Worst PPV since Survivor Series.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 23:17:45

I'm reading through the results and...damn wwe has screwed ECW royal.

But I almost forgot. Don't want to spoil it for Avie, so I'll keep quiet. (mainly because I forgot if he said he was going to avoid this topic until he see's it or not)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 23:30:25

At 12/3/06 11:17 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I'm reading through the results and...damn wwe has screwed ECW royal.

But I almost forgot. Don't want to spoil it for Avie, so I'll keep quiet. (mainly because I forgot if he said he was going to avoid this topic until he see's it or not)

Don't worry, he said he'll avoid this club until about Thursday or Friday... Let's put it like this... The highlights were Trinity and the clothes she was wearing and Ariel's ass.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 23:34:45

At 12/3/06 10:28 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Worst PPV since Survivor Series.

thats a huge statement, wow..
worst PPV in 2 weeks!!
you really went out there with that statement..
that tells me nothing.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-03 23:38:44

At 12/3/06 11:34 PM, madknt wrote:
At 12/3/06 10:28 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Worst PPV since Survivor Series.
thats a huge statement, wow..
worst PPV in 2 weeks!!
you really went out there with that statement..
that tells me nothing.

I know SS was recently... That's why I made the comment. If you must know, not even the Elimination CHamber match saved it, tons of TNA and boring chants. Terkay id a musclebuster and some dude from the crowd went and said... That's a Musclebuster, Joe's gonna kill you and t was so damn quiet that everyone heard the comment.

Probably the worst PPV of the year.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 06:52:47

From what I've heard the Hardyz/MNM match was the best of the night.

Hell here is a bit of news on it:

Frome Wrestlezone:
Before the ECW December to Dismember PPV went on the air last night, the dark match live in the James Brown Arena in Augusta, Georgia saw Stevie Richards defeat Rene Dupree.

Just to show you how much Vince cares about ECW, they were selling a t-shirt with the matches and city at the ECW PPV. The problem is that the PPV listed Sabu in the main event, Bob Holly vs. The Sandman, and Matt Striker vs. Al Snow, none of which happened. I guess if you bought the t-shirt, you got screwed.

There is definitely more as to why Sabu was pulled out of the Elimination Chamber last night. One source told us last week that he thought Sabu was actually trying to get himself fired. Don't be surprised if something happens this week. Stay tuned.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 10:09:12

That Sucks. Why would Sabu want to do something like that?... I Guess if Heyman or Vince care about Sabu, they're going to have to do something to make him happy, like give him the championship. FROM THIS MAN!

That's Lashley BTW

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 10:10:23

I was reading some of the recaps for DTD... And this is what I found.

Show Highlight: Easily, this one goes to the opening tag match. Excellent stuff here by both teams, and they worked their asses off. Probably the best WWE tag team match this year. It’s just funny that the best match on the card featured NO ECW wrestlers.

-The bait and switch with Sabu

-Hardcore Holly in my main event

-Sandman not even in a fucking match

-The complete lack of hardcore wrestling, until the main event

-The weapons in the main event served VERY little purpose

-Mike Knox being made out to look like a heel for growing a set of balls

-Tommy Dreamer losing to a god damned school boy

-RVD and CM Punk, your only over guys in the main event, being eliminated first, so the fans cheer Bobby Lashley by default

-Test eliminating Holly, for no good reason except to receive an ass kicking.

Knox was made to look like a heel because he left Kelly by hereself against Thorn and Ariel... You know, the same Kelly who's been hitting on Punk for the past 2 months... That damn Mike Knox!

Seriously, worst PPV I’ve seen in a long ass time. When one of the biggest positives is that Test isn’t your champion, you know you just produced a enormous turd.

Overall show thoughts: To sum my feelings up, this PPV was so incredibly bad, I’m forced to believe that the WWE is purposely botching this ECW venture so they can finally kill it. Just about EVERY golden rule of booking was broken here, and there are no signs of the company fixing it. Thumbs emphatically down.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 12:40:06

You have no idea just how hard I laughed when I saw that Far Side pic. Dude thats genius!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 13:30:44

Former TNA star and WWE signee Monty Brown just arrived backstage at the Monday Night Raw/ECW taping in North Charleston, SC, so it's likely he'll be appearing on one of the shows tonight.

Credit PWinisder

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 16:02:22

At 12/4/06 10:09 AM, Xmasface wrote: That Sucks. Why would Sabu want to do something like that?... I Guess if Heyman or Vince care about Sabu, they're going to have to do something to make him happy, like give him the championship. FROM THIS MAN!

That's Lashley BTW

Another face champion? OMG, Vince is killing me. Ever since the destruction of WCW era, a face champion would always reign longer than the heel champion and look much more dominant than the heel even when he is chasing the title. Tell me, Vince, why do you book every face contender as superman and every main event heel as scared pussy. If we all know that the face will destroy the heel anyway in the end, why bother watching? Damn, I miss those good old days when The Undertaker (heel) kills everyone in sight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 18:23:23

Goodbye ECW.... Avie isn't going to like this.

PWInsider.com has just reported the details on Paul Heyman’s departure from not only ECW but apparently WWE as a whole. According to Dave Scherer, Vince McMahon was furious at last night’s ECW December to Dismember pay per view and is trying to pin all the blame on Paul Heyman. Nevermind the fact that it was more of a WWE style pay per view than an ECW one.

According to Dave’s sources Vince believes that Paul doesn’t get what the new vision of ECW should be and that he is “caught in the past”. So how did all of this come about?

Well apparently the problems started last night when Heyman, angry at how the show was being booked, began voicing his opinions before, during and after the show. Reportedly there were definite issues between Vince and Paul that escalated today at the tapings where a meeting was held at approx 2pm eastern time with Heyman, Stephanie McMahon-Levesque, and Vince McMahon.

After the meeting Heyman came out of the meeting looking normal like nothing had transpired. He then grabbed his stuff and left. The word is this is NOT a storyline at all and that Paul Heyman is done with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Maybe I should say... Goodbye Paul Heyman... Oh yeah... FUCK YOU VINCE AND FUCK YOU STEPHANIE, YOU HAD SOMETHING GOOD IN YOUR HANDS AND YOU BLOW IT, AND YOU BLAME HEYMAN..... Just brilliant.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 18:25:37

Holy Crap!!!!

From Wrestlezone.com/PWInsider.com :
Paul Heyman was sent home from today's Monday Night Raw/ECW taping in North Carolina.

We can confirm that the word going around is that he's been let go by the company following last night's ECW PPV.

more:
PWInsider.com has just reported the details on Paul Heyman’s departure from not only ECW but apparently WWE as a whole. According to Dave Scherer, Vince McMahon was furious at last night’s ECW December to Dismember pay per view and is trying to pin all the blame on Paul Heyman. Nevermind the fact that it was more of a WWE style pay per view than an ECW one.

According to Dave’s sources Vince believes that Paul doesn’t get what the new vision of ECW should be and that he is “caught in the past”. So how did all of this come about?

Well apparently the problems started last night when Heyman, angry at how the show was being booked, began voicing his opinions before, during and after the show. Reportedly there were definite issues between Vince and Paul that escalated today at the tapings where a meeting was held at approx 2pm eastern time with Heyman, Stephanie McMahon-Levesque, and Vince McMahon.

After the meeting Heyman came out of the meeting looking normal like nothing had transpired. He then grabbed his stuff and left. The word is this is NOT a storyline at all and that Paul Heyman is done with World Wrestling Entertainment.

wow. I knew it was bad, but I was not expecting this. ECW is now dead in the water, and TNA is going to get a very key player in it's war against wwe. This is just a shock to me. Holy crap.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 18:31:04

woops, seems me and pep had the same idea, he just beat me in posting it. This is a sad day in wrestling history. It could also mean a turnaround for TNA, but with Russo booking things it may be a while before they get Heymen; that and he will probably has some sort of clause in his contract that will prevent him from going to TNA right away.

stunning news. This just shows that a really bad show can change things in a hurry. But not always for the best. Yeah Avie is going to be pissed. Really pissed. Hell I am.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-12-04 18:35:25

At 12/4/06 06:31 PM, Outlaw88 wrote:
stunning news. This just shows that a really bad show can change things in a hurry. But not always for the best. Yeah Avie is going to be pissed. Really pissed. Hell I am.

I'm not surprised at the PPV Heyman gave a speech before the EC and he said, even when I'm gone the ECW legacy will continue to live on... I guess even before the main event, Heyman knew hat this was crap... The way I see it, TNA is going to have a chance at a lot of good talent in a while.

Vince just made a big mistake and I so hope that this comes back and bites him in the ass...The worst pasrt is the mcmahons thrying to put the blame on Heyman for such a crappy PPV.... Hey VInce, you asshole, if Heyman would have been in charge of the booking this would not have happened, You have no one to blame but yourself and those idiotic people you call "writers".