New Topic Respond to this Topic
Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-12 17:44:40 Reply

Rowdy Roddy Piper And Jeff "That was my painting, MAN!" Hardy were my highlights of the night. I Conked out before The Trish/Mickie Match-up (Don't blame me, It was a school night) but it sounds like I missed a GREAT Spot.

Also, Good News (for those of you who care)! "Redface Says" will be making its triumphant return with a reveiw of UNFORGIVEN!

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-12 22:10:31 Reply

I don't usually talk about promos but... Damn! Heyman just put on one hell of a promo he had the crowd cheering for him and just like that he turned the fans against him in about a second... The man's incredible when it comes to mic work.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

head2toewinner
head2toewinner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-12 22:19:54 Reply

Damn, I didn't even know that WWE was still on. I haven't watched it in so long. I want to get back into it. so count me in to the club.

cornontheconn
cornontheconn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-12 23:15:10 Reply

Man, CM Punk was intense tonight. The crowd must've really pumped him up, because he made some pretty hard hits out there.

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 00:13:22 Reply

At 9/12/06 11:15 PM, cornontheconn wrote: Man, CM Punk was intense tonight. The crowd must've really pumped him up, because he made some pretty hard hits out there.

Damn the only match I missed for the Ecw debut in MSG. I hope to see a great rivalary with Punk and the reject or someone with a higher caliber.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Assi9
Assi9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 00:33:43 Reply

HUZZAH! (Sorry, Redangle, but I had to steal your shtick there for a sec.) I apologize for not doing my "Blah-Blah-Blah" thing for SD last week, but I'm trying to get an HP Pavillion comp w/ Windows 2000 Internet-ready (no modem installed for some reason.....), which means I'd finally start using YouTube to watch all those previously-posted matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do the Blah-Blah-Blah for Friday after this catchup post.....and a refresher course......

At 9/7/06 11:42 PM, boloneyman wrote: So will Paul Burchill have the pirate gimmick in the new game? Vince wanted to drop it when he found out about Jack Sparrow. He has even been dropped from the roster.

Aw, snap; that's bullshit. I liked the gimmick, and I liked his finisher, too........crap. HOW COULD VINCE NOT KNOW ABOUT JACK SPARROW BEFOREHAND? DOES VINCE LIVE IN A FRICKING CAVE, NOW????

At 9/8/06 06:09 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote:
At 9/8/06 06:03 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Hey guys, I have a great idea for a new storyline.
Lashley was in the army right? And people get thrown out of the army for being gay right?
So why don't we have Lashley turn gay, come out dressed in full army attire, and start an on screen relationship with Vito?
Signed, Vince McMahon.
Sounds like a great idea playa! I'll get right on it. Expect it to be headlining all upcoming Smackdown Pay-Per-Views sir!

Smooches, Teddy xx

GODDAMN, THE BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP! YOU'LL GIVE THE WWE WRITERS IDEAS!

At 9/8/06 07:16 PM, cornontheconn wrote: Looks like Vince made a big change to the drug policy:

GOOD - now the storylines won't be fucked up due to dumb decisions by the wrestlers. Vince should've kept it that way; what made him change it in the first place?

At 9/10/06 03:58 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 9/10/06 03:35 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I tend to go by the rule of thumb in that nothing is a guarantee in wrestling.
There is one.... No matter what the situation is, Hogan is never going to job.

Quoted for truth; he's called "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan for a reason - the fans refuse to let him job, as it should be, 52 years & a fake hip or not.

At 9/11/06 02:30 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I don't think Mcmahon will do anything dumb, especially after the shots he took because of the IRwin comment just last week. if anything the WWE will make a video in memory of those who perished in 9/11 or a video to honor the troops.... Besides, its Madison Square Garden, Mcmahon won't screw things up there.

One can only hope - Vince, PLEEZ don't make the same mistake twice in a row........or preferably, again, period.....but I'm thinking that that would be too much to ask......

At 9/11/06 03:44 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Hulk Hogan's car has burst into flames. Luckily no serious injuries were sustained to Hogan or his family.

Oh, snap..........

At 9/11/06 07:58 PM, redface wrote:
At 9/11/06 07:35 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Do you know how stupid you sound after that comment? Not to mention, they know what a fucking asset Punk is, that's why the guy is always on TV.
You don't have to make me look like a moron, you big jerky-face :'(

(in Nelson Muntz fashion) HAW-HAW!

At 9/12/06 06:47 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: The crowd sure was vocal during the 6 man tag. It seemed that half was for and the other against with Cena.

Some of the crowd was against Cena? Haven't heard that in years.

At 9/12/06 10:10 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I don't usually talk about promos but... Damn! Heyman just put on one hell of a promo he had the crowd cheering for him and just like that he turned the fans against him in about a second... The man's incredible when it comes to mic work.

Sounds like Heyman, alright. He's actually one of the better actors.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Assi9
Assi9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 01:14:30 Reply

Ya know what? Screw it - I'm just gonna' comment on D-Lucks' Recap, as it's too late for my segment, really.

At 9/9/06 06:11 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: The D-Lucks Smackdown Recap

Meh, thought I'd do it for a change.

1. Chavo Guerrero w/Vickie Guerrero vs. Tatanka

Another week of Native Americans arguing with referees and WWE refusing to let Eddie's name rest. Chavo won with a Frog Splash.

Fuck Chavo & Vicky - I no longer care what the fuck they do anymore.

2. The Miz vs. Matt Hardy

Matt had it won until Gregory Helms interefered and bounced his head off the rope, allowing Miz to get the pinfall. Looks like it may be Hardy vs. Helms at No Mercy.

GAAH! Matt never catches a break unless he's facing Helms directly...........

3. London, Kendrick & Ashley vs. KC James, Idol Stevens & Michelle McCool

London, Kendrick and Ashley won in the end.

Didn't pay attention to it.

4. Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio

Mysterio was an emotional wreck; he missed most of his signiture moves and got the Celtic Cross from Finlay. Finlay won.

And just when you thought JBL couldn't be any bigger of an ass.........

5. Lashley vs. William Regal

Regal was scheduled to fight Vito again this week, but threatened Teddy Long with a sexual harrassment lawsuit if he faced him. So Teddy put against Lashley instead. Vito was at rigside to help out with commentary. The match wasn't really all that special, Vito flashed his arse at Regal at somepoint and Lashley speared Regal for the win.

Vito tried to get the point across that he wasn't gay, but JBL was still too creeped out to hear any of it, as he sat veeeeeeeeeeeeery far away. LOLZORZ.

6. Mr. Kennedy vs. Some Jobber Who I Think Was Called Danny Something

Kennedy squashed the jobber. Kennedy then made his big announcement, which was basically that he no longer has any mountains to climb on SD!, and that if John Cena ends up coming to Smackdown, then he might go to Raw. Teddy Long then told Kennedy that there was someone on Smackdown he'd never faced. He then made a match between Kennedy and Undertaker for No Mercy. Sounds good to me.

Lawrence Tyler. No Danny; I just looked at LordCooler's recap. He had quite a few crudentials under his belt (pardon the pun, there), as I remember it. Anyway, did anyone see the look on Kennedy's face at the mere mention of The Dead Man? Priceless.

7. King Booker vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship

Batista stopped intereferance from Regal and Sharmell, but failed to stop Finlay, who then hit Batista on the head with the shillalgh (sp?) Booker covered Batista and got the win. Finlay then proceeded to beat down Batista with chairs and the shillalgh, busting him open. Finlay then shouted at Batista, "You have no idea what you have gotten into. I'm your worst nightmare."

It's spelt "shellaligh", as far as I know, so ya' only missed the one 'i'. Anyway, HIS SKULL HAD TO HAVE BEEN CRACKED AFTER ALL THAT. Planned out or not, that still looked like some extreme pain there.

Other stuff that happened

MVP says to Teddy that if Cena comes to SD!, he wants to be signed for one dollar more than Cena will be.

I AM FUCKING SICK & TIRED OF THIS POMPOUS ASSHOLE!!!!!! HE WAS THE ONE MAKING THE BIG MISTAKE, NOT TEDDY.

Another Jimmy Wayne Yang promo where he talks about curves.

Don't remember it too well, but who cares? HE'S JIMMY WAYNE YANG, AND HE'S YER' BOY! GIDDYUP! YEEHAW!

Well, it doesn't sound dumb when he says it........

JBL attacks Tony Chimmel for a couple of minutes with a T-Shirt gun.

I missed that; poor Chimmel gets less respect than Cole does......

Anyway, D-Lucks, I apologize for using your recap to move mine along, but it's late, and the old comp still cuts me off..........only a matter of time, though.............^_^

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

head2toewinner
head2toewinner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 01:19:21 Reply

Excuse me for not knowing this but who the hell is Vickie? I was watching back when Eddie and Chavo faught together.

cornontheconn
cornontheconn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 01:21:07 Reply

At 9/13/06 12:13 AM, isCRULZ wrote:
At 9/12/06 11:15 PM, cornontheconn wrote: Man, CM Punk was intense tonight. The crowd must've really pumped him up, because he made some pretty hard hits out there.
Damn the only match I missed for the Ecw debut in MSG. I hope to see a great rivalary with Punk and the reject or someone with a higher caliber.

Well, he already beat Shannon Moore. But the segment afterwards made it look like he might start feuding with Knox.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 02:05:24 Reply

I'm not happy with the Big Show win, I can see why WWE felt the need to do it, but I just don't know how many times you can do essentially the same old ending for fucking Sabu out of the belt before it starts to become old hat. More on that in the report card tommorow.

I still enjoyed the show overall, but obviously there were things I could easily find wrong with the show.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 05:15:59 Reply

At 9/13/06 02:05 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I still enjoyed the show overall, but obviously there were things I could easily find wrong with the show.

Be best part of ECW was the black guy running up behind Dupree when he was coming down the ramp and into the stage, he gave him a double thumbs down with the best face ever. God bless that negro.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 06:42:41 Reply

At 9/13/06 12:33 AM, Assi9 wrote: Aw, snap; that's bullshit. I liked the gimmick, and I liked his finisher, too........crap. HOW COULD VINCE NOT KNOW ABOUT JACK SPARROW BEFOREHAND? DOES VINCE LIVE IN A FRICKING CAVE, NOW????

I have to agree with you there. Vince knew full well who Jack Sparrow was, and even if he didn't you can't tell me that not one of his employees saw the movie. I think they just got lazy with it and didn't think it was taking off fast enough.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 07:39:33 Reply

At 9/13/06 06:42 AM, Outlaw88 wrote:
I have to agree with you there. Vince knew full well who Jack Sparrow was, and even if he didn't you can't tell me that not one of his employees saw the movie. I think they just got lazy with it and didn't think it was taking off fast enough.

Yeah, when I said he found out about Jack Sparrow, I meant he didn't realize how similar the characters were. He expected more of a "aaaarggh matey walk the blank so I can take you gold" pirate.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
PunishedLux
PunishedLux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 11:58:44 Reply

At 9/13/06 01:14 AM, Assi9 wrote: Anyway, D-Lucks, I apologize for using your recap to move mine along, but it's late, and the old comp still cuts me off..........only a matter of time, though.............^_^

No worries. Look forward to your Blah-Blah-Blah (8D

Apollo
Apollo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 13:13:23 Reply

Is it me or did Randy Orton come out to CM punk's theme song one time.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 13:39:52 Reply

At 9/13/06 01:13 PM, Apollo wrote: Is it me or did Randy Orton come out to CM punk's theme song one time.

They, they gave Randy Killswitch as a theme, but I guess it didn't suit him, and his current music is awesome enough.
Vince being the penny-scraper that he is, decided to use the music for CM instead. It suits him much more.

Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 17:30:05 Reply

I've noticed something about Kelly Kelly; She's Young, She's Hot, She's On T.V. Every Week and it's probably safe to say she's making a ton of money...THE BITCH IS LIVING MY DREAM!

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 17:34:41 Reply

At 9/13/06 05:30 PM, redface wrote: I've noticed something about Kelly Kelly; She's Young, She's Hot, She's On T.V. Every Week and it's probably safe to say she's making a ton of money...THE BITCH IS LIVING MY DREAM!

Young? That's what pisses me off she's a year younger than me and her only talent (which isn't a talent) is being beautiful, she's the Paris Hilton of the wrestling business..

LordKooler
LordKooler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 18:01:04 Reply

At 9/13/06 01:39 PM, Rhino wrote: They, they gave Randy Killswitch as a theme, but I guess it didn't suit him, and his current music is awesome enough.
Vince being the penny-scraper that he is, decided to use the music for CM instead. It suits him much more.

I think that Miseria Cantare by AFI was a better theme for CM Punk.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 18:10:26 Reply

At 9/13/06 06:01 PM, LordKooler wrote:
I think that Miseria Cantare by AFI was a better theme for CM Punk.

Finally, someone else who thinks the same thing. Because of Punk's matches in ROH I've been accostumed to hearing AFI or Living Colour in his entrance theme.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 20:20:04 Reply

CM Punk was using AFI on the house shows before he debuted. I'm entirely not sure why that was.

Ok, I have a spoiler for the TLC match Sunday for those who want to hear it, if you don't want to hear it, stop reading now and I'll catch you later when I do the report card:

*Spoiler*

Dave Scherer decided to do some checking, and as of this morning the plan is that John Cena will NOT be going to SD! no way, no how. That dosen't neccessarily mean he's going to win, he might still lose and they'll find a way to book keeping him on RAW (hell, Vince could just come out and say "yeah...I own everything and that's just not gonna happen"). We'll see if things change, but right now the message is once again being sent that SD! is inferior, and there's just no chance of moving John Cena off of the A show to the C show (You really have to consider ECW the B brand at this point given how hard of a push it gets and what the effort that goes into it now has been like).

*end spoiler*

Please do not discuss this information openly to those who'd like to be surprised by the PPV.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 20:28:14 Reply

At 9/13/06 08:20 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: CM Punk was using AFI on the house shows before he debuted. I'm entirely not sure why that was.

I guess there's a better of chance of the band finding that their songs are being used without permission by watching it on TC seeing as how house shows aren't often discussed... And where's your report card for ECW?

Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 20:57:15 Reply

At 9/13/06 05:34 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Young? That's what pisses me off she's a year younger than me and her only talent (which isn't a talent) is being beautiful, she's the Paris Hilton of the wrestling business..

Did you know that She Dates Test in Real Life! And I sure Maria Loved that little confrontation Punk had with Kelly (CM and Maria are dating as well)

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 01:56:39 Reply

At 9/13/06 08:28 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And where's your report card for ECW?

Tommorow, I had a morning shift today that wiped me out. I really hate when people go on vacation at my job, because we barely survive when everybody is there, but it gets shot to holy hell when someone takes off. So I promise I will have it tommorow when I've had some sleep and can focus my thoughts together better.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 11:21:28 Reply

I don't know if anyone here reads a Blog that JR does, if you don't you should read it, its a great mix of kayfabe and a shoot... like this.

What, wrestlers taking lie detector tests on TV? Stop it now, please, I am begging you! Wrestling shows that try and “out WWE” the WWE is like flatulence in the wind, it just blows away. A wrestling show that focuses primarily on the in ring product might be a novel concept for a budding WWE wannabe. No one is going to out “WWE” the WWE. I went through the exact same issue while I was at WCW in the late 80’s-early 90’s.

I wonder what company JR is talking about?

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 15:08:06 Reply

my guess would be the ever building complaint that we are getting more storyline driven stuff than we are getting in-ring action and other promotions namely TNA that are trying to minimalize story in favor of ring work. Just a guess.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature
Apollo
Apollo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 16:01:44 Reply

At 9/14/06 03:08 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: my guess would be the ever building complaint that we are getting more storyline driven stuff than we are getting in-ring action and other promotions namely TNA that are trying to minimalize story in favor of ring work. Just a guess.

That's why I guess TNA, hasn't fully taken off yet, you almost need some kind of story to keep people interested, if not, people won't really feel the need to tune in, because you're not really missing anything, except for the same type matches all the time.

BBS Signature
cornontheconn
cornontheconn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 16:39:05 Reply

I thought he was referring to TNA, because they had a lie-detector scene at some point.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 16:51:44 Reply

At 9/13/06 05:30 PM, redface wrote: I've noticed something about Kelly Kelly; She's Young, She's Hot, She's On T.V. Every Week and it's probably safe to say she's making a ton of money...THE BITCH IS LIVING MY DREAM!

If your profile does not lie, you are just a 15 years old teenager. lol, got turned on by hot young ladies? Anyway, after Unforgiven, Cena is going to SD! which needs star powers badly. Do not worry, though...I am pretty sure that your boy will leap straight to the title picture against Booker T.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 17:23:36 Reply

If Cena does lose, who should become the new top contender for the title? I'd like to see Kane win it before WM. He derserves a few months as champ.

I think the perfect way to end Kane's and Undertakes career would be to have them both be champion, and have a farwell match at Wrestlemania. Any thoughts?

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature