00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,504,555 Views | 29,908 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-08 19:16:23

Looks like Vince made a big change to the drug policy:

On Wednesday, Bryan Alvarez reported that there are changes happening with the WWE’s “Wellness” Policy (aka drug policy). Wrestlers who now fail tests (and receive suspensions such as 30-day, 60-day, etc.) will continue to appear on television, but they will be working for free during the time of their suspension. Furthermore, Several wrestlers on the RAW roster did, in fact, fail drug tests and will continue to be wrestling on the road without earning a salary.

If this policy sounds familiar, it should. It happened in the 1990s when McMahon had drug testing. From the mindset of a wrestling promoter, having wrestlers fail drug tests and be yanked from television/PPVs after being suspended wreaks havoc on trying to book long-term programs. For McMahon’s rationale, he can still claim publicly that wrestlers who fail drug tests are in fact suspended without pay, therefore claiming that the policy still has teeth. Given the lack of negative attention about McMahon’s “Wellness” policy in the general public, it’s doubtful that he will face any sort of negative repercussions at all by these new changes.

I think this is a pretty good plan, actually. It'll keep them from having to rewrite things so drastically in case a wrestler screws up.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-08 19:22:01

At 9/8/06 07:16 PM, cornontheconn wrote: I think this is a pretty good plan, actually. It'll keep them from having to rewrite things so drastically in case a wrestler screws up.

I think it's a good strategy. Because not only do they not get payed, they still have to go on the road and do their job, rather than getting the time off.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-08 20:06:08

Damn, Smackdown isn't on in my area, jsut some crappy show called Desire. This probably because UPN is merging with another channel. Anyone else having this problem.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-08 21:06:11

According to My Local listings, It will be on in my area Tomorrow at 8 on The WB.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-08 22:42:03

At 9/8/06 07:15 PM, redface wrote: Sorry for the little "outburst", I was just Tired of all the Joe worship.

No need to apologize. Samoa should not be worshiped, I'm just a guy trying to keep the BBS clean.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-09 00:09:16

I have to agree with Vince's reasoning here. He still makes them work as part of the punishment.

I like Samoa Joe. He has that badass attitude and has done some damn good matches.

I'll have to watch the tape of SD tomorrow morning. Stupid work....

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-09 00:55:38

I'll double check that Wellness Policy thing, since the boys at PWInsider (who are always right on the money) haven't made a peep about it, I'll let you all know what I find out.

Love Samoa Joe or not, he is over, and like Bill Goldberg before him, it is in the best interest of TNA to really push Joe as they can easily say he's "someone we made a national star" like WCW could say with Goldberg. I hated Goldberg personally, but I don't disagree with his push, it was what was best for WCW at the time, and they totally botched it, but so did Big Bill I'd say, in the long term. TNA looks like they're going to screw it up with the superior Samoa Joe before he even really gets started. TNA may think that some of their talent is "locked up" by the fact that Vince wouldn't use them any better, but if you think about it, if a guy isn't going to be used by TNA or WWE, at least with WWE he can make more money for doing practically nothing.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-09 05:10:35

At 9/7/06 10:40 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Let's put it this way, Angle was released for this own good.

Ah I see. I hope he can recover from all of this and get back into the ring somewhere down the road.

At 9/8/06 01:14 AM, LordKooler wrote: I'd like to see Joe kill Umaga after he kills Jarrett at No Surrender.

YES! I'm not the only one besides Red who thinks this. It would be an awesome match to see. I'd glady pay the price to view it.

At 9/8/06 07:37 AM, Ps3DuDe wrote: r u retarded? eugene has had more fucking fan support than u would if u were a wrestler!!!!!!!!! lots of people r his fans, u have 2 listen when he comesout, then he'll have a whole shitload of cheers. u need 2 observe

EUGENE IS A FUCKING HACK GET OVER IT

At 9/8/06 07:16 PM, cornontheconn wrote: Looks like Vince made a big change to the drug policy:

HAHA! That's awesome. Not only are they not getting paied for it but they have to continue being on the road. That's quite the thumb to the eye.

At 9/9/06 12:55 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Love Samoa Joe or not, he is over,

I'm afraid you might be right.

---

Did anyone catch the gist of what happened on SD! tonight?

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-09 23:44:11

New poll for CM Punk shirts...these are actually all pretty interesting:

http://poll.wwe.com/cmpunk/

For those who care, I voted for the one on the bottom left, love shirts with ECW logos on them, and I think that's a nice touch WWE should actually start doing with all their merchandise, to help further sell that each show is a seperate entity, but under a single corporate umbrella.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-09 23:45:54

At 9/9/06 11:44 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: New poll for CM Punk shirts...these are actually all pretty interesting:

http://poll.wwe.com/cmpunk

I votedf or that already, but I voted for the one on the bottom right.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 00:00:41

I liked the bottom left myself.

The Miz seems to know a few moves I'll give him that, but we still don't know what his finisher is, besides the rollup anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 02:00:48

At 9/9/06 06:11 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: The D-Lucks Smackdown Recap

Awesome!

5. Lashley vs. William Regal
Regal was scheduled to fight Vito again this week, but threatened Teddy Long with a sexual harrassment lawsuit if he faced him.

Ahhh, Regal doesn't like the tea baggin' he recived from Vito? XD That was the best though, fukin' hillarious!

Kennedy and Undertaker for No Mercy. Sounds good to me.

Boo, 'taker is going to win this one. :/

Well, that's the end of the first D-Lucks Smackdown Recap.

You did it well. :)

One last thing, I had no idea that Test was schitzophrenic... thanks for telling me P25!!! (/sarcasm)

HAHA! Awesome!

At 9/9/06 11:44 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: New poll for CM Punk shirts...these are actually all pretty interesting:

Yeah, the bottom left one looks the best.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 02:31:27

At 9/9/06 11:45 PM, pepeatumi wrote:

http://poll.wwe.com/cmpunk
I votedf or that already, but I voted for the one on the bottom right.

I also voted for the one on the bottom right.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 04:29:04

LordKooler's Friday Night SmackDown! review
1.Rey Mysterio vs Finlay
A great opener. After Finlay won, JBL came to the ring and talked to Rey about his recent personal issues. But at the end, Rey walked out of the ring.
2.Ken Kennedy vs Lawrence Tyler
Lawrence Tyler, A mainstay in the Arizona independent circuit, Wrestles Ken Kennedy on Smackdown, After Kennedy won, He called out Theodore Long and said that he wants to wrestle John Cena and go to RAW. But Theodore Long says that Kennedy hadn't beaten everyone on SmackDown, Long says that Kennedy will face the Undertaker at No Mercy. Will Kennedy defend the US Title against the Undertaker at No Mercy?
3.Paul London & Brian Kendrick & Ashley Massaro vs KC James & Idol Stevens & Michelle McCool
A good match. London, Kendrick, and Ashley won at the end.
4.William Regal vs Lashley
Vito did the guest commentary during this match and called William Regal his old WCW name "Steven Regal". Before the match, Regal grabbed the mic and talked about his match against Vito last week. I'm really sick of Vito's crossdressing gimmick. It's so stupid. Why is he undefeated anyway? I'd like to see this win Wrestling Observer's award for Worst Gimmick of 2006. Lashley won at the end.
5.Matt Hardy vs The Miz
The Miz is really annoying with those "Hoo-Rahs". The Miz won at the end when Gregory Helms attacked Hardy.
6.Chavo Guerrero vs Tatanka
Chavo Guerrero won at the end. When will Tatanka turn heel?
7.Batista vs King Booker
King Booker won with help from his royal knights William Regal & Finlay. Then after the match, Finlay gives Batista a brutal beatdown.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 09:59:44

Well, the first "real" match has been announced for this Monday's RAW.... and it doesn't involve a Mcmahon!

WWE.com has "learned" that a huge epic six-man tag match will take place this Monday night. John Cena, Carlito and Jeff Hardy will take on Edge, Randy Orton and Johnny Nitro. OF course, they have already announced that Triple H will take on Vince McMahon.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 10:53:14

That 6 man tag sounds like it will be a good one. HHH and Vince having a fued is not a new thing. Remember when they fuded because of Stephine?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 11:00:57

At 9/10/06 10:53 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: That 6 man tag sounds like it will be a good one. HHH and Vince having a fued is not a new thing. Remember when they fuded because of Stephine?

Yeah, that was the beginning of the Mcmahon-Helsley regime (or facgime as Edge and Christian used to call them).

I have a question for everyone here... Is Cena winning the title at Unforgiven a guarantee? I can see the man losing and going to Smackdown =, and I'll tell you why.

The CW Network debuts next Sunday (same day as Unforgiven) which means we won't get the first Smackdown in the CW Network until after Unforgiven. Lately, as some of you may have noticed Smackdown has become the third brand (with ECW and RAW ahead of them) now what better way to spark interest both in Smackdown and the new network, than with John Cena being the newest addition to the Smackdown roster.

SP that's why I think Cena might actually lose at Unforgiven, as for RAW, I guess they would just have to push someone else.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 11:46:34

regarding the shirts, I voted for top-right.

Regarding the TNA video game, I found this interesting interveiw on IGN.com featuring AJ Styles, who along with Samoa Joe, was asked to help the game along in its production. You can read it here.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 15:35:30

I tend to go by the rule of thumb in that nothing is a guarantee in wrestling.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 15:58:13

At 9/10/06 03:35 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I tend to go by the rule of thumb in that nothing is a guarantee in wrestling.

There is one.... No matter what the situation is, Hogan is never going to job.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-10 16:14:23

I have some news on Kurt Angle.

Weekly Pro is reporting that there could be a bidding war going on in Japan the next couple of months for the services of Kurt Angle. All-Japan is considered the leader for his services as he has friends already working there such as D-Lo Brown, Bull Buchanan, & TAKA Michinoku but NOAH also has a keen interest in Angle along with New Japan & HUSTLE. There is talk that NOAH may offer him a deal where he only works their big shows which could be a better deal for Kurt but we will see what happens over the next few weeks because this could get interesting.

If Kurt Angle were to go to Japan, What dream matches would you like to see? If he were to go to AJPW, I'd like to see him challenge Minoru Suzuki for the Triple Crown championship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 01:24:36

To be both factual, and fair. Kurt Angle has put out a LOT of feelers to different organizations, including shoot fighting organizations, in an attempt to get work. That is why WWE seemed to be changing their tune last week about Angle's release, and I expect that if Angle does attempt to go elsewhere, WWE will only work that much harder at damaging his image by spinning the story of his release more.

Angle really needs someone to get it through to him that he needs to take time off and heal, and recognize his body is not what it was. He probably won't listen, but if they really love him, it needs to be said. Kurt should also stay in pro wrestling if he does venture away from WWE, just because he's a former Olympic champ does not mean he wouldn't get destroyed in MMA.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 01:30:39

i love WWE did anyone see the smackdown ep. in person the last time they came to San Diego?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 06:35:12

I guess Kurt is the true definition of workaholic if he won't let his body heal.

over at wrestlecrap they inducted an angel with Raven in WCW. You can read it here

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 11:11:17

At 9/11/06 06:35 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I guess Kurt is the true definition of workaholic if he won't let his body heal.

over at wrestlecrap they inducted an angel with Raven in WCW. You can read it here

I still say that Scotty Flamingo is the worst thing that Raven has ever done... by far.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 13:54:56

maybe, but that was befoer he was Raven. This is when is is supposed to be dark and brooding.

Given what today is I think wwe will probably have some mention of the 9/11 attack, but lets just hope they keep it in good taste. Them reflecting on it is fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 14:30:36

At 9/11/06 01:54 PM, Outlaw88 wrote:

Given what today is I think wwe will probably have some mention of the 9/11 attack, but lets just hope they keep it in good taste. Them reflecting on it is fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

I don't think Mcmahon will do anything dumb, especially after the shots he took because of the IRwin comment just last week. if anything the WWE will make a video in memory of those who perished in 9/11 or a video to honor the troops.... Besides, its Madison Square Garden, Mcmahon won't screw things up there.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 15:46:23

At 9/11/06 01:54 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Given what today is I think wwe will probably have some mention of the 9/11 attack, but lets just hope they keep it in good taste. Them reflecting on it is fine as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Remember Stephanie McMahon's comments about 9/11 five years ago? That was in bad taste. It won the Wrestling Observer award for Most Disgusting Promotion tactic of 2001. I don't want to get flammed for this but, What would it be like if Muhammad Hassan were to return to WWE tonight? I want WWE to do a 9/11 tribute that's in good taste. But knowing WWE, It'll probably be in bad taste like the Eddiesploitation angle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 15:56:57

At 9/11/06 03:46 PM, LordKooler wrote:
Remember Stephanie McMahon's comments about 9/11 five years ago? That was in bad taste. It won the Wrestling Observer award for Most Disgusting Promotion tactic of 2001. I don't want to get flammed for this but, What would it be like if Muhammad Hassan were to return to WWE tonight? I want WWE to do a 9/11 tribute that's in good taste. But knowing WWE, It'll probably be in bad taste like the Eddiesploitation angle.

You won't get flamed... because we're talking about Vince mcmahon so everything's possible with that guy. As for what would happen if Hassan returned tonight? I'm pretty sure the crowd would just leave, or riot, or both.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-11 15:59:45

At 9/11/06 03:44 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Hulk Hogan's car has burst into flames. Luckily no serious injuries were sustained to Hogan or his family.

That was pretty much what he deserved for being a selfish jerk. I am still upset with both HBK and Orton jobbing to that bastard. Hopefully, he will not show up at the next Summer Slam.

BBS Signature