00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RPG club

719,053 Views | 21,492 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to RPG club 2010-02-18 16:05:39

At 2/18/10 03:24 AM, Peony wrote: (Signs the club roster indiscreetly)

Can anyone recommend some good RPGs these days?

Try Persona. That game is pretty epic.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-03-17 19:22:00

*one month later*

So I have FFXIII, I'd rather be playing Vesperia.

Don't get me wrong, FFXIII is decent, but man, this game makes me glad I'm a Tales fan.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-03-18 03:11:17

Been playing Mass Effect 2. It's great.

It improved on absolutely everything from the first game. Except for the story.

The character interactions are better, and I love the character loyalty quests. But the overall story seems a bit less focussed. A little like Empire Strikes back to Mass Effect 1's Star Wars.

Also, interesting note.

I'm playing a female Shepard. The only romance options available to me are:

The most boring man on the planet.
Someone who looks like what you'd get if Alien and Predator had a baby.
And some crazy fish person that looks like Abraham Sapien from Hellboy.

I chose the fish person. Specifically because he randomly lapses into James Elroy style monologues, and that's pretty damn awesome.

---

I've also been playing FFXIII. I'm about five hours into it, and I'm really enjoying it.

I can really understand why a person might not like it, but you have to go into it with the right mindset. You're definitely not going to get a Fallout 3 style open world adventure.

You have to understand that FFXIII is more like watching an anime series than any game ever before it. You also have to be able to marvel at some of the amazing vistas, and have that distract you from the incredibly linear exploration.

I miss town exploration, and talking to people, and I wouldn't like every game I play to be like this, but it's still a good game.

It helps that it has some of the best cutscenes I've seen in a game. It's not like MGS4 where the cutscenes are all exposition. It's action action action all the way. Like Cowboy Bebop to MGS4's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

And I'm loving the fast paced battle system.

It's not the direction that I'd like all future FFs to go. It would get boring if they kept trying to blur the line between game and anime. But as a single game, I really enjoy it.

Though I've still got a long way to go, and plenty of time to screw up.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-03-18 03:41:07

Can I join?

I like
Knights of the Old Republic 1
Kotor 2
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Mario Seven Stars

Response to RPG club 2010-03-31 02:32:03

At 2/17/10 04:58 PM, ikool wrote:
That would be me. Mario RPGs are what I'm here for.

So, the definitive question is: Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-04-07 02:20:33

At 3/31/10 02:32 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 2/17/10 04:58 PM, ikool wrote:
That would be me. Mario RPGs are what I'm here for.

From the given two, I would have to say Mario & Luigi. Paper Mario is an outstanding RPG, but the problem is that the game is much too easy compared to Mario & Luigi. The badge system can be abused so that hp and fp can kept at a minimum while still making Mario super buff. I ran through the entire game using nothing but attack boosters and a defense-piercing hammer. M&L has a much more interesting storyline with a much more in-depth battle system.

We can say, for their time each game is about equal.
But M&L is just newer, shinier, and better in our generation.

Out of all Mario RPGs, SMRPG is the best.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-05-06 20:38:05

I haven't been here in ages and I'm trying to figure out if anyone is still on here. Ah hell, and I'm still only Lv. 7. Boo.

Well hopefully my fishin catches some old friends ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-05-20 02:56:57

I just came into possession of a large number of RPGs.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (worst title ever)
Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
Muramasa if you can count it.

Paper Mario 2 is great. I'm really enjoying it.
Fragile Dreams feels like it could be good, but it's ruined by the addition of the constantly talking computer robot thing.
Muramasa is beautiful, and quite fun.
The others I haven't really played.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2010-05-22 21:53:10

At 5/20/10 02:56 AM, Aigis wrote: I just came into possession of a large number of RPGs.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Fantastic game, simple to play yet fun for hours and hours. It's got the classic Mario RPG humor and when it gets down to it it's surprisingly epic.

Super Paper Mario

I've only played bits, but it seemed solid

Tales of Symphonia

I know the series has a big following, but I've never been able to get into the Tales games. I don't know what it is they just don't jive with me well.

Baten Kaitos

Always wanted to get this one, as an RPG fan and Gamecube owner you think I would have jumped right on it when it came out, but I never did.

I also went on an RPG bender. I usually try to play as many as I can over the summer.

SMT: Strange Journey
Dragon Quest VIII
Valkyrie Profile 2
Xenosaga
Rogue Galaxy

First I've got to finish up Persona 4 before I start jumping into new games.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2011-10-15 21:39:19

Can I join?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-07-21 22:17:47

I Want to Join!!

Response to RPG club 2015-07-22 10:57:22 (edited 2015-07-22 10:58:03)

Can I join too? :-3 My favorite rpg series is Diablo(1 & 2), minus 3, because the game-play doesn't hold up too well. :-P 1 & 2 are time-less to me. 8-) Best mods for them, for those who want the best experience for them, from my own experience. D1(Beezlebub & the hell) & D2(Median xl), are great ones for each one respectively. B-)

Hosting a survival minecraft server. The address is "astral-craft.ddns.net". The client is spigot 1.16.4. B-)

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-07-22 12:50:59

Everybody can join this club. Feel free to share your love of RPG.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-07-22 13:20:51

At 7/22/15 01:09 PM, KingiOgh wrote:
At 7/22/15 12:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Everybody can join this club. Feel free to share your love of RPG.
Realy ? I am inexperienced on Clubs and Crews and all peoples speaking : "I want join" "I can join in this club ?" and I did it too

It is polite to ask if you can join, but usually all members are excepted. Stay Cool.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-07-23 22:24:17

I've heard people say that Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Xenogears are some of the darkest, most mature RPG plotlines ever. I agree with FFT, never finished TO as it felt boring to me.

I'm looking more seriously at Xenogears but I'm not totally sold on it yet. Can someone give me a basic rundown of it? Plotline and gameplay, since I'm a little tired of turn-based RPGs.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to RPG club 2015-07-24 00:21:56

At 3/31/10 02:32 AM, ZJ wrote:

I would definitely say Paper Mario, but only the first 2 games. Also, im totally biased cuz ive played none of the Mario&Luigi games, but dont worry, im starting on rectifying that: im currently playing the first one in the series, and im really liking it so far!

Also, still playing Xenoblade Chronicles. Really liking it, but I had to take a break from it, just cuz its longer than I expected it to be(which isnt a bad thing).

Response to RPG club 2015-07-27 21:48:50

At 7/26/15 01:16 AM, nick251 wrote: Is this group still going on? looks interesting to me so I think I'll give it a shot.

The group is still here. You are welcomed to join.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-07-28 10:32:45

At 7/28/15 12:13 AM, nick251 wrote: nice, are there any websites for this or just this club here?

This is the club. If you read all the pages you should learn some helpful things.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-07-30 17:12:58

At 7/28/15 05:09 PM, nick251 wrote: ok man, thanks.

You are welcome. Enjoy this club and stay cool.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-08-02 01:29:14

At 7/23/15 10:24 PM, Kwing wrote: I've heard people say that Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Xenogears are some of the darkest, most mature RPG plotlines ever. I agree with FFT, never finished TO as it felt boring to me.

You should always finish a game before you try to discuss it. Plot lines can be subjective. Some may find them dark and mature, but others may not. It all comes down to enjoyment, if you enjoy a game then you are doing it right.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-09-25 02:52:24

At 8/2/15 01:29 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/23/15 10:24 PM, Kwing wrote: I've heard people say that Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Xenogears are some of the darkest, most mature RPG plotlines ever. I agree with FFT, never finished TO as it felt boring to me.
You should always finish a game before you try to discuss it. Plot lines can be subjective. Some may find them dark and mature, but others may not. It all comes down to enjoyment, if you enjoy a game then you are doing it right.

FFT is still to this day my favorite game in that franchise, and yeah, I agree it's a bit dark. Very Hamlet in nature.

On another topic, anyone able to recommend an rpg on PS vita? I'm playing Ragnarok Odyssey right now and it's boring the life out of me. My next game has to be better. It can be just as dungeon crawlery, but I want something with a party, or even just leveling up. RO is too much like Monster Hunter, in that it doesn't have a leveling system just component scrounging. And please no Disgaea. I'll never climb back out of that hole, lol

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-09-25 04:40:05

At 9/25/15 02:52 AM, MasterStalker wrote: On another topic, anyone able to recommend an rpg on PS vita? I'm playing Ragnarok Odyssey right now and it's boring the life out of me. My next game has to be better. It can be just as dungeon crawlery, but I want something with a party, or even just leveling up. RO is too much like Monster Hunter, in that it doesn't have a leveling system just component scrounging. And please no Disgaea. I'll never climb back out of that hole, lol

I want to try Book of Memories but I don't have a Vita. Most critics just say that they don't like that it's not horror but it seems fine as an RPG. Try it and tell me if it's good.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to RPG club 2015-09-25 05:29:40

At 9/25/15 04:40 AM, Kwing wrote:
At 9/25/15 02:52 AM, MasterStalker wrote: On another topic, anyone able to recommend an rpg on PS vita? I'm playing Ragnarok Odyssey right now and it's boring the life out of me. My next game has to be better. It can be just as dungeon crawlery, but I want something with a party, or even just leveling up. RO is too much like Monster Hunter, in that it doesn't have a leveling system just component scrounging. And please no Disgaea. I'll never climb back out of that hole, lol
I want to try Book of Memories but I don't have a Vita. Most critics just say that they don't like that it's not horror but it seems fine as an RPG. Try it and tell me if it's good.

I'll definitely look it up. I was going to go with Soul Sacrifice, but I'm fairly confidant that it's the same team that made the Ragnarok games so I'm immediately skeptical about the fun factor. It's pretty effed up that I got more fun out of Sly Cooper 4 and Lego Batman 2 than a rpg/hack 'n slash. Those aren't even remotely in my wheelhouse.

Just did a quick search on Book of Memories. Didn't consider it an rpg per se, but I might give it a go. The only other Silent Hill game I think I played was Origins on the psp and I didn't get too far before losing interest.

I was also considering Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment because how do you screw up a game based on a show, based on a MMORPG (besides it not actually being an MMORPG). I dont trust the reviews because that show has a pretty die hard fan base. Like how FF7 does. I still get reactions like it's heresy to not even have FF7 in my top 3 for that franchise.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2015-09-25 05:36:57

Actually, I might give SAO a shot based on this "hands on" vid. I skipped around a lot but it seems way better than what I was expecting

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2016-03-12 09:47:31

At 4/14/03 01:06 AM, OMGFossil wrote: This club is like DQ. DQ club acts like an RPG. This club is like it too. This club is for people who like RPGs. If ya want to join, just holler. Oh yah, my email account is down for now so don't email me and I can't email you. Only either Rm2k or just RPG talk is allowed here.

Where do I sign? I am in!

Wanna hear a joke? You... there it is! :D

Response to RPG club 2016-03-12 15:09:15

At 9/25/15 05:36 AM, MasterStalker wrote: Actually, I might give SAO a shot based on this "hands on" vid. I skipped around a lot but it seems way better than what I was expecting

That could be interesting. Let us know how it goes.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2016-05-13 15:24:55

At 4/14/03 01:06 AM, OMGFossil wrote: This club is like DQ. DQ club acts like an RPG. This club is like it too. This club is for people who like RPGs. If ya want to join, just holler. Oh yah, my email account is down for now so don't email me and I can't email you. Only either Rm2k or just RPG talk is allowed here.

Definitely joining, yay. c:

ハートブレイクの戦士

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2016-06-23 21:30:45

What are the top 5 RPG Games Yourve PLayed on YOur Phone

Response to RPG club 2016-07-05 11:00:28

i wanna join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to RPG club 2016-08-05 23:39:54

Ah yes brave frontier is definitely good. I remember i had the legendary phoenix that recovers health. Had it on my phone but too much memory lol
Unison League looks almost like brave frontier. Looks interesting with more upgrades and moves. Will try it out.
Pokemon Gold and Silver will always be a classic. Definately would be nice to find my silver so we can battle but I have Silver somewhere lost in the world lol
Ill Probably pass on knights and squires. Looks interesting but too much tapping.
Ive Personally always liked Final Fantasy but never got to played the game. I will definately get it because it reminds me of Fire Emblem.
Have you tried kingdom rush, I highly recommend it if you like tower defence strategies.
I think I did play Chain Chronicles but deleted it right away. It was too pixelated for this current technology available.

At 8/4/16 03:00 PM, 1DarkVoid wrote:
At 6/23/16 09:30 PM, calicrazedbeats wrote: What are the top 5 RPG Games Yourve PLayed on YOur Phone
Well since you insist, I probably have some good and bad on my list but it's based on my opinion of what's my favorite on my list. I may find some recommendations from this thread.

1. Brave Frontier - been playing this game since 2013 and still ongoing strong. Love the blend of anime and cartoon style plus it's packed with contents. It gets bland and repetitive soon enough but you can add me if your interested. I recommended having a device that has more memory.

2. Unison League - Simple action turn-based RPG that has the option to customize your avatar with lots of gears and the game is user-friendly as it gives away Gems doing Quests and logging on daily so that you can catch up with the community.

3. Pokemon Gold - Simply a downsized game fit into a rom for my smartphone already owning the physical copy but the internal battery is done for. I love it so far with the replays to challenge myself with restrictions.

4. Knights N Squires - A Run and Tap RPG-based game that is fun to try if you love tapping. I sort of love the game play but it gets tiring after awhile and the currency are expensive when you start the game. Grinding is written all over this game but I do intend to log on daily to get diamonds to get better heroes.

5. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - A Final Fantasy-themed game that is similar to Brave Frontier but has different unique take with it's game. The game was released last month so far I haven't got enough information for now since I barely started last week.

Chain Chronicles was pretty awesome also in my honorable mentions with a Fire Emblem game style. Sadly, the game had a rough run for a year until the Global servers were shut down for good. All thanks to GUMI inc.

That's it on my list of Mobile RPG games on my list.