00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the slackers crew

239,979 Views | 7,189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-25 22:08:11

At 9/25/05 04:16 PM, Painbringer wrote: That all depends on the audience it is created for - If it's a kids' cartoon, then realism dosen't matter because all they want is something exciting and funny. But if it's one of those serious adult cartoons, then a lot of thought has to go into the story and the characters because that's what makes it so interesting.

the show is pretty inteligent, and at the same time still childish..i think its a way to bring back people who grew up on the old school nick shows people from about teens to twenties...i mean, the main character is a preteen kid who's dealing with all these powers he possesses, but the other two main characters are a brother and sister who are teenagers, and a late teen banashed prince who's got a pretty adult style story line behind his past and taht. i for one like the show. it also follows a story line which carries over through all episodes, like, each one is a continuation of the last one, so you need to retain information and stuff to be completely caught up, though you dont really have to if your in it for the funny and action

As if Captain Planet wasn't good enough.

fuck yeah, capt, planet rocks!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-26 01:23:44

At 9/25/05 04:16 PM, Painbringer wrote: That all depends on the audience it is created for - If it's a kids' cartoon, then realism dosen't matter because all they want is something exciting and funny. But if it's one of those serious adult cartoons, then a lot of thought has to go into the story and the characters because that's what makes it so interesting.

Yes, true that.
Last night my mate linked me to the first episode of this upcoming cartoon series... it was so fucking excellent. Like, like, like *explodes*
i'll look for the link now...
Here yer go:
http://www.heavy.com/viral/drawnTogether/

That, is some fine entertainment.
The next episodes seem promising XD

As if Captain Planet wasn't good enough.

Fuck.
I stand corrected.

Yeah, those gay pimps can be really hard on young boys.

Lol, someone else saw Deuce Bigalow in Europe aswell, I see :P

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-26 14:23:40

drawn together is a really funny show. they already played the whole series here in the UK, i think in america too. the whole big brother meets cartoon shit works well, and the stories are just insane, lol.

WUNDERSHOWZEN was cool too, getting kids to do lots of offensive shit.

i am feeling unintellectual, rofl.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-26 21:56:55

At 9/26/05 02:23 PM, Ratchety wrote: i am feeling unintellectual, rofl.

lolol.
Well last night they aired the second episode here, it was pretty damn funny XD haha. Definately a show that I'll be looking out for more often.

ALLISON, guess what?
My girlfriend was listening to Breaking Benjamin last night, and she told me to download some. And I'm like, oh, well I guess I'd better, since you're the second person now to tell me to get some of their shit.

17 songs later, I'm fucking enjoying it. Excellent stuff haha, thanks for telling me about them in the first place :)

I'm still on holidays for another 6 days, and tomorrow is the NG Melbourne meetup, so i get to meet around 8 other dudes from my city, and we're gonna go to Dark Zone (one of those lazer shooting games in the dark), etc etc.
It's going to be great since i've only met 1 person from the internet before - alkador, he's dropped by here once or twice.

And right now, everything is going swell for me. Living it up, most certainly :D
Talk to you guys soon.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-27 00:05:23

At 9/26/05 09:56 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: ALLISON, guess what?
My girlfriend was listening to Breaking Benjamin last night, and she told me to download some. And I'm like, oh, well I guess I'd better, since you're the second person now to tell me to get some of their shit.

She's a keeper.

17 songs later, I'm fucking enjoying it. Excellent stuff haha, thanks for telling me about them in the first place :)

Dude, I know what the fuck, I'm talking about.

Awesome stuff, eh?
i told you so.
I need to prod you in the eye with a rusty spoon..

Pfft, you need ALL of their songs. if you dont' have Follow, So Cold, Break My Fall, Water, SHALLOW BAY!, No Games and Home.... yeah, you're a loser and you need them.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-27 01:46:21

At 9/25/05 10:08 PM, MALforPresident wrote: it also follows a story line which carries over through all episodes, like, each one is a continuation of the last one, so you need to retain information and stuff to be completely caught up, though you dont really have to if your in it for the funny and action

You know, the Inuyasha series goes in order as well. But I don't recommend the mainstream English version because they seemed to have censored out Miroku's butt fetish, and have made the gay ghost into a woman.

fuck yeah, capt, planet rocks!

Those were the days.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-27 01:50:57

At 9/27/05 01:46 AM, DonBush wrote: Those were the days.

Fuck, wrong account!

I was getting his points before checking out the forums. I swear.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-27 01:56:39

At 9/26/05 01:23 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: http://www.heavy.com/viral/drawnTogether/

Now I have heard of the series, but am too lazy to download Quicktime on my slow home computer.

Fuck.
I stand corrected.

Pwn.

Lol, someone else saw Deuce Bigalow in Europe aswell, I see :P

I haven't seen the second one yet, to be honest.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-27 03:05:54

At 9/27/05 12:05 AM, GanonsTriforce wrote: She's a keeper.

Unknow phrase to me, what does that mean?

Dude, I know what the fuck, I'm talking about.

Hell yesh. they're not too hardcore, and they're not try-hard pussies either, it's good good.

Awesome stuff, eh?
i told you so.
I need to prod you in the eye with a rusty spoon..

XD But i have conjunctivitis....

SYCH!
rofl.
hi.
k.
bye.

Pfft, you need ALL of their songs. if you dont' have Follow, So Cold, Break My Fall, Water, SHALLOW BAY!, No Games and Home.... yeah, you're a loser and you need them.

I have the first 3...
plus many other goodies :D
I'll go get water and shallow bay now.
and.... no games... lol, i have home though.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-27 03:07:06

At 9/27/05 01:56 AM, Painbringer wrote: Now I have heard of the series, but am too lazy to download Quicktime on my slow home computer.

Fair enough. It's worth it though :P

Pwn.

age.

I haven't seen the second one yet, to be honest.

Oh god damnit.... so you came up with that one on your own eh?
well, at the end *****SPOILER ALERT***** the actual pimp goes over to gayness, and gets gay man whores instead.

so, yeh.

:P

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-28 01:41:37

At 9/27/05 03:07 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Fair enough. It's worth it though :P

Or is it...

age.

Age has a lot to do with it.

Oh god damnit.... so you came up with that one on your own eh?

Damn right I did.

well, at the end *****SPOILER ALERT***** the actual pimp goes over to gayness, and gets gay man whores instead.

He took the quick path.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-28 03:28:19

At 9/28/05 01:41 AM, Painbringer wrote: Or is it...

Yes. ^_^ It's tres funny.

Age has a lot to do with it.

I meant 'pwnage' :P

Damn right I did.

*explodes*

He took the quick path.

Well he got called gay in all the newspapers throughout the movie, so he eventually gave in to everyone else's views about him :P

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-28 15:01:08

Hey marcus, Breaking Benjamin has been sued
Heh

::Deep breath::

So yeah, Jeremy Hummel, the drummer left the band on paternity leave (he's temporarily gone, but he will be back, yay!) and the rest of the band including the manager are not giving him his fair share of the profits. He pretty much created songs like Polyamorous, Blow Me Away, etc and Ben's living it up - that sexy beast.
So yeah, he sued, everyone's pissed, I laugh, Ben deserves it because he's an egotistical BASTARDDDDDD

Okay, that's the jist of it.

To call Mal...or not to call Mal.. that is the question

OH
I'm fucking STEAMING PISSED OFF
So yeah, I had my senior pictures taken the other day at Sears and we spent like, $200USD on them and guess what. My school won't put my picture into the yearbook unless I get my pictures taken at a certain studio. I'm like, "Chickawah?! When the fuck was this memo going to come to me?!" so yeah, my mom's going to bitch.

okay, that's all.
My fingertips hurt. O_o;;;
And it's raining, so I'm going to go do whatever.

Oh and I think my house is haunted.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-28 20:05:35

At 9/28/05 03:28 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Yes. ^_^ It's tres funny.

K.

I meant 'pwnage' :P

Duh.

*explodes*

Eww.

Well he got called gay in all the newspapers throughout the movie, so he eventually gave in to everyone else's views about him :P

I suppose people like that give in when they know it's true, and can't deny it anymore because most everyone has accepted it.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-28 20:13:09

At 9/28/05 03:01 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: Ben deserves it because he's an egotistical BASTARDDDDDD

My my, I never seen you talk so much shit about Biteme before.
;-)

My school won't put my picture into the yearbook unless I get my pictures taken at a certain studio.

That's sponsorship for ya.

I didn't know you were diabetic.

Run naked outside.

Oooookay.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-29 03:01:54

At 9/28/05 03:01 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: Hey marcus, Breaking Benjamin has been sued
Heh

CHIKAWHA?
rofl.

Deep breath::

*stares in anticiapation*

So yeah, Jeremy Hummel, the drummer left the band on paternity leave (he's temporarily gone, but he will be back, yay!) and the rest of the band including the manager are not giving him his fair share of the profits. He pretty much created songs like Polyamorous, Blow Me Away, etc and Ben's living it up - that sexy beast.

Lolol sounds like the drummer's getting shat on for being on the most awesome instrument in whole band :P

So yeah, he sued, everyone's pissed, I laugh, Ben deserves it because he's an egotistical BASTARDDDDDD

XD rofl la mayo.
Biteme sure will be pissed :P (nice one Konny haha)

Okay, that's the jist of it.

sweetness :P

To call Mal...or not to call Mal.. that is the question

call me instead and waste 30 times as much money :D

OH
I'm fucking STEAMING PISSED OFF
So yeah, I had my senior pictures taken the other day at Sears and we spent like, $200USD on them and guess what. My school won't put my picture into the yearbook unless I get my pictures taken at a certain studio. I'm like, "Chickawah?! When the fuck was this memo going to come to me?!" so yeah, my mom's going to bitch.

ROFL. JOO GOT PWND RIGHT THURR...
Sounds pretty gay though, did everyone else you know know about this little memo that you didn't get?? :P

okay, that's all.

XD It's starting to get warmer here! WOOP WOOP WOOP.

Nice :D

Well, what have I been doing??
I've seen my girlfriend 4 out of the past 5 days, because yesterday was the Melbourne NG Meetup!!!
I went to box hill to play DarkZone (one of those laser games where u run around shooting everyone) with Alkador, Sharagoneal, Jemry, Ralph_Wiggum_Says and nightmare333, 'twas quite teh awesome.

Here's the thread, we took a few awesome pics that make us looks reallllly cool *cheesy smile*.

Yeeee-ya. I go back to school in... 4 days lol.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-29 18:47:52

At 9/28/05 08:13 PM, Painbringer wrote:
I didn't know you were diabetic.

I'm not...
My fingertips were dry and sore.

Mal's not feeling well
And I'm worried about him.
heh, I'm worried about myself...
I haven't been eating much.
I'll eat lunch at school.. have a snack when I get home, and then I won't eat much of anything for the rest of the night.

And then when I wake up in the morning, I don't have time for food.

what is wrong with me?
I'm also getting these sharp pains in my abdomen.
near my stomach.
it hurts.

anyway, I'm done.
I feel... screwy

Okay,
That's all!

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-29 21:08:43

At 9/29/05 06:47 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I'm not...
My fingertips were dry and sore.

my fingers start to shake lately.. :)

Mal's not feeling well
And I'm worried about him.

okay...so i slept from like 6pm till 9am....and then was way out of it...and felt high all day...and started shaking at lunch and havnt stopped much....and am just all weirded out...i'm fine!

heh, I'm worried about myself...
I haven't been eating much.
I'll eat lunch at school.. have a snack when I get home, and then I won't eat much of anything for the rest of the night.

sounds like me when nobody is home to feed me.

And then when I wake up in the morning, I don't have time for food.

i dont think i've ever eaten breakfast

what is wrong with me?
I'm also getting these sharp pains in my abdomen.

those pains are called HUNGER!

near my stomach.

it's your stomach's way of saying 'STOP STARVING ME BITCH, I NEED FOOD SO YOU CAN FUNCTION!"

it hurts.

yeah...stomaches are bitches

anyway, I'm done.
I feel... screwy

screwy..as in you'd like to screw......*drives down to florida*

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-30 00:39:59

At 9/29/05 09:08 PM, MALforPresident wrote:
At 9/29/05 06:47 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: it hurts.

That's shithouse.

yeah...stomaches are bitches

No shit dude, my girlfriend has been having stomach pains since June or something. They thought it was an ulsar for ages, but recently got a test and found it wasn't one at all... so she's having an ultrasoundin like... 45 minutes. Man I hope it's nothing serious, she's been on med's for ages now.

So, Allison is hungry and in pain, and Malachy is tired, hyper and straight up out of it.

I've been feeling really good lately!!!!!

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-30 16:13:12

At 9/30/05 12:39 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: No shit dude, my girlfriend has been having stomach pains since June or something. They thought it was an ulsar for ages, but recently got a test and found it wasn't one at all... so she's having an ultrasoundin like... 45 minutes. Man I hope it's nothing serious, she's been on med's for ages now.

Eeep. I hope she's okay. I always have sharp pains in my body. sigh.

So, Allison is hungry and in pain, and Malachy is tired, hyper and straight up out of it.

I'm not hungry.

I've been feeling really good lately!!!!!

Aren't we special.
I need real friends, people

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-30 17:01:55

At 9/30/05 12:39 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: I've been feeling really good lately!!!!!

i second that! coming out of illness amkes me really happy/hyper, so i either get on peoples nerves a whole lot or my friends dont stop laughing. either way, i'm happy.

and making a date with my girlfriend always cheers me up.

:D :D

oh, and err. i'm sorry life sucks for you guys :(

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-30 20:48:02

At 9/30/05 04:13 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: Eeep. I hope she's okay. I always have sharp pains in my body. sigh.

:D
Yeh, turned out that everything was actually fine, and it's all clear, so I don;t know what the bitch is complaining about :P hahaha. I think it's due to the fact that she doesn't really eat anything. I'm amazed she doesn't look more like Kate Moss, or one of those poor African kids.
So, I guess she'll be getting off the med's, and, yeh, everything is peachy :D

I'm not hungry.

XD Apparantly, your stomach is trying tell you that :P

Aren't we special.

I need real friends, people

Yeah, I totally know how you feel. Last year and well... for a good 4-5 months of this year I was the same. But, thing was, I was so addicted to the interner that it did't bother me one bit, that's how bad it was >: (
But, I've found myself a proper group of friends for the first time in like... two years, so I'm really happy.
My advice: Don't try to stick to the people you think you should be friends with - most of the time this isn't the case. Just.... umm, don't stress about it, would be my advice again.

I think I've got like 25 Breaking Benjamin songs. Thanks Allison, this shit kicks ass.

Response to the slackers crew 2005-09-30 20:54:32

At 9/30/05 05:01 PM, Ratchety wrote: i second that! coming out of illness amkes me really happy/hyper, so i either get on peoples nerves a whole lot or my friends dont stop laughing. either way, i'm happy.

Hahaha. That's good to hear. I was unhealthy for a month or two a bit earlier in the year, when it really started to get cold and miserable down here (the weather here doesn't get as cold as it does in the US, but it's just really shitty and miserable weather).
I was walking around at school all day in windy, 14 degree conditions in my thin school shirt, and that was it.
So yeh, I got fucked up, which was really annoying for me because I'm normally in excellent health all year round - could of had something to do with the fact that I was never keeping warm, not getting enough sleep and not eating well enough. Lol. Pwnd.

and making a date with my girlfriend always cheers me up.

Yeh, dude, no shit :D
I saw my girlfriend on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and I love her lawts ^_^.... But as of yet we actually haven't been 'out' together! I'm starting to feel like a bit of an ass, even though she doesn't really care. I'm like "ok, I'm taking you out somewhere tomorrow... where do you want to go?".... "I don't care at all, I've got no money."
So what ends up happening? We just sit round at each other's house, hahaha.
Oh well, those outings have their plus sides aswell :D

oh, and err. i'm sorry life sucks for you guys :(

Yeah, 'tis crappy.
Oh, I was just thinking that it would be all cool and everything because Summer's coming around..... SNAPPLES not for joo guys. Man, it's just starting to get nicer here on a daily basis. Before it was one nice day every week or so.... now three out of four days are 20+ with sun, and not many clouds.

Blergh, school in two days. I don't want to go back to the work, but I want to go back to all the people.
And yeh, school means no more posting for Marcus. I'll actually try to make an effort to get back in here once in a while, but I mean, I just tend to get totally sick of the BBS.... and posting, and, meh.
I'll try though.
Oh well, ^_^

Laters, all :)

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-01 13:54:06

At 9/30/05 08:48 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
I think I've got like 25 Breaking Benjamin songs. Thanks Allison, this shit kicks ass.

I'm glad she's all right.

And what the hell did I tell you? I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO. :)
Breaking Benjamin is the shizzat.

Last night I was on the phone with Mal and I started to fall asleep. My brain kept tricking me into thinking that I was saying something to Mal and then Mal would be like, "hello?" and I'm all "shit, I'm sorry!"
I didn't even go online after I got off the phone. I went to sleep, lol. I was so tired.

Well..
Yeah.
Okay, I don't have much else to say.
<3

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-01 15:01:45

At 10/1/05 01:54 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: My brain kept tricking me into thinking that I was saying something to Mal and then Mal would be like, "hello?" and I'm all "shit, I'm sorry!"

Did the Mal-of-your-dreams say anything back to you before the real Mal woke you up?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-01 18:15:05

At 10/1/05 03:01 PM, Painbringer wrote: Did the Mal-of-your-dreams say anything back to you before the real Mal woke you up?

there's contempt in there somewhere, i know it.. i just can't find it! think batman, THINK! >.<

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-01 19:31:13

At 10/1/05 01:54 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I'm glad she's all right.

Yeh same ^_^
YAYZOR.
School tomorrow, so I can see her alllll day :D

And what the hell did I tell you? I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO. :)
Breaking Benjamin is the shizzat.

*applause*
Joo........ joo rox my sox!!

Last night I was on the phone with Mal and I started to fall asleep. My brain kept tricking me into thinking that I was saying something to Mal and then Mal would be like, "hello?" and I'm all "shit, I'm sorry!"
I didn't even go online after I got off the phone. I went to sleep, lol. I was so tired.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Sounds like my phone conversations when I'm fully awake :P I'm not very good on the phone.. I'm a visual-kinesthetic. So if I'm talking to someone, I need to be looking at them, and most often in the middle of some sort of physical activity (so whenever I'm on the phone I'm kicking a ball around or something).

Well..
Yeah.
Okay, I don't have much else to say.

^_^

<3

LUFFF!!!!

ZOMFG.
my gf thinks that 'S2' or 's2' is a far better replacement for '<3'
and im like, 'NO BITCH! LESS THAN THREE OWNS ESS TWO!!!'
and yeh, it's really hommus-sexual because her and a few of the people at my school heard about 'S2' before <3, so they think it's better and cooler and all.
So I need to go out and by myself a pimp stick, and wack them all with it tres, tres hard.
>: (

lawl!

Ratchety, thanks for the comic relief :) haha.

WOOP WOOP WOOP 9:30am...
man, there's no way I'm going to be functioning properly tomorrow morning if I manage to get up at 8 o'clock for school....

Fuck.

Bye!

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-02 00:40:11

hey all. sorry for being gone, but as allison mentioned we talked on the phone and i too went to sleep right after i hung up...

well, kind of, i layed awake and threw my pillows around and thrashed some, then eventually passed out...i should take my pills more often. ^_^

i just watched "the constant gardener" with Devon tonight. it wasnt as bad as i was expecting. in fact it was pretty good. i'm sure ben will chime in eventually with a rant or a rant saying "go read my even longer rant in the MVA topic"

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-02 02:03:55

At 10/2/05 12:40 AM, MALforPresident wrote: hey all. sorry for being gone, but as allison mentioned we talked on the phone and i too went to sleep right after i hung up...

Hah, my mum's about to finish her thesis on sleep patterns of adolescents for her doctorate of psychology at uni.
XD

well, kind of, i layed awake and threw my pillows around and thrashed some, then eventually passed out...i should take my pills more often. ^_^

rofl.
what's wrong with you?

i just watched "the constant gardener" with Devon tonight. it wasnt as bad as i was expecting. in fact it was pretty good. i'm sure ben will chime in eventually with a rant or a rant saying "go read my even longer rant in the MVA topic"

lololol.
Yeh, it's been way too long since Ben dropped in, and this place has sort of been more active as of late - that will surely change once I go back to school tomorrow ;P

Today, I got up, emtpied out a third of my 'crap' cupboard, man there's a lot of shit in there...
and then I played tennis for a couple of hours. Just got back around twenty minutes ago.

^_^

Response to the slackers crew 2005-10-02 02:41:30

At 10/1/05 06:15 PM, Ratchety wrote: there's contempt in there somewhere, i know it.. i just can't find it! think batman, THINK! >.<

Call me a n00b, but what the fuck does contempt mean anyway?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature