00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club

40,663 Views | 391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-08-06 19:33:55

At 8/6/08 02:10 PM, MadCow wrote: good song, ok vid.

It's nothing amazing by any chance, but it's still really good. In my opinion, Shut Me Up has the best music video.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-08-22 12:02:15

At 8/21/08 09:07 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: This sounds more like your weight balance has been messed up.

It's not my record player, both copies of the album skip on the same spots. It has to be a factory error, otherwise they wouldn't skip so similarly. Besides, my other records work perfectly fine.

Anywhoo, the new vid is fun, which is onde of the things we all know and love about MSI. Not too keen on the whole police being seen as baddies, but I don't take MSI or their views very seriously.

It's ironic that they would show the cops being bad, seeing that they've only been in trouble with them once. This isn't the first time they made cops look bad, remember Jimmy being beaten up by a cop in the Straight to Video music video? But like you said, it's not ment to be taken seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-08-25 12:39:48

Saw MSI for the second time yesterday, at Reading festival :D
They got bumped really far up the bill though, and didn't go down at all well with the crowd. I thought their set was good though, so I'm guessing that it was all the Avenged Sevenfold fans pissed off that they pulled out.
Still, I had a pretty clear view of Lyn-Z for most of the set, so I was happy.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-08-25 13:17:32

At 8/25/08 12:39 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Saw MSI for the second time yesterday, at Reading festival :D

Lucky bastard, I still havn't seen them, I want to go so fucking badly. Unfortunatly when ever they come near me, they go to Detroit. My parents wont let me go across the boarder by myself, so I can't go see them. It's so fucking annoying, they're so close, yet so far.

They got bumped really far up the bill though, and didn't go down at all well with the crowd. I thought their set was good though, so I'm guessing that it was all the Avenged Sevenfold fans pissed off that they pulled out.

Pissed off crouds result in better shows, seeing that Jimmy will take the opprotunity to fuck around with them. Did any of the band members do anything to take the piss out of the croud?

Still, I had a pretty clear view of Lyn-Z for most of the set, so I was happy.

Did you get a chance to see them after the show? I would love to meet them, they seem like they would be really cool in person. I've seen a lot of interviews of them, they seem to think similarly to me when it comes to the music industry.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-08-25 13:29:50

At 8/25/08 01:17 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Lucky bastard, I still havn't seen them, I want to go so fucking badly. Unfortunatly when ever they come near me, they go to Detroit. My parents wont let me go across the boarder by myself, so I can't go see them. It's so fucking annoying, they're so close, yet so far.

Ever tried to convince your parents to go to an MSI concert with you? :D

Pissed off crouds result in better shows, seeing that Jimmy will take the opprotunity to fuck around with them. Did any of the band members do anything to take the piss out of the croud?

Jimmy tried to fuck around with the crowd, but it really didn't get a reaction. They didn't get booed, you just had a few people telling them to fuck off. And then a few die hard crazy fans shouting back.
But Jimmy went off the stage onto the grass, rubbed mud on his face and said he was like all of us who hadn't showered in 4 days, and said the festival needed more typical English rain.

Did you get a chance to see them after the show? I would love to meet them, they seem like they would be really cool in person. I've seen a lot of interviews of them, they seem to think similarly to me when it comes to the music industry.

You know, I didn't even think to check if they were going to be at the signing tent >_<
Saying that, though, I think I'd freeze up if I met them. What do you say to MSI, anyway? They don't seem like the kind of band that appreciate being idolised.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-08-25 13:40:53

At 8/25/08 01:29 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Ever tried to convince your parents to go to an MSI concert with you? :D

Yeah, because it's so cool to go to a concert with your parents.

What do you say to MSI, anyway? They don't seem like the kind of band that appreciate being idolised.

I don't think I would really talk to them, I would probably just ask for an autograph. As much as I love the band, I don't think I would be able to talk to them. They would probably just be annoyed if I went on about how much I loved their music and how I relate to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-01 12:33:17

Hi, may I join? I've been listening to msi for about a year now. It's kind of funny because my sister just got into them because her friend listened to them, and when I showed her faggot she was like wtf. Now I am like wtf because she listens to that fucking song almost every damn day.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-01 13:08:16

At 9/1/08 12:33 PM, Gein wrote: Hi, may I join?

Sure, we need more members. Try to post frequently, we really need help keeping this club alive.

Now I am like wtf because she listens to that fucking song almost every damn day.

That's definatly one of their more popular songs, along with Never Wanted to Dance and Shut Me Up.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-01 15:14:19

Haven't posted in a while, sorry about that.
I just met this girl who used to have nearly ever MSI CD, which is odd because I didn't know anybody listened to them near me.
Except she doesnt remember Kill The Rock, which IS the best MSI song, amirite?

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-02 17:22:37

At 9/1/08 03:14 PM, Abyssus wrote: I just met this girl who used to have nearly ever MSI CD, which is odd because I didn't know anybody listened to them near me.

What did she do with them? I sure hope she didn't sell them, MSI CD's are worth more than their weight in gold!

Except she doesnt remember Kill The Rock, which IS the best MSI song, amirite?

It's not the best, but it's still damn good.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-02 18:47:21

At 9/1/08 01:08 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:

That's definatly one of their more popular songs, along with Never Wanted to Dance and Shut Me Up.

Yeah, so is bitches. I sang j today in school in front of a teacher and she was confused about what I was saying. Good thing lol

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-02 21:37:59

At 9/2/08 06:47 PM, Gein wrote: Yeah, so is bitches. I sang j today in school in front of a teacher and she was confused about what I was saying. Good thing lol

Today was my first day of school, so we did the usual "tell us about yourself" today. I told the class that my favourite band was Mindless Self Indulgence and nobody knew who they were.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-06 09:43:00

At 9/2/08 05:22 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: What did she do with them? I sure hope she didn't sell them, MSI CD's are worth more than their weight in gold!

I've never asked her, I think they where all downloaded and she never backed up her computer or something and one day it stuffed itself.

It's not the best, but it's still damn good.

It's the third one I heard next to straight to video and Stupid MF, so it's special.

At 9/2/08 09:37 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 9/2/08 06:47 PM, Gein wrote: Yeah, so is bitches. I sang j today in school in front of a teacher and she was confused about what I was saying. Good thing lol

Haha, why?

Today was my first day of school, so we did the usual "tell us about yourself" today. I told the class that my favourite band was Mindless Self Indulgence and nobody knew who they were.

I hate that, but people in my school actually know more about them now. Like in Form Period someone next to me started singing never wanted to dance and I was like WTF.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-06 11:17:49

At 9/6/08 09:43 AM, Abyssus wrote: It's the third one I heard next to straight to video and Stupid MF, so it's special.

My first MSI song was Harry Truman, followed by Stupid MF then Shut Me Up.

I hate that, but people in my school actually know more about them now. Like in Form Period someone next to me started singing never wanted to dance and I was like WTF.

There are a few people at my school who know about them, but I think they only like a few songs. I actually know someone who owns Tight, but he didn't even relise it was worth a lot untill I told him it was.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-06 11:56:45

At 9/6/08 09:43 AM, Abyssus wrote:

At 9/2/08 09:37 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
Haha, why?

She asked me if I said big long john, and I said no. And then I kept singing.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-06 11:59:47

At 9/6/08 11:56 AM, Gein wrote:?

She asked me if I said big long john, and I said no. And then I kept singing.

We wright it in pink, with the walls and the bike and the fetus.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-11 17:54:38

Oh look, someone messed with MSI's wikipedia page (click)

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-15 16:55:55

Hi.
I haven't really listened to MSI recently, but It would be nice to find out what people think are their best songs and that sort of thing, and I heard you were a little short on members and that so.. hi.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-28 19:43:48

At 9/28/08 06:59 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Watched Our Pain Your Gain and boy do I fucking hate MSI fans. There was a total of ONE that I didn't want to punch in the fucking face.

I hate the one girl who says, "I love Jimmy Page- wait, I fucking hate Jimmy Page"! She obviously only hates him because of the MSI song, which might I add isn't even about hating on Jimmy Page, the meaning is completly different. She obviously dosn't understand their lyrics, despite the fact that the band oten explains what they mean in their interviews.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-09-28 20:26:55

At 9/28/08 08:19 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I hate each and every member of the audience, apart form the guy who said "I've seen better" at the beginning, that was funny.

I liked the one "fan" who totally wasn't reading off of a sign.

Mindless Self Indulgence is like having sex with a random girl and/or animal, did I read that right?

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-04 14:10:11

At 9/15/08 04:55 PM, iateamexican wrote: Hi.
I haven't really listened to MSI recently, but It would be nice to find out what people think are their best songs and that sort of thing, and I heard you were a little short on members and that so.. hi.

Hey!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kill The Rock.
Oh and what was being said about fans, MSI is becoming more and more popualar, they're endorsed by blody Kerrang for fucks sake, so the fans are bound to start becoming douche-ish.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-04 14:12:57

At 10/4/08 02:10 PM, Abyssus wrote: Oh and what was being said about fans, MSI is becoming more and more popualar, they're endorsed by blody Kerrang for fucks sake, so the fans are bound to start becoming douche-ish.

Kerrang is only sold in Europe though, so it's not going to make that big of a difference. They've defiantly become more popular, but they're nowhere even close to becoming mainstream, which in my opinion is a very good thing.

Underground all the way

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-04 14:14:13

Can I join?

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-04 14:26:43

At 10/4/08 02:12 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
Underground all the way

With you.
And your right, I actually know quite a few people I can discuss them with now, which is more then I could say a year or so agi.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-04 15:48:39

Seen them. FOUR TIMES.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-05 12:23:09

At 10/4/08 03:37 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Erm, since, at the very least 2005, their fans HAVE been douches.

The fans that I've met were actually pretty cool, but I guess the bad ones will only show up at their concerts.

At 10/4/08 03:48 PM, doody1 wrote: Seen them. FOUR TIMES.

Lucky bastard, I still havn't seen them, but I want to very badly.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-05 14:11:32

At 10/5/08 01:55 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: O well, Imma still go see them live if I can get tickets before they sell out. Last time they came through, the night sold out quickly, soon it'll be like Nine Inch Nails or Rammstein, where it sells out in a matter of minutes.

I wanted to see them in Florida, but the show was a day after I already left. It's infortunate, I really wanted to go. Combichrist was going to be there aswell, which is another band that I like.

In fact, I expect Mindless Self Indulgence to become the most famous Industrial band.

I can expect them to suddenly explode after many years, causing them to become one of the most famous bands of that time. I don't want that to happend though, because nobody will believe me when I say that I was one of the original fans. The fanbase would also be full of annoying people who don't even understand the band or their outlook on life.

BBS Signature

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-05 17:55:15

Im an MSI fan and Im joining.

I went to one of their concerts and you could tell how alot of the people there were emos who didnt get how MSI made fun of emos. The emo culture seems to have embraced MSI. Hell, I had to get my MSI shirt at hot topic.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-05 17:57:43

.At 10/5/08 02:11 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:

I can expect them to suddenly explode after many years, causing them to become one of the most famous bands of that time. I don't want that to happend though, because nobody will believe me when I say that I was one of the original fans. The fanbase would also be full of annoying people who don't even understand the band or their outlook on life.

I think they will stay with a cult base. Many of their fans that dont get their message are scenesters that will move on to the next cool thing after they get tired of MSI.

Response to Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Club 2008-10-05 19:07:08

Hey guys i got into MSI recently, i bought their "If" album and it's pretty cool, so could i join?

Ink

BBS Signature