00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

War good or bad?

1,974 Views | 48 Replies

War good or bad? 2003-04-04 15:54:10

How many people out there think this war has a point? If you do think there is a valid reason to get rid of the scum of the world that kills his own followers (Sadamm Hussain). Then welcome and your alright in my books. Even if your a monkey with wings and have gotten an partnership with the one legged space chickins.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 16:14:10

At 4/4/03 03:54 PM, Mikeomegaplus wrote: stuff

You asked a bad question... The war isn't black and white. Yeah Saddam is bad but no I don't trust the US to make the most moral and perfect decisions on their own =P

There's a reason for it, whether it's good or bad. No such thing as a pointless war. It had a point at some... point...

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 16:22:14

Woohoo, bad post.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 17:06:22

At 4/4/03 04:22 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: Woohoo, bad post.

is that it? NEMESiSZ, youre just posting these to raise your post total arent you. cant you even insult someone with a post?

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 17:26:48

At 4/4/03 05:06 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 4/4/03 04:22 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: Woohoo, bad post.
is that it? NEMESiSZ, youre just posting these to raise your post total arent you. cant you even insult someone with a post?

Yeah, you figured me out, I want to be the biggest loser who posts at forums all day...

ass...

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 17:51:52

how can we rally behind a president who chokes on a pretzal? but seriously...what does the Bush Administration call a dictator. Murders his own people, total controll of the military...sounds alot like bush. when he was govenor of texas 100's of people were executed, and now congress has given him total contoll of the military. once again instead of congress declaring war as stated in the constitution, the president has unchecked power to do whatever he wants with our military. bush wasnt even ELECTED! i live in fear NOT because of terror attacks which the bush administration uses as scare tactics, i live in fear that one day i will not have the right to voice this opinion. to quote John Ashcroft "if you have something against america, you better watch what you say" scary uh?

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 17:55:49

uhhhh....no the war doesn't have a decent reason

1.They could go after diplomatic solutions to get Saddam out, but instead they rushed it
2.Saddam has been in power for over 30 years, and for over 25 years of that he received support from the US- why now?
3. Who are we to judge the citizens and determine that they are will to die for this war? over 600 civilians have had the privlage to die in this war, regardless of how they feel about Saddam.
4. Is that what Bush is talking about now? funny....at the beginning it was WMD...then he couldn't prove that, so he moved right along to terrorism.....had no evidence of that either, so he went for the jugular and used the American peoples hatred for Saddam and used it as an excuse.

Killing over 600(and more to come) to stop one bad man?o ya....thats a war full of morals there....

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 19:08:44

war is pointeless, bush is a dumbass, america is nosy and thinks that it is the greatest of all...this si your president you guys...you should realise that....this war will last MUCH MUCH longer than 2-3 weeks...lets just see shall we?

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 19:46:01

Do any of u stupidjackass understand why we are here in the first place. You think war is stupid and pointless well without war the world not have been is now. Yes innocent people must die innocent people always die. If sacrificing a few lives to save mllions more then I know all of us would mae th same decision.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 20:17:49

TST::Once agin you post the same thing "bush is bad, bad bad bad I hate bush bush is lame , I hate shrubs I mean bush , any thing plant related is bad. I hate my father".....go back to the geral forum please.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 20:35:27

War is bad.

Pre-emptive Action. Aggressive Negotiations.
Arrogancy. Stupidity. Ignorance. Hypocracy.

But it isn't as if we could stop it now. This war is almost over.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 20:43:24

Once again, Shrike demonstrates his mastery of repeating buzzwords but fails to say anything new/relevant/intelligent.

Kudos, ass.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 20:53:30

And was that relevant, Nemmy?

Kudos, ass.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 21:27:06

If sacrificing a few lives to save mllions more then I know all of us would mae th same decision.

would it be the same if it was Americans dying for global stablity?

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 21:59:29

bad you dumbass!

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 22:06:08

At 4/4/03 07:08 PM, TST wrote: war is pointeless, bush is a dumbass, america is nosy and thinks that it is the greatest of all...this si your president you guys...you should realise that....this war will last MUCH MUCH longer than 2-3 weeks...lets just see shall we?

The war isnt pointless, but it is needless. America is only this nosy because we what you to hear how much better we are. Bush IS a dumbass i'll give you that. This war wont last much longer, i think about 4 weeks tops.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 22:07:49

are YOU willing to die? so many people say this war is right but will they fight? i say they wont but please prove me wrong. "give up your rights and take up guns, cause we all know war is much more fun"

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 22:21:23

if you believe killing puppies is wrong, will you go out and kill puppies to further your proof?

people who do not believe in the war don't go out and risk their lives- they risk their reputation and social status to help SAVE LIVES

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 22:57:56

Kill ten to save a thousand, makes sense to me.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 23:19:18

so none of you pro war people are willing to fight? just cry for more blood? rally for slaughter? dont call me unpatriotic to quote True Sounds Of Liberty (T.S.O.L.) "I'll die for this land except for overseas"

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 23:31:58

At 4/4/03 05:51 PM, WaldenPunk wrote: how can we rally behind a president who chokes on a pretzal? but seriously...what does the Bush Administration call a dictator. Murders his own people, total controll of the military...sounds alot like bush. when he was govenor of texas 100's of people were executed, and now congress has given him total contoll of the military. once again instead of congress declaring war as stated in the constitution, the president has unchecked power to do whatever he wants with our military. bush wasnt even ELECTED! i live in fear NOT because of terror attacks which the bush administration uses as scare tactics, i live in fear that one day i will not have the right to voice this opinion. to quote John Ashcroft "if you have something against america, you better watch what you say" scary uh?

Dude, you dont know what the hell's goin on, so just crawl back under a rock, ok? Bush is not an American murderer you dumass, executions come from crimes they did, not just cause bush feels like it. Bush did get congress approval for war, like back in January, moron. And no, bush did get elected, fair and square, after a month of fuckin recounts from Al Gore which fucked up the stock market big time (I was trading stocks at the time, I would know). And I guarantee you, as long as you live in America, you will be able to voice your opinion. That's a freedom that shitty countries like Iraq dont have.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 23:46:22

At 4/4/03 11:31 PM, alejandro1 wrote:
At 4/4/03 05:51 PM, WaldenPunk wrote: how can we rally behind a president who chokes on a pretzal? but seriously...what does the Bush Administration call a dictator. Murders his own people, total controll of the military...sounds alot like bush. when he was govenor of texas 100's of people were executed, and now congress has given him total contoll of the military. once again instead of congress declaring war as stated in the constitution, the president has unchecked power to do whatever he wants with our military. bush wasnt even ELECTED! i live in fear NOT because of terror attacks which the bush administration uses as scare tactics, i live in fear that one day i will not have the right to voice this opinion. to quote John Ashcroft "if you have something against america, you better watch what you say" scary uh?
Dude, you dont know what the hell's goin on, so just crawl back under a rock, ok? Bush is not an American murderer you dumass, executions come from crimes they did, not just cause bush feels like it. Bush did get congress approval for war, like back in January, moron. And no, bush did get elected, fair and square, after a month of fuckin recounts from Al Gore which fucked up the stock market big time (I was trading stocks at the time, I would know). And I guarantee you, as long as you live in America, you will be able to voice your opinion. That's a freedom that shitty countries like Iraq dont have.

read the constitution dipshit, congress has to declare war! they didnt they just told bush he could do what ever the hell he wants. wheres the system of checks and balances? and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED! the supreme court decided he was the winner after the recount! and speaking of stocks... i bet yours went up after we bobmed some innocent iraqis, i mean "collatral damage"

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-04 23:55:09

At 4/4/03 11:50 PM, jimsween wrote:
At 4/4/03 11:46 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:
read the constitution dipshit, congress has to declare war! they didnt they just told bush he could do what ever the hell he wants. wheres the system of checks and balances? and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED! the supreme court decided he was the winner after the recount! and speaking of stocks... i bet yours went up after we bobmed some innocent iraqis, i mean "collatral damage"
Where in the constitution does it say that? Congress only needs to give permission to attack another country.

Clause 11:

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 00:01:40

At 4/4/03 11:57 PM, jimsween wrote:
At 4/4/03 11:55 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:
Clause 11:

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
No, where does it say exactly they need to DECLARE war.

Section 8. Clause 11:

Congress shall have the power to declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 00:09:05

At 4/4/03 05:51 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:

and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED!

OBVIOUSLY BUSH DID GET ELECTED IF HE IS IN OFFICE. IT doesn't matter how many popular votes you have, it's the electoral colledge, and Bush had mroe of those.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 00:10:04

At 4/5/03 12:05 AM, jimsween wrote: It says congress has the power it doesnt say that they need to, I think congress gave up that power when they voted that we could attack. Obviously it was some sort of attempt at a preemptive declaration or else why would they have voted at all?

That sort of situation is nothing new to Bush's administration. That practice goes all the way back to Truman.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 00:15:31

exactly...and why would congress do that? its not because the republicans hold the majority is it? and the president is also a republican? if our politicians can toss the constitution aside to fit a political parties agenda....whats next? if you want to put all your trust into this war and this administration jim, go ahead. it is your right and im certainly not going to stop you, i just think our present political leadership is bieng highly hypocritical.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 00:27:32

the constitution doesnt say the president HAS to declare war it says congress HAS to declare war. and if your trying to prove me wrong use the constitution, dont play word games. and whats your point that the constitution was written over 200 years ago? that its old and that therefore we should instill martial law?

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 00:39:08

For constitutional reference: the Congressional power to declare war is defined in Article I, Section 8.

"The Congress shall have power... to declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water."

Congress did pass a resolution authorizing the President to use force in Iraq, although it was not a formal war declaration. Also remember that Congress has the power of the budget. If at any time they do not wish to continue the war, they can simply pull the funding for it.

Response to War good or bad? 2003-04-05 01:30:01

Ok, enough with the COngress quoting. Yes, the congress can declare war, not have to, but can. Now the topic is war good? Which i think is a stupid question. NO WAR IS NOT GOOD. It must be done though. War is always a last resort. last solution. Is it bad though, yes. Is it Neccesary? Without a doubt