00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Thread: Wips & Discussion

47,626 Views | 606 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 08:40:01

New one looks better man... but ya i'm feeling like i need to redo my one too... theres somthing about it that i don't like... i may just do a diffrent thing and see if i can't get anything more intresting

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 09:52:44

At 12/4/06 06:43 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote: I redid my first entry because I hated it.

Comparisation

who the hell is this crazy bitch you keep drawing?

and bomtoons....I.....nevermind bomtoons. NEVERMIND.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 10:38:07

Just submitted my Kerberos & Irina

For a bigger picture, click here

For a work in progress, where you can see composition outlines and first drawings, just scroll down...

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 11:30:41

At 12/4/06 09:52 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
At 12/4/06 06:43 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote: I redid my first entry because I hated it.

Comparisation
who the hell is this crazy bitch you keep drawing?

On Tuesday, 1 June 2004, at Sasebo Elementary School, 11-year-old "Nevada-tan" killed her classmate, then returned to her homeroom in bloodied clothes. The classmate, Satomi Miratai, died later that day. Nevada led Satomi into an empty classroom, covered her eyes, and slit her throat with a boxcutter. Nevada-tan is now in juvie, apparently until 2013.

Be terrified, or accept her glory.

Picture of victim and killer.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 11:40:52

At 12/4/06 11:30 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote: into an empty classroom, covered her eyes, and slit her throat with a boxcutter. Nevada-tan is now in juvie, apparently until 2013.

Yikes. That gives me knots in my stomach.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 11:57:58

At 12/4/06 11:30 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote:

I blame video games.
LACK of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 12:59:42

At 12/4/06 11:30 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote: Picture of victim and killer.

I think she should get the prize for transcending her art into real life. What do you guys think?

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 13:08:26

any motive?

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 13:37:39

At 12/4/06 01:08 PM, MindChamber wrote:

any motive?

Yeah but it's somehow ridiculous and ruins her meme potential.

"Nevada was originally nearly a normal kid; she enjoyed Battle Royale, but of course that's a very popular movie all over the world. Now, she was on her school's basketball team, but her mother made her quit so that she could improve her grades. At this point Nevada became ill-willed and began to collect horror Flash movies on her website. She began to frequent violent websites, and wrote a Battle Royale fanfic and gruesome "recipes". She focused her attention on the Internet, trying to gain fans with a LiveJournal-style diary. She rejoined the basketball team, but they excluded her from activities and she dropped out. On her diary, she wrote, "I don't really like to play with my friends."

Her good friend Satomi Miratai became an enemy after she slighted Nevada on her own, far more popular diary. Nevada demanded an apology, but Satomi was frank with her, calling her "pretentious". Following this insult, Nevada focused in on Satomi as an object for her anger. She watched a horror series on television ("Monday Mystery Theater") where many people were killed quickly and effectively with box cutters. Soon afterwards, she threatened a boy with a box cutter. Ten days later, she led Satomi into an empty classroom, covered her eyes, and slit her throat."

LIVEJOURNALS KILL!
Let's start protesting by rubbing our naked bodys on eachother.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 15:50:49

At 12/4/06 01:37 PM, TimFrommeyer wrote:
LIVEJOURNALS KILL!
Let's start protesting by rubbing our naked bodys on eachother.

k

off with pants.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 15:57:59

In other news, I think Nobbin Robbin just won. Lawl!

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 16:53:20

At 12/4/06 01:37 PM, TimFrommeyer wrote:
Her good friend Satomi Miratai became an enemy after she slighted Nevada on her own, far more popular diary. Nevada demanded an apology, but Satomi was frank with her, calling her "pretentious". Following this insult, Nevada focused in on Satomi as an object for her anger.

what 11 year olds talk like that?

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 16:54:44

whoa!!

nobbin robbins peice is nasty!

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 17:00:04

At 12/4/06 04:53 PM, MindChamber wrote: what 11 year olds talk like that?

Maybe there's some language barrier.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 17:19:49

At 12/4/06 04:54 PM, MindChamber wrote: whoa!!

nobbin robbins peice is nasty!

thanks man, i did the best i could with my little laser mouse.

If you're reading this you've gone too far :3

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 18:25:50

well i dont know if this fits perfectly but heres wat i got i no its not that great but its the best i can do at the moment cause well i'm still getting good at drawing hasn't even been a year yet but i'm currently doing the background hope u like!

"Blacken the Sun"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 18:35:16

At 12/4/06 03:57 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: In other news, I think Nobbin Robbin just won. Lawl!

I like it, the crayons are a nice touch. Some of the proportions look a little off to me though, especially for such a realistically painted piece.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 18:40:23

WIP at cleanup stage. Any suggestions on what I need to improve upon?

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 18:59:26

At 12/4/06 06:40 PM, P-51 wrote: WIP at cleanup stage. Any suggestions on what I need to improve upon?

.....what is it?

All I see in the top left is some squiggly lines and a face peering out.
The face looks alright but we cant really judge it if you've only drawn 4% of it. :s

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 19:06:03

At 12/4/06 06:35 PM, BoMToons wrote:
I like it, the crayons are a nice touch. Some of the proportions look a little off to me though, especially for such a realistically painted piece.

Army geneticists mutated her DNA making her inproportionate. Seeing no real purpose for this, they discarded her as a fail test subject, but who knew her inproportionatness was her strength. She later destroyed the geneticists and became uhh... President? God Bless America!

yes they'll believe that.

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 19:25:56

nobbin!!! wow that is awesome!!! how tha hell do u do them masterpices!?!?

-ur new secret lover-
-bread

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 19:27:45

At 12/4/06 07:06 PM, Nobbin-Robin wrote: Army geneticists mutated her DNA making her inproportionate. Seeing no real purpose for this, they discarded her as a fail test subject, but who knew her inproportionatness was her strength. She later destroyed the geneticists and became uhh... President? God Bless America!

Well, that settles that does't it?

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 19:35:15

At 12/4/06 06:59 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 12/4/06 06:40 PM, P-51 wrote: WIP at cleanup stage. Any suggestions on what I need to improve upon?
.....what is it?

All I see in the top left is some squiggly lines and a face peering out.
The face looks alright but we cant really judge it if you've only drawn 4% of it. :s

yeah... I'll get back to you on that :\

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 20:20:57

nobbin, I could study the color and lines on that blue dress for eternity.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 21:05:13

What a fucking stupid Art Thread idea.
I mean, they basically started failing after your little break or whatever the FUCK that was supposed to be after that Halloween Contest.

While we could have had a Thanksgiving themed contest, or even this during the absense of "Art Thread:"'s, we should have at least have had a Christmas theme contest, not some unoriginal bullshit like this.

I've seen some pretty awesome ones (like poxpower's), and I've seen some shit ones(like bradjose-666's).

Not like I should necessarily talk, since I decided not to participate >:|

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 21:43:29

This is cool, I'll post mine soon...

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 22:06:25

WIP
I did this pic so many times and I'm still not satisified....I'll come up with a more detailed one probably.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 22:32:42

At 12/4/06 09:05 PM, MadCow wrote: While we could have had a Thanksgiving themed contest...we should have at least have had a Christmas theme contest...not some unoriginal bullshit like this.

Thanksgiving and Christmas themed contests are suddenly more original than 'little girls: Big Weapons'?

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 22:42:34

At 12/4/06 09:05 PM, MadCow wrote:

haha what a bitter lil bitch..

Response to Art Thread: Wips & Discussion 2006-12-04 22:44:09

At 12/4/06 09:05 PM, MadCow wrote: What a fucking stupid Art Thread idea.
I mean, they basically started failing after your little break or whatever the FUCK that was supposed to be after that Halloween Contest.

While we could have had a Thanksgiving themed contest, or even this during the absense of "Art Thread:"'s, we should have at least have had a Christmas theme contest, not some unoriginal bullshit like this.

Personally, i like it better this way. if everybody knew that the contests were going to coincide with the holiday of the month there would be no fun in it. everyone would know ahead of time that they have to do a Saint Patrick's day drawing or a Valintine's Day drawing. Where's the fun in that?