00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloween Art Contest Winners

26,908 Views | 68 Replies

Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:23:18

I now present the winners of the NG Halloween Art Contest. Because of the prolonged contest time and the sheer amount of incredible submissons, we've decided to double up on the prizes this time around. It was still sinfully difficult to choose the winners and understand we had to draw the line somewhere.

I've been told I'm going to get a possible onslaught of people questioning our choices, so please keep in mind we did our VERY BEST to be fair, weighing artistic merit and originality. Everybody is gonna have different favorites, SO TAKE IT LIKE MEN AND DON'T COMPLAIN :)

Blood and Gore follows so possibly NSFW:

1st Place: $100 + T-Shirt
Deks

1st Place: $100 + T-Shirt
Steven-M

2nd - Place: $75 + T-Shirt
Psycho Goldfish (another submission)

ZekeySpaceyLizard (another submission)

3rd - Place: $50 + T-Shirt
soupflavoredsoup

3rd - Place: $50 + T-Shirt
LiLg (another submission)

4th and 5th Place: $25 + T-Shirt

BadReligionSkater

poxpower

Zombie-Pimp (one more)

Doodler (zombie pong?)

Look out, here's some more people who will be getting shirts because of their fantastic submissions:

BoMToons (another)

Bug (and another)

deadspread (john madden??)

Cheddar79

DINNNER

LiftYourSkinnyFists

TimFrommeyer

Frogcloset (more oldschool) (s..spot?)

Tomii

Weasel

If you're listed as a winner, please PM me your full name, address, AND preferred shirt SIZE and COLOR (blue, black, or green). If you already have a newgrounds shirt, just know we have many cool things in the works for future prizes, so keep on submitting to our contests and you never know what you'll WIN!

Finally, judging these contests is taking years off our lives so I'm setting up a forum post HERE where you can list ideas on how users can have a clearer voice in the voting process. We'd still have the power to override decisions, but we'd like a better way to gauge reactions from everybody.

The next offical contest shall begin in two weeks. Polish up those drawing skills and BE READY.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:28:15

Grats <3 :D Awesome work.

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:32:27

At 11/1/06 07:30 PM, JoystickX wrote: Aww...
My Zombie Kong was disliked :(
Oh well, always next time. Those who won deserved it :)

Splinter Cell is my favorite

for the record, it was a great drawing dude. keep submitting and there's no doubt you're gonna win some prizes.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:43:12

zekey deserves that 75 dollars

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

SOUNDCLOUD|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:43:37

here is a fixed link to poxpowers winning submission:

http://www.deviantar../deviation/42117909/

..working on getting it fixed in the post.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:44:35

great work i guess i will try harder next contest

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:45:31

I cant believe i got nothing for my pics. Not even a shirt im so gutted, i was sure id get just a lil sumthin sumthin

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:50:02

I want to win something!

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:51:41

At 11/1/06 07:45 PM, KingJava wrote: I cant believe i got nothing for my pics. Not even a shirt im so gutted, i was sure id get just a lil sumthin sumthin

well, Ill tell ya, FIRST you're a great artist. the pacman one was really well drawn, but..it had barely any "zombie" to it. and the earthworm jim one was great as well.

please dont take it personally, you were damn, damn close. unfortunately we could only give out so many prizes....and we do keep an eye on people who submit alot, dont think it goes unnoticed.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:53:11

how many t-shirts does bomtoons have now? Lol

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 19:53:46

At 11/1/06 07:51 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: please dont take it personally, you were damn, damn close. unfortunately we could only give out so many prizes....and we do keep an eye on people who submit alot, dont think it goes unnoticed.

Mr Utah, I am so going to fucking put alot of effort into the next contest.
Fuck, i'll skip school so I can even have a head start.
I need a newgrounds shirt, Need!

Cockbomb.

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:05:33

At 11/1/06 07:51 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
well, Ill tell ya, FIRST you're a great artist. the pacman one was really well drawn, but..it had barely any "zombie" to it. and the earthworm jim one was great as well.

please dont take it personally, you were damn, damn close. unfortunately we could only give out so many prizes....and we do keep an eye on people who submit alot, dont think it goes unnoticed.

Well I guess ill just have to try harder next time then. Thanks for the Explanation :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:08:55

For the record I think that most of the submissions were extremely well done. Like Johnny said they can only give out a certain amount of prizes. Its to bad I have no art skill because I had some really good ideas for that contest.. I drew a couple of them but I didn't even bother posting them because they looked like a pile of shit :). Anyway congratulations to all the winners(lol@zombie pong)

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:12:24

Was fun, looking forward to future contests. =)

(Although I'm not sure if I will participate should the theme follow along the lines of drawings made of certain people in power here, penises just isn't really my thing. ;))

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:15:04

At 11/1/06 08:12 PM, Deks wrote: Was fun, looking forward to future contests. =)

(Although I'm not sure if I will participate should the theme follow along the lines of drawings made of certain people in power here, penises just isn't really my thing. ;))

I can promise the next contest will not involve cock

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:21:38

At 11/1/06 08:12 PM, Deks wrote: Was fun, looking forward to future contests. =)

are ya sure? cause with such a prentious comment like that, I coulda swore I just smelt dick.

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:26:28

congrats to all the winners. next time I will try hard on one single submission. I always say im going to spend a long time on it but then when it gets to the detail I say screw it and just submit it from there.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:28:07

Aww man I thought I had a chance at a t-shirt at least. I spent a long time on that :\
Well, it was fun anyway.

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:46:45

Awesome, im going to look like a creep and draw people in my school whenever i have the time. THEN MAYBE I WILL BE WORTHY

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:59:26

Dude the fact that I won a t-shirt at least makes me THRILLED!

Thanks guys...great competition and I look forward to submitting more work.

I'm getting a shirt...awesome!!!!

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 20:59:47

i was hoping the defense attorney would get something...

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 21:09:07

MMM... Bummer I didn't even win a t-shirt. Oh well I knew I had no chance of scoring high considering my Leon Kennedy was black and white, and I screwed up the scan.
I'll try harder next time

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 21:12:39

At 11/1/06 08:15 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:

I can promise the next contest will not involve cock

Awwww.... :(

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 21:20:34

At 11/1/06 07:23 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: 1st Place: $100 + T-Shirt
Deks
Psycho Goldfish (another submission)

I liked both of those, the characters really take on the personality of the contest, which to me was the most important factor finding which ones i liked most.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 21:56:36

At 11/1/06 07:53 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: how many t-shirts does bomtoons have now? Lol

I'm sewing them together to make a car cover. Thanks for putting on the contest, twas tre fun!

Though my Rampage piece shoulda won it ALL!

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 22:30:39

Splinter Hell from PG was, in my humble opinion, the funniest. Mainly because it was the most recognisable, for me anyway.
Congrats to all the winners.

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 22:32:27

Heavens to Betsy! That's so awesome!

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 23:00:20

Congrats to the winners, I was a big fan of BomToons stuff as well as Psycho's and that's it. Wait I liked the duckhunt one too, good job.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 23:13:28

Wow, I don't even remember seeing some of those entries(I guess the contest was a little too long). Cant wait till the next one.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween Art Contest Winners 2006-11-01 23:20:35

Is it just me or do you have to use a tablet or a scanner to win.. :/

Kill a man, you're a murderer, kill many, you're a conqueror, kill 'em all, and you're a god!

BBS Signature