00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Huked's Art Thread

6,393 Views | 89 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Huked's Art Thread 2006-10-30 23:51:17

All the cool kids are doing it?

Naw i've been drawing alot lately and really improved over the past few months. So i'd sort of like to flaunt some of my work and show some things i've done.

criticisms needed and welcome ^_^

This first one was for a friend who wrote a short novel. Its one of the demon thingies in it.

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-10-30 23:55:13

Oh my goodness, you need to work on tones! To me it looks like a bunch of scribbles. It's so hard for me to make the face out. I suggest get some drawing books, learn yer anatomy and practice 24/7. Seriously, best advice you'll ever get.

check out my Newgrounds Sketchbook

Also check out my page for animations and stuff

http://liftyourskinnyfists.newgroun ds.com/

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-10-31 01:13:20

At 10/30/06 11:55 PM, LiftYourSkinnyFists wrote: Oh my goodness, you need to work on tones! To me it looks like a bunch of scribbles. It's so hard for me to make the face out. I suggest get some drawing books, learn yer anatomy and practice 24/7. Seriously, best advice you'll ever get.

It was written as dark, scaley, bumpy, and no mouth XD. oh well thanks for your advice, i'll add more things when my computer stops being so lame

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-10-31 20:24:06

At 10/30/06 11:51 PM, hukedunfonikswork wrote: All the cool kids are doing it?

Naw i've been drawing alot lately and really improved over the past few months. So i'd sort of like to flaunt some of my work and show some things i've done.

criticisms needed and welcome ^_^

This first one was for a friend who wrote a short novel. Its one of the demon thingies in it.

Obviously the product of a disturbed mind... >:D But, getting serious now, its pretty good. i couldnt draw a creature like that if my life depended on it (hell, id be to lazy, but hey, you get the point) Gyah, i need to learn how to draw creatures like that....
Keep up the good work!
And to what the other guy said, if you need tones, find a manga/anime store, you should find some good ones. Good luck finding a store like that, damn kansas has abso friggin lutely nothing....

BBS Signature

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-10-31 23:48:59

well my fucking computer stopped being a bitch so

I drew this a bit ago, but i finnaly inked it

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-10-31 23:57:25

And i also scanned this in

Its a poster for an english project, of which I spent way too much time on, of the play/movie "The Crucible" If you've read it youl'll maybe see how much effort i put into symbolism etc etc.

(the building the is the courthouse and the hand is supposed to be coming out of the ground)

and yeah i know the hand is a bit malformed, but i was 1/2 way done until i realized so oh well.

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-01 14:03:12

i like them
some guy told you to buy manga/anime books, but dont do it
keep your own style
but i do know a good colouring tutorial of my friend if you want it
Prometheus spawning grounds
click on "art tutorial"
Maybe that helps you, maybe not

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-01 14:22:11

At 10/31/06 11:48 PM, hukedunfonikswork wrote: well my fucking computer stopped being a bitch so

That's good I really want to see some more of your art now

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-01 16:52:07

At 10/30/06 11:55 PM, LiftYourSkinnyFists wrote: Oh my goodness, you need to work on tones! To me it looks like a bunch of scribbles. It's so hard for me to make the face out. I suggest get some drawing books, learn yer anatomy and practice 24/7. Seriously, best advice you'll ever get.

god darnit that's all you ever say , anatomy isn't everything you know damn academy styles , ve been drawing nothing but stuff from how-to books and i'm going model drawing non -stop

result ? well i can't f***** get another line outta me pen , i used to doodle the days away now its just staring angry at paper . why the hell you think i'm on the forum? thrust me learning and shit is ok but if you overdo it it KILLS YOUR ARTISTIC SPIRIT try giving a soul to any of your work without spirit .... dammit drawing trees and torso's all the time its just and even if you do , you don't simply learn it like that , the sacrifice is too huge , you'l be left in a darn twilight zone where you can't draw anything from your head right and you can't draw anything you see right
god fu***dammit that felt right

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-01 16:57:36

At 10/31/06 11:48 PM, hukedunfonikswork wrote: well my fucking computer stopped being a bitch so

The awesomeness of this picture has consumed me faste than kitty krew gets blammed!!!

Great shading work, especially with pen.

BBS Signature

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-01 23:03:52

Thanks for your comments. I never plan to color most things because i A) don't have photoshop and B) have a severe lack of follow-through

here's somthing else i did recently, i wish the body had turned out better but w/e

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-02 16:09:34

I posted this once b4, but I worked damn hard on it and it turned out real well, so it NEEDS to go in my thread ^_^

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-02 16:11:12

Aaaaaaah your stuff is so busy!

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-10 17:52:11

I did indeed use another picture of reference. But after finishing a rough sketch and layout to help me understand the head and body positon, i just went with it. its office max pen on 81/2 by 11 paper, if anyone cares.

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-11 09:22:58

good stuff, but tones are in serious need of work

you could get GIMP instead of photoshop

BBS Signature

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-11 09:25:24

At 11/2/06 04:09 PM, hukedunfonikswork wrote: I posted this once b4, but I worked damn hard on it and it turned out real well, so it NEEDS to go in my thread ^_^

Ah my eyes are going to explode, calm it down please :P Generally good anatonmy though

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-11 19:03:25

At 11/11/06 09:22 AM, TjA wrote: good stuff, but tones are in serious need of work

I keep hearing of these "tones" could someone possibly give me a well thought out explanation about EXACTLY what it is and how this is achieved (softer shading?)

oh and i start an art class next semester (finally) so i hope to really improve

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-12 13:54:26

i really like pic number 5, the skeleton with the bike ;)

ZURAK - Art Thread - DA - MADE IN DENMARK

BBS Signature

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-12 13:55:49

At 11/10/06 05:52 PM, hukedunfonikswork wrote: I did indeed use another picture of reference. But after finishing a rough sketch and layout to help me understand the head and body positon, i just went with it. its office max pen on 81/2 by 11 paper, if anyone cares.

I fucking love you.

You are entitled ONE free nightmare

Huked's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-12 17:26:14

At 11/12/06 01:54 PM, zurak wrote: i really like pic number 5, the skeleton with the bike ;)

Its Ghost Rider, completely unorignal but i love comic books ^_^

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-13 17:17:21

Its the Horse Grim Reaper

I might ink it later...

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-13 17:26:06

hukedunfonikswork

I have to say I love your sketchy style. It always disappoints me when people erase their lines to somehow clean up their masterpieces. One of the greatest sketch artists was by far Da Vinnci. I have seen his sketches of the Mona Lisa that literally look more vivid and lively than his frescos or the famous Mona Lisa painting.

Your work is quite wild and lively in a death ring tone but still really vibrant and sketchy. It reminds me of my own style. Keep the drawings coming!

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-14 00:14:15

its called expression, he isn't just following some age old template like you told him to.

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-14 22:32:13

that's some demented stuff right there, but awesome none the less

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-15 00:37:49

At 11/14/06 10:32 PM, P-51 wrote: that's some demented stuff right there, but awesome none the less

Awww thanks. I'll do somthing extra "demented" just for you guys ^_^

Hmmmm.... i'm seeing.... a pig-baby-skeleton bursting out of an eyeball on the moon? Well w/e i'll try to make it some fucked up shit.

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-15 02:37:42

Wow, thats pretty cool nice job.

BBS Signature

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2006-11-15 17:35:56

I drew this in study hall, i would of made it more "demented" but teachers frown upon that sort of stuff

oh and its an arm coming out of a giant eyeball coming out of the skeletons mouth, so many ppl couldnt' tell what it was :*(

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2007-03-04 23:05:01

yes, I'm not dead. Anyways, these next drawings were all done the same way. I'd find an internet picture i like, do a really simple rough sketch, then take it too school, pencil and ink it.

doing this i feal i've been getting a LOT better, i plan to start posting 100% me pictures.

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2007-03-04 23:06:34

another one

Huked's Art Thread

Response to Huked's Art Thread 2007-03-04 23:08:47

this is the last one, come back to see more stuff later =D

Huked's Art Thread