00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status

15,706 Views | 124 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:17:59

I got a ton of PM's about our Wacom give-away, people are excited! :)

I've been antsy to give out some tablets, so I've already sent Intuos3 tablets to Bug (formerly BigArmyBug) and Starogre.

We may start an art forum competition for artists who draw with the mouse. Other than that, I plan to keep an eye out for known Flash artists who don't have a tablet and want one. A lot of people PM'ed me who didn't really have anything to show for themselves... Please only PM me IF you have won a Portal award or have submissions with tens of thousands of views and you are dying for a tablet. I'll be keeping a list of noteable artists-in-need for future give-aways!

Be sure to check out the contests on the Halloween page. There are lots of opportunities for games and movies with Halloween themes to win up to $1000!

The redesign continues forward. I have to warn everyone that we won't make the November 15th deadline, however I am adamant about releasing it before the end of the year. It all looks so simple on paper, but every step of implementation is a huge undertaking. Every page is being redone in CSS with a new layout. Back-end components going back to 1999 are being overhauled and optimized to make new features easier to implement as we move forward in 2007. It will be a rebirth of Newgrounds and will usher in a golden age for Flash artists... or at least it will look neat.

All these big projects are really trying at times... I miss the days of redesigning NG in a weekend and making new games overnight. With each new project the time-table grows, as does the fear of letting people down.

After ten years in basements and bedrooms, Newgrounds moved to an office one year ago. The redesign will be the culmination of one year in the office. I hope everyone loves it as much as we do!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:19:00

Awww, I was hoping for November 15th :( Sounds good anyway :)

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:19:08

Get in! Nice one Tom.

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:20:19

Wow, seeing what Bug can do without a tablet, I'm anxious to see what he can do with one. :0

I can't wait for the redesign Tom. You should just keep the exact date and time a secret, or give little clues. That would be fun (to me at least).

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:20:26

At 10/18/06 05:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: I got a ton of PM's about our Wacom give-away, people are excited! :)

I've been antsy to give out some tablets, so I've already sent Intuos3 tablets to Bug (formerly BigArmyBug) and Starogre.

THANK YOU!

You are my hero...i am speechless.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:20:44

You won't let us down, Tom.

One day back seems the mod's are living up to their image. Heh.

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:20:47

At 10/18/06 05:19 PM, Idocreating wrote: Get in! Nice one Tom.

That was in response to the CSS if you didn't know guys.

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:22:04

I'm looking forward to it

Congrats starogre + bug

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:22:24

At 10/18/06 05:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: The redesign continues forward. I have to warn everyone that we won't make the November 15th deadline, however I am adamant about releasing it before the end of the year. It all looks so simple on paper, but every step of implementation is a huge undertaking. Every page is being redone in CSS with a new layout. Back-end components going back to 1999 are being overhauled and optimized to make new features easier to implement as we move forward in 2007.

Awww.. This stinks...

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:22:36

Looking foward for the redesign. I just hope that it works well, and everyone will be happy.

I am a little nervous about the forum sig thing and changing the reviews.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:22:40

Care to peak the new design, other than what stamper did?

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:23:25

I'm certain that all of the endless hours spent re-designing the site will show brilliantly upon its release. I'm looking forword to it, as everyone else ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:23:30

Aw, shucks. Just as everyone else I was looking forward to a new layout next month.

Try to at least make the layout launch on Chirstmas day. It would be the best present ever. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:23:31

At 10/18/06 05:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: we won't make the November 15th deadline

You are so fired. FIRED!!!!

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:23:59

At 10/18/06 05:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: Every page is being redone in CSS with a new layout.

I thought the point of CSS was to make one style sheet and apply it to lots of pages, rather than right the CSS for every page? Or have I misunderstood what you were saying?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:24:00

first page? oh, and good idea with the tablet giveaway, it really makes people have an incentive to draw well. and no excuse not to.

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:26:27

I can't wait!

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:27:05

At 10/18/06 05:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: I got a ton of PM's about our Wacom give-away, people are excited! :)

Awesome. You're the most generous site owner ever. Seriously, any other site wouldn't do that.

I already have a tablet,(A tiny one, but it works ;) ).

We may start an art forum competition for artists who draw with the mouse. Other than that, I plan to keep an eye out for known Flash artists who don't have a tablet and want one. A lot of people PM'ed me who didn't really have anything to show for themselves... Please only PM me IF you have won a Portal award or have submissions with tens of thousands of views and you are dying for a tablet. I'll be keeping a list of noteable artists-in-need for future give-aways!

Ha ha, I can imaging "StickDBZman37" pming you for a tablet. :p

Be sure to check out the contests on the Halloween page. There are lots of opportunities for games and movies with Halloween themes to win up to $1000!

$_$

The redesign continues forward. I have to warn everyone that we won't make the November 15th deadline, however I am adamant about releasing it before the end of the year. It all looks so simple on paper, but every step of implementation is a huge undertaking. Every page is being redone in CSS with a new layout. Back-end components going back to 1999 are being overhauled and optimized to make new features easier to implement as we move forward in 2007. It will be a rebirth of Newgrounds and will usher in a golden age for Flash artists... or at least it will look neat.

Nooooooo. :(

Oh well, that means people wont have to request new snowy sigs this year. :)

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing, and keep it up!

All these big projects are really trying at times... I miss the days of redesigning NG in a weekend and making new games overnight. With each new project the time-table grows, as does the fear of letting people down.

After ten years in basements and bedrooms, Newgrounds moved to an office one year ago. The redesign will be the culmination of one year in the office. I hope everyone loves it as much as we do!

Good luck.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:27:43

Nice Tom, I'm really waiting for the new level system and icons. A Wacom Tablet wouldn't hurt but I suppose I'm not a good enough artist enough for that ;<

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:27:56

At 10/18/06 05:26 PM, Pinkasaurus wrote: Yeah, I don't care about the new layout.
This one looks fine.

Yeah, but if you dont have a new layout no-one can get excited.

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:28:20

wow, just wow

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:28:33

At 10/18/06 05:23 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 10/18/06 05:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: Every page is being redone in CSS with a new layout.
I thought the point of CSS was to make one style sheet and apply it to lots of pages, rather than right the CSS for every page? Or have I misunderstood what you were saying?

Yeah, isn't the point Of CSS that you cna apply it to multiple pages? Anyway, shame about the delay, but no biggie. I think it's better that you take time and get it perfect, rather than releaseing early and finding glitches :O.

Okay, question. The old pages of NG that are still linked to, eg, club a seal. Will they be changed too? They were never changed with the current layout, but will they be changed wiht the next?

Dammit Tom, where are the sceensavers i sent you from the compo>8(. Sorry, i've been waitng so long :(.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:28:56

Shame to hear you won't make the deadline, having the new layout launched near the end of the year would make for a nice Christmas present though. :)

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:29:06

I wish I could get a free tablet

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:30:28

At 10/18/06 05:29 PM, Zwe wrote: I wish I could get a free tablet

Me and Zwe made Four Second Frenzy all by ourselves. Tablet plz.

;)

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:31:58

At 10/18/06 05:30 PM, Nick wrote:
At 10/18/06 05:29 PM, Zwe wrote: I wish I could get a free tablet
Me and Zwe made Four Second Frenzy all by ourselves. Tablet plz.

;)

We did? Oh yeah, we did.

tablet

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:33:20

I better get some more portal awards, I need a tablet.

:/

A Bedtime Tale | 1 | 2 | 3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:36:30

So, does this mean that the new levels wont be implemented for a while?
Also, it sucks that its going to take longer but you're doing everything you can so I'm not dissapointed.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:36:44

Wow Tom, I'm glad to hear about all of these great things. I've been wanting to get a wacom tablet to improve my flash drawing skills a large amount. I might end up buying one since I'm not a very well known newgrounds flash artist. I guess that I'll see how good my skills are sometime in the next month or two and base my need for a wacom upon that.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom Tablets, Redesign Status 2006-10-18 17:38:32

What's the status on the sigs? Is 600x40 official yet?

please say no.

smoke meth and hail satan