00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grh96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,119 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:18:17

Forum Mod because I spend most of my NG time on the forum. Im going to play GunZ now... choose someone more hard working...

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:20:20

Well i would like to be a review mod to help out the site with the mass flagged reviews coming along lately.

As for forum mod would probably be my 2nd choice mostly cause i'm usually only on the BBS from the hours of 11pm to around 5-6am (that is an estimate) and i usually always see a bunch of crap topics and not that many mods on to do something about it so if i could be a forum mod it would have to be like a night shift.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:23:26

Forum mod> Review mod > audio Mod > Icon Mod

ok the reason i chose Forum mod is probaly the same reason as most other peoples, becasue im on the forums the lot, i lurk around the forums, i have only ever been banned once... and that was for posting in a spam thread... i was weak... and im usually very active, plus i tend to have quite good spelling

being a Review mod would be good, but i cant say id be a very good one, i dont review much, and im not really in to flagging reviews, so, when you next chose someone to be a review mod... count me out

Audio mods... i never really go on the audio portal, i havnt made any audio, there are far more deserving people out there than me, so yeah, nope

again, if i were an icon mod, i would lose the job pretty quickly, i have no interessed in looking at, and making icons

Untill i have a Sig pic worthy of my grandness, i declare that all Sig pictures are reserved for Vain people with no lives :D

Come to My City :D

Or Fight me!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:24:17

If I had the choice, I'd personally want to be a review moderator.

Being somewhat of an active user here on the forums and in portal for about two and a half years, I like to think that I have a decent understanding and knowledge of the rules of what is accepted and what is not. As most of the people here, I've done my fair share of mistakes. So, I know I'm probably not the best candidate for any of these positions but, if given the privileges, it would be a nice change to actually help out and give back to the site.

I'm usually logged on and off between the hours of 1:00 P.M. - 12:30 P.M. on weekdays and 11:00 A.M. - 2:30 A.M. on weekends.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:28:22

At 10/17/06 01:21 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Hey Wade,

Since you ask it so openly, I would indeed be interested in helping the website. I've been a member since 2000, and even if I was mostly inactive between 2001 and 2003, it helped me alot get better at Flash, and even awarded me a T-Shirt and 50$ for my Pico Day entry. It may not seem like much, but getting aknowledged for your work is so much more important. So this would be a good way to thank you back for all you did for me.

Plus, I think after spending about 3 years browsing the BBS, I'm beginning to understand how things work around here (and about time I should add...). I'm mostly on NG between midnight and 2 or 3 am (eastearn time), a.k.a. when I get back from work.

As far as the choice goes, I would like to be a BBS mod first, since I consider myself a regular (generally unknown, but still a regular) and Flash review mod second, since I’m a flahs contributor and know what it’s like to receive stupid unfounded reviews that are just personnal attacks.

I just realised my first answer was incomplete, so here's what I would do if I was a mod. First off, I would be keener to new members, nicely pointing out the guidelines of the BBS instead of giving them the instant "NOOB" tag. Even if I'd be nicer to these perticular users, I would still be a bitch to those who go too far across the line. There is nothing more irritating than a user berating other users' opinions by calling them idiots. The way I see it, even idiots are entitled to an opinion, as long as it stays within the rules.

Plus, no special treatment : a user who's on the website since 2001 shall get the same treatment than a user who just joined, just like a 25 y.o. will be judged on the same base than a 13 y.o. We need to help the latest built some maturity instead of bashing them. If some users like Peacekid or Frank thought us something, it's that younger users can be just as mature as older ones.

As far as Spamming goes, I'll also be ruthless, especially to the stupid alt wave that's been pestering the BBS and reviews for the past months. Moronic gimmicks who try to be funny by impersonatting a certain character (a pokemon trainer for example) gets highly on my nerve. If you can't be funny by yourself, just don't try to be funny at all.

Even though it may seems like it, being a mod wouldn't result in a sudden power trip from myself. I'd just try to keep the BBS or the reviews clean from idiocraty as much as possible, while maintaining a certain fairness towards other NG users, because even if I was a mod, I'd be a BBS user first.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:34:40

Probably a forum mod...although I wouldn't want to be any sort of mod, too much responsibility hehe

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:49:09

I spend a few hours a day on this site. I attend the forums for a good discussion and to be a general comedian. I'm on usually 1am-3am or noon to 4pm EST.

I would be interested in being a Icon Mod and/or a forum mod.

First, Icon mod. Icon modding doesnt take a lot of brainwork, but more repetitive approving/disapproving. I beleive I've logged enough hours to know how things work around here, and enough to know what is a NG worksafe pic and what is not NG appropriate. Thus if you need an insomniac icon mod, I would be a great candidate.

Second, forum mod. I'm not the most popular poster, I don't like the cliques or kissing mod ass. I am however an experienced poster at over 3k quality posts, an avid Newgrounds fan and a helpful person. I noticed few to no mods on when I'm on, and I beleive I could fill the gap that exists on late night/workday EST hours. I do not want mod status for a rep bonus in some circles of NG, I want it because I would like the forums to continue to be the best free forums on the internet.

In closing, if I don't get modded in my entire time on Newgrounds it won't bother me. If I do become a moderator, I will help make NG become more kickin rad then it already is.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:53:25

At 10/16/06 11:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: For those of you who would normally keep quiet about wanting to be a mod, because it's against the rules, feel free to let us know your interests here.

Relaxation of the rules or no, I won't ask to be a forum mod; I still believe that anyone who asks to be a mod shouldn't be one. The desire for power leaves too much room for abuse.

That said, I would be willing to help screen icons or reviews. Those are behind the scenes, non-glamourous positions that I don't mind offering to help with, if you still need anyone to do so.

One thing that you did not mention is the review of flagged submissions. It seems like they take a very long time to be removed, and I'd be willing to help with that if you ever decide to form a flag moderation team. I've got the research skills to find stolen submissions, and I'm familiar enough with the rules that I can identify submissions that break those rules.

I'm on Newgrounds off and on for most of the day and evening (Pacific Time). I take online classes only, so I usually have at least one tab dedicated to NG all day. Thanks to my time zone, I tend to be on a lot later than most of the NG users; I'm usually going to bed as England is waking up.

Let me know if you'd like my help.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 02:59:39

i know its not gonna happen, but hey just replying to the thread.

i wouldnt mind being a forum mod..i help out sometimes in re-directing people to threads that have already been created and help out (Used to when i had time) in the Wi/Ht section of the site...id be available for night time sorta shifts..and thats about it really

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:05:39

I'd like being a forum mod.

Living in South Korea, I get on mostly when it's night in the USA. Therefore, you'd have someone to watch over the forums from about 10pm to 6am Central, and I have known from past experiences that spam threads are abundant during the night, opposed to daytime when all the mods are on.

I spend roughly an hour posting, but a lot more time lurking (possibly 4-6). Never having gone into other forums beside General, I have a pretty good idea of what is a good thread, what is a 'meh' thread, and what is a spam thread, having been autobanned a few times for posting in spam threads. I'm also a pretty heavy "Use proper fucking English" Nazi, if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance for considering me for this position.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:09:15

I think i'd work best as a review mod, if not review, then forum or audio, I wouldn't be interested in icons.

I'm on the site from 4pm until about 10pm or 11pm GMT each week day, and on weekends perhaps a little longer.

I think i've got reasonably good judgement on if things are abusive or not, and since i spend most of my time on here anyway, I could at least be helping out while i'm here.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:17:12

Though I doubt it will happen, it would be great to be a forum mod, as, despite my shitty beginnings on this site, and my angsty crap, I can't really stay away from this site, and I've certainly a better head on my shoulders then I did earlier on. If I were modded, I'd make sure to not abuse my "powers" at all, and ban, lock and delete whatever need be. Granted I'd post some pretty ridiculous lock messages.

It's no lie that around two years ago I cared way too much about everything, and really wanted to be a mod. As lame as it may sound (and yes, it sounds pretty lame) that was like, my goal in life, and I probably would have went overboard had I been modded.
Now, however, I'm quite sure you would be satisfied with me as a mod, and if not, just demod me, at any time. I really can't guarantee any specific times I'd be on. As I have insomnia and find myself sleeping and waking at odd hours, but most likely it would be either late at night, or early in the morning. I'd be willing to devote a good four hours per day at least.

I've been an active member for three years (granted I took a break from posting for a while) and don't plan on leaving. The idea of being a mod hasn't been a recent one, as I'm pretty sure I blew whatever chance I had around a year and a half ago, and am more preoccupied with life outside the internet. It's no big deal one way or the other, if not modded I'll just remain a regular who fags around the BBS. If modded, well that would just make my day.

~Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:17:50

id like to be a mod coz i wanna be just like my hero Wade, he is a major asshole and i wanna be just like that.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:24:48

i would like to be a forum Mod or a Review Mod. i Know my Post count Isn't very High but i browse the bbs for a few houres every day and i think i woudl be good at it. i would also like if i cannot be a Forum mod to be a revie mod because i check reviews often and nearly every submission has abusive reviews.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:25:46

I'd personally prefer to be a forum mod, as it is where I am most experienced.
I hail from the land down under, so I'm usually on starting around this time, and ending in about 7 or 8 hours.

Interesting thread you've got here

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:38:05

I would probably enjoy being a forum Mod or a Review Mod as they are where I spend most my time on Newgrounds. Im pretty mature compaired to others (which isnt much of a claim in some cases) and I try to make vaugely intelligent posts. I see things go unpunished quite often and often see lockable threads before the mods do. Having said that it would probably be abad idea to have me as a mod as I am usually quick to anger at the posts I find spammy or not that inteligent even if they are perfectly legitimate and have been known to hold a grudge against people I dont like. Also Im still relativly new here so Im still learning the ropes.

Thats both sides of my case for mod ship. I probably will never achieve it as there will always be better people for the job, but you asked so here was my view on a modship.
e-v

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 03:42:16

I think I could help by being a Fourm and Icon mod
Forum Mod
I've made several topics that were and would still be helpfull to Newgrounds and i've been the driving force behind the ASM on several diff stretches of time. How was I a driving force even though I had no mystical moding powers...well ill tell you. There were several months were I was the only member handing out sigs and helping new sig makers get started not to mention all the dam flame wars I ended in that topic with out bringing in or even mentioning a mod. When I was active in the ASM I kept a detailed ToDo List and updated it every few pages which is why things went so smoothly when I was active there. I've contributed well over 300 some odd Sig pics and Avitars in my time here and plan to contribute as many more as im willing to make. I've been comming here since Jan '07' and rember I wanted an account but didnt want to pay for a grounds gold account<sillyme> which finally dawned on me in '09' when I made my first account...which is long since gone due to the fact that I forgot the name and the login info like the next day. But i dont knock myself for that simply cause Newgrounds was the Thrid site on the internet I found...the First two being Neopets.com followed by Bolt.com. Then one day I happened upon Newgrounds and this has been my E-home ever since. Ive been a very loyal member of this community even though ive had my fair share of spaming, flamming and extented vacations. But in my defense I really had no idea how to act on the internet untill maybe around post 100 or so. My grammer isnt the best...hell I wouldnt even call it average for my age but most of my post over the years were intelegent and help to some point. Not to mention a few of the Topics ive made that were blaintly helpfull to all who read em. I'm a nice person and im dam good at seeing things from someone elses perspcetive. But that dosent mean I cant be a hard ass when its needed. I dont hold grudges or cause drama. Im an all around fair guy who has seen the best and worst this site has had to offer for dam near 10 years now.
I've not been active these past two months cause I needed a break to try and get money to go to school and get my car going but as of late ive been comming back around so I can see the new layout when it comes out. Sunday to Thursday I come on for an hour or two before i crash out but the weekends my time can span entire days if I didnt have any plans prior to logging in.
Icon Mod
Aside from the fact ive submitted around 50 icons over last winter I feel I would be a good Icon mod cause I have an artistic eye and ive shown my attention to deatials in the ASM and various other topics that took me hours of reading and organizing text and links and images simply so things would look right and be reader friendly not to metion I enjoyed making icons so much id actualy be willing to put in the time and effort to help out in a more constructive mannner then putting pretty links in a topic. Now im not clamming to be a artest or something fancy like that but im willing to say id be able to tell if an icon fits a submission simply by wathing the submission it was submitted for.
----------Thus concluds my reasons for wanting to be a Forum and Icon Mod

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:01:57

I would make an excellent everything moderator. I am good. I would do a good job at moderating everything.
I am good at many things. I can go many minutes without blinking my eyes, and my movements are unthreatening and ravishing. I will clean the website like no other before me.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:20:34

i would like to be a forum mod because i deserve it. i am so gangsta yo, its not even funny.

im so west side'n here, im almost going east, yo. yo yo.....duncan yo yo.

im such a gangsta that if you saw me you would be like "word yo, you a gansta yo. so gansta that you are your own gang yo" and i would be like "yo shit yo. im true that gansta me. so gangsta that i amke other gangs think im gangsta."

im'bout to pop a cap of pringels from yo ass.

im so yo'n, that i am like the yo master, yo.

so thats why i should be god of the pigeons, and forum mod. because i have a poodle. beat that. ha!

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:22:20

i wud make a gud mod bcuz im gay like the othres

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:23:56

While I'd like to be any kind of Mod, realistically I feel like I'd make a good review mod, as I frequently flag abusive ones, and feel as if I have a good eye for what is or isn't abusive, or an icon mod as I've been making alot of those and have no intention of stopping any time soon.

I'd like to be a forum mod, but I lack experience on the forums.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:27:27

Dear Mr. Fulp

When I found out you were taking moderator proposals, I was filled with joy, for you see, it has been my dream for a long time to become a moderator on Newgrounds. I know what you’re thinking. “Why the hell does this guy think he’s so goddam special?” Well Mr. Fulp, I’m about to tell you why I’m so goddamn special.

First and foremost, I posses a good balance of sensibility and humour. I can be mature and honest when I need to be, but at the same time I don’t walk around with a stick up my ass. I enjoy a good joke as much as I enjoy tea and crumpets. And I’m a man who enjoys tea and crumpets.

Secondly, I am not a dumbass. The job of any moderator is to have some form of intelligence, and I assure you, I have a brain. Without my brain I could not write this proposal or put my pants on the correct way. This brain would allow me to moderate Newgrounds in the proper fashion, something that a moderator must do.

So what sort of moderator would I like to be? My first choice would be to become a forum moderator because I am browsing the forums constantly and have a good idea of how things work. If this were not possible, I would like to be an audio mod because enjoy music and I would do a good job. Remember, I have a brain.

So what time(s) would I be on? Due to my ever-changing schedule, I would most likely be logged on from 3am – 10:30am (Newgrounds standard time), but this is bound to change. If selected, I would be able to negotiate set times.

So next time you are thinking of selecting a new moderator, think about me. Think about what qualities I posses, but most importantly, think about what I could bring to Newgrounds. Thank you for reading my proposal and I hope you take me into consideration when the time comes to select a new mod.

Insert-Pie

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:30:16

I would probably choose being a Mod for the general section I am on the BBS posting early in the morning and on the weekends because i really don't have enough to do but if i was a Mod it would give me some kind of responsibility and I promise i wouldn't abuse the privelige of being a Moderator.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:32:31

Mod? Who wants to be a MOD?

I would make a great admin though.

https://www.facebook.com/BBQBBM You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the BBQBEEFBURGERMAN, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:38:38

Forum mod. Often when I am on, there are no other mods and the place can get a fair bit of spam. I also can have the ability to be an annoying cunt when I have to be yet am normally a fair person.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:55:24

Review mod because that could be a really decent part of the site but isn't. Check out the review section on IMDB for films, they have both external reviews and the sub forums for each films at the bottom. I think it'd be good if there was the usual reviews that are here atm, and also more proffesional reviews submitted by picked users and they could get some sort of acclaim for the reviews they leave.

Forum mod becuase i'm here alot.. that's about it.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 04:56:49

i would be a fourum mod because there are alot of crappy posts that make no sence and it realy annoys me like the one about old man pubes currently on now

"The thought of a giant dripping dick that protrudes out of a hole cut in the middle of my kitchen table similar to a glory hole is all I need to get my day going." -BlueHippo

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 05:03:44

I think it would be neat to be an audio moderater. Not because I go there a lot or because I enjoy it, but because it would be funny to hear those abosolute crap entries and being able to delete them :) (unless of course its stated that it was meant to be funny?) Im ussually on at 5pm to 9pm AEST thats like GMT+10 I don;t know what it is on your time sorry :(

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 05:11:46

I wouldnt mind being a REVIEW mod as reviewing has become much of the best part of what i like about newgrounds, and with the ever growing abusive reviews i find myself flaging as much as i can on a daily basis, over the years i ahve learned more and more about better review styles i think i would make a decent review mod...

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 05:23:10

Hey, my choice would to be a review moderator. I know how it feels to be banned but I understand the reasons for it, therefore I wouldn't mind to be a review mod. Because flash animation was originally the central focus of this site reviews are crucial to uphold NG's rep for being an awesome site; if people read abusive reviews than some may think badly of the site. This would be a great goal for me and would an awesome job that I would look forward to do.

Cheers ~Night-Ranger

BBS Signature