00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,607 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-19 12:01:41

about to finish "onichan dakedo", any other to recommend?

a harem where the man actually gets a girl would be interesting

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-19 12:16:15

So if I were to get into Monster, should I go for the anime or manga? Any significant differences?

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-19 17:44:18

At 5/19/13 12:01 PM, kakalxlax wrote: about to finish "onichan dakedo", any other to recommend?

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-19 19:39:45

At 5/19/13 12:01 PM, kakalxlax wrote: about to finish "onichan dakedo", any other to recommend?

The only one I can think of right now is The World God Only Knows (A.K.A. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
Now THAT main character gets shit done.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-20 02:35:09

Hey Anime Club, should I animetize my avatar?

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-20 12:50:23

At 5/19/13 07:39 PM, PWJP wrote:

The only one I can think of right now is The World God Only Knows (A.K.A. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
Now THAT main character gets shit done.

i just saw season 1 so no spoilers about S2, but he doesnt end up with neither of them

At 5/20/13 02:35 AM, silverspecks wrote: Hey Anime Club, should I animetize my avatar?

yes

At 5/19/13 05:44 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru?

thanks, it seems cool, ill check it out

Say no to rape.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-20 18:43:57

At 5/20/13 02:35 AM, silverspecks wrote: Hey Anime Club, should I animetize my avatar?

You should get a new one, its hideous.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-20 19:05:53

At 5/20/13 06:43 PM, sweet21 wrote:

What about it is hideous? It is the cartoon version of how I look irl.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-21 11:57:55

At 5/20/13 07:05 PM, silverspecks wrote:
At 5/20/13 06:43 PM, sweet21 wrote:
What about it is hideous? It is the cartoon version of how I look irl.

Bland, made in MS paint, lacks depth, you have an incredibly prominent adams apple and giant lips and this whole time I though your avatar was suppose to be a girl.

Anyway, now playing Final Fantasy 9. Im on my way to Burmecia.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-21 14:00:27

Anyone want to get an anime stream going one of these days? On this hard drive I've got Code Geass, Cowbop, Eva, K-On season 1 and Oreimo season 1 if no one has anything better to watch.

At 5/21/13 11:57 AM, sweet21 wrote: Anyway, now playing Final Fantasy 9. Im on my way to Burmecia.

Well that's pretty gosh darn swell. Have you played many of the others?

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-21 14:56:04

Final fantasy 9 is the only final fantasy i've played through. I like the settings, music, and characters but the gameplay is really tiring, which is why I don't feel like playing any other games in the series.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-21 14:59:08

At 5/21/13 11:57 AM, sweet21 wrote:
Bland, made in MS paint, lacks depth, you have an incredibly prominent adams apple and giant lips and this whole time I though your avatar was suppose to be a girl.

Well you're wrong about it being made in MS paint. I use a flash program for all my pictures. And as for the size of my adams apple and lips, that's all really a matter of opinion. "Bland?" It's just a portrayal of an actual face after all. I'll admit that it lacks depth. I wasn't going for any awards so I didn't include shading. Good day.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 02:21:49

At 5/21/13 02:00 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 5/21/13 11:57 AM, sweet21 wrote: Anyway, now playing Final Fantasy 9. Im on my way to Burmecia.
Well that's pretty gosh darn swell. Have you played many of the others?

I beat 6 and Dissidia.

I found Rammuh, now I have to do some side quest so I can use him as a summon. Was there a name change committee between 6 and 9? I thought Rammuh was an Esper not...whatever they call him as of now.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 12:04:59

CONFIRMING
I WILL BE GOING TO A CONVENTION THIS YEAR!

Anime Evolution, it'll be glorious!

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 13:08:43

At 5/21/13 02:56 PM, DeIirium wrote: Final fantasy 9 is the only final fantasy i've played through. I like the settings, music, and characters but the gameplay is really tiring, which is why I don't feel like playing any other games in the series.

The combat is actually slower in VI and IX than most of the other games in the series, even if you turn battle speed up to maximum, and most of the games tweak the battle systems a little. You might find some of the others more enjoyable.

At 5/22/13 02:21 AM, sweet21 wrote: I found Rammuh, now I have to do some side quest so I can use him as a summon. Was there a name change committee between 6 and 9? I thought Rammuh was an Esper not...whatever they call him as of now.

I think Eidolon was the original term, since they used that in IV, and IV was the first to have summons. The names change for every FF world, IV, IX, XIII and I think Dissidia for the most part call them eidolons. X calls them aeons, VI and the Ivalice games call them espers (or scions since square can't into consistency). VIII calls them guardian forces (GFs, which gets confusing) and goes full retard with the concept. The rest mainly call them summons or summoned monsters.

There's lots of random names that get reused and arbitrarily cycled. Lindblum for example, is a town in IX but an airship in XIII.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 13:20:11

At 5/22/13 12:04 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: CONFIRMING

I went to an anime con last summer. Full of sweat and awkwardness and overpriced merch. I'd say they're only worth going if someone you admire is going to have a panel or something.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 13:54:28

There's a con around here every summer which is creatively named "anime con". I went there last year because Yoshihiro Takahashi, the creator of the Ginga series was there. This year Spoony is going to be there so I'm going again since I like some of his videos, even though he's kind of insane.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 14:01:16

At 5/22/13 01:54 PM, DeIirium wrote: This year Spoony is going to be there so I'm going again since I like some of his videos, even though he's kind of insane.

Spoony was at a con here last summer but I couldn't make it. Hope they try to get him again.

He has calmed down a lot since he got that new girlfriend.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 16:33:48

I've had Akira on DVD sitting around for a while and I finally decided to watch it. Good film, but I reckon I'll have to watch it again at some point to understand it fully. My attention wandered a few times during the film, which probably didn't help. I think it's one of the better anime films I've seen.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 17:52:04

At 5/22/13 04:33 PM, Dean wrote: I've had Akira on DVD sitting around for a while and I finally decided to watch it. Good film, but I reckon I'll have to watch it again at some point to understand it fully. My attention wandered a few times during the film, which probably didn't help. I think it's one of the better anime films I've seen.

Well it's a 2-hour-long (I actually don't remember how long it is but whatever) movie adaptation of a manga the size of a phone book. Details were lost, so you might also need to check up a thing or two online to fill all the holes.
Still a good movie, as long as you don't watch it dubbed...by the way, was your copy dubbed or subbed?

KANEDAAAAAAAA!!! TETSUOOOOOOOOO!!!

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 18:03:59

At 5/22/13 05:52 PM, PWJP wrote: Still a good movie, as long as you don't watch it dubbed...by the way, was your copy dubbed or subbed?

Pretty sure it had Jap and English audio. I chose English, as I usually do. I never watch things subbed unless I have to. I think people really blow the whole "crappy English voice acting" thing out of proportion. If you're suggesting the Akira voice acting was bad, I don't really see how. At no point did I think it was noticeably bad. If it makes a difference, I was watching the remastered version, which I gather has a different dub to the original version.

But yea, I rarely watch things subbed. I don't like having to read subtitles because it means I literally can't take my eyes off the screen without missing something.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-22 18:29:16

I've just seen the ending to a really depressing game. The only other mediums of entertainment that I've been that mind blowingly depressed over are anime and music. I already have 2 songs which will depress me for all my life but I need an anime to watch. Can you guys recommend me some really depressing animes?

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-23 04:13:14

At 5/22/13 01:20 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 5/22/13 12:04 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: CONFIRMING

I went to an anime con last summer. Full of sweat and awkwardness and overpriced merch. I'd say they're only worth going if someone you admire is going to have a panel or something.

Scott McNeil gets an invite every year and apparently shows up a lot. Yuri Lowenthal will be there aswell and the cast of TeamFourStar too.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-23 05:38:38

At 5/22/13 06:29 PM, aListers wrote: Can you guys recommend me some really depressing animes?

Grave of the Fireflies
Texhnolyze
Now and Then, Here and There
Battle Angel (to a lesser extent)

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-23 07:34:02

At 5/22/13 06:29 PM, aListers wrote: I've just seen the ending to a really depressing game. The only other mediums of entertainment that I've been that mind blowingly depressed over are anime and music. I already have 2 songs which will depress me for all my life but I need an anime to watch.

Rainbow is pretty depressing, though it is quite optimistic also.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-23 20:39:48

At 5/22/13 06:29 PM, aListers wrote: I've just seen the ending to a really depressing game. The only other mediums of entertainment that I've been that mind blowingly depressed over are anime and music. I already have 2 songs which will depress me for all my life but I need an anime to watch. Can you guys recommend me some really depressing animes?

Madoka Magica bummed me out (not necessarily depressed). It had no happy momments until the bitter sweet end.

after that I got nothing

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-23 20:47:00

At 5/22/13 06:29 PM, aListers wrote: Can you guys recommend me some really depressing animes?

The Usagi Drop manga is incredibly upsetting imo

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-24 01:33:29

At 5/22/13 04:33 PM, Dean wrote: I've had Akira on DVD sitting around for a while and I finally decided to watch it. Good film, but I reckon I'll have to watch it again at some point to understand it fully. My attention wandered a few times during the film, which probably didn't help. I think it's one of the better anime films I've seen.

I read the first manga and I do agree with this there's a LOT of shit going on which requires more then one viewing.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-24 17:18:42

angel beats

Say no to rape.

Response to Anime Club 2013-05-26 21:30:27

At 5/23/13 08:47 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
The Usagi Drop manga is incredibly upsetting imo

Really? I think it is mostly giggles until the last volume

BBS Signature