New Topic Respond to this Topic
Edward
Edward
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-01 12:17:02 Reply

At 3/1/11 07:51 AM, SomaGuye wrote: Fuck you. Spring 2011.

Tiger & Bunny, X-Men, [C], Showa Monogatari, Deadman Wonderland, Appleseed XIII, and Gintama as soon as I catch up to it. Maybe a pinch of 30-sai and Maria+Holic for shits and giggles. I think the last time I followed something as it aired was the latter half of Code Geass R2 or Gundam 00 S2.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-01 13:09:21 Reply

At 3/1/11 07:51 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
Fuck you. Spring 2011.

Are you guys ready....FOR A-CHANNEL?!

Anime Club

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-01 19:51:31 Reply

I rather enjoyed what I have read of Toriko so far so I think the anime is worth at least a shot.

yuuuui157
yuuuui157
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-01 20:52:46 Reply

Count me in to anime club

Anime Club

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-01 21:05:23 Reply

At 3/1/11 11:06 AM, Mendou wrote: G-Gundam is one of the best Super-robot titles ever made. You owe it to yourself to watch that shit on the double. And aside from some of the robots' goofy designs and stereotypes, it really is a fun, engaging show. With an excellent soundtrack, and a satisfying conclusion to boot.

Heh, good to know.

Might as well post the Spring anime I'm interested in, too:
Steins;Gate
Gundam Unicorn #3
Kaiji S2
[C]
Deadman Wonderland
Hidan no Aria

Although it haven't been specifically planned for Spring release, the Fate/zero anime should air sometime this year and I'm definitely watching that.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-02 16:29:17 Reply

Just finished reading Onani Master Kurosawa, it was really good. Anyone else heard of it?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-02 16:49:02 Reply

At 2/28/11 09:50 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: So what are you guys planning on watching this spring?

Well, I don't know if you guys do torrents or what in order to watch anime as soon as it comes out, but I might watch any of the following if they eventually come out in America or I find a megaupload/mediafire/etc. link.

Appleseed XIII
Deadman Wonderland
[C] the Money of Soul and Possibility Control
X Men
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail
Ao no Exorcist
Onigamiden

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
UCanCallMeJesus
UCanCallMeJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-02 16:53:37 Reply

I finished Kaleido Star. imo was kinda average. Story line was interesting and animation wasn't bad but there was nothing that really caught my mind and made it good though. On top of that if you try watching any of the dubbed versions use ear buds or something. Voices are extremely annoying in the dubs and they made Sora sound like shes 5 when the her character was pretty clearly in her late teens or early 20's. Ran I little longer then I like but wasn't too many episodes to handle.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-02 16:58:22 Reply

Saw Ponyo the other day and even though people say it's more for kids, I thought it appealed to myself quite well. I loved it, except Ponyo and Sosuke's voice actors in English. They were annoying.

I thought it was funny when I heard Betty White's voice playing one of the old ladies.

Click my sig for three free lounge/downtempo EPs
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-02 19:02:48 Reply

At 3/2/11 04:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Is there a 3rd season on Black Lagoon? I watched the first two and completely forgot about it.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-02 20:15:42 Reply

At 3/2/11 07:02 PM, JaY11 wrote:
At 3/2/11 04:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Is there a 3rd season on Black Lagoon? I watched the first two and completely forgot about it.

it's an OVA slowly being released

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4901/Black_
Lagoon
:_Robertas_Blood_Trail

BBS Signature
Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 00:15:01 Reply

At 3/2/11 04:53 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: I finished Kaleido Star. imo was kinda average. Story line was interesting and animation wasn't bad but there was nothing that really caught my mind and made it good though.

I found it anything but average. Story is nothing to write home about, but KS's plot is a simple one that thrives on sincerity. I loved how Sora just kept getting back up, even after the way she was first treated, and how Layla originally perceived her.

It was upbeat, and quite moving.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 00:27:17 Reply

At 3/2/11 04:29 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Just finished reading Onani Master Kurosawa, it was really good. Anyone else heard of it?

Sounds like a ripoff of the REAL Kurosawa. AKA Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa.

Sorry man, it can't compare to the real thing. Also I noticed:

"In the manga Onani Master Kurosawa, the main character, Kakeru Kurosawa, often masturbates after classes in the rarely used girl's bathroom on the third floor of his school. Aya Kitahara, a girl who is the subject of frequent bullying, later blackmails Kurosawa, calls him the "Catcher in the Girl's Bathroom".
Later in Chapter 25, Page 9, of this manga, he tells Kitahara "After all, I'm just a guy in the girl's bathroom playing Catcher in the Rye". This manga was later turned into an actual novel under the title of "Catcher in the Toilet."

What the ever loving fuck are these japanese manga writers thinking? Why reference the Catcher in the Rye in such a stupid context?

I guess it's typical of you to have found such a perverse series to your liking.

Anime Club

UCanCallMeJesus
UCanCallMeJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 01:28:58 Reply

At 3/3/11 12:15 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 3/2/11 04:53 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: I finished Kaleido Star. imo was kinda average. Story line was interesting and animation wasn't bad but there was nothing that really caught my mind and made it good though.
I found it anything but average. Story is nothing to write home about, but KS's plot is a simple one that thrives on sincerity. I loved how Sora just kept getting back up, even after the way she was first treated, and how Layla originally perceived her.

It was upbeat, and quite moving.

The animation looked like it was quickly done. No real effort in it. Reminds me of the animation in Naruto. I also found it extremely predictable. To the point where you can watch one episode then predict what will happen in the next three and be pretty close. It was cute and made me laugh quietly in some places but I don't think that made it anything special.
Also, i'm checking out Texhnolyze right now. It is a interesting anime. A little hard to watch through the first few episodes because there is not much content but it starts getting really good like 10 episodes in. I'm on like 19 right now and I will probably finish up tomorrow.

BBS Signature
Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 01:47:39 Reply

At 3/3/11 01:28 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote:
At 3/3/11 12:15 AM, Mendou wrote:

I also found it extremely predictable. To the point where you can watch one episode then predict what will happen in the next three and be pretty close.

In shows like these, it's all about the journey, not the destination. You damn kids and your "GIVE ME CONVOLUTED 'PLOT TWIST' OVER CLOSURE"

Also, i'm checking out Texhnolyze right now.

That one looks alright. I'm watching City Hunter right now, and right next to maybe Master Keaton. it's one of the best episodic animes I've seen. Just loads of humor, loads of retro style and loads of fun. I cannot believe it's taken me this long to see it, should have watched it years back.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 04:33:57 Reply

At 3/3/11 01:28 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Also, i'm checking out Texhnolyze right now. It is a interesting anime. A little hard to watch through the first few episodes because there is not much content but it starts getting really good like 10 episodes in. I'm on like 19 right now and I will probably finish up tomorrow.

My god how do you and soma find so much spare time? I've got none these days whatsoever

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 08:36:23 Reply

Texhnolyze is very cool. It just has the ultimate downer ending. The soundtrack is also good. I have it on my zune.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 10:41:54 Reply

At 3/3/11 04:33 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My god how do you and soma find so much spare time? I've got none these days whatsoever

I don't constantly refresh p4k looking for the latest new music to pretend to like.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 12:04:53 Reply

that hurt :<

also just watched durarara special ep 1, (i think it's meant to be 12.5), pretty cool. the standard drrr stuff, aliens, ufos, shizuo, mystery macguffins, bunny ears, etc. neat

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 12:57:50 Reply

Jesus fuck my internet is irritating. It's going to take a decade just to watch G Gundam (well, it's not like I have anything better to do). The dub was alright from what I saw of the first seven minutes.

Also, Infinite Stratos just had a beach episode today. Isn't that refreshing and original? Can't wait for the festival episode!!!

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 18:24:10 Reply

At 3/3/11 08:36 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Texhnolyze is very cool. It just has the ultimate downer ending. The soundtrack is also good. I have it on my zune.

I have the first two DVDs, yeah it's fucking epic. I need to get the rest though. Wait, did ADV distribute that before they went under?

Click my sig for three free lounge/downtempo EPs
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
UCanCallMeJesus
UCanCallMeJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 18:28:39 Reply

At 3/3/11 04:33 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My god how do you and soma find so much spare time? I've got none these days whatsoever

Not that hard when you have no social life offline and no one in my area is hiring right now. Went job hunting today and it was a total failure didn't get a single application and I spent like 5 hours. I got a few recommendations though that I will be checking out tomorrow.

Texhnolyze Spoilers Time. Don't read if you ever plan on watching this.

Finished up Texhnolyze. It had a fitting yet very depressing ending. Almost everyone got turned in to meat sacks. Onishi kills Ran then Onishi gets killed by the few people left alive for being part of Organo. Ichise gets pissed because the other people left alive killed Onishi so he kills all the other people left alive. So nothing ever changed Rans prophecy ended up coming true; Ichise killed everyone and in the end he was left all alone. In the end it shows Ichise as the last human left alive in the lower world watching a hologram then it fades to black while playing a sad song and running the credits. Really good anime but its really down to earth. You also kinda have to motivate yourself to watch the first few episodes or you'll drop it fast. It's extremely boring at first.

BBS Signature
UCanCallMeJesus
UCanCallMeJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 18:34:37 Reply

Also BBM you should request that they add spoiler tags to the forum for this club on the next update. This is one of the oldest and biggest clubs on NG's so its kinda pathetic that we don't have spoiler tags. Sry for double post.

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 20:04:23 Reply

At 3/3/11 12:57 PM, towelie101 wrote: Jesus fuck my internet is irritating. It's going to take a decade just to watch G Gundam (well, it's not like I have anything better to do). The dub was alright from what I saw of the first seven minutes.

Disregard that, found some good links. As I said, the dub isn't too bad, and the music/score was good (DAT RIFF DURING SOPHIA'S RESCUE).

SHINING FINGER!

Anime Club

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 20:12:38 Reply

At 3/3/11 08:04 PM, towelie101 wrote: SHINING FINGER!

Are you... STREAMING?

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 20:20:41 Reply

At 3/3/11 08:04 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 3/3/11 12:57 PM, towelie101 wrote: Jesus fuck my internet is irritating. It's going to take a decade just to watch G Gundam (well, it's not like I have anything better to do). The dub was alright from what I saw of the first seven minutes.
Disregard that, found some good links. As I said, the dub isn't too bad, and the music/score was good (DAT RIFF DURING SOPHIA'S RESCUE).

SHINING FINGER!

Master Asia is evil.

Also, this video leads me to believe K-ON! is the spiritual successor to Cowboy Bebop.

Anime Club

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 20:23:48 Reply

At 3/3/11 08:12 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 3/3/11 08:04 PM, towelie101 wrote: SHINING FINGER!
Are you... STREAMING?

Nope, I found some shitty .rvmbs that I got because they aren't large files. Don't really give a shit about quality, I'm still enjoying it.

Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 20:39:15 Reply

At 3/3/11 08:37 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 3/3/11 08:23 PM, towelie101 wrote:
SHINING FINGER!
THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER! IT'S BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL OF MY SORROW! SHINIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG FINGEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Get a BURNING GRIP DOMON.

How are you gonna win the tournament otherwise?

Anime Club

Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-03-03 20:47:29 Reply

At 3/3/11 08:39 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:

Get a BURNING GRIP DOMON.

How are you gonna win the tournament otherwise?

Schwarz Bruder? Mind your own business.

Anime Club

BBS Signature