00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,028 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-13 08:10:03

I started watching Rin: the Daughter of Mnemosyne. This is some perverted shit. kinda cool so far, though.

At 4/12/11 02:15 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: (I'm on windows 7 btw)
What media players do you guys use?

I use the regular WMP and I use VLC sometimes.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-13 19:24:50

Another good episode of Steins;Gate this week.

Ruka is a hot trap, and tricked me for a few seconds before the dialogue revealed he was a man.

Though from VN spoilers, he does actually become a girl later (since it did mention the multi-verse/parallel world stuff, I assume he switched places with a girl version of himself during time travel/paradox).

Okarin has an awesome laugh, by the way.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-13 19:48:21

cba with steins gate, sounds too convoluted, may watch . currently watching nichijou, tiger + bunny (tho may drop i think), hanasaku iroha, dororon enma-kun meramera and i suppose paella magi madoka magica also counts.

also started watching tatami galaxy, very fun, loving all the references to different episodes within each.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-13 21:13:20

At 4/13/11 07:48 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: cba with steins gate, sounds too convoluted, may watch

It's not as complicated as it sounds, imo, but I guess that's expected when your work revolves around time travel.

The characters make up for that, and it has superb voice acting.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-14 05:10:00

At 4/13/11 09:13 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 4/13/11 07:48 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: cba with steins gate, sounds too convoluted, may watch
It's not as complicated as it sounds, imo, but I guess that's expected when your work revolves around time travel.

The characters make up for that, and it has superb voice acting.

KANA HANAZAWA oh yeah man her voice would make me watch anything.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-14 11:15:22

At 4/12/11 02:15 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: (I'm on windows 7 btw)
What media players do you guys use?

I used to have VLC, but I didn't really care for it too much, considering it was constantly freezing and sometimes crashing, especially at the good parts. Now I stick to WMP and CCCP for my anime viewing, since it's so much better to use on Windows 7 anyway.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-14 18:18:22

At 4/13/11 07:48 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: also started watching tatami galaxy, very fun, loving all the references to different episodes within each.

I couldn't help myself and marathoned through it, oh. my. god.

If I had to describe it to you, I'd have to go with something like "how the endless eight should have been handled". It's got almost exactly the same message, but somehow i care, because instead of just wearing different coloured yukatas exciting stuff happens! OMG! Watashi's dry, cynical and sarcastic internal monologue is nothing new (although the speed at which he delivers it might be), but it just fit well. blah blah blah i could gush about this for hours

While the animation isn't that ultra-high fidelity kyoani stuff that i'm used to, some neat tricks such as the rotoscoping/animating over real video footage kept it interesting (although that only really appeared in later eps), and anyway the simple design really helped some of the characters (well just ozu really) stand out. It wasn't a series crying for beautiful soft lighting and gorgeous backdrops anyway.
Easy 9/10, maybe even 10.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-15 10:29:33

Ano Hana has the best first episode this season. It really hit me hard.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-15 16:21:26

At 4/15/11 10:29 AM, SomaGuye wrote: Ano Hana has the best first episode this season. It really hit me hard.

Yeah I enjoyed, interesting to see if they can make something out of this. Hope they don't focus on jinta too much it seems like he could turn into a bit of a whiny protagonist too quickly

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-15 17:35:56

At 4/15/11 04:21 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 4/15/11 10:29 AM, SomaGuye wrote: Ano Hana has the best first episode this season. It really hit me hard.
Yeah I enjoyed, interesting to see if they can make something out of this. Hope they don't focus on jinta too much it seems like he could turn into a bit of a whiny protagonist too quickly

This scene man, this scene right here.
SPOILERS LOL
;_;

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-16 18:43:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Vav3Lq2 -g

Well, P4A looks promising.

Meguro's score is gonna be fucking epic.

>dat izanagi

Since Yukiko's castle is there (as well as Shadow Yosuke), it doesn't seem like it'll be a complete [genre] shift from the game.

ARE YOU FUCKERS READY TO REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH?

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-17 09:47:14

Episode 3 of Nichijou nearly killed me, especially Nano/Professor and the cat.

Overall, a great episode though I'm disappointed at the lack of gundere and Sasahara.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-18 10:30:23

One of my favorite directors, and one of the founding members of Madhouse Studios passed away on the 17th. He was 67 years old. What a major loss, he made some of my favorite series of all time, and he had such a abundance of talent. My thoughts go out to his family(who're hopefully alright from the tsunami's and earthquake).

I highly recommend you folks take the time to check out his works and see for yourself how creative he was; my personal favorites are the Black Jack ova series, Rose of Versailles and Ie Naki Ko(Nobody's Boy: Remi). He was also director for Golgo 13: The Professional(Also Queen Bee), The Clannad and Air films, Ace wo Nerae!, Oniisama e... and Ashita no Joe

First Kon, now Dezaki...

R.I.P.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-18 10:46:06

At 4/18/11 10:30 AM, Mendou wrote: One of my favorite directors, and one of the founding members of Madhouse Studios passed away on the 17th. He was 67 years old.

I haven't seen any of his work but I heard

Black Jack ova series, Rose of Versailles

are very good. It sure is a loss for the industry, why couldn't it have been Yamakan instead.

In currently airing news, Deadman Wonderland was pretty awesome. I think this will be my favourite action series this season.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-18 12:30:19

At 4/18/11 10:30 AM, Mendou wrote: One of my favorite directors, and one of the founding members of Madhouse Studios passed away
R.I.P.

Yeah, heard the news on the interbuzz last night, I haven't seen any of his stuff yet but I have blackjack on my hitlist, gonna have to hit that up soon in memory.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-18 14:44:29

I recently started watching the Golgo 13 animated series, it's really good. I haven't seen the films though.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-19 05:22:52

in regards to media players, i just regular WMP as well

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-19 06:41:46

just watched. very interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-19 17:42:39

i am saved! thank u!.... is there a Chibi Club out there??

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-20 03:05:46

Just watched IS and I gotta say it was completely shit. The only thing that I really thought was decent was the animation. Its nothing but fanservice and the story line was flimsy at best. I kept hoping it would get better but it never happened. I dont understand why it is so popular. If this is the direction anime is going im not gonna be watching it for long T_T

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-20 07:11:11

At 4/20/11 03:05 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Just watched IS and I gotta say it was completely shit.

Sucks for you because it'll be getting a second series.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-20 08:51:11

Did y'all hear that there's going to be another Rurouni Kenshin series? Hopefully, the animation will be more fluid in this one. I hate it when fight scenes are full of still frames or shots that look almost like still frames aside from a little moving hair or something, like a slideshow of comic book panels with flashing lights behind them. Rurouni Kenshin wasn't always like that all the time, but it could have had more fluid animation. I loved it when I was around 13 or 14 or so, though. I still have the whole series on DVD and watch it occasionally for nostalgia.

At 4/18/11 02:44 PM, DeIirium wrote: I recently started watching the Golgo 13 animated series, it's really good. I haven't seen the films though.

I still haven't started the series, but I have the whole thing. The Professional is abosultely kickass. I hated Queen Bee, though.

I tried to open myanimelist to see what else Dezaki has done because his name is definitely familiar, but it's not working right now. I've heard of Black Jack plenty, even though I still haven't gotten to see any of the series or OVAs.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-21 16:28:43

can i join :) love anime yeahhhh baby join join join :P

http://jameshendersonlaky.webs.com/

~imagine before you create beauty~

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-21 19:41:19

Avoiding Madoka spoilers while waiting for the subs is hell.

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-21 21:08:21

i refuse to go on 4ch or animebytes or anywhere before i watch it lol

hurry up yesy

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-22 14:53:13

At 4/21/11 09:08 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: i refuse to go on 4ch or animebytes or anywhere before i watch it lol

I watched it.

:O

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-22 15:09:53

stupid yesy being slow, had to go download gg's subs... one of the first lines had a typo. Fail.

But yeah watched last two episodes... I enjoyed them, but I can't help but feel that they would have been much better aired over two weeks, a week after episode 10. Ep 11 didn't have time to sink in for me really, and I mean it was awesome and all, but then episode 12 was all BLA BLA BLA. Nice ending, very surprising, I was expecting a proper mindfuck or something, not something kinda neat, kinda obvious, kinda expected, but quite tidy while not being _too_ convenient.

Blue haired friend's final moments were v touching too

But yeah as far as the whole series goes I really enjoyed it, eps 9 and 10 are still highlights for me.

8/10.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-22 21:18:50

At 4/22/11 03:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: But yeah as far as the whole series goes I really enjoyed it, eps 9 and 10 are still highlights for me.

8/10.

Bitch you don't know what the shit you're talking about fucking 10/10

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-23 07:32:28

naww dog its not a 10/10 series.

I mean if I look at each bit individually it's great. Art? Instant 10/10, dem witch zone places fo sho. The sound was incredible, the bgm was much better than most anime. The characters were interesting and multi-faceted, the plot was gripping and kept me guessing, the ending was neat without being convenient...

but I just didn't enjoy it enough for a 10/10.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-04-23 19:47:55

At 4/23/11 07:32 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: but I just didn't enjoy it enough for a 10/10.

Then what, pray tell, are you taking off the other point for?