Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 2,087,975 Views
  • 60,665 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-12 17:00:49 Reply

I like dumb fun, too, like Crying Freeman, or BAOH, or Violence Jack, but all these 10 episode long battle, power up, shonen type shows are still not my thing. If DBZ came out today, I wouldn't make it through one episode. It's only nostalgia that gets me watching it occasionally.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-12 17:52:31 Reply

At 8/12/10 05:46 PM, Mendou wrote: >Gunbuster

>An old gundam toy

Am I really reading this?

>Attempted grren text and reaction image.

Oh wow it's like I'm really on /%u0250/.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-12 17:54:01 Reply

At 8/12/10 05:52 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 8/12/10 05:46 PM, Mendou wrote: >Gunbuster

>An old gundam toy

Am I really reading this?
>Attempted grren text and reaction image.

Oh wow it's like I'm really on /%u0250/.

Hmm, so the upside down /a/ doesn't work, oh well.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-12 23:34:57 Reply

At 8/12/10 04:53 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 8/11/10 07:38 PM, LaForge wrote:

Don't hate on Bleach. It's just dumb fun. There's no deep meaning behind it,
It's not even a matter of 'being deep' or not, Bleach is just plain badly written.

What did you expect, a deep and thought provoking storyline with dead shinigamis {soul reapers} carrying pointy sticks and slicing hollows and each other to bloody bits? It's your generic Shonen Jump action show with filler. But I'm sure you already knew that by now, so we'll move on from here.

I may be beating a dead horse with a stick so to speak, but my biggest thing with Bleach is the fillers which have nothing to do with the storyline whatsoever. It just frustrates me that I have to wait until late Saturday night to see if I watch an epic showdown or just more mindless filler.

The movies and the manga on the other hand is far superior to the series, because it gets to the point of the story and not into something irrelevent.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 00:07:58 Reply

Talking about filler, the episode of Dragonball Z where Goku and Piccolo take driving lessons is the best filler episode ever.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 00:11:52 Reply

So I recently finished Ouran and I have to say I liked it

Shojo and Moe are out of my element to be sure but Ouran was genuinely funny and was very fun to watch.

It's not always that I praise something that isn't full of fighting, but Ouran was good.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 00:28:32 Reply

At 8/13/10 12:07 AM, SomaGuye wrote: Talking about filler, the episode of Dragonball Z where Goku and Piccolo take driving lessons is the best filler episode ever.

It was pretty damn funny. Those two were perhaps the worst drivers that have ever lived. The Garlic Jr. Saga was filler and funny, but only for the wrong reasons.


autistic screeching

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 11:53:06 Reply

At 8/12/10 01:45 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 8/12/10 12:50 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Gurren Lagann is the greatest mecha ever.
Nope

Wrong again. Ideon mah boi, or have you forgotten already?

I had an itch for some JoJo the other day so I decided to watch the '93 and the '00 OVAs. The '93 OVA actually comes after the '00 OVA in the series timeline, rather odd IMO.

Some very good stands but I'm partial to Polnareffs' 'Silver Chariot'. The fact that his stand is a sword user just makes me all fuzzy and warm on the inside. Sure, Star Platinum is a fantastic stand and all but he doesn't have a sword. -1 point.

Anime Club


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 12:54:43 Reply

At 8/13/10 11:53 AM, Kisuke wrote: Some very good stands but I'm partial to Polnareffs' 'Silver Chariot'. The fact that his stand is a sword user just makes me all fuzzy and warm on the inside. Sure, Star Platinum is a fantastic stand and all but he doesn't have a sword. -1 point.

Magician's Red is superior. He's a furry AND CAN LIGHT ON YOU GODDAMN FIRE

Anime Club


BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 13:57:23 Reply

I can't believe a stand discussion about the best has gone on without mention of the greatest, most iconic of the stands.

ZA WARUDO!

Anime Club

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 19:07:14 Reply

At 8/13/10 06:52 PM, Mendou wrote: Hey Kisuke, your sig is pretty gay.

JUST SAYIN' BRO.

What are you talking about?

Demons Souls is amazing!

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 19:54:16 Reply

At 8/13/10 11:53 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 8/12/10 01:45 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 8/12/10 12:50 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Gurren Lagann is the greatest mecha ever.
Nope
Wrong again. Ideon mah boi, or have you forgotten already?

I'm partial to Zeta Gundam, but Ideon has coooooooooooooooooool points for being the anime that pretty much put the "Kill 'Em All" nickname on Tomino. Also, Gurren Lagann I am sick of, it was cheesy awesome, but that's it. The fanbase of that show can go fuck themselves because frankly, it's far from the best show ever and they're getting on the level of annoyance of EVA fans (though TTGL is the better series I say). Yeah, that's my tangent and oh hai anime club.

Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 20:31:47 Reply

At 8/13/10 07:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Demons Souls is amazing!

DON'T YOU MEAN, BERSERK?!


BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 20:35:08 Reply

At 8/13/10 08:31 PM, RobotTaco wrote:
At 8/13/10 07:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Demons Souls is amazing!
DON'T YOU MEAN, BERSERK?!

I thought he meant the image

I haven't seen much of Berserk, maybe the first episode

Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 20:53:37 Reply

At 8/13/10 08:35 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I thought he meant the image

I haven't seen much of Berserk, maybe the first episode

No, like, there's a shitload of Berserk references in Demon's Souls. It's kinda frightening.


BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 21:30:43 Reply

So, there I was one day sitting in my classroom. I was bored because the school work was far to easy and I was looking out the window into the courtyard. Then all of a sudden I watched as this notebook appeared to fall from the sky. I knew once class let out I had to check it out...

Anime Club


autistic screeching

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 21:53:03 Reply

Death Note was good

It wasn't lover your head but it was still thought provoking. Not to mention the characters are deep, interesting and likable.

I read it and watched it. Reading it is a little heavy on the eyes because of all the dialog. Still, it's good to know that a manga can be wildly popular with little action in it at all.

Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 22:07:23 Reply

At 8/13/10 09:30 PM, Cootie wrote: to easy

The real Light Yagami would never make this mistake.


BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 22:53:41 Reply

At 8/13/10 09:53 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: It wasn't lover your head but it was still thought provoking. Not to mention the characters are deep, interesting and likable.

Which characters are likable?

As far as I remember, most of the characters were either evil, or kinda annoying.

The only characters I liked were Light's dad, and L.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
firemaker60
firemaker60
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 22:59:23 Reply

This weekend is currently Comiket over in the East, just to let you guys know...

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 23:00:54 Reply

At 8/13/10 10:53 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 8/13/10 09:53 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: It wasn't lover your head but it was still thought provoking. Not to mention the characters are deep, interesting and likable.
Which characters are likable?

As far as I remember, most of the characters were either evil, or kinda annoying.

The only characters I liked were Light's dad, and L.

Light was relatable at the least. He wasn't someone completely eccentric and unreasonable. You could at least understand his intentions. I liked him, he took a realistic approach to delivering justice; but that's just me.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-13 23:16:36 Reply

At 8/13/10 10:59 PM, firemaker60 wrote: This weekend is currently Comiket over in the East, just to let you guys know...

Black Time 2, aww yeah.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 00:22:34 Reply

At 8/13/10 11:00 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Light was relatable at the least. He wasn't someone completely eccentric and unreasonable. You could at least understand his intentions. I liked him, he took a realistic approach to delivering justice; but that's just me.

Excuse me?

Light was a cold, crazy, megalomaniacal arsehole. He manipulated everyone he met. His methods for delivering justice were 'kill all criminals indiscriminately'.

The things he was doing were terrible.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 01:07:27 Reply

At 8/13/10 11:00 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 8/13/10 10:53 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 8/13/10 09:53 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: It wasn't lover your head but it was still thought provoking. Not to mention the characters are deep, interesting and likable.
Which characters are likable?

As far as I remember, most of the characters were either evil, or kinda annoying.

The only characters I liked were Light's dad, and L.
Light was relatable at the least. He wasn't someone completely eccentric and unreasonable. You could at least understand his intentions. I liked him, he took a realistic approach to delivering justice; but that's just me.

I hate when people think L was a good guy and Light was evil. They were both immoral. L doesn't care about justice he just wanted a puzzle to solve. He tortured Misa and that is worse than murder and he was willing to sacrifice criminals before their time in order to catch Light.

They both were warped.


autistic screeching

BBS Signature
brian321
brian321
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 04:33:07 Reply

how many times r we going to have this conversation i thank Light did the right thing


i'm better than you just move on

Wesleyiam
Wesleyiam
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 10:18:58 Reply

At 8/14/10 04:33 AM, brian321 wrote: how many times r we going to have this conversation i thank Light did the right thing

Rofl, what a great time to check on the club.

Good to see gunbuster being discussed here.


It's 5 again, the air is thin.
No sunlight through my window.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 10:40:23 Reply

Light was a massmurdering tyrant. I'm pretty sure crime was low in the third reich, too.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 10:51:45 Reply

Okay I return from my weeks of playing Fate/Extra, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (at a friend's, I have to jack a PS3 from a friend to play it until I get my PS3 fixed), Monster Hunter Tri, and a good few Shin Megami Tensei games (notably Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner 2) and I find A LOT of new posts here. Good to see this place hasn't really died any. :v

At 8/13/10 12:07 AM, SomaGuye wrote: Talking about filler, the episode of Dragonball Z where Goku and Piccolo take driving lessons is the best filler episode ever.

I might be just a bit late but: ^ This I can absolutely agree with


God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."
PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man
Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 13:06:08 Reply

At 8/13/10 12:54 PM, RobotTaco wrote: Magician's Red is superior. He's a furry AND CAN LIGHT ON YOU GODDAMN FIRE

Yeah but Iced made a bitch out him guuud. That would be cool though, lighting shit on fire with your stand.

At 8/13/10 01:57 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I can't believe a stand discussion about the best has gone on without mention of the greatest, most iconic of the stands.

Good stand but Star Platinum was able to do the same in the end and Jo was able to freeze time longer than Dio. Great stand though.

At 8/13/10 06:52 PM, Mendou wrote: JUST SAYIN' BRO.

BITCH ASS HO.

I lost interest so I just used the Gundam font haha.

At 8/13/10 07:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Demons Souls is amazing!

Oh god yes, I fucking love that game. So much replay value in it and I'll be damned if fighting the False King wasn't a pain in the ass.

YOU GONNA GET SOUL SUCKED.

At 8/13/10 07:54 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I'm partial to Zeta Gundam, but Ideon has coooooooooooooooooool points for being the anime that pretty much put the "Kill 'Em All" nickname on Tomino.

Even though I haven't seen Ideon yet I am aware of what happens in the series and just couldn't over look the destruction it causes. I think that anyone who is a fan of mecha in general has at least heard/know of Ideon.

Also, Gurren Lagann I am sick of, it was cheesy awesome, but that's it. The fanbase of that show can go fuck themselves because frankly, it's far from the best show ever and they're getting on the level of annoyance of EVA fans (though TTGL is the better series I say).

I'd have to agree with you. For a lot of newer anime fans it's their first mecha series so I can tolerate them to a T. But it does get a bit absurd from them at times. I picked up the first volume of the manga the other day. It's pretty much the same story line as the anime, just shortened quite a bit. I'm gonna guess it'll be no more than 12 volumes, max. But that is pushing it.

At 8/13/10 08:31 PM, RobotTaco wrote:
At 8/13/10 07:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Demons Souls is amazing!
DON'T YOU MEAN, BERSERK?!

Both are great. I'm thinking about doing a Guts build with a barbarian character. I've got the build specs for it so it's probably going to be pretty intense. Seeing how I don't use magic in that game it'll probably be just the same. It's more satisfying killing the bosses with melee weapons instead of magic. ESPECIALLY Flame Lurker. Damn that was epic as fuck. I admit I bitched out on the False King and just hit him with arrows from afar. God damn, after five times of trying to kill him the normal way I said 'Fuck this' and used my White Bow +1 on him. Took an ass ton of arrows to down that guy.


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
mattuiop
mattuiop
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-14 14:22:04 Reply

Ok... Now I see how many people love anima!