New Topic Respond to this Topic
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 00:50:33 Reply

At 7/28/10 07:58 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: i'm watching welcome to the nhk atm, absolutely love it

Good choice, my absolute favorite Anime I've seen so far.
Not entirely well known either.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 03:36:35 Reply

At 7/28/10 08:30 PM, LaForge wrote: I saw the whole series when it was airing on AS, it's the type of show you don't need to watch twice IMO. Unless you're the type that needs to unravel philosophical puzzles, don't get it.

I would disagree and say it's exactly the type of show that would stand up to multiple viewings.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 03:56:29 Reply

GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN?

Your fearless leader has once again returned.

Been busy with Rare's Nintendo 64 games (Banjo Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, and Jet Force Gemini).

Been watching Kimagure Orange Road, HnK and the Uresei Yatsura movies.

A gold medal will be appointed to someone who likes this stuff otherwise you suck lul.

Anime Club

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 11:11:03 Reply

At 7/28/10 08:30 PM, LaForge wrote: There really isn't must action until you get towards the end, and even then it's confusing and weird.

Well, you're watching the wrong show if you're looking for action.

And I'd watch it multiple times for enjoyment.

At 7/28/10 11:52 PM, Obvious-M wrote: is there anything similar to the shows concept?

ummmmm....I dunno.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 13:42:50 Reply

Heh I am watching all 4 seasons of Yuyu hakusho and its bringing me back not only that I recognize most of the voice actors that play the voices.

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 13:57:43 Reply

At 7/29/10 01:42 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Heh I am watching all 4 seasons of Yuyu hakusho and its bringing me back not only that I recognize most of the voice actors that play the voices.

Shame I never got to see much of it (they never really aired it on canadian channels, I have a dvd of the show, a copy of Poltergeist report and followed the manga with shonen jump monthly for a good while).

It seems to me like one of the better shonen jump releases.

brian321
brian321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 15:18:00 Reply

At 7/29/10 01:42 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Heh I am watching all 4 seasons of Yuyu hakusho and its bringing me back not only that I recognize most of the voice actors that play the voices.

i agree i rewatched it 2 years ago good times

i'm better than you just move on

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 17:52:37 Reply

I just finished it a little while ago.

I love that little music loop they play in like 'tension' scenes.

I missed that show soooo much after it left Toonami

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 18:55:08 Reply

At 7/29/10 05:47 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/29/10 03:56 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Jet Force Gemini
Fuck yea. I was addicted to that game when it came out. I should really dig up my N64 and give it a whirl...

It's not rare's most polished game (the main character designs are a bit off in comparison, however the Mizar Aliens and the Tribals look good) but it's incredibly fun, has brilliant music (as always from rare) and is a cool adventure.

Oh, and stop claiming leadership of the club. You sound like a jackass.

Uh oh, no gold metal for you, Muttley.

Anime Club

Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 21:16:13 Reply

At 7/29/10 03:56 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Been busy with Rare's Nintendo 64 games (Banjo Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, and Jet Force Gemini).

What, no Conker's Bad Fur Day?

Also, I used to play Get Force Gemini at my neighbours house all of the time. The dog was my favourite character to play as.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-29 21:39:46 Reply

At 7/29/10 09:08 PM, LaForge wrote: I was never able to beat it however, I got to a point in the game where I just didn't know where to go or what to do. I killed everything, looked everywhere, and got nowhere.

It's a difficult game to play without a walkthrough, sometimes you might go too far ahead without realizing you're supposed to do something beforehand. What happened with me is that I could never get Vela out of her cell in SS Anubis, then go ahead to the next planet, and hit a point were I couldn't do anything.

Also stick your medal up your asshole, you're not the leader of this club.

*Does so*

MUUUUUUUUUMA MIA!

Anime Club

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-30 00:58:36 Reply

At 7/29/10 12:50 AM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote:
At 7/28/10 07:58 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: i'm watching welcome to the nhk atm, absolutely love it
Good choice, my absolute favorite Anime I've seen so far.
Not entirely well known either.

Well, just finished it, pretty awesome. Ending was a lil wtf, but I suppose most of the anime was. It's a pity you didn't learn anything about Misaki's past until the last couple of episodes, I see the point in terms of plot and pacing but it was driving me mad three quarters of the way through the series or whatever when I still had no idea who she was. Apart from that, great series, well worth the watch, and I doff my hat to the insane ending tune as well.

BBS Signature
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-30 01:33:42 Reply

At 7/30/10 12:58 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Well, just finished it, pretty awesome. Ending was a lil wtf, but I suppose most of the anime was.

I'm not wanting to give away any of the ending to anyone who hasn't seen it. But I found the final conclusion to be extremely real.
The whole series, to me, was both very humorous as well as moving in many ways.
I personally relate a lot to Sato as I've had various bouts of psychosis before along with a number of events that took place within my life that were quite similar to that of what happened in the anime itself.
Yamazaki, from appearance, to voice, to core personality is almost identical with that of my best friend, that is if you were to exchange my friends interest in drugs, to that of an otaku.

There are other "real life," or rather down to earth Anime I've seen which I found to have too much filler.
I like Beck Mongolian Chop Squad, but never finished the whole thing, as I started to get board with things I found unnecessary within the plot.
Of course, even Anime like Trigun had episodes that were not necessary, and still remains one of the best Anime of all time.

I've not been watching much Anime lately, or actually much TV at all. Not exactly sure why.

Also, FUCK YEAH, KERMIT IS BACK!
RESPECT!

Anime Club

brian321
brian321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-30 04:36:32 Reply

just finished toradora i really loved it sad to see it go but it was a great reid i well probably finish watching Clannad soon i like really it so far

i'm better than you just move on

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-30 16:11:36 Reply

Can we please not start another flame war here, please? I don't want another Kermit vs. {insert someone else} on this thread like last time. An enlighted debate on anime is good, a flame war is not.

Back on track here, I'm on ep. 4 of Clannad, and just starting on Votoms, this will probably be the last mecha anime I will watch for a while, considering I have seen a lot of them recently and like to take a break from super-powered robots beating the utter shite out of each other, and blah blah politics that seem to come with it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-30 16:48:11 Reply

At 7/30/10 03:25 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/30/10 01:33 AM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: Also, FUCK YEAH, KERMIT IS BACK!
RESPECT!
Why do you kiss this guy's ass? All he does is post "funny" little comments and tag a picture of some completely irrelevant subject.

So no, no respect.

Why do you talk like a grumpy grump? All you do is make rude and unfunny little comments and tag an insult at the end of your post, directing it aswell in a completely irrelevant subject.

All I've done is brought peace and order in this thread, and I will continue to do so, I WILL BRING ORDER!

Back to anime, Kimagure Orange Road is a wonderful example of a romantic comedy that is actually funny and entertaining, while having elements of romance. It has nice opening and ending themes and a great look. So far, I've seen a few of the OVAs, but it's looking like a very promising series overall. Anyone else know of it?
:Also, Mendou and BaronVonBadGuy, thank you very much for your support and respect.

Anime Club

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-30 22:47:29 Reply

Who gives a shit who 'The Leader' is

As far as anyone here is concerned he's just a figurehead for the organization that REALL pulls the strings

AKA It doesn't matter, just grin and bear it

ALL HAIL OUR DIVINE LEADER KERMIT
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-31 01:01:25 Reply

At 7/30/10 03:25 PM, LaForge wrote: Why do you kiss this guy's ass? All he does is post "funny" little comments and tag a picture of some completely irrelevant subject.

Because I'm using the internet and care a whole lot about it.

Anime Club

Edward
Edward
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-31 15:44:55 Reply

Finished 20th Century Boys a couple of days ago. That really was an epic story. I guess I'll go check out Pluto, by the same author, eventually.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-31 15:46:46 Reply

At 7/31/10 12:16 PM, LaForge wrote: Fine. But I believe Alucard has something for you...

also google pictures "alucard" and get some of the most badass high-res pictures ever to exist.

He looks like a ripoff of Vash the Stampede.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-31 23:21:00 Reply

I've been watching Samurai Champloo since before now I had only seen the first 4 episodes

I have to say I'm very much enjoying it

I also have to give props to Funimation for creating such an easy to access Youtube channel to watch their anime for free

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-31 23:28:14 Reply

Just watched Eve No Jikan, oh wow. Absolutely loved it. Just an OVA, 6 eps and a couple of them were only 15 minutes or so, but wow. The plot was interesting, the characters great and fully fleshed out, and the ending begged for a second series (fingers crossed) (perhaps a little too much, why can so few animes have decent endings?) but what really struck me was the animation. It's quite possibly the most beautiful anime I've seen to date, with stunning lighting and a lot of absolutely amazing panning and camera movement that's just so a-typical of anime. I mean, take a look at this scene... All he's doing is playing the piano and the camera-work's more intense and interesting than most major fight scenes in other animes.

Absolutely stunning.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 00:37:15 Reply

Aren't the GW boyz the greatest protagonists in the history of mankind?

Anime Club

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 01:42:30 Reply

At 8/1/10 12:37 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Aren't the GW boyz the greatest protagonists in the history of mankind?

What show is that? It looks yaoiliscious.

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 01:56:57 Reply

At 8/1/10 12:37 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Aren't the GW boyz the greatest protagonists in the history of mankind?

I dunno, but that's one nommy-looking cake and that one dude on the left has one long-ass mullet.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 02:29:26 Reply

At 8/1/10 01:42 AM, JohnnyWang wrote:
What show is that? It looks yaoiliscious.

Filts Acting Gay.

Also, THAT'S NOT ICING TROWA IS EATING.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 02:35:12 Reply

At 8/1/10 02:29 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
Filts Acting Gay.

A seriopus answer once in a blue moon would be appreciated.

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 03:14:54 Reply

At 8/1/10 02:35 AM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 8/1/10 02:29 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
Flits Acting Gay.
A seriopus answer once in a blue moon would be appreciated.

If you can't even recognize the awful stench of Gundam Wing then I may as have not made a seriopus remark.

It may as well be called Flits Acting Gay anyway because the cast are made up of the most revolting feminine pricks of any animated series. They also have some of the worst character designs I have seen in the gundam franchise.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 11:49:33 Reply

Finally finished Kaiji after two years(PC problems back then)and I must say that was a good ending. I had a feeling that it would end like it did but not EXACTLY like that. Looks like I'll have to read the manga to see what happens to Kaiji next.

At 7/31/10 11:21 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I've been watching Samurai Champloo since before now I had only seen the first 4 episodes

I have to say I'm very much enjoying it

It truly is a great series. Probably up in my top ten that I've seen. Not to mention the phenomenal soundtrack makes the series that much better. Shame that Nujabes passed away earlier this year.

Try this out:

http://www.rainymood.com/

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOBHt8eDp 3Q&feature=related

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-08-01 12:38:05 Reply

At 8/1/10 11:49 AM, Kisuke wrote: http://www.rainymood.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOBHt8eDp 3Q&feature=related

i think you mean
http://www.rainymood.com/