00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,083 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-22 14:42:10

At 4/22/06 12:03 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: I finally saw End of Evangelion the other day...... very fucked up... yet better than the last eps of the show.

SPOILER***********************************

So i guess Shinji and Asuka are Adam and Eve now, being the only humans left...or whatever....

There's been a lot of interpretations about the movie. I think someone once said that they weren't Adam and Eve, just the first who came back. Or something like that. Still a great movie. ^_^

END O SPOILER******************

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-22 22:03:14

At 4/21/06 07:07 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 4/19/06 05:38 AM, mr_trivia wrote: Is anyone planning to attend the next Ohayocon, an anime convention in Columbus, Ohio? I went to Ohayocon Six a few months ago and was hoping to see Tink there.
When is it? If it's in mid-late may, I can't go, because I'll be in Japan, where I'm geting stationed for the next 2 years. Fun times. If it's earlier, I might blow some money to go.

Ohayocon Seven is January 5-7, 2007. Apparently, Ohayocon is always held on the first 3-day weekend of the year.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-22 22:20:21

I will end the EOE right here.

SPOILER!

According to the director of EOE himself. Humanity was both ended and restarted when Shinji couldn't decide wheter to spare humanity from 3rd impact or end it. Thus both outcomes came to pass. All of Humanity was ended, but he and Auska were spared and became the new Adam and Eve. 1. Becasue Sato was already dead and 2. Rei had turned into that giant white thing and fell apart. And for thoese of you who say Auska was also dead that is FALSE! She was gravly injured but not dead. Since she was the girl most important to Shinji she was allowed to be partally healed (Note her arm was healed but her eye was gone) and come and live to be the new Eve. This is according to the EOE director himself!

END OF SPOILER!

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-22 23:30:25

At 4/22/06 10:20 PM, BigFan7 wrote: I will end the EOE right here.

and come and live to be the new Eve. This is according to the EOE director himself!

END OF SPOILER!

Yay! I was right!

And in Naruto manga news, Naruto is getting closer to finding Sasuke...but at this point anything could happen. And i don't like Sai too much...a little too emo with wanting to stick around to learn about friendship and crap like that.

And why didn't they show Howl's Moving Castle on a Month of Miyazaki? I'd rather see more of his movies than the dubbed naruto.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 06:08:28

I hate to correct you BigFan7 but your info is a bit off.

*EoE spoilers*

Shinji and Asuka are NOT the new Adam and Eve, they are mearly the first to return from the Sea of LCL. According to what Yui said "any one can return if they have the will to live."

*End of EoE spoilers*

And about the EoE director if I remember right it wasn't Anno it was someone else so I don't know if what he said could be considered canon.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 06:15:36

can me jion the club

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 12:24:47

At 4/23/06 06:08 AM, kingofgamers18 wrote: I hate to correct you BigFan7 but your info is a bit off.

*EoE spoilers*

Shinji and Asuka are NOT the new Adam and Eve, they are mearly the first to return from the Sea of LCL. According to what Yui said "any one can return if they have the will to live."

*End of EoE spoilers*

And about the EoE director if I remember right it wasn't Anno it was someone else so I don't know if what he said could be considered canon.

DAMNIT! kingofgamers18! What i said was quoted from the director of EOE Anno Hadeaki himself! All of humanity was ended and was also restarted with Shinji and Auska being the new Adam and Eve!

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 17:30:44

http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq.html

I suggest you read the faq thats here. I'll admit I was wrong about Anno being director but at no point does he say that Shinji and Asuka are the new Adam and Eve.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 17:30:47

At 4/23/06 12:24 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 4/23/06 06:08 AM, kingofgamers18 wrote:

You two need to stop forgetting your spoiler warnings.

And Evangelion fights get you nowhere. To understad Eva, you need to smoke copious amounts of crack.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 21:29:46

At 4/23/06 05:30 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 4/23/06 12:24 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 4/23/06 06:08 AM, kingofgamers18 wrote:
You two need to stop forgetting your spoiler warnings.

And Evangelion fights get you nowhere. To understad Eva, you need to smoke copious amounts of crack.

TRUE THAT! how do you think i understand EOE. Anyway kingofgamers18 do you really beleive that's his ONLY quote that he's done?

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 21:41:13

i want to join

#1. Cowboy Bebop
#2.Gantz
#3.Evagelion
#4. Samurai Champloo
#5.Naruto

I want my name to Kisame

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-23 21:42:30

BigFan7, if you don't mind me asking what is the source of you info? As for Anno from what I know of the man he speaks very little of Eva unless he has to. Where I got my info is the Red Cross Book, the offical guide to EoE. And according to it even Anno's own co-director never got a straight answer from him about the ending scene.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 01:11:52

I have only seen a few eps of evangelion, but I did read somewhere that the director had a fight with his father sometime during the production period, so that is why the ending is so weird. Apparently it was a 'dark time' or something like that for him. I dunno. Read it somewhere.

Still waiting for my outlaw star: Complete collection dvd box set, and cowboy bebop dvd vol 4 to arrive in the mail. Ordered them from bestbuy last sunday. They said it was shipped monday, and supposed to take 3 days, but I'm still waiting.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 07:22:47

At 4/23/06 09:41 PM, -OakTree- wrote: I want my name to Kisame

Who's that? I never heard of this character.

So, Advent Children comes out tomorrow, right? I don't know if I want to see it for a while. I never even beat FF7. I first played it when I was a kid and I've owned it for at least a couple years now, but I still haven't even gotten to the second disc. Maybe I haven't been trying hard enough.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 09:32:01

Big Anime fan right here! Here's my 5 favorite animes:

#1. Love Hina
#2. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
#3. Gundam Wing
#4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
#5. Naruto

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 09:36:09

I also want my name to be Squall, all you guys know that Gunblade-wielding brown-haired dude from Final Fantasy VIII, right? Of course you guys do.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 09:44:10

I've gotten as far as Disc Three, up to the last battle with Sephiroth. God, that guy is super hard, he's harder to beat than some of the other bosses I've beaten. He makes them look easy to beat, even Gi Nattak from Disc 1. Anyone got a strategy on how to beat him without the Knights of the Round materia?

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 16:02:47

At 4/24/06 07:22 AM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
At 4/23/06 09:41 PM, -OakTree- wrote: I want my name to Kisame
Who's that? I never heard of this character.

So, Advent Children comes out tomorrow, right? I don't know if I want to see it for a while. I never even beat FF7. I first played it when I was a kid and I've owned it for at least a couple years now, but I still haven't even gotten to the second disc. Maybe I haven't been trying hard enough.

I got it last week. I got the international version. It was a great movie. Seriously, you dont need to have played the game to like the movie. I have only played FFVIII, but all my friends who played 7 tell me that the movie doesnt spoil the game.

Anyways. I'm watching the outlaw star collection that just came in the mail (A week late.)

Now that my new computer is coming in, I can finally start working on the anime I have been planning for quite some time. If anyone wants to help (voices, ideas, etc.) I will be metioning more about it in the flash forum later next month.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 16:08:43

At 4/24/06 04:02 PM, Bwave wrote: Anyways. I'm watching the outlaw star collection that just came in the mail (A week late.)

That's a great show. So much of it was edited for television. The DVD collection has a lot the TV version doesn't have, including an entire episode.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 16:14:03

At 4/24/06 04:08 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
At 4/24/06 04:02 PM, Bwave wrote: Anyways. I'm watching the outlaw star collection that just came in the mail (A week late.)
That's a great show. So much of it was edited for television. The DVD collection has a lot the TV version doesn't have, including an entire episode.

Which episode? Today was the first time I have watched it since I was 13, back when it was on adult swim.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 17:40:41

At 4/24/06 04:14 PM, Bwave wrote: Which episode? Today was the first time I have watched it since I was 13, back when it was on adult swim.

The one where they go to a hot spring and Jene gets caster shells. It's # 20-something.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-24 23:22:23

At 4/24/06 05:40 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
At 4/24/06 04:14 PM, Bwave wrote: Which episode? Today was the first time I have watched it since I was 13, back when it was on adult swim.
The one where they go to a hot spring and Jene gets caster shells. It's # 20-something.

Favorite anime are (in order):

Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FullMetal Alchemist
Paranoia Agent

I do agree, Outlaw Star was a fantastic show, especially near the end. I thought episode 23 being cut uot was a great loss because it was one of my favorites. I never got to see it on television unfortunately, but i do have the box set, and that's all that matters.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-25 00:18:07

It was in one of the Japanese Newtype issues.

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-25 02:55:36

At 4/22/06 02:42 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: There's been a lot of interpretations about the movie. I think someone once said that they weren't Adam and Eve, just the first who came back. Or something like that. Still a great movie.

Or rather, the only two distinct driving forces and thinking patterns of "Mankind"; Where no one conclusion can satisfy both.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-26 16:29:01

heres my post to rejoin the club (i used to be silos)
fav animes
#1. fruits basket
#2. flcl
#3. paranoia agent
#4. initial D
#5. gto (great teacher onizuka
if its not taken i want to be shigure from fruits basket

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-27 15:53:15

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-27 18:24:58

At 4/27/06 03:53 PM, BigFan7 wrote: This was on Yahoo.

http://buzz.yahoo.co.._log/?fr=fp-buzz-img

Hah, nice...

BTW, I might be able to go to Otakon this year.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-28 12:13:46

is there a way to read the naruto manga on the internet

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-28 14:25:39

At 4/28/06 12:13 PM, Thestalos wrote: is there a way to read the naruto manga on the internet

We do not discuss such methods. Try emailing or instant messaging members of this club.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-04-29 12:42:58

i asked if any1 had taken shigure i changed my mind i would like to be kimimaru from naruto

BBS Signature