00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,807,282 Views | 59,819 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-25 18:00:08

Hi all,
A question about Ghost in the Shell (stand alone complex): What is the "Laughing man" and why is he so important? Im only only episode 7 and im fnding it hard to keep up with the Japanese subs.
Is the laughing man the robot body in the ghost in the shell film?

~Vlad~

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-26 22:04:08

At 10/26/05 08:37 PM, _RanmaSaotome_ wrote:
At 10/25/05 06:00 PM, vlad1950 wrote: Hi all,
A question about Ghost in the Shell (stand alone complex): What is the "Laughing man" and why is he so important? Im only only episode 7 and im fnding it hard to keep up with the Japanese subs.
Is the laughing man the robot body in the ghost in the shell film?

~Vlad~
* Spoilers *
The laughing man is baseically a teen hacker, I found the dubs a bit confusing so I cant explain too much. This link will explain more, http://en.wikipedia...ki/The_Laughing_Man_

(anime)
* End Spoilers *

omg the laughing man is so funny HE'S SOOOO HAPPY which i why he isn't real cause no one smart is ever THAT happy.....i hate being smart sometimes....

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-26 23:55:30

Hello all! It's been a while since I posted here....a few weeks maybe. I'm finaly making enough cash where I'll be able to get my own place again. It will be nice to have all my precious fansubs back ^_^ Without my comp here, things have been awfully boring. There is no room on this comps harddrive for fansubs, and I don't have a T.V., so watching anime is out of the question right now (Hence me not posting.) I've been anime-less for over a month now, and it's really getting to me. I have soooo many eps to catch up on in Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. I don't think I'll sleep for, like, 3 days after i get back my comp. I'll just watch anime for 78 hours straight.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 02:58:18

Wow Chobits is funnier when you actually pay attention to it when you watch it for a second time and on top of that your Media Player actually needs to work and your TV shouldn't be.. esploded.. (Cheers Homestar) and your DVD player shouldn't have died a week earlier.. Well that's just great!

Every single peice of Technology seem to want mt to NOT watch anime!!

I can't do it anywhere!

(Except my Anime Club at school and at work ^_^)

Well It's probably given me a good enough break to catch up with school atleast and I've also found out that sunlight doesn't hurt.. O_o

Oh and also, If any anime club members are millionaires please send me the Studio Ghibli Collection.. I've been watching them every Wednesday on SBS and they're wonderful and full of such great artwork! I especially loved Nausica Valley of the Wind and Porco Rosso (And Spirited away, Laputa Castle in the sky, Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service!)

It's just such a great imaginitive series of completely different movies! All different styles in animation and the storys are so diverce and well I'm just gobsmacked by it all!

God.. I think I've found a new religion Studioatariato Ghiblianas The only divert religion of Yamato Himasaki or.. I can't remember his name -_-II (Yeah so I'm not the BIGGEST fan.. remembering names has always been my downfall like the bedn Flump guy who made NudeGrounds.con..) ..Wow that was a lame joke..

Any way..

I think what I am trying to say is,
If you haven't seen the Ghibli Collection DO IT NOW! Then come back to here and tell me what Totoro is like too.. I can't get that where I live I have to go into the city just to order it in then wait a month then pay double it's worth (But then it's Ghibli so it's priceless ^_^)

That's it I think..

So.. What's news?

(Elfen Lied roxx0r by the way)
(^^^Wow 1337 speak ^^^)

The End.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 03:01:02

Oh and Bigfan7 I love Negi magi Master too ^_^

Do you know when the actual anime is being released in the complete set?
Or even if the complete set of Manga is out?

^_^

Too bad there's no /msg in NG..

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 07:53:41

At 10/27/05 02:58 AM, Jedi_Coconut wrote: Yamato Himasaki or.. I can't remember his name

Hayao Miyazaki.

If you haven't seen the Ghibli Collection DO IT NOW!

I haven't seen them all, but I have seen Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Those are great movies.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 08:47:06

Hayao Miyazaki's new anime: "howls moving cstle" looks pretty good,ive got a poster of it on my wall.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 10:19:23

Okay...
***SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SLAYERS NEXT***

I think I found out the main difference between the Ragna Blade and the GigaSlave.
Sicne the Ragna Blade can't do as much damage as GigaSlave, that means that it must not summon the full Lord of NightMares, because GigaSlave summons the Lord of Nightmares. Also, the GigaSlave, if Lina loses control, could destroy the world, but the Ragna Blade would just fizzle out.
Only thing I'm mad at in both SLayers series so far is that they blur the lines of power between the Lords a bit. Like, from what I understand, I'm like ninety percent sure that it would basically go Lord of NightMares > Shabranigdo > Gaav and Hellmaster. And I'm still not sure where we stick Xelloss in there, since I know he's not al ord, but I think they said at one point that he had powers beyond basically everyone but Shabranigdo.

***END SPOILERS***

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 17:06:09

Hey cheek out what was on Yahoo today!

http://i3.photobucke../Anime_Man/Yahoo.jpg

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 20:45:12

At 10/27/05 10:19 AM, psykolord wrote: And I'm still not sure where we stick Xelloss in there, since I know he's not al ord, but I think they said at one point that he had powers beyond basically everyone but Shabranigdo.

***END SPOILERS***

Well Xelloss is pretty strong, but not as strong as Hellmaster or Gaav. He is a priest of one of the lords subordinate to Shabranigdu, Greater Beast Zelas-Metallium, who is equal to Gaav and Hellmaster. He was given a lot of power by Metallium, but still isn't as strong as them.

Also, Shabranigdu is in 7 pieces, so if Lina used a Giga Slave to beat one part of him, then he is atleast 7 times as strong as any of his lesser lords.

Here is a page about the caste order of Lords:
http://www.inverse.o..g/races/mazoku.shtml

Oh, also a little poll:

Who is cooler

Sakura (naruto) or Sakura (Card Captor Sakura)

Genma (Naruto) or Genma (Ranma 1/2)

Haru (Ravemaster) or Haruko-Haru Hara (FLCL)

Son Goku (Saiyuki) or Goku (DBZ) or Gohan/Goten (son of Goku)

Kiba (Naruto) or Kiba (Yu-gi-oh)

Ed (Cowboy Bebop) or Ed (Edward Elric-FMA)

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 21:08:01

At 10/27/05 08:45 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Oh, also a little poll:

Who is cooler

Sakura, Card Captor Sakura

Genma, Ranma 1/2, I love that lazy panda

Huruka-Haru-Hara FLCL

Gohan, finally breaks free from his mom in GT, too bad the show wasn't made by the creator

I barely watch Yu-gi-oh, but because I wake up and that's what I see first Kiba froom Yu-gi-oh

Ed from Cowboy Bebob.

Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-27 21:32:41

At 10/27/05 08:45 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote:
Oh, also a little poll:

Who is cooler

Sakura (the DDR song)

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 07:04:33

At 10/27/05 08:45 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Oh, also a little poll:

Who is cooler

A bad guy from DBZ.

I'll go for the Naruto one, I guess.

Neither! I say Lord Genma from Ninja Scroll!

Definitely Haruko from FLCL.

Again, neither! Goku from Goku Midnight Eye!

psh... Kiba from Naruto by far

Edward Elric.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 08:23:34

Hey dudes, can I join? Sounds cool. I really like anime, but im afraid I dunno much about megaman lol. I can draw manga, not really well but ok. I'm startin my own crappy little manga comic book bout skateboarding, called "Tre Flip Syndrome" lol. So can i join?

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 16:13:41

At 10/27/05 08:45 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote:
At 10/27/05 10:19 AM, psykolord wrote:
Oh, also a little poll:

Who is cooler

Sakura (naruto)

Genma (Naruto)

Haruko-Haru Hara (FLCL)

Goku (DBZ)

Kiba (Naruto)

Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

Oh, and Totoro is the greatest kids movie of all time

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 18:06:42

i am a big fan of animae and manga i wish to join

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 18:08:13

Yesterday, I was robbed. Gamecube, video games, And DVDs. Too make it worse those DVDs were mostly Anime! I'm suprised the thief didn't take my DVD player or PS2! I also foun my Mangas athrown on my bed!

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 18:50:17

At 10/28/05 06:08 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Yesterday, I was robbed. Gamecube, video games, And DVDs. Too make it worse those DVDs were mostly Anime! I'm suprised the thief didn't take my DVD player or PS2! I also foun my Mangas athrown on my bed!

i am deeply and truely sry and i hope your gamecube and dvds are ok.....and nobody got hurt.....

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 22:40:40

Thats why everybody needs an automatic ultra death ray, to kill would be thiefs.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-28 22:53:23

At 10/28/05 06:06 PM, tenchi1 wrote: i am a big fan of animae and manga i wish to join

Just list your top 5 favorite animes and a character of the same gender to represent you in the club. Click the word "club" in my sig to see a list of people already taken.

Oh, and doesn anyone know where I can get a cool Choji gif of him when he has wings and is skinny. I've looked around, but can't find any.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-29 19:37:52

I won't be here Tuesday, Wednesday, and tursday. I'll be going to St. Catherines with my dad to pick up my siste, and brother from the airport. While I''m down there I'll be visiting My grandma and Aunt. I may get an ANime on DVD while i'm there! :)

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-29 19:41:32

At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is a call for all anime fans of Newgrounds... Do not despair there is a place where you can share and express your thoughts and discuss anime... This club isn't limited only to anime. Manga, hentai, doujin, OVAs, OSTs, and videogame discussion is also encouraged.

You don't have to be an otaku to be a member... Even bakas can join!

can i please join the anime club?please?i love anime hentai and all that,i'm kinda a perv

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-29 19:46:04

my favorite hentai book has got to be ranma

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 12:10:25

At 10/29/05 07:41 PM, NGF wrote:
At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote:

can i please join the anime club?please?i love anime hentai and all that,i'm kinda a perv

name your top five anime shows and a character to represent you

and you don't need to quote the first post

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 12:54:53

i think bobobobobobo is the worst anime ever (no offense to anyone who likes it) but i mean all it is is goofy and weird it is a low class anime

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 15:46:02

Hey guys, sup.

Been kinda busy lately but I thought I'd drop by. Anyone else watching Mai-Otome? It's ****ing hillarious. Also, did anyone watch Inuyasha's Halloween on the portal the other day http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/274223? Anyone cosplaying for Halloween.

On a completely different note...

I'd like to know who's in charge of managing this club right now while Tink and the others are unavailable... Whoever it is, they aren't doing their job.

A good manager does the following:

Updates the memberlist on a regular basis.
Promotes the forums.
Encourages long and interesting discussions about anime.
Organizes club activities.
Looks for ways to make the club better.

Membership and posts per day are at an all time low, if our leaders are not doing anything about all of the clubs problems then they aren't doing their jobs. A democratic government relies on the consent of the people to govern. If said contractual consent is broken, then the people have every right to dissolve the current government and create a new one.

Usually such words are typical of me and my tyranical ways, but I am speaking the truth of any government run in a democratic fashion. I am political science student, I know what I'm talking about.

This club can't run on a weak government... It either neeeds a strong one, or none at all. THERE IS NO MIDDLE. When there is a strong government, stuff gets done in a timely manner. Our club's history (with and without me) certainly reflects this.

I doubt anyone in this club trully wishes things to continue as they are right now.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 16:54:10

At 10/30/05 03:46 PM, LLStarks wrote: Also, did anyone watch Inuyasha's Halloween on the portal the other day http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/274223?

Bah, I can't watch flash at the library. : (

On a completely different note...

Yeah I hear you, but it seems like everyone who is a leader is off doing stuff off the internet. Trivia, from my assumption, is swamped with school work, same for PBX. Red isn't around all that much due to looking for work, Tink is still caught up in her life mess and I'm saving up for internet equiptment.

I know that list is almost two months old by now... I'll try and come to my library on one of my off days [depends if someone doesn't call out. My work is shorthanded as is.] and up-date the list.

---

As for anything else related.

I don't know how many of you keep up with Shonen Jump.

Decembers issue was pretty good, One Piece is much better in manga form than anime form IMHO. I'd like to purchase the first volume of Death Note due to being caught up in the preview SJ had a month or so back.

Hakaru no Go is now, or say soon to be out on DVD. The manga is fantastic and if you are a fan of anime based on games this is a series you will most definetly enjoy.

As to anything on the television I noticed that the usuall bit of .//hack: Twilight of the Bracelet and Gundam SEED, they have been pushed back, WAY back to start at 5am Friday nights/early Saturday mornings. Now, not this past Friday[28th] but the 21st had Gundam SEED than Yu-Yu Hakusho. This past Firday[28th]had .//hack: Twilight of the Bracelet and Yu-Yu Hakusho. Now from all of this it seems like they might swap out Gundam SEED and .//hack: Twilight of the Bracelet every other Friday. I hope so, I never got to see how SEED and Twilight ended, nor how this saga of Yu-Yu ended either, SO NO SPOILERS FOR ME PLEASE.

As to [Adult Swim] I'm sure you all know about Neon Genisis Evangelion with the new episodes airing Thursday nights at 12:30am followed by Full Metal Alchemist and s-CRY-ed. Saturdays are the best nights of [AS] but they want to put re-runs of Boondocks on there which pisses me off. If they are going to air Boondocks on Saturday I want some anime on Sunday. I WANT COMPENSATION DAMN IT!

Kakurenbo which took FLCLs place turned out to be actually quite good even though it was all renedered in what appeared to be 3-D. Not to bad of a series. Not to mention that the new episodes of Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist and s-CRY-ed were fantastic. s-CRY-ed is probably one of the better animes you will ever see.

And we all know of Naruto on at 9pm on Toonami and IGPX will air on the 6th of November at 10pm. Which reminds me that if anyone is a fan of Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex, they are running the series on [AS] at 1:30am meaning that it took Parinoia Agents spot. I WAS hoping that they would re-run Blue Gender due to it being a good series from the first few episodes I saw. Yes, Super Milk Chan is still running at 5am followed by S.G.C.T.C at 5:30am. I wish they would take those two off and put something more entertaining on, like BLUE GENDER!

Anyway, that's pretty much all from me.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 19:09:58

At 10/30/05 04:54 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 10/30/05 03:46 PM, LLStarks wrote:

I don't know how many of you keep up with Shonen Jump.

i used to but then i graduated from middle school and we don't have montly book fairs at the high so i can't get the monthly shonen jump

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 20:08:32

Who is cooler

A badguy from the DBZ movies 5 and 6

Sakura (Card Captor Sakura)

Genma (Ranma 1/2)

Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)

Goku (DBZ)

Kaiba (Yu-Gi-OH)

Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-30 20:24:35

Oh, also a little poll:

Who is cooler

Sakura (Naruto)

Son Goku all the way

Kiba (Naruto)

Ed (FMA)