00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,808,216 Views | 59,821 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 13:13:04

At 10/10/05 12:11 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Some parts in Trigun are funny. (Although they aren't alll that funny).

Actually, it is. But very poorly timed especially in the second half of the series.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 14:51:16

Puni Puni Poemi - The all time funniest adn wierdest anime ever!!!!!

BTW noone told me how Shamin King ended. I want to know how they beat Zek.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 18:08:00

Hrm... Sorry i havent posted in a while i've just been so busy with work and havent gotten a chance to watch much anime... Maybe i'll get some new Samurai Champloo for my birthday...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 18:24:06

gah i just read all of volume 5 of S-cry-ed and WTF o_O

***********SPOILER***********

i dont get it did he just stay frozen in that ice for billions of years with his arm ripped off and having his gut stabbed through by that alter? if so wtf o_O whats what the hell is up with the ending i mean aliens trying to dominate earth and then the alters kicking there asses that was just screwed up o_O

****************spoiler END*****************

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 19:20:09

At 10/4/05 01:02 AM, LLStarks wrote: But as for Bo-bo-bo...whatever... I haven't seen it.

Don't bother Kouga, it's a waste. I watched about 15 minutes of it, total waste of time. But again, it's aimed at kids so, nothing much there.

I see alot of new members and such and so forth. I'd say I'd try to update the list but I can't do it in a library, too long and too little time. So new members, don't give the senior members and club leaders a hard time.

As for Full Metal Alchemist...

**********************SPOILERSOHMY********

About B.General Bran, HUZZAH! I am glad that Scar killed him, so swift and fast, beautiful. :')

As of the newer episodes, looks like Wrath has been found and Pride is about to make his move, Ed VS Izumi VS Greeds' Goons VS The Military VS Pride. I'd say that Pride will beat Ed and take Wrath, OR, he will side with Greeds' goons and turn it to a very one sided 4-way battle.

The weekday episodes continue tonight, hopefully I'll get to find out who's soul is possessing that suit of armour Ed is fighting and, heh the one Alphonse is fighting as well. Seeing how they are near lab 5, yeah, both are just like Alphonse.

Not to mention Greed will wake up soon so that will be most exciting. Not to mention that functioning chimera that is now on Greed's side too. Getting interesting it is, yes?

**********************ENDSPOILERS*********

I didn't know that much about Izumi either, thank goodness for the weekday AS run of FMA or I'd be scratching my head. I do wish though that they would give Blue Gender a run after Paranoia Agent finishes off in the upcoming weeks though. I never got to see that series from start to finish and would like too.

And their ratings on Sat makes me thing they'll throw Futurerama or some other crap back on the 11pm slot just for ratings and wasted time. It's not the peoples fault if they are getting drunk and knocked up on Saturday nights. :/

I also got to read volumes 4 & 5 of Yami no Matesui. If you've never watched or read Decendants of Darkness I suggest you do. Even though it is more directed towards girls it's still a good series to keep up with.

Oh, and hi.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 19:56:07

I was wondering if I could join this club, I have a large amount to manga,(180, reading manga since tenth grade) and only a few Animes.

Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 20:01:15

At 10/10/05 07:56 PM, Mast3rMind wrote: I was wondering if I could join this club, I have a large amount to manga,(180, reading manga since tenth grade) and only a few Animes.

Click the word club in my sig and be sure to read all the rules and such. It'll tell you all you need to know to join.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-10 20:17:27

My five most favorite animes are...
1. Bubblegum Crisis 2040
2. Blue Seed
3. Perfect Blue
4. Dual
5. Ai Aori Yoshi

The character that I would like to be represented as would be Shinji Mimura from the Battle Royale manga.

Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 05:19:33

At 10/10/05 07:20 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: I didn't know that much about Izumi either

Which is why I'm glad the comics have an extra "Back-Story" about her.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 09:11:33

Would i be able to join, i have not seen alot of anime, the stuff i have seen is Dragonball and dragonball Z,some of inuyasha,im not sure what its called but its about a guy that wants to make bread and he is special cuz he has Solar Hands, oh and i really liked
Escaflowne i used to wacth it every day, i loved mewle

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 12:36:25

Can someone PLEASE tell me how Shamin King ended PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 13:12:53

Heh I just finished wactching PlanetES and all I can say is: that Anime pwns! It's got heaps of interesting, flawed, and thereby very realistic characters. It's unlike any Anime I've ever watched. Excellent.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 16:58:41

At 10/10/05 07:20 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:

I do wish though that they would give Blue Gender a run after Paranoia Agent finishes off in the upcoming weeks though. I never got to see that series from start to finish and would like too.

I like that show. I never got to see the last episodes, but I saw it from the beginning until it got close to the end. The monsters mouths look like deformed vaginas, though.

And their ratings on Sat makes me thing they'll throw Futurerama or some other crap back on the 11pm slot just for ratings and wasted time.

What?! Futurama is hilarious! ....oh well, so you don't like it. The only show on Adult Swim that's come out so far that I hate is Tom Goes to the Mayor. I think most of the other shows are awesome and a few of them are okay.

At 10/11/05 03:05 PM, Mortikie wrote: teen titans

Teen Titans is not anime.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 20:05:49

At 10/11/05 04:58 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Teen Titans is not anime.

No, it's just "Poser Anime". Anyway, I have to wait a few weeks to gat another Manga or Anime on DVD!

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 20:15:48

At 10/11/05 08:05 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
At 10/11/05 04:58 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Teen Titans is not anime.
No, it's just "Poser Anime".

I think it is not anime. I dosent have the same style as real anime. I think it's like one of those other crap show on cartoon network

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 20:44:21

At 10/11/05 08:05 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: No, it's just "Poser Anime". Anyway, I have to wait a few weeks to gat another Manga or Anime on DVD!

Looking at this situation from a technical point of view, it's still considered "Anime" regardless of origin, producers, style, etc...

HOWEVER

Given the fact that the majority of the non-Japanese population place their faith on the word "Anime" to mean cartoons and/or animations of any form which come from Japan, it is easy to give rise to another category which has been around for quite some time but only active as of recent (Within a year or two, as some might say).

That category is known by the following names (and maybe even more):

Poser-Anime
Pseudo-Anime
Fauxnime
Fake-Anime
"I wish I was Japanese" Cartoons
"North-American made with over-used Japanese Expressions" (Source: VGCats)
SHIT (As opposed to DUB, RAW, SUB, etc...)
"Last resort of the Rating Whores"

etc...

Feel free to add to the list as any of you may wish.

As if Teen Titans' "Transistion" from the classic muscular-build super-heroes to the "Style-crisis" form it is today wasn't bad enough, it is only natural for rating-whores and the like to continue on trying to emulate the style which has made Japan so popular for its Multimedia/Entertainment market.

One "Fatal" spawn would be Winx Club, and knowing it alone is already a horrible matter.

Does anyone else wish to contribute anything else to this sub-topic?

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 21:34:39

I hear there's a Kill Bill Anime. True or not?

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 21:42:11

I'v never heard of it. That would be interesting though.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 22:01:43

At 10/10/05 07:20 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: **********************SPOILERSOHMY********

As of the newer episodes, looks like Wrath has been found and Pride is about to make his move, Ed VS Izumi VS Greeds' Goons VS The Military VS Pride. I'd say that Pride will beat Ed and take Wrath, OR, he will side with Greeds' goons and turn it to a very one sided 4-way battle.

Not to mention Greed will wake up soon so that will be most exciting. Not to mention that functioning chimera that is now on Greed's side too. Getting interesting it is, yes?

**********************ENDSPOILERS*********

<SPOILERS>

Well, from what I've heard, Greed's death in the anime is rather lame...being impaled on Ed's little armknife thing or something along those lines. If that's actually how it does go, and the people who told me it went like that were right, I'll definitly stick with the manga death. Much better in my eyes, how he's completely overwhelmed by Bradley, who also uses the fight to reveal he's a homunculus. And then when he's dumped in the acid vat, he leaves the other homunculus with his last words, something along the lines of "See you all in hell, I'll be waiting below". Ah well, guess I'll just have to see for myself how they do his death in the anime. It'll have to be incredible to top his death in the manga, though, at least for me.

</SPOILERS>

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 23:02:42

I bought Volume 1 of the Tsubasa manga today and so far it's a great manga.

****************************************SP
OILERS************************************

The manga features characters from previous and current CLAMP mangas like Sakura, Syaoran, Tomoyo, Touya, and Yukito from Cardcaptor Sakura, Chii from Chobits, and many others. Sakura is the princess of the Clow Country which is ruled by her Older brother King Touya. Syaoran is her childhood friend whose Father died in an archaeological dig. When Sakura is at the dig site to declare her love for Syaoran, A mysterious symbol appears and then wings appear on Sakura's back. Syaoran saves her but her memories are scattered across different dimensions. Without her memories, Sakura will die. So Syaoran is joined by Kurogane, from the kingdom of Japan where Tomoyo, Sakura's best friend from Cardcaptor Sakura, is the queen, Mokona, and Fai, the ruler of the Seresu country, on a quest to get back Sakura's memories. The first place they go to is the Hanshin republic. Which is like Osaka but if it were named after the Hanshin Tigers. Syaoran and the gang find the first of Sakura's memories there.
************************************END OF SPOILER***********************************

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-11 23:06:35

count me in i love anime, video games and manga!!!!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 06:29:06

At 10/11/05 11:06 PM, Videogamemaster64 wrote: count me in i love anime, video games and manga!!!!!!!

List your top 5 favourite anime and choose a character to reprsent you.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 12:39:26

At 10/11/05 09:34 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: I hear there's a Kill Bill Anime. True or not?

The only bit about that I know would the fact that there are several animated parts in the actual Kill Bill movie.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 13:49:56

At 10/12/05 12:39 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 10/11/05 09:34 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: I hear there's a Kill Bill Anime. True or not?
The only bit about that I know would the fact that there are several animated parts in the actual Kill Bill movie.

yeah, quentin terintino exlporee alot of various ways of shooting a scene. anyways, whats been up. Hope I didnt miss out on too much around here. I googled for naruto images to use as wall papers and realized a lot of people who attend conventions liked to dess as the sexy jutsu.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 14:06:51

At 10/12/05 01:49 PM, MasterStalker wrote: attend conventions liked to dess as the sexy jutsu.

If you're referring to Naruko, then I am yet to see it myself actually.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 14:40:01

Blue Gender is an awesome scifi/romance anime about the end of the world and giant alien bugs. O_o

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 16:24:29

Damn, my list of Animes to look into is getting bigger and bigger!

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 16:37:29

I want to frickin see the rest of Dirty Pair Flash but I can't find anymore episodes in America! NOOOOOO!

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 18:05:47

At 10/12/05 06:29 AM, AUb wrote:
At 10/11/05 11:06 PM, Videogamemaster64 wrote: count me in i love anime, video games and manga!!!!!!!
List your top 5 favourite anime and choose a character to reprsent you.

*cracks neck* very well.....
1.) inuyasha :fav. character :inuyasha (duh)
2.) full metal alchemist :fav. character: ed elric
3.) Gundam Wing :fav. character, Heero Yuy
4.) Wolf's Rain :fav. charater : Tsume
5.) One Piece, fav. character : Zolo (he's just like da samuri!!!!!)

character to represent me : Inuyasha (normal half-demon form w/the tetsiga)

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-12 19:13:21

At 10/12/05 06:05 PM, Videogamemaster64 wrote: character to represent me : Inuyasha (normal half-demon form w/the tetsiga)

Sorry, but that character is already taken. Click on the word "club" in my sig and then click on the word "list" in red letters in that link. The list of characters (most of them, anyway) already taken is there.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature