00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,794,913 Views | 59,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 05:00:00

At 9/12/05 11:48 PM, Deadknigh wrote: is full metal alchemist good Anime ?
i have not watch it :P
i look around some good anime becuse i watch all dragonball and ete ... :P

Its all rite it depends on what you like, I like it but I prefer the Jap version. I think you would like it, it the kinda anime most people would like I gess.(Qoeted from some one else haha) And if Nickalodian makes a manga ill kill my self. Or Ill just die of Laughing.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 05:56:44

If you say that FLCL had bad dubbing then you must not really know what great dubbing actually is. As President of my high school's Anime Club, I'm prepared this Friday (which is our first meeting) to smack all the Freshman for telling me that their favorite anime is FMA and the Subbed Naruto. Bad Freshman! Watch some other stuff damnit! Also with NGE coming to AS be prepared to answer n00bs questions about the show. Cause we all know after the final episode airs, the Forums at GAIA are gonna be like, "OMG SHINJI WHO? COCK GOES WHERE? LOLROFLBBQ" and that's really going to be annoying to have to explain that to all the n00bs.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 07:53:19

I freakin' love it, and I've only seen a few episodes and parts of others. I have to get it on DVD. Does anyone here know how long the series is?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 13:32:02

At 9/12/05 04:52 PM, Jebula wrote: Shall I join?

If you like to...
List your top 5 favourite Anime and choose a character to represent you.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 15:23:25

At 9/12/05 04:05 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote: YOU shut the fuck up arn't you the same one who didn't put spoilers before and fucked things up for a bunch of people ? that's right so shut the fuck up and learn to use english.

At least i learned my lesson!

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 16:59:03

First I'd like to say congrats to Trivia on 4000 posts. Second...

At 9/12/05 03:55 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: I don't care wether or not an Anime is dubbed or subbed.

Same here

At 9/12/05 04:05 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote:
At 9/12/05 11:56 AM, BigFan7 wrote: At 9/11/05 11:10 AM, AzerothElite wrote: I want to see in gundam seed destiny episode 35 Shinn goes crazy and kills the freedom LOL i wonder wat will his next gundam will be =)

Can someone tell me wat happen!!
DAMNIT PUT A SPILER WARNING NEXT TIME!!!!
YOU shut the fuck up arn't you the same one who didn't put spoilers before and fucked things up for a bunch of people ? that's right so shut the fuck up and learn to use english.

I dont know, I though that made sense, why learn english? and he did have a point, you should have added a spoiler tab.

------------------SPOILER----------------

like this

--------------END SPOILER---------------

At 9/12/05 07:06 PM, JONJONAUG wrote: So...after seeing Naruto for the first time (couldn't get a decent down...I mean the videos were too expensive.) I have to ask just one question...

Was that Sexy Juitso (can't spell) thing censored or not? And how much was changed. Please tell me not much, I have heard so much about this anime and have been wanting to see it for a while now.

I saw it. to my suprise, so far I couldnt find any differences from the anmerican and Japan versions (I only saw vol.1 :( ). To answer your quest ion, the mist, or cloud, or what ever the hell you want to call it did block the nipples and crouch area. I believe they did it lie that in the Manga to so I dont think it was edited to be like that. I wish the called it the "Ninja Center-fold" and "Ninja Harem" like in the manga instead of "sexy jutsu."

At 9/12/05 04:52 PM, Jebula wrote: Shall I join?

sure, just post your 5 favorite anime and a character to represent yourself. The character must be of the same gender as yu and not be in use. to find the list of names already in use, glck the link in my sig.(you may have to wait as I'm in the process of adding it)

At 9/12/05 07:51 PM, zeus_almighty wrote: no one ever thinks

And what exactly does that have to do with anime? nothing.

FMA is a great anime, defonitly one of my favorites.

At 9/13/05 03:23 PM, BigFan7 wrote: At 9/12/05 04:05 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote: YOU shut the fuck up arn't you the same one who didn't put spoilers before and fucked things up for a bunch of people ? that's right so shut the fuck up and learn to use english.

At least i learned my lesson!

Ok I'm ending this. you both suck and can die. just kidding, but do you really nead to respond to him/her/whatever?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 17:33:43

At 9/13/05 05:35 AM, Quisty wrote:
At 9/12/05 06:39 AM, marchingtyrants wrote: tell me, is there any anime that is cencored or modified by the american/canadian TV crews?
Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, DB, DBZ, Naruto, Gundam SEED, Witch Hunter Robin, Beyblade, Bedamon, Inuyasha, Naruto, and Digimon. Those are all on CANADIAN TV. They are also modified to hell and censored werid.

You forgot to mention Ghost In The Shell: SAC, Tokyo Mew Mew/ Mew Mew power, One Piece, Sonic X, and some others.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:13:48

At 9/13/05 06:11 PM, Quisty wrote:
At 9/13/05 05:33 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: You forgot to mention Ghost In The Shell: SAC, Tokyo Mew Mew/ Mew Mew power, One Piece, Sonic X, and some others.
I knew I was missing some. I forgot about the FOX kids ones and the new ones YTV is getting. I think you forgot to mention Kirby, but I'm not so sure Kirby is anime or not.

So guys what is up in the wonderful world of anime?

I need to know what time YTV Canada will show the first Naruto episode.

on Toonami they put it on for 2 hours but ony showed the same two episodes twice, which I found annoying, but I lived through it. I dont live i canada so I cant really answer your question.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:21:49

At 9/13/05 06:20 PM, Quisty wrote: I tried getting statlittle, but Canadian stalite does not allowed AMERICAN channels in for some reason. Anyway, the tree is in the way and we can't cut it down :( I only have digital cable.

wow, your country is evil. I would cross the border ASAP.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:23:24

At 9/13/05 06:20 PM, Quisty wrote:
At 9/13/05 06:18 PM, marchingtyrants wrote:

I tried getting statlittle, but Canadian stalite does not allowed AMERICAN channels in for some reason. Anyway, the tree is in the way and we can't cut it down :( I only have digital cable.

only digital? you say that like it's nothing. I have basic!! BASIC!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:24:40

At 9/13/05 06:23 PM, Warspyer wrote: only digital? you say that like it's nothing. I have basic!! BASIC!!!!

Me to. atleast we have something though right?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:33:26

At 9/13/05 06:26 PM, Quisty wrote:
At 9/13/05 06:24 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Me to. atleast we have something though right?
There is no difference. Same channels. Only difference is dad baught sports channels...

see, I didnt think there was, but everyone I know seem to think one is far superior to the other.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:44:20

I'm bored so, I'm going to make a list of the worst Animes I have seen!
Love Hina, Anything butchured by 4kids (Except SonicX), Chobits, and pretty much every Anime in Canada except for SonicX, Ghost In The Shell: SAC, Gundam SEED, Naruto, .Hack//Sign, Inuyash, Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 18:48:20

I was just looking around in the first 10 pages of this club for a few anime picks to steal when it hit me... this club started of as a hangout for picture spammers, lol

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 20:15:26

At 9/13/05 04:59 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
At 9/12/05 07:06 PM, JONJONAUG wrote: So...after seeing Naruto for the first time (couldn't get a decent down...I mean the videos were too expensive.) I have to ask just one question...

Was that Sexy Juitso (can't spell) thing censored or not? And how much was changed. Please tell me not much, I have heard so much about this anime and have been wanting to see it for a while now.
I saw it. to my suprise, so far I couldnt find any differences from the anmerican and Japan versions (I only saw vol.1 :( ). To answer your quest ion, the mist, or cloud, or what ever the hell you want to call it did block the nipples and crouch area. I believe they did it lie that in the Manga to so I dont think it was edited to be like that. I wish the called it the "Ninja Center-fold" and "Ninja Harem" like in the manga instead of "sexy jutsu."

From what I've heard from the manga (I haven't read the first few volumes of it), they translated the attacks, since all of them in the japanese version ended with 'no jutsu.' Only difference in the dub is that they also translated it and and removed the no, so instead of being Sexy no Jutsu it became Sexy Jutsu. And there was only one time I believe that there was nudity in the manga, when Konohamaru shows Ebisu the jutsu. Other than that, Naruto as an anime in whole has NEVER (from where I'm at) shown any sort of nudity.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 20:47:14

At 9/12/05 04:21 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 9/11/05 03:06 PM, Sesshy wrote:
Are you sure? Which episode and which part shows this clearly?
It appears more like throwing the needles through the fog.

Oops sorry I was wrong! ^_^' he makes the mirrors from the fog that's what it was >_> dumb me! sorry for the screw up!

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 21:57:41

At 9/13/05 06:44 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: I'm bored so, I'm going to make a list of the worst Animes I have seen!

The worst I have seen are Sword for Truth (I still like it for the action and stuff, but I think it sucks overall) Vampire wars (same thing I said about Sword for truth, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Psychic Wars (same thing I said abouth Sword for Truth and Vampire Wars) Cardcaptors, and Harlock Saga. I'm sure some of you will disagree with me on Harlock Saga, but I just thought it was so freakin' boring! BTW, the dubbing for Sword for Truth and Vampire Wars were atrocious. The dubbing for Psychic wars wasn't too good either.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 22:58:53

Has anyone heard of the anime "Dokuro chan"? I want to get ahold of it, but nobody ever tells me where I can get it.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-13 23:27:02

I just don't get the point to love Hina or Chobits! I like SonicX, what might not be good to YOU maybe good to a DIFFERENT person!

Inuysha is awesome. .Hack//Sign is also really well done.

I KNOW! That's why is why I said! All accept for those 2 and others i said. Read my Post over! >:(

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 02:09:38

At 9/13/05 06:44 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: I'm bored so, I'm going to make a list of the worst Animes I have seen!
Love Hina, Anything butchured by 4kids (Except SonicX), Chobits, and pretty much every Anime in Canada except for SonicX, Ghost In The Shell: SAC, Gundam SEED, Naruto, .Hack//Sign, Inuyash, Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z.

I feel that Sonic X got hosed. I disagree with you on Gundam Seed. Even if it was subbed, it's still boring and out of place in the gundam universe. The absolute worse gundam series there was that new SD gundam show that used to air on cartoon network (and maybe YTV and Teletoon). DBZ is kinda repetitive as well. Rave Master was really gay. I didn't get S-cry-ed because I only saw two or three episodes. Kikaider was really boring and made me a little sick after watching a week of it.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 04:04:39

At 9/11/05 09:39 AM, Sesshy wrote: Here let me fix that up a bit for you lol

**********************SPOILER*************

Well, what Haku was doing is she was using the ice mirrors as a distraction/sheild and the fog for cover. The needels she used were not metalic they were wooded acupuncture needles unless the manga is different from the anime in that aspect. And the reason why she claims to be a boy is because she looks up to Zabuza and because of that run in with Naruto because she didn't want to make him feel sad/down whatever and such.

*******************END SPOILER******************************

At 9/11/05 03:35 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:

*SPOILER?!********************************

Yes, but Sasuke dodges those ice needles. The ones that are in his neck are indeed metallic. He gets it from saving Naruto.

I'm guessing that is the anime because in the manga they are woodend needles used in acupuncture.

***********ENDSPOILER***********

At 9/11/05 08:37 PM, thegodofwolves wrote: I would like to join.

Click the word 'club' in my sig and read all the rules. Then choose a character of the same gender as yourself that is not taken on the members list.

At 9/12/05 11:30 AM, _RanmaSaotome_ wrote: I've heard commenly that it is the best of the 3 movies.

There are four out now. :P

At 9/12/05 12:30 PM, Brewtality wrote: A joke? Of course its a joke. All anime dubbing is a joke. Its almost enough to make me cry. Almost.

I know. *cries*

At 9/12/05 03:48 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Well it turns out Adult Swim may be showing a subbed series. I posted this a little while ago. I don't know if you saw it.

Yeah, saw that but I highly doubt it.

I don't think all anime dubbing is bad. Manga, ADV, and UrbanVision have done good work before (Ninja Scroll, Orphen, Vampire Hunter D)

Yes, those are some of the better licensing companies out there.

At 9/12/05 04:05 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote: YOU shut the fuck up arn't you the same one who didn't put spoilers before and fucked things up for a bunch of people ? that's right so shut the fuck up and learn to use english.

If this is not the biggest case of winning then I don't know what is. :)

At 9/12/05 11:17 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Now Tokyo Pop has decicded to make a Manga based a on a freakin' NICK TOON.

Oh Lucifer, save us all...

===================

I'd take a whack at updating the members list but it's 4am here and I've got a ton of shit to pack up for my leave tomorrow so HOPEFULLY I'll update it in the morning.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 04:31:12

At 9/14/05 04:04 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Well, what Haku was doing is she was using the ice mirrors as a distraction/sheild and the fog for cover. The needels she used were not metalic they were wooded acupuncture needles unless the manga is different from the anime in that aspect.

Funnily enough, those needles you speak of have a metallic "Clining" sound when they hit an object.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 07:22:14

OMG where hav u been living u dont like these anime then go away bastard like i mean gundam seed was great and Rave Master like come on there not dat bad it was cool who cares it took alot of effort to these anime not dat its easy and crap let see u try??

GRHHHH who gives about spoling endinds except like Naruto i think there going to spoil it in the future.

Always REMBER@ visit www.gendou.com

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 09:38:06

Umm ok I guess I ll list my share of terrible anime
Lain
Pokemon
Yugioh
Saiyuki
Super milk chan
Reighn the conquer
Aruja
Yucie
Princess tutu
neon genesis evangeion
and I guess for animes I like its
Dragon ball
Trigun
Wolfs rain
Love hina
Outlaw star
Samurai champloo
Neon genesis evangelion I love it and hate it
Jubei chan
FLCL
Samurai deeper Kyo
Mars
Fruits basket
Full metal alchemist
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 12:25:33

At 9/14/05 09:38 AM, secret_toad wrote: Umm ok I guess I ll list my share of terrible anime
Lain
Pokemon
Yugioh
Saiyuki
Super milk chan

I didnt know that was an anime

Reighn the conquer
Aruja
Yucie
Princess tutu
neon genesis evangeion
and I guess for animes I like its

You should have made this bold so it stood out from your hated anime titles. I was about to jump in and start to question how you figure everything below this point was bad

Dragon ball
Trigun
Wolfs rain
Love hina
Outlaw star
Samurai champloo
Neon genesis evangelion I love it and hate it
Jubei chan
FLCL
Samurai deeper Kyo
Mars
Fruits basket
Full metal alchemist
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2

Pretty good list. Tomarrow I'll post my list of every anime I can remember seeing. For no reason I keep an alphabetized list on my home pc.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 13:08:26

At 9/14/05 04:31 AM, HaroFreak wrote: Funnily enough, those needles you speak of have a metallic "Clining" sound when they hit an object.

Yeah,

***************SPOILER**************

In the manga Haku used them to imobilize Zabuza to make everyone think he was assassinated, remember?

***************ENDSPOILER************

----

Well, time for me to pull a Wonko. :/ Remember, respect the authority figures and try not to give Sir Trivia a hard time as well.

Basically.

Mum needs finacial help. I have to help her. She has no internet or computer. Everything I shall make will go towards us keeping our house. House > Internet. So on and so forth. You can check my post history for more information and what not.

Have fun. :D

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 15:03:57

At 9/14/05 01:08 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Mum needs finacial help. I have to help her. She has no internet or computer. Everything I shall make will go towards us keeping our house. House > Internet. So on and so forth. You can check my post history for more information and what not.

Have fun. :D

Have fun Inny, You will be missed. I recommend you get to a library for you NGing needs though.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 15:47:33

i believe that sexy jutsu is the right name for it. the anime call it sexy no jutsu so its pretty much the same thing....i seriously hate the perosn whodid the voice for iruka. honestly, he has no idea how to pronounce the name....the way he pronounced uchiha made me angry and confused...well w/e to say the least, it wasnt THAT bad. i give it some credit for leaving the series semi-intact...

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 16:02:57

At 9/13/05 05:33 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: You forgot to mention Ghost In The Shell: SAC

Really? That sucks. They didn't need to edit anything. It's on Adult Swim...or was this just for YTV?

At 9/13/05 09:57 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: I'm sure some of you will disagree with me on Harlock Saga, but I just thought it was so freakin' boring!

Wow, this long and nobody has flamed/questioned me!

Maybe, you hate me, now, and just keep it to yourself..-_-
At 9/14/05 02:09 AM, Warspyer wrote: Kikaider was really boring and made me a little sick after watching a week of it.

What?! I love that show! I think I'm gonna cwy...

At 9/14/05 09:38 AM, secret_toad wrote: Umm ok I guess I ll list my share of terrible anime
Saiyuki

Really? You thought Saiyuki was bad? I only saw the first episode, but I thought it was awesome. If I liked the first episode, is it likely that I'd like the rest of the series, or is it not as good as the first episode?

At 9/14/05 12:25 PM, MasterStalker wrote:

Tomarrow I'll post my list of every anime I can remember seeing. For no reason I keep an alphabetized list on my home pc.

If I tried to make an alphabetical list of every anime I've seen, I wouldn't know where to begin. I've seen so many.

Hey, I've got a random question just because I feel like asking it. What was the first anime you have ever seen? I think mine was either Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets (though all I remember is people in goofy looking suits with birdlike helmets and capes)
or Speed Racer.

BTW, I still need to know how many episodes there are of FMA, and how many volumes it has been streched out to on DVD. I would appreciate the info.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 16:37:41

Well. atleast I can rent the volumes of Ghost In The Shell:SAC at the Block Buster here.