MAC6 - October 2006-10-06 06:32:20
Welcome to the
Monthly Audio Contest 2006 - October X-MAS THEME.
Note that the description of this contest is divided in two posts. No posting until they´re both out, please :)
MAC´s Holy Quest...
- Creating the Monthly Audio Contest has a purpose, a premisse, and that purpose is to bring Flash and Audio artists closer. What we hope to see here is more collaborations between the two, and more Audio Portal audio used in Flash submissions.
Flash artists looking for x-mas songs
- Alot of flash artists are going to start making x-mas submissions soon, and obviously, many of them will be looking for x-mas songs to fulfill their flash. This thread will serve as an “2006 X-mas Audio Collection”, where audios with an x-mas feeling will be listed.
About the Contest this month
- The contest will be the extra fuel that hopefully kickstarts this x-mas collection, and hopefully we´ll get many submissions for the contest alone.
What I´m saying here is that the contest will have a deadline, no more songs accepted for the contest when october turns november, BUT the list will keep getting updated when new songs pops up in the thread even after the contest is done!
This is because we want the x-mas song collection as large as possible (still quality owns quantity, mind you!!!), so that flash artists can get what they want without having to turn to illegal audios in their flash.
Special Audio Requests for Flash artists
- You a flash artist?
- You need a specific x-mas song for your flash?
Then this thread is the place you should venture first!
§ Begin with checking through the list of songs that (in time) exists here.
§ If you can´t find what you´re looking for, make a request in this thread.
Hopefully you´ll be able to hook up with one of many audio artists that hang out in the Audio Forum!
- I´m proud to announce that Tom Fulp himself will contribute with awards for this contest. More exact information of what that is, will follow.
- Frontpagespots for the highest ranked original song, and highest ranked cover (I suspect alot of covers will enter this contest....).
- A sig-pic with the winners name on it.
- Exactly how the winner will be announced is unclear at this moment, but altr from radiogrounds.com will make a show based on this thread one way or another! More information about this will follow.
Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
# Create a song that you yourself has the spirit of x-mas.
# There is no timelimit for the length of the audio, but it is recommended you keep the length down, as with all audio that have the intention of being used in a flash submission.
# Covers of already existing audios are OK according to the law, but make sure you have read and understood the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. Yes this mean NO illegal sampling WHATSOEVER!!!
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what´s OK to upload and what´s not, check this old thread. Basicly the conclution is that covers indeed are OK, but that it´s best NOT to upload covers.
2 - Make a song according to these rules, and with that x-mas spirit.
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs. Include song name,
5 - If it´s a cover, include the original song title. You should pay tribute to the original artist by mentioning his/hers/theirs name in the descripton, if it doesn´t fit in the songtitle.
6 - For this contest, ONE submission is accepted. This mean that if you want to contribute to the collection, please read through the "The X-mas Audio Collection" part further down.
7 - Don´t come around with crappy alts. And do not breake any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread too, of course. If there are posts that are unrelevant for the contest/spam, a moderator will be asked to come clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned.
8 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread BEFORE october have ended. If you cannot post by one reason or another, PM or e-mail me and enter a valid reason why you can´t do it yourself, and i´ll make sure your contest entry is in.
9 - There will be NO changing of contest audios, unless there have been a mistake one way or another. If that is the case, PM/e-mail me and explain what the deal is. Therefore, make sure that you´re satisfied with your contest entry before submitting it!
10 - If there are many contest entries, we will narrow it down to 20 audios that goes to the second and final stage of the contest. All of these 20 submissions will recive judgement from the judging crew. This is so that we can get a higher judge/audio rating, and thus a more fair judging.
11 - Have fun and eat lots of X-mas food to get in the sprit!!!
More information will follow in my next post.