00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Thread: Video Game Rising

216,543 Views | 1,134 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 17:14:46

At 10/5/06 02:49 PM, Masonogy1 wrote: Title: Newgrounds Dawn of the Dead
Thanks and HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Nice work. Why does she have such a long arm, though? :D

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 17:18:55

At 10/5/06 05:14 PM, Doodler wrote:
At 10/5/06 02:49 PM, Masonogy1 wrote: Title: Newgrounds Dawn of the Dead
Thanks and HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Nice work. Why does she have such a long arm, though? :D

everything has its flaws.

I LUFF YOU ALL

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 17:19:46

woot its Black Mage from Final Fantasy

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 17:38:48

At 10/5/06 02:49 PM, Masonogy1 wrote: Thanks and HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I love how the uberkids are the zombies.

Oh and the graphics are good to. =P

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

Thank you CagedSilhoutte for the sexy ass sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 17:53:53

At 10/5/06 01:09 AM, BoMToons wrote:
At 10/5/06 01:04 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 10/5/06 12:32 AM, BoMToons wrote: Oregon Trail
HAHA win!
Hooray! Someone old enough to get it!

I get it. Its a realy old pc game. every time i tried to cross a river the raft would sink.

i have the shittiest luck

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 17:55:10

At 10/2/06 08:14 AM, TimFrommeyer wrote: Lmao some awesome entries so far. I´d have given the katamari a shot too, too bad it´s done now.

this was brilliant

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 18:37:29

At 10/5/06 05:53 PM, Crue wrote: I get it. Its a realy old pc game. every time i tried to cross a river the raft would sink.
i have the shittiest luck

Yeah, very hard game...that's why I always just did the mini hunting game rather than traveling.

"You have more meat than your party can carry!"

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 18:47:03

Guybrush eeeeeeepwood!!! not finished yet still alot to do jut wanted to claim it =]

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 19:01:02

I have somethin' in the works that I PRAY a good stack of you will be stoked on. I know tom will ;)

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 19:37:05

At 10/4/06 11:50 PM, ds8181 wrote: better quality version: http://www.deviantar../deviation/40886543/

zombie animal crossing characters :D

lol, love it. you just know the guy in the middle is thinking oh fuck. better pull out the golden axe or something.

ZOMG!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 20:06:08

i'll finish this at some point this week.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 20:19:05

i would so buy that GTA game it would be like dead rising with drugs and prostitutes

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 20:42:21

At 10/5/06 07:38 PM, frozensheep wrote: this is some scary shit man.

....Resident evil 16. The rise of thee Retards

I don't even get it...

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 21:19:00

You know what i hate? D bags that are 'OLD SCHOOL!!!!' Dude NO MARIO OR MASTER CHEIF!!!! Those are corny!!!! iF YOUR COOL YOU'LL PICK SOME TOOL FROM THE 8-BIT ERA JUST TO PLEASE ME!!! Please, if you limit this to only crap no ones heard of, then it tends to become,
" well, i think thats good... but i have no idea what game that is" it also is just dumb, don't push your ideals of playing older games over new games, i mean OK so i never played nes, so can i yell at you for not working on a farm like they did in 1800's? This goes along the lines of that classic line," You know son, I worked my butt off when i was young, so shut your yapper"(so what your punishing me for popping out of the whom when i did?). Come on newgrounds, lets be a little perfessional and allow even the young ones a chance.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 21:25:47

Ok, I'll give this contest a shot. Kind of an old favourite of mine (old because they don't seem to EVER be able to finish Duke Nukem Forever)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Duke Nukem the Undead...

I'll post up some more detailed and a breakdown if I have time...

Took roughly 3 days work in all. 11hrs approx. over those three days.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 21:33:41

At 10/5/06 09:19 PM, OCDC wrote: You know what i hate? D bags that are 'OLD SCHOOL!!!!' Dude NO MARIO OR MASTER CHEIF!!!! Those are corny!!!! iF YOUR COOL YOU'LL PICK SOME TOOL FROM THE 8-BIT ERA JUST TO PLEASE ME!!! Please, if you limit this to only crap no ones heard of, then it tends to become,
" well, i think thats good... but i have no idea what game that is" it also is just dumb, don't push your ideals of playing older games over new games, i mean OK so i never played nes, so can i yell at you for not working on a farm like they did in 1800's? This goes along the lines of that classic line," You know son, I worked my butt off when i was young, so shut your yapper"(so what your punishing me for popping out of the whom when i did?). Come on newgrounds, lets be a little perfessional and allow even the young ones a chance.

Why don't you flip your douchebag switch off and realize that we meant to use your imaginations, so we didn't get 40 pages of unoriginal shit. Nobody needs to see Mario, Mario, Mario, Master Chief, Mario, Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Mario, Link, Link, Link, Link, Mario, Link, Mario, Master Chief, Mario. GET THE PICTURE? There's thousands of videogames to choose from, so we were making it clear. Don't act like the only games kids have today are Halo and Mario, and don't flip our words around to make it sound like we're only respecting 8-Bit tributes.

When you have something constructive to say, let us know! Until then, keep your genius observations to yourself! <:3

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 21:39:21

At 10/5/06 09:33 PM, Stamper wrote: Why don't you flip your douchebag switch off and realize that we meant to use your imaginations, so we didn't get 40 pages of unoriginal shit.

damn, what a great first post, huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 21:39:38

The way you originally stated it made it seem the way i said it. Now that you've clearified it, I feel much better on the subject.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 21:45:37

By the time I finish mine, you'll see. YOU'LL ALLSEE!!!!

you know what: oreo cookie chimcihanga.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 22:10:23

i know in a way this is kinda cheating, but... I CALL DIBS ON JO DARK*! ha! there! now when someone else does it, and i post mine after, i won't look like a thiefter.

* the chick from perfect dark, smart one

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:18:50

This is one of those tiems I wish my scanner was working--for some reason, MS paint isn't a good tool to work with; especially when working with a touch pad. This is a trimpute to a little game called "Duck Hunt", I made it since no one had. I may do Crazy Taxorz, Heihachi Mishima, or maybe even Dig-Dug...Hell, no one has done HL's Gordon Freeman (headcrab zombie possibility?) yet! Look, Sgt. Cortez (from TimeSplitters), Gex the gecko, exitebikers, Reyman, Battletoads, Kid Icarus, Chrono, Capt. Falcon, Lemmings, or even Marco Rossi (from Metal Slug) have zombification potential!!! C'mon, people...Stamper did have a point last time; go look for some other titles!

Anyway, this took about 23 minutes total...not that you care. >:C

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:32:41

Man I would hate to be a judge for this contest. Such amazing submission from some artists who I never would have thought to be this good (and others who I never even heard of)

The only thing thats bothering me is that people seem discouraged whenever a character they wanted to do gets finished before theirs. Dont not show off your drawing just becuase someone else already made one of your char already, its no crime to have more than one of the same character (although 10 or so of the same one would get boring)

I would submit one but at the rate I draw with a tablet I wouldnt be done till christmas.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:39:30

At 10/5/06 09:25 PM, Cheddar79 wrote: Took roughly 3 days work in all. 11hrs approx. over those three days.

Hmmm, Dude you're not allowed to copy a pose, you gotta do it all yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:42:21

At 10/5/06 11:39 PM, TheHappySheep wrote:
At 10/5/06 09:25 PM, Cheddar79 wrote: Took roughly 3 days work in all. 11hrs approx. over those three days.

I think he's all right (as long as it's not traced).

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:47:24

At 10/5/06 11:42 PM, BoMToons wrote:
At 10/5/06 11:39 PM, TheHappySheep wrote:
I think he's all right (as long as it's not traced).

yeah, its obvios he used that pic as the frame work, but i doubt he traced.

it looks great, BTW

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:52:07

Jesus... I did NOT trace this image...I've used the pose as a reference only. The rules say you can use a pose not trace line for line... I've even added a female character in the picture...

here if you don't believe me...

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-05 23:58:52

At 10/5/06 11:52 PM, Cheddar79 wrote: Jesus... I did NOT trace this image...I've used the pose as a reference only. The rules say you can use a pose not trace line for line... I've even added a female character in the picture...

I just wanted to say that the female character is my favorite part of that picture, the coloring on her is outstanding.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-06 00:01:36

At 10/5/06 11:52 PM, Cheddar79 wrote: Jesus... I did NOT trace this image...I've used the pose as a reference only. The rules say you can use a pose not trace line for line... I've even added a female character in the picture...

Yeah if you look at my paperboy, its in pretty much the same pose as the cover one, Its for the effect, if it was just a muscular guy it could be anyone, but in that pose, its duke nuk'em (good job, I thought about doing it, but it was out of my league, but you nailed it.)

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-06 01:15:44

At 10/5/06 11:58 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
I just wanted to say that the female character is my favorite part of that picture, the coloring on her is outstanding.

I'll agree with this guy.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-06 01:33:43

here's mine but I don't know if toad's been done before