00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,265 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 19:44:38

Is it wrong to replace a coder if It was their idea to start?
BUT
is it still wrong if they:
Have not coded anything in forever
Havnt worked on it as much as you have
dont respond to messages
Didnt make an effort to get it in when it was supposed to be.

This is a real question, im not just ranting

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 21:27:25

At 5/14/08 07:02 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: wait .... what?

I thought you were trying to be funny in saying it's physics was great unlike the Box thing from before.

At 5/14/08 08:52 PM, DarkMana wrote: I'd say so. That's pretty much just stealing their idea.

I agree. I don't think it's any problem to leave them, and I would actually say you should, but if it was their idea to start, don't steal that from them...especially if it was a good idea. If you really can't deal with losing that idea though, just ask them if you can "take it."

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 21:31:47

At 5/14/08 09:27 PM, El-Presidente wrote:
At 5/14/08 08:52 PM, DarkMana wrote: I'd say so. That's pretty much just stealing their idea.
I agree. I don't think it's any problem to leave them, and I would actually say you should, but if it was their idea to start, don't steal that from them...especially if it was a good idea. If you really can't deal with losing that idea though, just ask them if you can "take it."

Thanks for the response
Yeah, thats what I thought would be the problem.
It was supposed to be for pico day, but now that its done, I have all these sprites I made for it and I dont really feel like letting my shit going to waste. I might as well give this guy a few more days, but after that, should'nt I have the right to change the idea around at least? Because really I have waited a very long time and have been patient with this guy.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 22:01:39

At 5/14/08 09:27 PM, El-Presidente wrote:
At 5/14/08 07:02 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: wait .... what?
I thought you were trying to be funny in saying it's physics was great unlike the Box thing from before.

I don't think that far :P BTW I read my old comment and it was a bit of a rough comment, I didn't mean to sound so bitchy =( Just tried to help =)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 22:35:10

At 5/14/08 09:31 PM, UnderARock wrote: Thanks for the response
Yeah, thats what I thought would be the problem.
It was supposed to be for pico day, but now that its done, I have all these sprites I made for it and I dont really feel like letting my shit going to waste. I might as well give this guy a few more days, but after that, should'nt I have the right to change the idea around at least? Because really I have waited a very long time and have been patient with this guy.

I agree with eveyone else. It would be stealing his idea. If you already have the sprites made, and if his idea wasn't extremely original, you could change the idea a bit, and since it was different than his, it wouldn't be stealing and you'd be making a different game.

But before you get to that ask him if you can use it, wait a couple of days, then resort to that

I haven't been posting much because there isn't really much I can comment on lately, someone make an NG-Unit friendly topic!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 22:47:33

The biggest jerk thing an artist can do to a coder is switch coders if it was the coder's idea in the first place. Seriously.

Even for a sequel or something. I'd be pissed if Mindchamber went and made Nightstrike 2 with like psycho goldfish or something. It goes both ways though, I'm sure Mindchamber would be pissed if I took his sprites from that game and turned it into something else, like a helicopter game or whatever.

Unless you ask permission and he grants it. Then that's ok.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 22:51:18

Contests

Since contests seem to be all the rage these days, I thought I'd pass along a link to 99designs.com (along with cash prizes, you can win a macbook ...*cricket chirp* ...did I mention cash prizes?!)

Anyone familiar with it? ...Entered? ...Won?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 22:53:38

Agreed.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 23:00:50

At 5/14/08 10:51 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Contests

Since contests seem to be all the rage these days, I thought I'd pass along a link to 99designs.com (along with cash prizes, you can win a macbook ...*cricket chirp* ...did I mention cash prizes?!)

Anyone familiar with it? ...Entered? ...Won?

Wow they're offering the cheapest, least powerful base model of the macbook as a prize! WHERE DO I SIGN?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 23:16:21

At 5/14/08 04:22 PM, Blackfang wrote: Banjo Kazooie

How many people remember this Nintendo 64 game? Man this was my favorite game ever when i was little. BUT LOOK
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33904 .html
i have a ps3 and its only for 360 >.<

Same.

I remember when I used to fuck Gruntilda's day up. Although, when she kidnapped Banjo's bitch and used the hotness transmogrifier, she got moderately hot for the pixel resolution.

I wonder who the villain will be for this new one...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 23:33:05

At 5/14/08 11:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Wow they're offering the cheapest, least powerful base model of the macbook as a prize! WHERE DO I SIGN?

It's the line right underneath the paragraph "I hereby confirm that I'm a shit, and will attempt to shoot down a Flash Forum veteran for offering up an honest contest to a crowd, some of whom are probably using lesser computers".

And initials here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 23:33:34

At 5/14/08 10:53 PM, Cryoma wrote: Agreed.

oh god.....

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 23:50:09

At 5/14/08 11:33 PM, Rudy wrote:
At 5/14/08 10:53 PM, Cryoma wrote: Agreed.
oh god.....

Sorry I was talking to Glaiel.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-14 23:57:45

At 5/14/08 11:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Wow they're offering the cheapest, least powerful base model of the macbook as a prize! WHERE DO I SIGN?

douche bag.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 01:11:10

Wow, you really know how to make yourself look like an asshole !

Honestly, atleast it's a contest which is legit. You don't have to have the greatest. That's like refusing a tablet when some users or Tom Fulp for example, sent out to people for little online contests because its not the most expensive one like the Wacom Cintiq or whatever.

It's just the thought that counts...

asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 01:23:09

See, you do learn something new everyday, I never knew glaiel made asshole comments.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 02:52:04

Man gee wizz guyz... I just love how ya'll just get along so wonderfully. It's truly a beautiful thing seein' young and old and middle-ished aged animators and coders posting side by side, exchange informations and lessions on life...

Wait I think I have the wrong room... SHIT! >:(

All you need is love, love, love... love is all you need. :3

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 02:55:45

At 5/15/08 02:48 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: try measuring your own assholes.

Oh shirtturle, you and your wonderful words, if only you didn't live on the other side of the world.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 03:14:52

Lolololol.

Hai guize, wutz goin on?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 04:11:20

At 5/15/08 01:11 AM, Rudy wrote: Honestly, atleast it's a contest which is legit. You don't have to have the greatest. That's like refusing a tablet when some users or Tom Fulp for example, sent out to people for little online contests because its not the most expensive one like the Wacom Cintiq or whatever.

Or a mouse... LUIS :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 06:27:23

At 5/15/08 01:23 AM, Coaly wrote: See, you do learn something new everyday, I never knew glaiel made asshole comments.

Hey, I'm in an asshole kind of a mood right now so it's expected.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 06:36:04

At 5/15/08 06:27 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 5/15/08 01:23 AM, Coaly wrote: See, you do learn something new everyday, I never knew glaiel made asshole comments.
Hey, I'm in an asshole kind of a mood right now so it's expected.

Next time your in that mood just visit http://www.ratemybutt.com/

or meatspin

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 08:36:13

Name calling is so yesterdayyyy...
Im over that, i just get so pissed off in general when someone brings a decent opportunity to the table and the classic NG response is to burn them for it. Anyway...

Wuts your favorite character(s) online?
So before we started going at Glaielz we were having a semi entertaining discussion about favorite cartoon characters and shit.. do you all have any online you particularly follow or enjoy? Doesnt necessarily have to live in the NG universe ie Strong Bad, etc.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 11:49:01

Wuts your favorite character(s) online?

Pikachu and Ash, the perfect couple.
Also i used to love Pinky and the brain!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 11:58:22

Fav Characters and Chalk Stuff

I am a fan of Blue Rabbit and Bitey. If I ever do another one of those massive chalk drawings I am definitely going to do a Blue Rabbit drawing.

I was considering going to Tom Fulp's house or the NG office randomly on a weekend when no one was around and making a giant pastel chalk drawing on the driveway, then picking up and leaving without giving any sort of indication as to who it was.

I was also thinking this would be a good substitute to the NG Sketchbook, we have a NG street chalk festival where everyone goes and does a 8' x 8' (2.7m) chalk drawing of their favorite characters or of their own. Ephermal art is awesome.

Chalk is really fun to work with.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 12:30:39

RE: Chalk drawlings

I could always send blocks of concrete as the sketchbook pages this year?

Graduating
I noticed alot of you youngins are actually graduating this month/this year and i'm actually going to my cousins graduation later today so I was wondering who all is graduating..

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 12:51:36

RE: graduation

I don't graduate until I'm 2010, when I'll be 23.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 12:56:57

too many moderators in here, go away ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 13:00:43

At 5/15/08 12:56 PM, dELtaluca wrote: too many moderators in here, go away ;)

I would say to many geordies, but you're probably the only one up there who can work a computer! <3 <3 <3

I wanna see a lit more climbing from yuo in the next meet.
Speaking of meet, did Hans ever do anything with those videos he took?
Also, next meet everyone slate keith for being the worse mod LAWL ROFL PENIS

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-15 13:12:31

At 5/15/08 01:11 PM, akasquid wrote: My last day of school next friday, does that count as graduating?

you never count sam!

None

BBS Signature