00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,778 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:40:40

At 3/3/08 06:18 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Scratch that, my sister stole it apparently... I guess I'll just have to steal it back >.>

haha XD Nah, its ok.. new york is too far to mail it :P i dont need it that bad :D If i wanna browse the web i got my PSP, PS3.. =]

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:42:36

At 3/3/08 06:37 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Ok, something's wrong with my userpage...

http://shortmonkey.newgrounds.com

Woah, how'd that happen???

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:43:01

At 3/3/08 06:37 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Ok, something's wrong with my userpage...

Nobody likes you, so Tom made your page into ad space.

Honestly not sure. Hack?

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:43:54

Is that a joke..?
Nothing is wrong with shortmonkey.newgrounds.com
Something IS wrong with shortmonkey.newgounds.com

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:44:53

Oh wait, you typed in newgounds.com. If you click on your profile button it works fine.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:46:41

At 3/3/08 06:44 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: What's more baffeling is if you click the "profile" link next to his BBS avatar, its fine, but if you click the link he posted, it has that pop up. Both are the same URL...

Exploit A-GO-GO!

Its not the same it says newgounds not newgrounds

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:47:59

It's obviously something he linked to, click the link to his profile and it's perfectly fine.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:48:14

At 3/3/08 06:40 PM, liaaaam wrote:
haha XD Nah, its ok.. new york is too far to mail it :P i dont need it that bad :D If i wanna browse the web i got my PSP, PS3.. =]

I still want it back though :P, I'm sure it might be worth a few bucks on eBay or something...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:53:49

At 3/3/08 06:48 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: see the "R" in the "newgrounds" in the link?

No, I obviously don't. Look again.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 18:59:55

At 3/3/08 06:55 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Well, it's all revealed now. I guess we should end here. By the way, I found this blog post very interesting.

Beating a dead joke...I hear that'll get ya 25 ta life around here.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 19:21:59

The newgounds joke is over. shortmonkey will be on the sidelines for awhile.

sorry to spoil the fun. Oh wait its not fun getting 20 popups.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 19:29:05

RE: LEAKING [LATE RESPONSE]

At 3/2/08 10:24 PM, Luis wrote: Anyone posting links from ngup to things that arent yours and in essence leaking someones hard work for all newgrounds to see will be banned on sight. Just cause you CAN do it doesnt mean you SHOULD. It's bad enough you are looking at peoples work in progress to begin with....the LEAST you can do is have a little respect and dont post a link on a busy forum like this.

All right, I will [oddly enough] agree with Luis that it is kind of a dick move that I posted a link for the Renegade Muffin, but I just thought it was so great, and clearly it wasn't like it's going to be a music video since the actual song is about 7 seconds. I think it'd be good to add that to the rules so biatches [like me] don't post more of them if NGUP becomes a more used link side. Anyways off from the bagging on myself, I think that the people who made NGUP should rethink their ingenious idea to just numbering each linked up swf, but although that's true, they were kind enough to put a "Hide My Submission", which for those of you who aren't planning on posting your game on something like the BBS should go and hit. It's kind of a good thing now that I think about it when they have the numbering system, because then people can have fun and look through other submissions, but if it's something really good that someone makes and they don't want the world to see it JUST YET, they can hide it.

Disgusting. I dont want to mention any names... EL-PRESIDENTE.

^_^

Processing
Anyone used it? I ended up talking with Gust, and you know that no matter what you do he always ends up winning somehow, even it's a BS reason. Here's a link if anyone wants to see it. Uses Java, which I don't know much about, so I'm learning, but it's really close to actionscript. Also, that link isn't one to Newgounds by the way

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 19:30:39

At 3/3/08 06:11 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: MindChamber In Jail

I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm asking everyone who has met him: Is this Jose Ortiz?

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED THAT THAT IS NOT MC. Would have been gnar if he stabbed a bro...

You got me all excited there.

also, lol@newgounds.com joek. I leik.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 19:52:56

At 3/3/08 06:11 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: MindChamber In Jail

I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm asking everyone who has met him: Is this Jose Ortiz?

I have it in good confidence that it is Mindchamber. I mean, the guy in the article's name is Jose Ortiz, and he's in Pennsylvania, and he's the right age. How many stars have to align for you to believe THE TRUTH!?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 20:28:07

At 3/3/08 07:52 PM, BoMToons wrote: How many stars have to align for you to believe THE TRUTH!?

Well I once googled my name and apparently theres another kid in my area with my name and is my age. He is a very good baseball player. I am not.

And honestly, do you think MC would get that worked up over politics?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 20:41:21

Let's get a rally goin' here, maybe we could hit 1000 pages by the end of the week.

Mindchamber
I remember I watched Almost: Round 3 and at the very end "Jose Ortiz" was listed under the thanks section and I e-mailed the screen cap to him and he told me that it was a pretty common name and it wasn't him. Then I felt stupid.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 20:50:41

Jose Ortiz is a very common name guys, hell, one of them goes to my school.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 21:02:47

At 3/3/08 08:50 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Jose Ortiz is a very common name guys, hell, one of them goes to my school.

OMFG! MINDCHAMBER GOES TO YOUR SCHOOL?

HKDGOHKDHKDSH.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 21:30:16

At 3/3/08 08:50 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: one of them

One of them? Glaiel, you racist you...."We ain't takin' kindly to your type ROUND here!"

Who else knows the famous actor named Luis Castanon? Well, I don't, but Google does!

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 22:58:42

I know a kid named Luis Ortiz...

Did you and MC have an illegitimate son, Luis?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-03 23:21:59

At 3/3/08 09:30 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Who else knows the famous actor named Luis Castanon? Well, I don't, but Google does!

The IMDB does!

Also, related to this, in a Google search, John Cooney apparently:
-is an author who wrote the "Environmental Crimes Deskbook"
-is a lawyer
-is a real estate agent
- is some sort of stage actor
-is a composer

Crazy.

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 03:59:42

At 3/3/08 05:38 PM, liaaaam wrote: dongle

LOL

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 04:19:49

At 3/3/08 06:58 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: a. What's a good "dimension" and fps for a Flash-based website?

Liquid Design (Stage.scaleMode = "noScale"; Stage.align = "TL"; and all elements dynamically resized and positioned according to Stage.width and Stage.height during an onResize event) at 18fps.

b. Are there any particular methods of SEO for a flash based website?

Build the site in PHP / HTML first. Then copy it in Flash.
Using SWFObject, replace the content in the HTML Div with the Flash content.
Yes. It's like building two seperate websites...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 09:32:23

Random Songs...

Has anyone ever noticed any of my silly random songs? For some reason, I've been whipping together mixed songs for no apparent reason. Yesterday I released, "Tank Men Remix", which featured clips of TankMen and just compiled it into a song. It's really silly.

Another I made is "The Newgrounds Rap" which is just a silly lyrical rap that's kinda funny since I'm not a good rapper nor am I trying. God, I feel like Yoink... Not trying.... Not good........ Nah Yoink I'm just fucking around with you, your silly songs make me smile.

I know I have no rhythm though. Oh well.

Animation Weekly Challenge
Recently, I've released a thread which is a Weekly Challenge thread which started out just as fun. But early last night, SweetSkater from SpamTheWeb contacted me and asked me if I'd like to host it with one another because he was running something similar but I'm more known around here and he really wanted to make it into a sort of contest.

Without further ado, I agreed since I thought it'd be fun to inspire people to work and practice with a set money limit on the line. Cash prizes always gets the kids going. So the basic ground rules are simple;

-You have to go by the theme given. (this week is jumping cycle)
-Go by the 24fps/default stage size for compiling purposes later.
-Send your .fla file in later on.

The whole aspect of this is for a fun little competition as you practice your flash skills. You can earn up to 50 bucks which I don't think will be possible due to the lack of Flash Animators participating. But more the people, more the prize goes up.

Every two animators is two dollars, (one dollar each), so most likely you should invite mostly anyone you can so you can compete for the winning earnings. In the end, we'll host the compiled file together onto the portal and let the voters decide the winners fate in PMs or Reviews.

When submitted to the portal, the top artists will be co-authored on the original flash animation unless you don't want too, but it's your decision. :)

Currently, I'm editing the old weekly challenge from the SpamTheWeb forums so I can host it onto the site. Click
here to view since feedback is very much appreciated. It's still in the beta stages though.

The reason why I popped my head over here is simply because I think giving this thing more publicity will help you guys earn more and will also make the contest a bit more funner. Sorry for the advertisement though.

My apologizes.
Any questions?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 09:54:35

I am glad you decided to do that :D

I was quite annoyed when I first saw your thread by the way. I thought oud basically decided to copy Wills thread.

Maybe we will get some more members in DYN and more people joining the forum. We've had 2 competitions already. The third should be up today...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 10:04:33

At 3/4/08 09:54 AM, Evion wrote: I was quite annoyed when I first saw your thread by the way. I thought oud basically decided to copy Wills thread.

Yeah, honestly, I had no idea that Will was even running anything relevant to the idea or I wouldn't of even made the thread to begin with, but good thing I did because it's kinda turning into something much more broad. :)

I just need to get the .fla files of everyone. Will is basically combining the contest with mine so after he receives the jumping files, he'll send them over to me so I can compile and upload to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 10:23:11

SIGH!!
29,790 replies

ultimate doom guy of happyness :D:D:D:D:D

sigh wanna participate in sprite tv 3

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 12:52:51

Clothes Shopping
A lot of guys I know hate clothes shopping, but I find that looking for awesome tshirts is actually kind of fun. Does anyone share my sympathy? Like hunting around threadless or elsewhere online is a fun experience.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 13:01:23

I like finding shirts, not so much regularly, but if I find a shirt than I like, I'll usually get it :P.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-04 13:02:03

Clothes
I enjoy shopping for shirts as well... you can never have too many shirts!

I like being a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy also.

I dont like shirts with busy designs or really neon colors.. I like earth tones mostly. Also I cant wear a pink shirt under any circumstances. I have no idea if i would look super hawt in pink but i fucking hate that color.

None

BBS Signature