00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,968 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 07:39:57

i feel your pain jmtb... i have to prime myself to get on with my aim name. I have to muster up the energy to sift through all the topics people think should be locked.. all the vote 5 plz ;) links that get thrown at me.. or can you give me some feedback stuff... I usually dont mind giving people feedback and will do so within reason. But yeah I definately can expect to get zero work done. For this reason I tend to hang out in msn more, because you can set yourself offline and still see the action.. that way if i see someone i do want to talk to ill just block all get online and just talk to that person.
I also have other stray Aim screenames i use that a few people know bout.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 07:50:51

At 9/29/06 07:39 AM, Luis wrote: ill just block all get online and just talk to that person.

If you and the friend have Windows live, it has that 'send messages when they are offline' feature.

If you are appearing offline, you can still talk to someone..

(which is quite handy)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 07:51:56

aww, i had an idea for something like that.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 07:58:02

At 9/29/06 07:50 AM, Claytron wrote:
At 9/29/06 07:39 AM, Luis wrote: ill just block all get online and just talk to that person.
If you and the friend have Windows live, it has that 'send messages when they are offline' feature.

If you are appearing offline, you can still talk to someone..

(which is quite handy)

is that compatible with windows 3.1?

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 08:25:47

wow, around 3 years since the last lounge

sup everybody?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 08:32:17

At 9/29/06 08:25 AM, Inglor wrote: wow, around 3 years since the last lounge

sup everybody?

Oh, I had no idea there was one before. It would be neat-o if this one got to 50 pages...but i doubt it...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 08:44:00

At 9/29/06 08:32 AM, skooj-lik-chaah wrote: Oh, I had no idea there was one before. It would be neat-o if this one got to 50 pages...but i doubt it...

The last one was locked by cleaver (who hasn't modded here in about 2.5 years anyway), luis is cooler and doesn't really care about spam as long as it's in good taste :) No doubt it'll make 50 pages.

I'd just like to say I'm very pleased with luis, a lot of mods said he'll be useless and now he is doing most if not all the modding around here. It's a shame afro neg cleaver denvish and the other mods don't come here much anymore

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 08:53:57

At 9/29/06 08:44 AM, Inglor wrote: The last one was locked by cleaver (who hasn't modded here in about 2.5 years anyway), luis is cooler and doesn't really care about spam as long as it's in good taste :) No doubt it'll make 50 pages.

I'd just like to say I'm very pleased with luis, a lot of mods said he'll be useless and now he is doing most if not all the modding around here. It's a shame afro neg cleaver denvish and the other mods don't come here much anymore

Yeah Luis is the only mod I see around on the forums regularly and he's one of the best animators that visits the forums too(that I know of).

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 09:42:05

At 9/29/06 08:44 AM, Inglor wrote: I'd just like to say I'm very pleased with luis, a lot of mods said he'll be useless and now he is doing most if not all the modding around here.

I'm interested to hear who said he'd do a shitty job.

It's a shame afro neg cleaver denvish and the other mods don't come here much anymore

Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 09:48:38

At 9/29/06 09:42 AM, NegativeONE wrote: Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

That's not saying all that much so far as I've seen lately.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 09:52:18

At 9/29/06 09:48 AM, Whiplash21 wrote: That's not saying all that much so far as I've seen lately.

Haha, and who the fuck are you? :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 10:26:11

You can call me Lurky. I never post. ; )

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 10:32:49

At 9/29/06 09:42 AM, NegativeONE wrote: Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

It's true, man. In your absence Denvish has been usurped and many good men have turned away in disgust. It sounds like the start of a fantasy / historical film of some description.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 10:39:53

At 9/29/06 10:32 AM, Paranoia wrote:
It's true, man. In your absence Denvish has been usurped and many good men have turned away in disgust. It sounds like the start of a fantasy / historical film of some description.

Yeah...

And just when all hope seems lost, the old flash regs will return, and rid this forum of all evil.

Or so we thought...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 10:45:11

At 9/29/06 10:39 AM, blanblan wrote: And just when all hope seems lost, the old flash regs will return, and rid this forum of all evil.

Let's just hope it's the new old regs and not the old old old regs, or we're all screwed :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 11:28:47

Come on, chill out. This is supposed to be a lounge, not some sort of I'm Well Mature Because I Jump To Conclusions To Defend People With Extreme Prejudice At Any Opportunity thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 11:59:55

At 9/29/06 11:57 AM, Whiplash21 wrote: I don't think it was an argument. ^_^

Moofing on: Do any animators out there use mostly the pen tool? Personally, I can't see it being anything but annoying, but I'd be interested to hear of any successful pieces where it has been used.

I never really understood how the pen tool could be useful to me. :P

So I mostly use the paint tool to draw, and the pencil tool to shade.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:01:24

At 9/29/06 09:42 AM, NegativeONE wrote: I'm interested to hear who said he'd do a shitty job.

noone said he'd do a shitty job, but a lot of people said he won't be around at all.

Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

Yeah, by far, I'm still around, I just reply little, helping newbies lost its charm. I keep updated though.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:04:07

At 9/29/06 11:28 AM, Paranoia wrote: Come on, chill out. This is supposed to be a lounge, not some sort of I'm Well Mature Because I Jump To Conclusions To Defend People With Extreme Prejudice At Any Opportunity thread.

i agree fully listen to wise words of panarama
Also in other news
Raul - the automatic
I love this song i cant stop playing it :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:07:48

At 9/29/06 12:04 PM, fuzz wrote:
At 9/29/06 11:28 AM, Paranoia wrote: Come on, chill out. This is supposed to be a lounge, not some sort of I'm Well Mature Because I Jump To Conclusions To Defend People With Extreme Prejudice At Any Opportunity thread.
i agree fully listen to wise words of panarama

Yeah, be sure to listen to his clean up work.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:39:33

At 9/29/06 12:34 PM, T-H wrote: whadimiss?

Inglor went sick and started insulting Neg! Honestly, the guy was just sitting there, and Inglor came up and was like: "You startin' dickhead?", then he glassed him in the face and kicked him repeatedly when he was on the floor. Then he got a chair and just hit him and hit him and hit him and hit him and hit him. Inglor went totally psycho on that guy, man! If DFox wasn't there I don't know what would have happened!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:52:16

Wow this thread has moved too fast :(

Hello there Inglor.

Today at college, I was talking to this kid Nick and he's said alot of times he wants to be a game designer. So I said 'Oh well you should get Flash', and he said, "Yeah, I would but you can only make crappy stuff on it", And I kept defending it, but he just wouldn't let down.

He also told me that he didn't have flash because he had some advanced game scripting program, RPG maker 2003 :D. Apparently it's so advanced, you have to draw your own graphics and everything.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:01:25

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: RPG maker 2003

You should have told him to stop there. RPG maker is insanely ridiculous to use, and it gives only the basic funtionality to create an MS-Dos style RPG game.

But of course, thats just my opinion.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:05:07

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: He also told me that he didn't have flash because he had some advanced game scripting program, RPG maker 2003 :D. Apparently it's so advanced, you have to draw your own graphics and everything.

I would've kicked the kid in the balls. He'd've been incapacitated long enough for me to have time to go get a PS2 with Alien Hominid on it and ask him if Alien Hominid sucks.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:06:06

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: Today at college, I was talking to this kid Nick and he's said alot of times he wants to be a game designer...

Link him here:
London Game Career Fair (Tueday and Wednesday next week, Regent Street, London)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:06:57

At 9/29/06 01:05 PM, orb wrote:
At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: He also told me that he didn't have flash because he had some advanced game scripting program, RPG maker 2003 :D. Apparently it's so advanced, you have to draw your own graphics and everything.
I would've kicked the kid in the balls. He'd've been incapacitated long enough for me to have time to go get a PS2 with Alien Hominid on it and ask him if Alien Hominid sucks.

Well the PS2 version of AH wasn't made in Flash, but it's still a good example.

If he had said it to me, I would have drawn my gun, popped him in the head, took the cigar from my mouth, turn to the camera and say "You've been Flashed."

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:09:41

At 9/29/06 01:06 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: Today at college, I was talking to this kid Nick and he's said alot of times he wants to be a game designer...
Link him here:
London Game Career Fair (Tueday and Wednesday next week, Regent Street, London)

Would've done, but he can't afford the internet, and also he's not likely to miss college, because then he won't gethis education allowance, and then he won't make money.

At 9/29/06 01:05 PM, orb wrote: I would've kicked the kid in the balls. He'd've been incapacitated long enough for me to have time to go get a PS2 with Alien Hominid on it and ask him if Alien Hominid sucks.

That also reminds me. In the morning I went on Armor games and played AH, and this other kid came in and sat with me. I showed him Alien hominid and was like "What the hell.. thats on PS2..?" at first, then after a bit he was like "This game is great! but the graphics are really bad"

That really made me laugh, I didn't really know what to say. I think i'll lend him it on PS2 and see what he says then :/

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:27:20

At 9/29/06 01:09 PM, Mogly wrote: Would've done, but he can't afford the internet, and also he's not likely to miss college, because then he won't gethis education allowance, and then he won't make money.

Shame. I want to see other people I know down there on those days.

Flash is a different feta of kitcsh when it comes to developing games. Compared to C++ it can't compete for instructions per second (heck, it even loses out to Unrealscript in that department). It's slow, it's clunky, supports true-3d very grudgingly and takes up far too much of your processing power for equivalent programs.

But it's easy, widely supported, backwards-and-forwards-and-cross-platform compatable, and never has a chance of destroying a hard drive. Different standards need to be drawn up for it's game development scene, and we're getting fairly close to finding out just what that is.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:34:16

At 9/29/06 01:09 PM, Mogly wrote: That really made me laugh, I didn't really know what to say. I think i'll lend him it on PS2 and see what he says then :/

It's not so much that the graphics are bad its that the 2d scene has sort of caused a rift among the console community... theres people who are hardcore breakthrough technology types that see AH and CC as a step back in the evolution of gaming and so they shun anything that isnt using breakthrough gaming engines and 3d renderers... and then theres the other half that find it refreshing that the 2d scene is alive and well and breaking from the endless see of FPS.

I think that the older crowd tend to side with the second group because we were around when nintendo was around and atari and shit and so we grew up with that shit, yall youngins were still a spunk puddles runnin' down a toilet seat of some club.

<3

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:41:16

Hey, here's something I've been wondering.. What ever happened to the NG Rouges Gallery, did Denvish stop updating that or what? I thought that was a pretty cool idea...