00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,204 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 15:47:34

Yay

Also, cool movie Xep

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 15:52:27

At 1/8/10 02:32 PM, Luis wrote: Ehhh im kind of annoyed actually with the obsession to make things lifelike.

I guess I disagree. I love seeing different art styles though - you played Borderlands, for example, that was fantastic, the cel-shaded 3D world was just gorgeous and I really enjoyed that, but when a game tries to be realistic, it might as well be as realistic as possible. Games are not going to be able to do this sort of thing for a long time though, because in film you can render a frame for 4 hours whereas in games you need to render at 1/60th of a second.. though games have made huge advancements over the last few years, of course.

In terms of film, I think it's a great thing having realistic CGI - being able to do incredibly surreal things (Transformers is a great example [good example, bad film], huge robots!) and making it look authentic, I love that. And of course I'm a nerd so I get hard if I see realistic lighting. I remember reading/seeing something talking about Finding Nemo and the producer or something was saying they could have made the graphics so much more realistic, but it would be pointless, because people enjoy seeing the cartoony style, it has a great charm to it. I agree, I doubt we'll see any realistic animated films any time soon because people enjoy that. However this makes films that blend CGI with film look even more impressive, because people are used to Shrek and then they see CGI that looks lifelike.

I would really love to see something like Shrek done with realistic graphics - just to see what it would be like. Character design would be much more difficult, for sure, and the effect would probably be horrifying.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 16:03:23

At 1/8/10 03:52 PM, liam wrote: Finding Nemo... realistic,

i can see it now

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 16:26:28

At 1/8/10 04:03 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 1/8/10 03:52 PM, liam wrote: Finding Nemo... realistic,
i can see it now

He's beautiful :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 19:23:41

I think a lot of what makes CGI look 'realistic' is making things blurred like our own focal vision, and making things extremely textured. There could be a very smooth looking sleek wooden table and you could probably see it as CGI or real. But if you put tons of cracks and normal maps and stick that thing in mudbox or zbrush and it immediately looks 'realistic'. The flaws make things realistic. The smooth and sleek pandorians or w/e in Avatar look fake because they look TOO perfect. They are so smooth and stuff they look comical as said previously. Other movies have created more realistic creatures in other movies, just because they are evil dragon things with tons of detail and cracks and stuff in them.

Just my 2.5 cents

yes. .5 of a cent.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 20:54:49

I rather like how we can break barriers with animation, and make it look 100% realistic as possible. Of course, restraints must be held as well. You shouldn't use 100% realism if its not 100% necessary. For example, the movie Up, or any pixar movie for that matter, what would the bugs in bugs life look like if they were 100% realistic and bug-like?

It'd be more creepy than anything :/

but with things like avatar, you can bring things to life that people only imagined, and its absolutely stunning :)

In videogames (i know someone brought that up), realism can be a phenominal thing! Such as of course Uncharted 2! The game was visually gorgeous, and so was the first for that matter. and i felt that i could connect with the human characters because they looked so human like. When drake was hurt in-game, you could tell by his facial expressions that he was injured.

and for the record, the game IS surreal near to the end, such as the first, which also brings things out of the normal, so its a nice mix of real and non ^_^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 22:19:25

At 1/8/10 03:47 PM, knugen wrote: Yay

Haha, the only PM in there is to Kirk_Cocaine, and you have the same icon and everything as him, so I thought he'd linked to his pms or.. I have no idea what I thought. CONFUSING THOUGH DAWG :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 22:42:58

At 1/8/10 10:19 PM, liam wrote: Haha, the only PM in there is to Kirk_Cocaine

Underscores FTW.

Those were the days!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-08 22:52:34

At 1/8/10 10:42 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 1/8/10 10:19 PM, -liam- wrote: Haha, the only PM in there is to Kirk_Cocaine
Underscores FTW.
Those were the days!

I'm pretty sure allowing ASCII characters in peoples names is what made Newgrounds so popular.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 00:31:03

über big ups to PBass for referencing 'Okami'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 01:49:26

At 1/9/10 12:31 AM, doctormario wrote: über big ups to PBass for referencing 'Okami'.

I have had that game for years, but I probably didn't play it for more than 1-2 hours. Not sure why really, just didn't get hooked, but I suppose it's on my list of games to play "one day".

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 02:19:27

At 1/9/10 02:12 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: My District 9 Special Edition has a trailer for Michael Jackson's This is It on it.

I am upset.

Ohhhh you fail D:

Michael Jackson is a phenominal musician and This is it was a remarkably good movie!

There's so much shit about him that is both stupid and possibly untrue. he WAS decreed innocent after all.

This is gonna start a HUGE discussion about this now i know it

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 02:51:11

At 1/9/10 02:26 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Haha. All I meant was, they put this after a bunch of Sci Fi/Horror ads. It seemed out of place.

...ahh..

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 03:15:52

Alright guys, I'm off to Uruguay in an hour, wish me lucks

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 08:42:05

At 1/9/10 04:42 AM, hdxmike wrote: Stuff

I once had to wait 6 months for a charger and then it was the wrong one.
In fact I still need that charger.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 10:56:44

I'm practicing level design by designing Time Fcuk levels and I'm almost killing myself because I've made one just so hard.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 11:04:39

Everyone play Time Fcuk level 9151.
I'm getting good at this level design thing.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 12:07:20

At 1/9/10 11:04 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: Everyone play Time Fcuk level 9151.

TRIPLE POST?!

Why i auuugghttaaaa...!!!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 12:17:55

At 1/9/10 12:07 PM, Duchednier wrote:
TRIPLE POST?!

:(

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 12:45:21

I watched Twilight the other night with my mates. I was surprised to see it was actually as bad as everyone says it is, I thought it would at least have some quality to it. Apparently whatever quality it does have is invisible for male audiences.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 13:52:50

At 1/9/10 12:45 PM, Xeptic wrote: I watched Twilight the other night with my mates. I was surprised to see it was actually as bad as everyone says it is, I thought it would at least have some quality to it. Apparently whatever quality it does have is invisible for male audiences.

Well, it seems that thinking the main cast is attractive makes up for things such as lackluster characters and plot.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 14:53:03

Well, it seems that thinking the main cast is attractive makes up for things such as lackluster characters and plot.

Yeah. I still think "Edward" bares a striking resemblance to "Flat Top" in 'Dick Tracy'. If that's what passes for attractive these days, it may be time to scoop out my eyes with a rusty spoon. :]

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 18:06:15

At 1/9/10 12:17 PM, Deadclever23 wrote:
At 1/9/10 12:07 PM, Duchednier wrote:
TRIPLE POST?!

(

Dude is there a level icon with a picture of a cleaver? You should get to that level and stay there, then you really would be deadCLEAVER!

Mwhahaa
Twilight

Crap

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 18:16:10

At 1/9/10 06:06 PM, Duchednier wrote

Dude is there a level icon with a picture of a cleaver? You should get to that level and stay there, then you really would be deadCLEAVER!\

lvl 31

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-09 18:31:29

At 1/9/10 06:16 PM, turtleco wrote: At 1/9/10 06:06 PM, Duchednier wrote
Dude is there a level icon with a picture of a cleaver? You should get to that level and stay there, then you really would be deadCLEAVER!\
lvl 31

K deadcleaver, its your time to shine! Start workin!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-10 04:22:46

At 1/9/10 06:31 PM, Duchednier wrote: K deadcleaver, its your time to shine! Start workin!

I'm on it.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-10 05:10:47

I was thinking of capitalizing on the whole handsome vampires craze, and going with handsome zombies. What u guys think?

would you let a zombified Jonas Brother eat your brainz?

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-10 09:46:17

Let's not. Witches, witches is where it's at.

Oh wait, there's Harry Potter.

By the way I'm typing from an hotel in Uruguay

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-10 09:47:46

At 1/10/10 09:46 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Let's not. Witches, witches is where it's at.

We could do hot ass ghosts. I don't think zombies will ever really be appealing sexually.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-10 09:53:43

At 1/10/10 09:47 AM, Johnny wrote:
At 1/10/10 09:46 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Let's not. Witches, witches is where it's at.

We could do hot ass ghosts.

Dont get greedy you already had your fun with Patrick Swayze.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature