00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,527 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-08 21:01:05

gonna be playing the left 4 dead 2 demo on steam, add me. i'm fluffkomix.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 00:10:22

Another go for more opinions!

I've taken some suggestions from you guys into account for Prismatica II. Things that have changed:

The star is now larger at the beginning and scales down as you level to make it a bit easier.
Upgrades now occur every 3rd level, instead of randomly. (As such, more often)
There is a small 'screen shaking' effect whenever anything clicked.
There is now a score multiplyer (based on not allowing more than 10 seconds between hits)
I think all pixel explosions should remove themselves from the screen now.
Pixel explosions are now larger (Which may cause lag... need to know this)
Preloader works (though still just a placeholder)

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I haven't changed anything with the instructions screen yet, but I'm thinking I'll have a basic instruction screen (sort of like there is now) with a link to more advanced ones for people who want to know.

Note: There is an issue with the star not scaling back to its original size after a 'size up' upgrade is supposed to wear off. Only happens sometimes. Working on it.

Touch pads... be warned. Not touch pad friendly.

Lemme know what you guys think of the changes, especially feelings on if it's too easy/difficult, and if there's any lag for you.

Prismatica II Beta again.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 00:19:50

At 11/8/09 04:35 PM, zrb wrote:
At 11/8/09 03:52 PM, trig1 wrote: Didn't get Keith Chegwin.
Who?

Moar spam, started coloring the main thing, details (cracks, all that junk) will be later.
Took me 15 mins to find the right colors :|

I'm impressed! You're no longer just a spammer in my mind now...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 04:30:50

At 11/8/09 04:35 PM, zrb wrote:
At 11/8/09 03:52 PM, trig1 wrote: Didn't get Keith Chegwin.
Who?

Moar spam, started coloring the main thing, details (cracks, all that junk) will be later.
Took me 15 mins to find the right colors :|

Really nice looking, the color pallete is probably the highlight of the game, it sort of reminds me of Gonzossm's stuff. Thubs up.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 07:21:17

I'm following a course on Game Design this semester, we have to make a game in Game Maker...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 07:41:30

At 11/8/09 03:52 PM, trig1 wrote:
At 11/8/09 06:51 AM, knugen wrote: Did anyone try this thing out? It's almost unbelievable how he "guesses" right almost every single time :O
Didn't get Keith Chegwin.
good old cheggers...

He was the "special guest" at last years christmas party. He's still annoying

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 08:56:33

At 11/9/09 07:21 AM, Xeptic wrote: I'm following a course on Game Design this semester, we have to make a game in Game Maker...

Ouch

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 09:16:16

At 11/9/09 08:56 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 11/9/09 07:21 AM, Xeptic wrote: I'm following a course on Game Design this semester, we have to make a game in Game Maker...
Ouch

I know, turns out they don't have a working Mac version either, so that means I'll have to install Windows on my Mac, which I'd promised I'd never try again after it made my computer fatally crash a couple of months back.

Decompiler
On that note, I have a pretty much finished old game laying around, but I only managed to recover the .swf file after my computer crashed. Could someone decompile it for me? I don't feel like forking out a fortune to the folks at soThink.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 11:15:20

At 11/8/09 09:01 PM, fluffkomix wrote: gonna be playing the left 4 dead 2 demo on steam, add me. i'm fluffkomix.

Searched for you and nothing showed up, try searching me, I'm zyphonee.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 14:30:55

Let's just remember that Death Worm was made in game maker.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 15:31:37

At 11/9/09 02:30 PM, Deadclever23 wrote: Let's just remember that Death Worm was made in game maker.

and Spelunky

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 15:36:28

So what's everyones current animation? Did you learn any new tricks from it? And what's everyones deadline for it if there is one?

My animation is Relaxatives. Yeah, you'll see when it's finished :P

Basically, I pretty much learnt audio from it. I mean, I new how to import it and everything, but I learned much more, like how to actually delete it from the frame, and other stuff. I also learned a lot about lip synching.

My deadline is December 31st. What about any of you guys?

The Problems of the Future, by Everyone!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 16:04:55

At 11/9/09 03:36 PM, bl00db47h wrote: So what's everyones current animation? Did you learn any new tricks from it? And what's everyones deadline for it if there is one?

My animation is Relaxatives. Yeah, you'll see when it's finished :P

Basically, I pretty much learnt audio from it. I mean, I new how to import it and everything, but I learned much more, like how to actually delete it from the frame, and other stuff. I also learned a lot about lip synching.

My deadline is December 31st. What about any of you guys?

Working on my first big game project and trying to put myself on the map. Learnt a lot about how different things are in practice.
Deadline is Feb next year.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 17:16:57

a couple of collabs, but the big project is "Mobile Stereotype Suit G Gundam". It won't be done for some time. I'm being real picky so the fbf purists don't get butthurt, and feel compelled to bless me with their infinite propensity for "zero reviews". Nothing says, "Job well done", like a bunch of zeroes from people who've never created anything in their whole life. Ooo snaps.

What I've been learning on this project:

1. No laziness. None.
2. Rework the script constantly.
3. Deadline does not apply to this project.
4. Use voice actors on NG, otherwise they'll feel butthurt.

I have another super secret ongoing thing, that's so inflammatory, I might have someone else release it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 20:13:15

At 11/9/09 08:04 PM, zrb wrote: Update:
Hope you guys like my vision of the colours. This is what it looked like in my head.
I will be putting statues in those big black hole/entrace things !
And then cracks, broken stone, junk.

Floor is temporary !

Sweet I really like how vibrant it is. only thing i suggest is making the floor a slight different tone under the 'rainbow gradient' so it stands out as a floor rather than the walls behind. The character stands out which is good too. good work so far, interested to see how the background objects turn out!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 20:21:07

At 11/9/09 08:04 PM, zrb wrote: Update:
Hope you guys like my vision of the colours. This is what it looked like in my head.
I will be putting statues in those big black hole/entrace things !
And then cracks, broken stone, junk.

Floor is temporary !

looked better before

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 21:26:09

At 11/9/09 08:30 PM, zrb wrote:
Maybe I should try shading the walls to colours similar to those without filter raping it.
I'll see what I can do to change it to look a bit more like before.

What do you think of something more of the lines of this ?
Although its more neat and less ruin-y I could deal with that.

As long as that 1 frame doesn't become shitloads of lag O.o

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 21:31:51

At 11/9/09 09:26 PM, Duchednier wrote: As long as that 1 frame doesn't become shitloads of lag O.o

Bitmaps are your friend.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-09 23:35:45

I have to do an art project where I have to make something one can wear that has one big advantage but may cause many more problems or inconveniences.

Have you guys heard of thisbefore?

Examples

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 14:35:15

Anyone else grab CoD:MW2 today? Holy shit, FUN! Ive only played probably half the single player so far and its absolutely insane, multiplayer is what I got it for though. Its everything I could have possibly hoped for really, what a great game! This things gonna ruin my final year at uni :)

If anyone wants a game (PS3) add me: jimpuk

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 14:51:57

Been playing the mp for a good part of the day. It's great as expected.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 14:54:04

At 11/10/09 02:51 PM, Xeptic wrote: Been playing the mp for a good part of the day. It's great as expected.

I don't have a 360

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 15:07:42

At 11/10/09 02:35 PM, Jimp wrote: Anyone else grab CoD:MW2 today? Holy shit, FUN! Ive only played probably half the single player so far and its absolutely insane, multiplayer is what I got it for though. Its everything I could have possibly hoped for really, what a great game! This things gonna ruin my final year at uni :)

Man, I'm so between buying that and Left 4 Dead 2, I think I'll wait 'til November 17th and then, if I've got some money left in my empty pokets, I guess I'll give Modern Warfare 2 a shot, I bet it must be great...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 16:33:59

At 11/10/09 03:07 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Man, I'm so between buying that and Left 4 Dead 2, I think I'll wait 'til November 17th and then, if I've got some money left in my empty pokets, I guess I'll give Modern Warfare 2 a shot, I bet it must be great...

I think I'm going to get left 4 dead2,
valve isn't too shabby either when it comes to sequels.
I never had the first, but they had a free PC demo up on steam.
Pret-ty sweet, but i'm still a teeny bit unsure.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 17:23:56

Im gunna get both.. soon.

Cannot wait <3 Played the L4D2 demo, fun as shit with machetes and guitars. SOUTHERN

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-10 20:00:43

At 11/10/09 02:35 PM, Jimp wrote: Anyone else grab CoD:MW2 today? Holy shit, FUN! Ive only played probably half the single player so far and its absolutely insane, multiplayer is what I got it for though. Its everything I could have possibly hoped for really, what a great game! This things gonna ruin my final year at uni :)

I pre-ordered it at Play.com, they guaranteed it would be here on release day but it didn't arrive (they only shipped it Monday night!). I hope it arrives today (well, Wednesday, it's technically Wednesday), because I do want to plays it >:P

If anyone wants a game (PS3) add me: jimpuk

I shall, I'm 'notliam' btw if anyone hasn't added me :p

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-11 12:37:47

Not to add to the Video Game Regs Lounge, but I've discovered that if you buy popular games on Amazon as preorder they usually give you a $10-20 coupon for your next game. I preordered MW2 and got a $20 coupon towards Mario Bros Wii (got it for $26), then I got a coupon from that for another $10. A lot better than whatever you're getting a retail.

In other news my wife is painting acrylic paintings of some of my Flash games for the AG office. Super awesome.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-11 14:13:09

At 11/11/09 12:37 PM, jmtb02 wrote: In other news my wife is painting acrylic paintings of some of my Flash games for the AG office. Super awesome.

Super awesome indeed!
Take some pics for us please!

Oh, and remember that the only reasonable gift you can give back are games based on her paintings.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-11 14:35:46

Working Out
Does anyone here work out?
I've just started doing it and I'm just wondering if anyone else does.
If so what exercises do you do?
How much weight/reps?
And what's your targets?

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-11 14:57:03

At 11/11/09 02:35 PM, Deadclever23 wrote: Working Out

I did once for a few months, I stopped because I didn't like being sore all the time.