• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 13:54:36 Reply

At 1/6/09 01:37 PM, Xeptic wrote:
At 1/6/09 01:03 PM, crushy wrote:
Oxford is good too.
Wow, that's a pretty surreal story. Good thing you weren't hurt and they didn't steal anything though. That could have turned out a lot worse. Besides, chicks will dig this story, honestly.

More so with a few modifications, 'and then I kicked him to the floor. Then was all like 'you come near my house again and you're dead', then he ran off running and screaming'.

Ultimate plan for when burglers come... well.. just watch home alone :3

Also, beware of women. They may burn your penis off.

UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 14:26:25 Reply

At 1/6/09 02:18 PM, jmtb02 wrote: * 2 people home at the time (obviously a home is going to have multiple individuals)
* Stealing from brother's room and never checked for other people being home? Obviously they must have heard you in the kitchen.
* Why were the robbers talking to you? Wouldn't they just restrain you on discovery as they did your brother? Being bad ass gets you nothing, robbing things does.
* Why would they both go after you, leaving your brother to escape?

Ddin't he say he was home alone? :S

* Where did they get a balaclava without eye or mouth holes?

haha. Google doesn't help. Maybe it was just a hat pulled down? :P
More importantly, how could he see? Was his mate just there to guide him round?

* Why might you have to go to court when the robbers are still at-large? Who's hearing or trial is this?

I think he meant if they got caught ;)

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 14:28:04 Reply

I originally made a rant about how I thought the story didn't make much sense but I felt it was insensitive to your situation. I apologize for my questioning.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 14:29:42 Reply

At 1/6/09 02:26 PM, UnknownFury wrote: Ddin't he say he was home alone? :S

I misread what he wrote, I thought he said his brother was in his room.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 14:39:37 Reply

At 1/6/09 02:18 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Hate to seem insensitive but so much of your story doesn't make sense :(. Is this a UK thing?

It's a conspiracy i tells ya. I doubt he made it up, if he did, he would create a thread or something. I don't think there would be much aim to it. Sounds scary, i would personally have kicked there asses, or ran away screaming, both are plausible (maybe the latter more so :p).

Religilous

Anyone seen it, i just watched it, and it does give some great points about religion. It seems odd how people with PHDs and college educations still believe that someone could live for 3 days in a whale.

At 1/6/09 12:17 PM, dELtaluca wrote: above midlands = fail, except newcastle.

Ah, gotta agree with you there, being born there in all :P.

At 1/6/09 12:03 PM, Luis wrote: I've always thought you were an alt of Denvish....

What an odd assumption.

>_>
<_<

BBS Signature
crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 15:36:15 Reply

I understand it sounds a bit far-fetched, but at no point have I made myself look 'hardcore' in any way lol.

And about the balaclava, I mentioned it had no eye-holes because that was the most characteristic thing about them other than the first guy's voice. When the police asked concerning my statement about their appearance I knew very little as I can only recall totally black clothing with only the balaclava that was odd, I think he could see through the stitching as I can remember saying he was white as I'd seen his skin vaguely through the material. They asked for my attendance at court because there have been a string of robberies involving primarily TVs in my typically quiet area, my statement would put them in for longer if they get caught in the future. I hope they do, I'd happily extend their sentence.

I know a kid who's dad is a professor at Oxford for one of the sciences, I think it was Physics. I was pretty surprised when I found all the bibles in his house. Although you can't expect everyone intelligent to be atheist, it's just that for someone that has spent his entire live learning and basing everything he knows on scientific fact to then have faith that something exists without that, it's a bit odd.

BBS Signature
BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 16:08:08 Reply

At 1/6/09 01:37 PM, Coaly wrote: an ax, and if I don't have a knife in my inventory.

LoLoL

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 16:13:55 Reply

At 1/6/09 03:36 PM, crushy wrote: I know a kid who's dad is a professor at Oxford for one of the sciences, I think it was Physics. I was pretty surprised when I found all the bibles in his house. Although you can't expect everyone intelligent to be atheist, it's just that for someone that has spent his entire live learning and basing everything he knows on scientific fact to then have faith that something exists without that, it's a bit odd.

A friend of mine recently bought a copy of the bible, qu'ran and mormon bible from amazon.. He's very atheist and just bought them for reference, I suppose.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 17:44:11 Reply

At 1/6/09 04:13 PM, liaaaam wrote: A friend of mine recently bought a copy of the bible, qu'ran and mormon bible from amazon.. He's very atheist and just bought them for reference, I suppose.

Did you check his bathroom? Maybe he was out of toilet paper again.

ZIIIIIIIIIIIING

None

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 20:13:55 Reply

At 1/6/09 01:03 PM, crushy wrote: Meh...

Whoa, thats scary. It's always one of my first fears for someone to break into my house, the thing is, I live in a town of about 10,000 and the only major crime we've had happen in the past 20 years (I think) is getting the bank robbed.

As for how you took it: That would be way better than what I would do. I probably get on my knees and beg, and tell them they could take anything they wanted if they didn't kill me. If I ran they'd probably catch me and I doubt I'd have the balls to run.

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 20:14:38 Reply

At 1/6/09 07:02 PM, jmtb02 wrote: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172 156

Wow.

Why can't UGOplayer go back to the days of FlashPlayer where they don't hate animators?
The only reason I found NG is because I got so tired of UGOplayer.

Rudy
Rudy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 20:22:14 Reply

My birthday is tomorrow... do I get a birthday flash animation? :D ahah.
or a thread? or something?

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-06 22:18:59 Reply

At 1/6/09 08:22 PM, Rudy wrote: My birthday is tomorrow... do I get a birthday flash animation? :D ahah.
or a thread? or something?

Lol. Here it is:

Newgrounds
or since it will probably be blammed (maybe before you see it):
STW

BBS Signature
Rudy
Rudy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 07:03:21 Reply

At 1/6/09 10:18 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: Newgrounds

haha it made it ;) thanks!

The below is copied from my newspost:

Hello everyone,

Today is my birthday, and I finally released my top-secret, 52 Weeks Project! The Fifty-Two Week Project is an idea I've had for a while to create. For a whole year, I will be animating an animation a week until my 18th Birthday. I am currently 17, and as a starting point -- I decided to submit on my birthday. This is going to be a challenge for me, especially for thinking of 52 ideas for a whole year, but I'm sure it'll pull together nicely.

I'll be submitting every Wednesday until my 18th Birthday, so once the new duedate hits, I'll have to have the animation finished on time by that day. This gives me a week to complete an animation. I'll usually start doing the idea on Thursday, Sketch it out in my notebook Friday, Move it into Flash on Saturday, Than finish it all up by Wednesday and submit. This is what I'll be doing for a whole year. I will try to keep the ideas and animations unique, and not repetitive -- Hopefully, I can be as original as possible. Wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy the challenge!

I'll try to update this post with all the submissions, as well as website, which will be up soon with a compilation of the submissions as well!

*Sorry for the downtime of my site, I'm working on it! It'll be up in the next 24/48 hours! As well as the 52 Week compilation page!

Enjoy!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 11:58:20 Reply

At 1/7/09 07:03 AM, Rudy wrote:
At 1/6/09 10:18 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: Newgrounds
haha it made it ;) thanks!

The below is copied from my newspost:

Sounds like fun and will require a lot dedication. Good luck :)!

And happy birfday.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 12:21:41 Reply

At 1/7/09 07:03 AM, Rudy wrote:
At 1/6/09 10:18 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/47 7506

Cool little song, happy birthday :D

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 13:42:41 Reply

At 1/7/09 11:58 AM, jmtb02 wrote: And happy birfday.

Yeah, good luck with the project, it'll be a great addition to a portfolio.

Also, congrats on monthly win john.

BBS Signature
Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 13:58:29 Reply

Good Luck with the project Rudy. Weekly stuff sounds easier than it is to keep up!

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 14:00:58 Reply

At 1/7/09 01:58 PM, SweetSkater wrote: Good Luck with the project Rudy. Weekly stuff sounds easier than it is to keep up!

Anyone else have problems keepin it up? sorry too much info i know. :*(

None

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 14:19:06 Reply

At 1/7/09 02:00 PM, Luis wrote: Anyone else have problems keepin it up? sorry too much info i know. :*(

You're probably the only one, gramps.

BBS Signature
TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 15:47:30 Reply

At 1/7/09 02:19 PM, Xeptic wrote:
At 1/7/09 02:00 PM, Luis wrote: Anyone else have problems keepin it up? sorry too much info i know. :*(
You're probably the only one, gramps.

I could do well with a good girl right 'bout now actually...

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 21:41:48 Reply

Holidays over

Well since the holidays are over, I have no more break meaning no more Newgrounds until this summer since I'm going to Europe for 14 days starting from March break.

Bye guys...again :P

I'll still be making Flashes though.

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-07 22:11:45 Reply

At 1/7/09 05:09 PM, Wasim wrote: No, not the prophet Job I mean I have a part-time job as aFlash Animator for a TV Channel.

That sounds exciting. :]
I've always wanted to do flash as a job, but
i'm not old enough yet, and i can't animate too good. :/
Oh well; 'grats for getting an awesome job.

At 1/7/09 09:41 PM, zrb wrote: Holidays over

Well since the holidays are over, I have no more break meaning no more Newgrounds until this summer since I'm going to Europe for 14 days starting from March break.

Bye guys...again :P

I'll miss you again, zrb. :[

I'll still be making Flashes though.

Good.

KNOW YOUR PLACE.

what

BBS Signature
RiverJordan
RiverJordan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-08 00:23:35 Reply

At 1/7/09 09:41 PM, zrb wrote: Holidays over

Sweet you is going to Europe!?! i'm actually going to Japan for 10 days end of this march, fun times shall be had ^_^

BYEEEE ZRB, and i know i haven't really been on much lately either. I'm working on this photoshop piece, i have exams in school, and i have a girlfriend now. . . thats the important one... that last point

girlfriends are nice =3
samsonloftin
samsonloftin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-08 09:51:16 Reply

At 1/8/09 12:23 AM, Duchednier wrote: Sweet you is going to Europe!?! i'm actually going to Japan for 10 days end of this march, fun times shall be had ^_^

and I am going no where =D

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-08 10:51:12 Reply

The Fulps are taking over Digg :( I used to be content with my 1-2 friends activity a day (my friend list is teeny) but now it's like.. 120+. Over 90 profile changes between Wade and Tom O_O I suppose it counts friend additions to that. Oh well, I have more profile views than Tom, I'm hardcore.

It's Thursday and I haven't been to a lecture yet.

I have to write a report on my crappy c++ game by tomorrow morning, yay

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-08 12:20:41 Reply

Digg is pretty broken.

AG, Kong, and bunch of other game sites use to be really Digg competitive since Digg drives a lot of traffic. It used to be difficult but not impossible to get Flash content dugg with a few friends and website fans digging an article. But when they switched up the site with the recommendation engine / different algorithm the smaller users got buried and suddenly we couldn't digg content any longer... neither could the big sites. It now comes down to whether a power Digg user finds our content and submits it.

A few months ago we had a game reach nearly 150 diggs in 24 hours... never got popular. So I'm interested in seeing if Tom can pull it off, it's near impossible these days.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-08 13:47:45 Reply

At 1/8/09 12:20 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Stuff

I know what you mean, I was thinking.. with the help of the NG community tom could easily become a "power user". I'm pretty sure I see all your games on Digg still, but I'm not keeping track :P

BBS Signature
RiverJordan
RiverJordan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-08 16:51:59 Reply

HEY GUYS! So basically a reason that I haven't been working on exile since last saturday is because of THE IMAGE BELOW

Its the first realism picture i've made, and its F*CKING HUGE!!!

Here is the lineart that i drew originally, yes this whole sentience is a link, just click this sentience woo.

Comments/criticism accepted, im pretty bad with skin texture but i'll probably end up adding some crappy one eventually =3

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge