00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,835 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 22:52:27

At 6/24/08 10:22 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote:
At 6/24/08 08:15 PM, Luis wrote:
At 6/24/08 07:41 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Game Ideas
The way I actually wanted to build the game is as you start out as a sperm
DONT COPY ME.
On to my next idea then.

i was kidding. go for it! That was an abandoned idea .. sorry Toast <33333333333333333333

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 00:32:40

FYI Luis has launched the Sketchbook Collab and decidedly made it so that the first 100 askers get to participate meaning if you decided to spend time with your dying grandmother tonight you'll totally get your spot taken up by SonicMario2344. Better sign up quick.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 00:46:38

At 6/25/08 12:32 AM, jmtb02 wrote: FYI Luis has launched the Sketchbook Collab and decidedly made it so that the first 100 askers get to participate meaning if you decided to spend time with your dying grandmother tonight you'll totally get your spot taken up by SonicMario2344. Better sign up quick.

Thanks for that, I MAY have missed out had I not read that post. I've always enjoyed the projects so it will be awesome to be a part of it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 01:24:09

At 6/24/08 01:31 PM, NegativeONE wrote: Done right, it could be great. I wanna make a racer eventually,

Doesn't anyone think a game like this could just have a windscreen and a steering wheel attached to become a racer?

Click my sig for a hilarious thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 01:34:46

At 6/25/08 01:24 AM, Wolfears2 wrote:
At 6/24/08 01:31 PM, NegativeONE wrote: Done right, it could be great. I wanna make a racer eventually,
Doesn't anyone think a game like this could just have a windscreen and a steering wheel attached to become a racer?

I think it would take more than that to really be exciting. Right now it's just kinda dodge-left-right gameplay. Neat use of pseudo-3D, but a ways to go before it's more than a temporary distraction.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 06:07:55

I've been burning in the desert of despair,
Hoping that one day life will be fair.
Theirs a thousands sites a man can see.
The one with you is where I wanna be.

A, B, C, easy as 1, 2, ...8?

I had a nice quater pounder with cheese. :3

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 09:02:58

I found the song "Learn to fly" by the foo fighters, and it reminded me of my first animation days because i think i tried to make a collab part to it. Good memories. It actually made my day, anyone else have songs that reminded them of how they started out?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 09:14:56

At 6/25/08 09:02 AM, SweetSkater wrote: I found the song "Learn to fly" by the foo fighters, and it reminded me of my first animation days because i think i tried to make a collab part to it. Good memories. It actually made my day, anyone else have songs that reminded them of how they started out?

No but Dave Grohl's mom was my english teacher :P

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 09:55:38

Blah.

Anyone want to spend their front page posts to spell out something awesome?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 10:25:29

At 6/24/08 07:41 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Game Ideas

Why don't you just think of it from another perspective? Say for example instead of narrowing the perspective of the game to the adventures of 1 sperm, why don't you broaden it to a whole load. Or even better, loads. Two ideas aside from the traditional side-scroller, is a game where instead of leading 1 spearm, you lead a whole fleet. At the end of each level you have to maintain a certain sperm count and then you could have some sort of button sequence, mini-game type thing to get the sperm into the egg.

Another idea I had is similar, but imagine the pregnancy process as a war rather than a journey. And then you just take an RTS spin on it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 10:29:31

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 11:07:35

Stupid blindspots!

Didn't pass my motorbike test today, i had no faults and she told me i did everytihng perfectly for everything except that i wasn't checking my blindspots well enough when moving from stationary, i was fine checking them when moving, just not from stationary >.>

ah well.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 11:54:51

At 6/24/08 10:52 PM, Luis wrote:
At 6/24/08 10:22 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote:
On to my next idea then.
i was kidding. go for it! That was an abandoned idea .. sorry Toast <33333333333333333333

Lol, great you just crushed my hopes and then say your kidding.

<3 You

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 12:57:16

At 6/25/08 11:07 AM, dELtaluca wrote: Stupid blindspots!

Are you going to try again? Im pretty sure you have another chance to try it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 12:58:59

At 6/25/08 12:57 PM, Blackfang wrote: Are you going to try again? Im pretty sure you have another chance to try it.

you can take the test as many times as you need, you just have to keep paying ;) although there is a 2 week gap that you have to have.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 13:11:39

Back from my ban

Becuase I quoted text :P, Its ok Kayn

Flash Reg Song

Yup I was bored yesterday (cuz I was bannned) so I started writing the flash reg song, right now it...pretty much sucks, but ya know, I'm only 13 :D. Here it is:

I love the lounge
and the people here too
like Kayn, Kart-man
and the creator - Lu
We're like a mini general
only with the smarts
We have intelligent convos
not about masterbation or farts
Were better than general
'cuz we talk about flash too
We talk out one topic
and we a start one anew
The general forum is like a mine field
one post in a spammy thread
Your done, and forced to yield
Don't piss off the mods
they'll make it worse
thats the general forums curse

We got user of the year
No bodies, somebodies
and front pagers all postin here
We're like a community in itself
We come here when were drunk
And we talk about our wealth
Enough about us, how about you
oh yeah, your in general
talking about your doo doo
We have our own language
its ASHKINSCRIP 3.0
You wouldn't get it, no
Your so stupid, you make me lmao
ASHKINSCRIP 3.0, WHAT NOW?

We're the reg lounge
We're the coolest beans on newgrounds

We're the reg lounge
We're the kings just give us our crowns

We're the reg lounge:
We're actually friends with the mods

We're the reg lounge:
We don't have any of "the todds" (Scrubs reference)

We're the reg lounge
You just talk, we make flash

We're the reg lounge
But in the end we're the ones makin cash

We're the reg lounge
We encourage, we don't hate

We're the reg lounge
We're takin over the portal, just wait

Yup, that was pretty embarrassing...and heres my ban message:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 13:41:11

At 6/25/08 01:01 PM, zrb wrote:
you can take the test as many times as you need, you just have to keep paying ;)
How many times do you think it will take you to pass it ?

because it was nothing to do with riding the bike itself, next time should do, i just need to remember to be more careful about making them clear.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 13:44:11

At 6/25/08 01:11 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
Flash Reg Song

Lol I loved it =)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 13:55:52

At 6/25/08 01:41 PM, dELtaluca wrote: because it was nothing to do with riding the bike itself, next time should do, i just need to remember to be more careful about making them clear.

Yeah you're fine mine. Now you know what you did wrong this time you'll get it =P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 14:10:00

How do you rank up.

Godfather

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 14:12:16

At 6/25/08 02:10 PM, Godfather7412 wrote: How do you rank up.

Voting on 5 flashes a day...This question belongs in Wi/Ht forum, not the flash forum (or the reg lounge for that matter)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 14:13:17

Thanks

Godfather

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 15:21:36

The Affect of Emotes In Textual Communication

I found this, which is pretty much a paper on the subject. I'm wondering though, because I'm currently in a debate about this issue, does the use of emotes change the way textual messages are interpreted?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 15:26:09

Whats that animation book everyone always recommends? Ive been thinking of picking one up, whats the best one to get? Itd be good to find something that covers all areas of animation... from characters to backgrounds to lip syncing... any ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 15:26:17

At 6/25/08 03:21 PM, Deathcon7 wrote: The Affect of Emotes In Textual Communication

I found this, which is pretty much a paper on the subject. I'm wondering though, because I'm currently in a debate about this issue, does the use of emotes change the way textual messages are interpreted?

if by interpreted you mean, the message recieved; then i think they most certainly do, textual messages are not a very good means of communication because you cannot accurately write down the emotions in which the message is meant to be received. You might have a textual message that can be interpreted in many different ways, a compliment, a joke, an insult what have you, but there i no way of knowing out of context what is meant. Emotions help to alleviate this problem.

If i were to give an insulting text to someone, but accompany it with a smile, it is more likely to be intepreted as a playful comment as opposed to an insult. Example.

"You cock!" could be interpreted as insulting
"You cock! :D" is more likely to be interpreted as playful joke or even a compliment :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 15:41:07

YOu cock! >=( :@ >.<

And on that note, how would you lot feel about me starting weekly actionscript challenges?

I really liked them before and I would love to start them again, would I have your support?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 15:45:14

At 6/25/08 03:41 PM, RyanPridgeon wrote:
I really liked them before and I would love to start them again, would I have your support?

NO ;D

see wut i did thar?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 16:26:22

At 6/25/08 03:26 PM, J1mp wrote: Whats that animation book everyone always recommends?

Animators Survival Kit by Richard Williams. Preachy but helpful.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 16:33:47

At 6/25/08 01:11 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
Flash Reg Song

We're the reg lounge

I was screwed up on... "candy" one time and starting singing "Post in the reg lounge... POST FOR YOUR LIVES!" in the tune/melody of Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden.
I like that song. ^^

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-25 16:36:02

At 6/25/08 03:21 PM, Deathcon7 wrote: The Affect of Emotes In Textual Communication

Yes, most definitely. I can't think of any examples at the moment though, I'll tell you when one comes to me.