00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,861,989 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 08:50:27

At 6/24/08 08:47 AM, Luis wrote: I hope its not.... one of my annoyances with dA is that you can shit on someones face... upload it and youll still get positive feedback on it.... people have no balls there to tell you your shit sucks.

Yeah, I used to go there to check how my mate's artsy stuff was doing. There's seriously not one negative review on the entire site (at least there wasn't when I used to go), and some of the stuff there is balls.

Being lovely and friendly is great, but sometimes you need brutal feedback so you can improve :P

That said, it's great that artists over there aren't pressured into appealing to an impossible audience of idiots.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 09:30:21

The hardest part of animating
I think it's character animation, I'll never be able to get that part right.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 11:05:16

Walking cycles always take me the longest in an animation =_= i hate them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 11:30:50

At 6/23/08 06:01 PM, atomic-noodle wrote: Camp North
Camp north is launchin on the 30th, anyone excited? Also, im look for a few beta testers so if ur interested PM me. That is all.

What compelled you to call it Camp North?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 11:32:21

At 6/24/08 11:05 AM, adman1993 wrote: Walking cycles always take me the longest in an animation =_= i hate them

I always get lazy and end up doubling every other frame :s

Actually, at the moment I'm forcing myself to do one walk or attack cycle every day. If I let them all pile up then nothing'll get done, so spreading them out should make development a hell of a lot smoother.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 11:41:17

My next little Project

I'm currently working on quite a large project with Evan, however as another smaller project that I hope to slot into my remaing spare time this summer is to re-create an old ZX Spectrum game called Frank N. Stein (I won't be suprised if none of you have even heard of it, nevermind played it!).

Why this game you ask? Well it just so happens that the creator of that game (Colin Stewart) is my father! He created the game when he was around 16-17 (1984), and since I'm at a similar age now I thought it would be fitting to re-create my Dad's classic with the latest technology (Namely, ActionScript 3) and then suprise him with it!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:07:30

At 6/24/08 11:41 AM, Gutya wrote: Why this game you ask? Well it just so happens that the creator of that game (Colin Stewart) is my father! He created the game when he was around 16-17 (1984), and since I'm at a similar age now I thought it would be fitting to re-create my Dad's classic with the latest technology (Namely, ActionScript 3) and then suprise him with it!

That's a wonderful idea! I'm sure your father will be thrilled with your remake!

What business is your father in now days?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:22:29

At 6/24/08 12:07 PM, Senti wrote: That's a wonderful idea! I'm sure your father will be thrilled with your remake!

What business is your father in now days?

He works as a Software Developer these days.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:24:03

Dreams

Dreams really are weird. I just got Metal Gear Solid 4 and its the first time ive played a Metal Gear Game in god knows how long, and ive been having dreams about MG. Its creepy actually. This one was about me in Atlantic City, New jersey, and i just keep seeing FROGs and the BNB chicks flying in the sky while PMCs keep boardwalk watch. freaky.

BTW: HAPPY 1900 POOOSSTTTT

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:37:00

Game Ideas

I've been giving serious thought to making a game where you play as a sperm and your mission is to fertilize an egg.

Any thoughts? It feels like this might have been done before.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:44:26

At 6/24/08 12:37 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Game Ideas

I think it has before, hasn't it? sounds like something that should of been at least. Its getting hard now to think up original games now and a days :P, seems like everything has been taken..

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:48:18

At 6/24/08 08:47 AM, Luis wrote: NG>dA forever.

Yeah thats one of the things that irk me about dA. Everyone's so nice and proper AND they police your art waaay to much.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:51:45

I agree, the only real thing I dislike about deviantart is the audience at times. I think people choose to not respond if they have something negative to say instead of just saying it because they worry about hurting feelings.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 12:58:58

At 6/24/08 12:51 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I agree, the only real thing I dislike about deviantart is the audience at times. I think people choose to not respond if they have something negative to say instead of just saying it because they worry about hurting feelings.

I'd say that they are more worried about getting banned. you get banned for EVERYTHING on there.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 13:03:44

At 6/24/08 12:44 PM, x-factor11 wrote:
At 6/24/08 12:37 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Game Ideas
I think it has before, hasn't it? sounds like something that should of been at least. Its getting hard now to think up original games now and a days :P, seems like everything has been taken..

Been done at least three times : [
New ideas are tough. But sometimes you don't even really need an idea. Just take an existing construct and do it exceedingly well. Hell, NG doesn't even really have a tight racing game yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 13:05:39

At 6/24/08 01:03 PM, NegativeONE wrote: New ideas are tough. But sometimes you don't even really need an idea. Just take an existing construct and do it exceedingly well. Hell, NG doesn't even really have a tight racing game yet.

I was just thinking that a third-person racer with a flat, 3D bitmap ground would be pretty good if done right. What do other people think?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 13:16:54

Yea as far as redoing concepts, take for example almost every game on the front page.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 13:31:23

At 6/24/08 01:05 PM, Paranoia wrote: I was just thinking that a third-person racer with a flat, 3D bitmap ground would be pretty good if done right. What do other people think?

Done right, it could be great. I wanna make a racer eventually, just too much on my plate at the moment. Maybe the finished product of yours will be an inspiration to get mine rolling, heheh.

Ah feck, that's a pun, isn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 13:43:19

I only wanna make origanal games. Button Finder was an origianal concept so I've ended up making three versions 'cos I can't think of other ideas.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 14:07:52

At 6/24/08 01:31 PM, NegativeONE wrote:
At 6/24/08 01:05 PM, Paranoia wrote: I was just thinking that a third-person racer with a flat, 3D bitmap ground would be pretty good if done right. What do other people think?
Done right, it could be great. I wanna make a racer eventually, just too much on my plate at the moment. Maybe the finished product of yours will be an inspiration to get mine rolling, heheh.

Nah, I'm too busy too right now too. I'd like to give it a go eventually, though. Hopefully once I've got all my other projects done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 14:15:18

yea, if I were to make a racing game, id end up being like glaiel-gamer's Krazy kar

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 15:10:20

At 6/24/08 01:05 PM, Paranoia wrote:
At 6/24/08 01:03 PM, NegativeONE wrote: New ideas are tough. But sometimes you don't even really need an idea. Just take an existing construct and do it exceedingly well. Hell, NG doesn't even really have a tight racing game yet.

Ahh, I remember the good ol' days when drag racer v.3 was the coolest thing I'd ever played.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 15:41:48

At 6/24/08 03:10 PM, Evan wrote: Ahh, I remember the good ol' days when drag racer v.3 was the coolest thing I'd ever played.

Ah yes, and it graced the front page for a solid 2.3 years I believe. Give or take a couple months...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 18:08:24

Jiggmin's platform racing was really popular recently, yes?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 19:40:45

Penis: tought you'd be interested

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 19:41:49

Game Ideas

It felt like that had been done before... But as many of you have said, a lot of concepts have been used and many games are just reconstructions of others. I may try to draw up some sprites and see if it looks good enough where I want to find a programmer and continue it.

The way I actually wanted to build the game is as you start out as a sperm in the urethra, where you have to make your way around small blocks and such. Then as you get to each stage in the game, (vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tube, and to the egg) each one becomes like a mini-game in itself. Similar to the style of Glaiel and BoM's Nuctracker game.

I don't know, I just think it'd be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 20:15:09

At 6/24/08 07:41 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Game Ideas
The way I actually wanted to build the game is as you start out as a sperm

DONT COPY ME.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 22:08:31

At 6/24/08 06:08 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Jiggmin's platform racing was really popular recently, yes?

It was catchy due to its online play, but if you took it offline, you wouldn't really have NG's definitive racing game in your hands. I enjoyed it, but not for the reasons I mean when I say that NG doesn't really have a great racer yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 22:21:44

Ideas

There are original ideas still. It just might be more eccentric than is normal, but whatever if it's a new idea and it's fun. I was glad to see a game I worked on being called original by lots of people. Like others have mentioned about themselves, that's what I want to strive for. There's too much of the same shit.

Luis, that looks fucked up.

NG Spills in to Spore

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/SlickP roductions

Check out some of that persons creations. Angry Faic, Strawberry Clock. I thought it was humourous.

And if you haven't, download the Spore Creature Creator demo. Amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-24 22:22:15

At 6/24/08 08:15 PM, Luis wrote:
At 6/24/08 07:41 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Game Ideas
The way I actually wanted to build the game is as you start out as a sperm
DONT COPY ME.

On to my next idea then.

BBS Signature