00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,878,815 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 18:16:13

At 6/21/08 06:12 PM, Coaly wrote: How do you know this? or...how do you figure it out I mean.

Basically, you just use getTimer and then a for loop.

var timer:int = getTimer();
for (var i:int = 0; i < 1000000; i += 1) something to test;
trace( getTimer() - timer );

Those particular numbers thoguh are from this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 18:19:30

At 6/21/08 06:16 PM, GuyWithHisComp wrote:
At 6/21/08 06:12 PM, Coaly wrote: How do you know this? or...how do you figure it out I mean.

More interesting reading is available here.

At 6/21/08 06:12 PM, BoMToons wrote: Write an email or a PM to Tom about the low payback on CPM ads and see what he says. Maybe you can encourage him to tell CPM star to raise the rates so that everyone doesn't switch over to mochi.

Hmm.. Don't you know Tom pretty well, I guess it's much easier to get a reply if you do? ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 18:46:21

Well 3-1 to Russia and it easily could have been 6-1...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 18:58:47

At 6/21/08 06:19 PM, knugen wrote: More interesting reading is available here.

Cool, some of that is very interesting, and I feel like it will make my stuff less susceptible to laggg.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 19:03:47

All bases belongs to the US?

Oh gawd, is this intentional?

I just saw this in the All your base r belong 2 us collection. It almost looks like all bases belongs to USA and not 'us'. Weird, huh? Or is it Tom Fulp's evil doing?

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 19:11:02

*pant pant*

I CAME HERE A LITTLE LATE BUT FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

RUSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA

I can still hear ppl honking their horns outside in my russian community.

BEEP BEEP BEBEBEEP BEBEBEEP BEBEEP!!!!

SO MANY RUSSIAN FLAGS MAKES MY HEART SMILE =D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 19:13:31

At 6/21/08 07:11 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: I CAME HERE A LITTLE LATE BUT FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh dear, we've already forgot about Euro 2008 in this thread. Noone is interested anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 19:13:39

Re:Russia

At 6/21/08 06:46 PM, patu1 wrote: Well 3-1 to Russia and it easily could have been 6-1...

Well done. I was supporting Holland though so a bit of a shame they are out. I have only watched one or two matches the whole tournament though. Wish Engl-er-land were in. Oh well.

Well done :)

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 19:22:53

I'm tired of people talking about nationalities/football, surely there is another topic.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 19:59:21

At 6/21/08 07:22 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I'm tired of people talking about nationalities/football, surely there is another topic.

Ya, football's had enough time in the spotlight.

So...anyone else here like soccer?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 20:04:53

Fuck Russia. How can you not like that Orange?

I am sad.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 20:17:05

I am drowning myself in beer. My bladder disagrees.

I admit we played like shit. No more football topics from me...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 20:30:35

Football

At 6/21/08 07:59 PM, CrazyChihuahua wrote:
At 6/21/08 07:22 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I'm tired of people talking about nationalities/football, surely there is another topic.
Ya, football's had enough time in the spotlight.

Well, here's an interesting question for you.

'What do you think of foreign players in English football?'

I have my opinions on it. If you're not English, how do you feel about foriengers coming into your countries league, or how do you feel about what you see coming from England, Spain, Italy, France etc..?

I made a short vox-pop documentary on this question, look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpfikZVa i4

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 23:18:09

I'm using my 3,000th post to bump this up from the bottom of the first page ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-21 23:22:51

RE: Futbol

Seriously, like I said before USA isn't good at it. So lets talk about something else

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 00:06:16

OMFG.

K I'm never talking sports in my life. It just took 7 hours after the game for the people in my community to shut the hell up. Man. If I hear one more car horn honked in the wrong rhythm I will go mad!

pic of how happy everyone was 300 m from my house.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 00:50:34

At 6/21/08 06:19 PM, knugen wrote: Hmm.. Don't you know Tom pretty well, I guess it's much easier to get a reply if you do? ;)

He's actually really cool about responding to stuff people send him, and you should take the initiative yourself since you seem passionate about it, I'm just grateful that games have a recurring source of revenue that helps support NG at the same time.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 00:55:10

At 6/22/08 12:50 AM, BoMToons wrote:
At 6/21/08 06:19 PM, knugen wrote: Hmm.. Don't you know Tom pretty well, I guess it's much easier to get a reply if you do? ;)
He's actually really cool about responding to stuff people send him, and you should take the initiative yourself since you seem passionate about it, I'm just grateful that games have a recurring source of revenue that helps support NG at the same time.

Yeah I agree, actually things regarding advertising is the PM's that tom reads the most

If you ever see banners on the site that are malicious or whatever, send em over to tom its a constant screening process... in regards to the api ads well go ahead and PM him bout that too... my guess is that ng has no control over em, the api is more of a third party than actually making deals with the advertisers. I could be wrong though so no harm in askin. It would be cool for you to report back if tom responds.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 01:09:18

At 6/22/08 12:06 AM, Coolio-Niato wrote: pic of how happy everyone was 300 m from my house.

what the hell is an m, please use real measurements like teaspoons.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 01:56:41

I never actually cared about football. People tried to teach me, my dad even sent me to "lessons" (huge sarcasm there) and I even tried going to watch his matches to start liking it. But years later, all I want to do is code =P

Click my sig for a hilarious thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 02:21:57

So, two days ago I was REALLY REALLY bored so I made an AS: Topic. Then just today when I went to post it so that it could be added in the next update I realized AS:Main hadn't been updated for two pages. This, with the help of another push of boredom forced me to get and re-organise the formatting for the AS:Main topic so that, if it were ever to get up to a new page again I would have the stuff formatted all out ready to post the update.

Does anybody in here think that it's worth re-updating AS:Main? Anyone have a problem with me doing?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 05:27:18

Well not a lot of people commented on the "Pick of destiny" topic, so i guess you guys don't know tenacious d, so here is Jack Black kick ass at "idol gives back". The bald guy in the crowd that looks like he is about to cry is the guitarist of the band =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He12HYnAv bk
"a kiss by a rose"

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 13:16:22

Pirating?

Is it just me or are a lot of people suggesting that other people pirate flash? Like for example there was even a topic about pirating flash. Now when people ask for alternatives theres at least one reply saying "Oh yeah, you can do this and that and this and get it for free."

Do people not read the rules or just ignore them?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 13:44:01

At 6/22/08 01:16 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Pirating?

well, when these thread come up, it usually tells that were getting a good intake of new members, so it isn't exactly a bad thing, but at the same time most of the new members are 13 year old illiterate emo bastards, on crackcain

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 13:55:41

Re:AS Main - should I update it?

At 6/22/08 02:21 AM, Fion wrote: So, two days ago I was REALLY REALLY bored so I made an AS: Topic. Then just today when I went to post it so that it could be added in the next update I realized AS:Main hadn't been updated for two pages. This, with the help of another push of boredom forced me to get and re-organise the formatting for the AS:Main topic so that, if it were ever to get up to a new page again I would have the stuff formatted all out ready to post the update.

Does anybody in here think that it's worth re-updating AS:Main? Anyone have a problem with me doing?

No, go for it. AS Main was remade a while back by Denvish though did you know (about 6 months ago I believe) so i'm assuming you saw the newer topic, and that that is the one which hasn't been updated? Go for it, might aswell.

Re:Pirating

At 6/22/08 01:16 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Pirating?

Is it just me or are a lot of people suggesting that other people pirate flash? Like for example there was even a topic about pirating flash. Now when people ask for alternatives theres at least one reply saying "Oh yeah, you can do this and that and this and get it for free."

I sometimes ignore them. 'Robin Hood' comes to mind.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 14:46:12

At 6/22/08 01:55 PM, Mogly wrote:
I sometimes ignore them. 'Robin Hood' comes to mind.

ehh most of the time i'll just soft lock those topics. Especially if i see someones already posted all the alternatives.

Most of the people looking for that alternative are new and they dont know any better.. its better to just point em in the right direction and send em off.. rather than flaming em.

Its frusterating for forum regulars cause it seems like a neverending fight but its just the way it is.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 14:47:50

I'm not sure if i should say this, but without pirating, flash wouldn't be where it is today, and less people would buy a legal version of it. Who can decide whether to buy a $800 product in a month? It takes that long to learn a minimal amount of it. Then when people get good at it and make money off of it, they buy it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 14:49:03

At 6/22/08 02:46 PM, Luis wrote: Its frusterating for forum regulars cause it seems like a neverending fight but its just the way it is.

It kinda makes me wonder...Do some of the big time artists here use pirated versions of flash. Like maybe they got it when they first started and never bothered to buy it. What if The-Swain and Adam Phillips and other big time artists used pirated software. I dunno what would be so bad about that, but I dunno it'd be kinda weird

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 16:07:35

At 6/22/08 02:49 PM, NG-Unit wrote: It kinda makes me wonder...Do some of the big time artists here use pirated versions of flash. Like maybe they got it when they first started and never bothered to buy it. What if The-Swain and Adam Phillips and other big time artists used pirated software. I dunno what would be so bad about that, but I dunno it'd be kinda weird

I guess it WOULD be worse as they are making shit loads of money from using the piece of software.

Kids using a pirated piece of software to make little animations for their mates and things is one thing, Professionals using it to make a living is another, or at least in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-06-22 16:27:51

At 6/22/08 02:47 PM, SweetSkater wrote: I'm not sure if i should say this, but without pirating, flash wouldn't be where it is today, and less people would buy a legal version of it. Who can decide whether to buy a $800 product in a month? It takes that long to learn a minimal amount of it. Then when people get good at it and make money off of it, they buy it.

Did it occur to you that Flash wouldn't be an $800 product if people made it a substantial market by buying it instead of pirating it?

I'm not much for supporting Adobe - they could really do a lot more to make the casual development market much fairer and better for everyone involved - but it's really annoying especially when you've not made any money from Flash yet knowing that you've paid around £400 for something that a tonne of people are getting for free.

BBS Signature