Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 2,178,838 Views
  • 64,751 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
yhar
yhar
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 15:38:23 Reply

Charlie the unicorn 2 is genius.
Subliminally clever.


THIS IS CITRICSQUID POSTING

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 16:32:26 Reply

Bah, anyone have any tuturials for building web pages in strict HTML which don't work perfectly in Firefox then balls up in IE?


BBS Signature
MrMacro
MrMacro
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 17:31:57 Reply

At 4/15/08 04:32 PM, Paranoia wrote: which don't work perfectly in Firefox then balls up in IE?

Why would you want that?


BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 17:34:30 Reply

At 4/15/08 05:31 PM, MrMacro wrote:
At 4/15/08 04:32 PM, Paranoia wrote: which don't work perfectly in Firefox then balls up in IE?
Why would you want that?

Because I don't want to eliminate three quarters of my audience :)


BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:13:41 Reply

Re: CTU2

That was awesome, and it left me hanging...ahh :'(

At 4/15/08 01:13 AM, Coaly wrote: Thanks for the warning fun police, maybe you want to give patu and ng unit a run for their mod money?

I don't think I'm TOO wanna be moddy, I was just asking what it was like to be a mod a little bit ago. Even though I do wanna be a mod, I don't give it away too much do I?


BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:19:07 Reply

At 4/15/08 01:13 AM, Coaly wrote: Thanks for the warning fun police, maybe you want to give patu and ng unit a run for their mod money?

Speaking of Patu, where did he go?

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:26:07 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:19 PM, DreamworX wrote: Speaking of Patu, where did he go?

Who knows

Punk-O-Matic on Front Page?

I mean yes, Punk-o-matic is a great game, but it is really old. Why is it just showing up on the front page now?


BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:32:25 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:26 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
At 4/15/08 06:19 PM, DreamworX wrote: Speaking of Patu, where did he go?
Who knows

Actually I looked at his post history, and he posted here like 12 days ago, so i guess that I should really be asking myself where I went as I didn't post here for months I believe :P

Punk-O-Matic on Front Page?
I mean yes, Punk-o-matic is a great game, but it is really old. Why is it just showing up on the front page now?

Well, the comment says this:


It's old but let everyone be reminded of this little gadget as the epic sequel is in the making!
dun dun DUN!!!

So, I guess that's why.. Maybe they were also low on new quality games.

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:45:12 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:32 PM, DreamworX wrote: Maybe they were also low on new quality games.

Probably what happened...since its hard to think of original ideas, and the more original the ideas, the more quality


BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:46:54 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:32 PM, DreamworX wrote: It's old but let everyone be reminded of this little gadget as the epic sequel is in the making!
dun dun DUN!!!
So, I guess that's why.. Maybe they were also low on new quality games.

It may or may not also be due to this.


The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 18:56:31 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:46 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 4/15/08 06:32 PM, DreamworX wrote: It's old but let everyone be reminded of this little gadget as the epic sequel is in the making!
dun dun DUN!!!
So, I guess that's why.. Maybe they were also low on new quality games.
It may or may not also be due to this.

if you read the reviews for that, some person said that it wasn't funny to make a game like that when the original was on the first page


BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 19:12:11 Reply

Actually if you guys actually look at it, I think it's just testing out the new ads system.


BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 19:14:17 Reply

At 4/15/08 07:12 PM, Paranoia wrote: Actually if you guys actually look at it, I think it's just testing out the new ads system.

So if I put the new ads system in one of my submissions it'd be on front page...hmm...doubt it :p

ahh well, its a good game that deserves front page, seeing as it didn't get front page when it first came out (I don't think)


BBS Signature
MrMacro
MrMacro
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 19:19:52 Reply

Charlie The Unicorn

Charlie got front page on newgrounds! I guess it was only a matter of time before he submitted it.


BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 19:27:02 Reply

At 4/15/08 07:14 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
At 4/15/08 07:12 PM, Paranoia wrote: Actually if you guys actually look at it, I think it's just testing out the new ads system.
So if I put the new ads system in one of my submissions it'd be on front page...hmm...doubt it :p

What part of 'testing out' is ambiguous to you? :P

Anyway, check this magic pen reviewer out:

DementedRock

"u suck ass"
by: DementedRock
date: 31 minutes ago

u stole this idea from Crayon physics and u want admit it because every time i post this u delete it but im just gonna keep doing it

The Wi/Ht whistle crew must be having a field day :P


BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 19:28:17 Reply

At 4/15/08 07:27 PM, Paranoia wrote: The Wi/Ht whistle crew must be having a field day :P

Haha they must huh...

I have a trash whistle, cuz I suck at stuff like that :p


BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 21:31:02 Reply

Preview Slots

A feature I think would be cool on Newgrounds would be a preview slot, where you could upload one flash movie, without it being sent to the portal, to show friends. I know there's lots of file uploads out there, but itd be good for testing purposes(I tend to resize my movies post-production).

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 21:34:41 Reply

At 4/15/08 09:31 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Preview Slots

A feature I think would be cool on Newgrounds would be a preview slot, where you could upload one flash movie, without it being sent to the portal, to show friends. I know there's lots of file uploads out there, but itd be good for testing purposes(I tend to resize my movies post-production).

Why don't you just upload it to one of the other million uploaders out there? But it would be kinda cool if you could preview your movie in the newgrounds frame to see like if it "fits' or whatever else you want. But all in all it wouldn't really change the movie at all from a different uploader.


BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 21:37:02 Reply

At 4/15/08 09:34 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Why don't you just upload it to one of the other million uploaders out there? But it would be kinda cool if you could preview your movie in the newgrounds frame to see like if it "fits' or whatever else you want. But all in all it wouldn't really change the movie at all from a different uploader.

I know, thats why I noted in my post that I knew there are lots of uploaders out there. The problem is, Denvish's was the last one to allow manually setting the size of the movie. The other ones just set the page to the size of the swf.

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 21:42:32 Reply

At 4/15/08 09:37 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: I know, thats why I noted in my post that I knew there are lots of uploaders out there. The problem is, Denvish's was the last one to allow manually setting the size of the movie. The other ones just set the page to the size of the swf.

thats true...too bad Denvish's went down, it was awesome...


BBS Signature
PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-15 23:21:10 Reply

patu1

Awww, i loved his misspelled spam posts xD

Charlie the unicorn 2

It was very similar to last one but way more random..... really fun xD

Punk-O-Matic

ha, I had never played it before, but now that you mentioned it i did... and it's very fun :P

Denvish

in my opinion it has been the best uploader, shame it was closed :'(

all my sentences end with a smiley :D
GuyWithHisComp
GuyWithHisComp
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 04:27:08 Reply

At 4/15/08 09:37 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: The other ones just set the page to the size of the swf.

Eeh, what are you talking about? The only uploader I know of that doesn't let you specify width/height of your flash movie is ImageShack.
Try SpamTheWeb.com


BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 16:17:15 Reply

So yea, Videos
What say you?


BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 16:23:12 Reply

At 4/16/08 04:27 AM, GuyWithHisComp wrote: The only uploader I know of that doesn't let you specify width/height of your flash movie is ImageShack.
Try SpamTheWeb.com

Um, imageshack doesn't use the right width or height, but I don't know of an uploader that does let you specify the width/height... denvish let you type in the values you wanted the width and height to be, spamtheweb doesn't have that, nor did ngup, or swfupload.

At 4/16/08 04:17 PM, Xeptic wrote: So yea, Videos
What say you?

Cool beans, lets you spice up the ol news post.


BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 17:30:39 Reply

At 4/16/08 04:17 PM, Xeptic wrote: So yea, Videos
What say you?

I dont get it? :S

vv Nu Gaim :3 vv

.

BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 17:40:54 Reply

At 4/16/08 05:30 PM, adman1993 wrote:
At 4/16/08 04:17 PM, Xeptic wrote: So yea, Videos
What say you?
I dont get it? :S

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8938 59

vv Nu Gaim :3 vv

?

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 17:42:25 Reply

At 4/16/08 05:40 PM, DreamworX wrote:
vv Nu Gaim :3 vv
?

He was pointing to his signature.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 5320


Hi there!

BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 17:43:34 Reply

I dont get it? :S
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8938 59

Oh yah, i read that! Pretty snazzy :P

vv Nu Gaim :3 vv
?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 5320


.

BBS Signature
MrMacro
MrMacro
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 17:43:51 Reply

At 4/16/08 05:30 PM, adman1993 wrote: Nu Gaim :3

I voted five! It was a good game.


BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-16 17:46:53 Reply

At 4/16/08 05:43 PM, MrMacro wrote: I voted five! It was a good game.

Thank you very much :)


.

BBS Signature