00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,479 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:07:14

Been debating making a thread like this for a long time, but i think that it may be a good idea and it may serve as a catch-all for all the debates and things that can benefit from personal opinions on matters.

The Universal Rules

1-The reason its called the 'Reg' lounge is because it isnt so much about being a regular on the board as it is being a 'regular' to the flash scene and i want to make that distinction very clear. Disrespectful behavior, and or arrogance because you have 2XXXXX posts is untolerated and you'll be booted. Noobs to the board are allowed just as much as the seasoned poster.

2-This thread is not to get feedback on movies/actionscripts its to talk about the flash scene and your opinion on other related matters, debating is ok, polling is not.

3- Have Fun. If you are gonna get bent out of shape over a bbs thread then you probably should just unplug your computer and never plug it again.

Welcome Flash nerds!

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:10:21

get a life

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:10:51

Lets get this party started!
Great thread idea at last a reg lounge that wont be locked

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:13:18

At 9/28/06 11:10 AM, Ninja-chicken wrote: get a life

Welcome back dude! Let the orgies commence!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:15:22

At 9/28/06 11:10 AM, fuzz wrote: Lets get this party started!

well im notorious for locking shit.. so i dunno.

We'll see where this goes.. if it totally falls apart with crap then yea im slapping myself on the hand and locking it for ever bringing this idea up

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:20:11

At 9/28/06 11:15 AM, Luis wrote:

We'll see where this goes.. if it totally falls apart with crap then yea im slapping myself on the hand and locking it for ever bringing this idea up

you're striahgt up calling the kettle black. You hate these kinds of threads then you come and make em yourself claiming it was your idea. Also stop calling flash artists nerds because some of us have real lives

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:22:29

At 9/28/06 11:20 AM, Ninja-chicken wrote:
you're striahgt up calling the kettle black. You hate these kinds of threads then you come and make em yourself claiming it was your idea. Also stop calling flash artists nerds because some of us have real lives

yea thats true, im acctully quite cool in thereal world.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:23:39

Yes I have a life also and im very healthy too! Im not being mean to you -Luis- I never talk to you before anyway so! but good thread though

I'm the only pretty boy on NewGrounds!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:30:06

At 9/28/06 11:20 AM, Ninja-chicken wrote: Also stop calling flash artists nerds because some of us have real lives

I like your use of the word 'some' there :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:34:33

At 9/28/06 11:30 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 9/28/06 11:20 AM, Ninja-chicken wrote: Also stop calling flash artists nerds because some of us have real lives
I like your use of the word 'some' there :P

fine, a rare few, myself included, have lives, girlfriends, college, jobs and dont actualy sit here 24/7 pissing about

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:37:22

I hate the kind of reg threads that aim to exclude anyone who may visit the forum, theres some clique threads in general where you cant ever have a say in unless you were involved in that thread since page 1.. otherwise the 'regs' dont ever give you the time of day. I do think that the thread would be good for discussions like Glaiels V-cam rant, where people who are regulars to flash can come in and discuss it.
And furthermore I didnt claim it was my idea.. thats silly no?

And lastly, i take back the use of the term 'flash nerds' i didnt realize some of you were so sensitive about it. I meant no disrespect on your rockstar lifestyle.

welcome back <3

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:44:56

thats all I wanted to hear luis

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:46:32

At 9/28/06 11:44 AM, Ninja-chicken wrote: thats all I wanted to hear luis

amen. i dont feeling like starting shit. Actually I've gotten in trouble calling people flash nerds before now that i think about. Its a bad habit.

Anyway, let us move on.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:50:56

At 9/28/06 11:46 AM, Luis wrote: Anyway, let us move on.

-L

'm confused about what it is we're meant to actually talk about in this thread...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 11:52:59

At 9/28/06 11:50 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: 'm confused about what it is we're meant to actually talk about in this thread...

Anything that the regs want to talk about that is outside the actual scope of the Flash forum, or is ridiculous enough that it probably shouldn't warrant its own thread.

And yay for a Regs thread. Hopefully Luis won't be kicking himself in the ass over this one.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:03:40

At 9/28/06 11:52 AM, jmtb02 wrote: or is ridiculous enough that it probably shouldn't warrant its own thread.

I just ate a sandwich.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:03:49

Well one thing we could discuss that i've always wondered is how people feel they fit into the flash scene.. both in the present and future... is it something you are definately looking to persue professionally? is it just a hobby? Or maybe you've already outgrown it and now just see yourself as just a viewer rather than developer.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:04:55

Cool!

Now I have two <3able regs lounges.

Programming forum, and now here!!

And this one has lots of Lulu.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:06:58

Soo... What styles of flash are favouroured over the other?

I personally like FBF (I cant do it well though, Tweens FTW)

And I dont think people should be so hard on sprite movies, I dont mind them, and I might even make my own one soon..

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:09:34

At 9/28/06 12:03 PM, Luis wrote: Well one thing we could discuss that i've always wondered is how people feel they fit into the flash scene.. both in the present and future... is it something you are definately looking to persue professionally? is it just a hobby? Or maybe you've already outgrown it and now just see yourself as just a viewer rather than developer.

-L

Id say its a hobby of mine.. in the past two weeks I have been on flash and flash related sites for about 13 hours each day, its teh school holoidays... (sad really)

Before then it was a few hours a day, maybe 8 or soon weekends..

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:09:43

At 9/28/06 12:03 PM, Luis wrote: Well one thing we could discuss that i've always wondered is how people feel they fit into the flash scene...

I'm suprised I've been as interested for as long as I have been.

I think it's not a matter of me outgrowing the scene, but the scene outgrowing me. Front page Standard when I came here originally was any video game parody toon that was over two minutes long using tweened characters. Now you have to deliver a multiplayer golf game, or a sweatshop produced frame by frame epic if you want a chance of reliably hitting front page.

I can't keep up with that kind of thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:09:51

At 9/28/06 12:03 PM, Luis wrote: Well one thing we could discuss that i've always wondered is how people feel they fit into the flash scene.. both in the present and future... is it something you are definately looking to persue professionally? is it just a hobby? Or maybe you've already outgrown it and now just see yourself as just a viewer rather than developer.

Good ice-breaker sir.

For me, it's kind of a hobby, but I guess you can consider it professionally because we do bring in some money...

Personally, I get a thrill from making Flash games because i find it amazing how quickly they can spread around the internet if it's a good and addicting games.

So I would like to peruse it professionally.

Oh yeah Lu, I'm home sick from school today, so I'm going to annoy you a lot.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:24:41

Holy shit, ninja chicken is back

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:25:43

At 9/28/06 12:24 PM, Zwe wrote: Holy shit, ninja chicken is back

And he's more emo than ever before!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:27:58

I plan on moving on to Flash as a personal career after this year of school. I've had some good job offers for many different kinds of Flash jobs, which is exciting, since I thought Flash would be pretty much a dead end after college.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:30:42

I hope you still have time to make awesome games, JMTB ;)

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:33:54

Awesome, been waiting for something like this for a while.

The unfortunate part is that if the Artist Showcase thread (previously known as the underground Flash Reg's Lounge :-P) will probably die as flash regs hang out here instead. That is.... unless it's moved to the art forum and becomes the underground art reg lounge.

In the distant future I can say I posted on the first page of the legendary 1000000 page Flash Reg Lounge Thread :P

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:34:19

Yeah the flash scene is pretty hot right now, specially in the gaming department because games are so viral and generate alot of clickthroughs... Flash was always one of those monumental web tools that forever changed the scene. To have animated things that were fairly low in filesize was unheard of back then when i was involved in the gif animation scene..

I find it kind of cool how so many people were able to use ng as a stepping stone to a career. Its always exciting to look back on peoples work and know you've been around from the beginning of their careers... you know?

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:36:16

At 9/28/06 12:27 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I plan on moving on to Flash as a personal career after this year of school. I've had some good job offers for many different kinds of Flash jobs, which is exciting, since I thought Flash would be pretty much a dead end after college.

I am planning to move into Multimedia Game Developement.. So flash is a little headstarter for me, actionscript may not be the hardest code to learn, but with the power of actionscript and VB on my side, ill be able to learn C++ faster.. (hopefully)

Also, with experience on flash, it makes game concepts, designs, and gameplay much better to understand.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-28 12:37:45

At 9/28/06 12:34 PM, Luis wrote: I find it kind of cool how so many people were able to use ng as a stepping stone to a career. Its always exciting to look back on peoples work and know you've been around from the beginning of their careers... you know?

Yeah, Newgrounds is really a great way to start your Flash career, wether it's programming or animating.
I see Flash as a hobby more than a life.
I do some actionscripting in Flash for fun and also animating a bit for laughs with my friends.
That's about the realtion to Flash I currently have. It may change in the near future though. :)

BBS Signature