00:00
00:00

Playstation Empire

212,513 Views | 6,125 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 09:13:11

At 10/7/06 09:09 AM, TheLebanese wrote:
At 10/7/06 08:20 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
umm okay. And what was i going to say yes uhh yeah what do you think will be the best game for ps3 in 2006 so not games in 2007?
i suppose ittl be out in acouple of years in lebanon ill have to buy mine from france i guess but its too expensive what do you advise me on this?

hmmm tough question there a well maybe you should get it from france i have cousins in france.

do you still go to billiards club?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 12:49:25

Everything We Know: Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Dive head-first into Square-Enix's biggest -- and riskiest -- RPG of 2005!
By Benjamin Turner | Sept. 1, 2004

The name "Final Fantasy" conjures up different images for different people. For some, it might call to mind the Dark Knight Cecil, rebelling against the corrupt kingdom of Baron. For others, a quartet of pixelated adventurers chasing after the rat's tail and hanging out in Corneria. Yet others will remember the blowing of the Mako Reactor in Midgar, or a grand Blitzball tournament in Zanarkand. Really, the Final Fantasy series is very much defined by just how different each subsequent entry is from the last.

Accidental Success

It wasn't always planned that way. In fact, back in 1987 Square didn't have much of a plan at all past releasing Final Fantasy and hoping that it sold. But sell it did, riding on the winds of the RPG phenomenon started by Enix's Dragon Quest a year before. Square was saved, a sequel was begun, and Final Fantasy failed to live up to its name. This fantasy was just beginning.

After three chapters on the Famicom (NES), the series made the leap to 16-bit with the Super Famicom's Final Fantasy IV (SNES's Final Fantasy II). More than just a technical upgrade, FFIV changed the rules of RPG storytelling. Tiny sprites were imbued with rich characterizations and complex motivations -- complex, at least, compared to what had come before. The plot roiled with twists, surprises and betrayals, all scored to the most dramatic and beautiful video game music ever heard. FFIV was like an epic opera playing out on a SNES, and it would serve as the model for most future console RPGs.

Two more 16-bit sequels followed to refine that formula, and then the series was reinvented again on the PlayStation. The long-awaited Final Fantasy VII combined pre-rendered CGI with 3D polygons for an amazing increase in production values. Pre-rendered backgrounds segued smoothly into CGI movies, enveloping players in a dark world of technology gone awry. In the States, Sony put a huge marketing budget behind the launch of FFVII, and many people bought it for the pretty graphics, without even really understanding the concept of an "RPG." They soon did, though, and would soon form the backbone of a greatly expanded North American fanbase.

Things just got glitzier from there. FFVIII featured yet more realistic CGI, while FFIX employed the technology in a strange attempt to return to the series' original, super-deformed look. With another trilogy completed, Final Fantasy's creators looked to the future once more. The future they saw was on the PlayStation 2.

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 12:51:02

for more info go to this website: http://ps2.gamespy.c..sy-xii/543903p1.html

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 14:20:46

I was going to get Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth but they didn't have it anywhere in town, but since I reserved GTA VCS, I'm just going to get that in 9 days.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 14:26:25

At 10/7/06 08:02 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: any news on FF12?

All I know right now is that it'll be released in Q1 2007. It better fucking be.

Also, I went to the shops yesterday and didn't see MGS3: Subsistence. I know it's out now, I just not seen it yet. Oh well, at least it'll let me keep playing on FFX longer. :P

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 16:16:04

At 10/7/06 04:03 AM, Dark-Knight wrote:
At 10/6/06 03:57 PM, The-Carnivore wrote:
At 10/6/06 05:31 AM, Dark-Knight wrote: yeh like GTA 3 you dont know your characters name and he doesnt even talk.... and it was a great game
His name is Claude, but its true, he doesn't talk
yeh but in that game you dont find out his name... stupid-o

I don't have the game, so I don't know, I just read about it in a magazine.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 11:04:20

everybody check this out.

PS2 premier party entry contest

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 11:48:34

At 10/8/06 11:04 AM, EcKo-WR wrote: everybody check this out.

PS2 premier party entry contest

aw too bad i live in Canada :[

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 13:12:13

At 9/21/06 06:08 PM, Dejanus wrote: What do you guys think the future of Killzone will be? Will it become the flagship franchise that Sony had invisioned, or fade into obscurity much like Malice for the X-Box?

well, my friends think that the graphics will never be thet good, and its a rip-off, but i think that it will be one of the best ps3 games

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 13:20:53

I forgot to ask, can i join?

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 14:50:18

i did, and before you ask how many games for ps2 i have, i cant count that high

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 15:06:01

At 10/7/06 02:23 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: I comes out on 3-11-2006 (D/M/Y) in the UK.

And? What games should I get this month for PSP? Pick 2 out of the list

GTA: VCS
Killzone: Liberation
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
GUN: Showdown

What ones would you choose? I need to decide what I want.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 15:29:58

At 10/8/06 03:08 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
At 10/8/06 03:06 PM, Crashman wrote:
I would so get this.
And this.
Sorry I never heard of the others.

You have never heard of GUN? Came out last year around X-Mas time for the US. Great game overall and one of my favorites f or PS2, but the PSP version looks even better. Valkyrie Profile is a old PS2 game but Lenneth is that and way more shit on it. Suppose to be the best RPG on the PSP. How long have you been playing games for?

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-08 23:24:58

At 10/8/06 03:51 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: GUN looks good

And I only have money for like 2 games thats why I was asking. GTA VCS for sure but I just can't decide.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-09 12:21:29

I've decided to stop playing on FFX for now. Just raising my character's stats was starting to get really boring and tiring, so I just went and defeat the last bosses on the game. For now, I'm playing on Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey. A great PS1 game. :D

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-09 12:23:58

At 10/9/06 12:21 PM, Helloween wrote: For now, I'm playing on Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey. A great PS1 game. :D

my favorite game for ps1 i just loved the whole oddworld series

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-09 15:35:29

At 10/9/06 11:09 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: Just buy one for now and wait until one of the games becomes 2nd-hand.

Looks like I'm getting GTA since I already preordered it. I'm leaning towards Killzone or GUN for the second game though

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-09 15:44:53

At 10/9/06 12:23 PM, TheLebanese wrote: my favorite game for ps1 i just loved the whole oddworld series

I like the first two games. Munch's Odsysee I wasn't happy with, because:

1. It was on the XBOX back then when it was to be on the PS2.
2. It's in 3D, which wouldn't be like the first two games. :(

I know there's the GBA version of the game, but meh, I'm happy with the first two games.

At 10/9/06 12:27 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: I love that game but I never complete it.

Yeah, it's a hard game. You just need skill and patience to get through it.

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-09 15:48:14

At 10/9/06 03:37 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
At 10/9/06 03:35 PM, Crashman wrote:
Looks like I'm getting GTA since I already preordered it. I'm leaning towards Killzone or GUN for the second game though
Well what did you like the most GUN or Killzone.
Damn you made me want to get GUN.

GUN is a great game overall but I just want to try something new. I can't decide

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-09 17:11:14

At 10/8/06 03:06 PM, Crashman wrote:
At 10/7/06 02:23 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: I comes out on 3-11-2006 (D/M/Y) in the UK.
And? What games should I get this month for PSP? Pick 2 out of the list

Nah, LCS, VCS same thing, new story

Yes please, don't be mislead by the strange 3rd person view, it will be amazing

Never heard of it

The original was great, so I'm guessing this will be good.

Tekken: Dark resurrection, Daxter, Alos, consider NFS: carbon coming out on PS2,3,and P

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 02:15:44

I'm not sure if you'd accept me as a member, as I'm not a Playstation fanatic. All I have is a Playstation I bought in 1999 and I own very few games. My experience with the PS2 is limited to visits to friend's houses or friend's who brought it to my house. I'm still here to discuss Playstation though, since I'm thinking of finally upgrading to a PS3.

The reason I don't have a PS2 or XBox is because none of the last generation of consoles really blew me away and I was taking a break from gaming anyway. Then lately I've been seeing images from PS3 game previews, which makes me think that it's worth checking out. I mean they say it will be 35x better than the PS2 and double the power of an XBox360. I remember the days when double the power of the original system was an amazing upgrade. Like back when I got a Sega Genesis and thought it blew away my NES or when I got a Playstation and thought it blew away my old Sega Genesis and Sega CD. I remember my cousin saying "wow you can see the laces on their skates", when commenting on Playstation's NHL '97 graphics. Well now 10 years since the first Playstation release, you can see the sweat on their bodies and pores on their skin... so now I can say that I'm impressed. Especially when these are just the first games for the system. Usually the games improve when the developers get more accustomed to the true power of the system and figure out more efficient ways of compressing data. Like for example, compare an early game like GTA: Vice City to GTA: San Andreas. They figured out how to make better graphics and no more loading screens.

Playstation Empire

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 05:32:00

Did anyone hear about that neww bully game for ps2? its actually supposed to be sweet.
rockstar is involved, of course.

My love to the foxes club

JOIN/LISTEN TO NG RADIO!!! you can look it up and hear or subscribe to it for FREE on itunes. just search newgrounds in Itunes store!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 11:57:02

At 10/10/06 05:32 AM, nestman12 wrote: Did anyone hear about that neww bully game for ps2? its actually supposed to be sweet.
rockstar is involved, of course.

Don´t know if its my kind of a game , might buy a small chance buy it though . Here´s the trailer though , the best one i found .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfLBxDbIjsM

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 19:44:47

At 10/9/06 05:11 PM, The-Carnivore wrote:
Nah, LCS, VCS same thing, new story

Nah it's different. It takes place 2 years before Vice City, plus I want my favorite GTA game portable.

Yes please, don't be mislead by the strange 3rd person view, it will be amazing

Nothing misleading about this game. I don't really care what view it is just as long as its a good game.

Never heard of it

Its an RPG, probably one of the best so far for PSP.

The original was great, so I'm guessing this will be good.

Someone who finally knows a good game.

Tekken: Dark resurrection, Daxter, Alos, consider NFS: carbon coming out on PS2,3,and P

I was never into Fighting games, only acception was Soul Calibur. Daxter looks wacky but insanly fun. I'm content with Burnout for a racing game.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 20:01:27

Hey there... I think I'll join...

My PS2's Fan recently stopped so now I can't play it :(

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 20:09:31

At 10/10/06 08:01 PM, Guszy wrote: Hey there... I think I'll join...

I hotboxed my room, so mine won't play DVD's.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 20:11:52

no one said you cant join so i guess your in?

ATTN: i was looking through IGN.com and i saw a thread saying that the WII 1 place,PS3 2,and XBOX 360 3. so this means WII owns ps3 but i like the WII second PS3 since ive never ever played XBOX 360 only once though.THREAD:
OMG!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 20:19:49

Well I don't know how Sony expects to dominate if they only shipped out 400,000 consoles when launch date arrives.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 20:24:42

At 10/10/06 08:19 PM, Crashman wrote: Well I don't know how Sony expects to dominate if they only shipped out 400,000 consoles when launch date arrives.

whhattttt!!!! WII ships 1million consoles to North America wow.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-10 20:27:56

At 10/10/06 08:09 PM, Crashman wrote:

I hotboxed my room, so mine won't play DVD's.

What does hotboxing mean?
Mine dont play DVD's either

BBS Signature