00:00
00:00

Playstation Empire

211,366 Views | 6,125 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 05:58:33

At 3/10/07 05:54 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 3/10/07 05:51 AM, Abyssus wrote: Looks like this could be the PS3's big chance. People would call it the 'home' machine. Anyway, I found that in General. Someone made an intelligent topic about it. No...Im not joking.
Now I want a PS3 even more!
I saw that topic, I never went in it. The PS3 comes out soon, 14 days?

Nope. Thirteen days. Im counting it down and even put it in my school planner. I am so ready for it; I ahve been waiting for ages and now, hopefully, I will be able to play on it!

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 07:30:30

To Shortmonkey: The collab is going really slowly and we've taken a break until I get my drawing tablet. Care to join.

To Pyro: You forgot about the goal scoring contest me and you are having?

To anybody who has FFXII: OK I got past the Barheim passage and I've talked to Dalan. Now I can't be bothered to look around for Balthier. Where is he at?

To BlackFlame: What about Basch? I accidently skipped a cutscene or two...

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 07:38:56

Just asking.
You know how lots of the PS3 ID tags are already going, does everyone have there own ID lined up? We have one for each member of the family, best not to post them or they might get taken.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 09:34:57

At 3/10/07 07:30 AM, Marsupial wrote: To anybody who has FFXII: OK I got past the Barheim passage and I've talked to Dalan. Now I can't be bothered to look around for Balthier. Where is he at?

If you've already got Basch in your party after doing that little request thing for Dalan, then you'll find Balthier and Fran at the Sandsea (the tavern in Rabanastre) waiting for you.

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 09:51:35

Well i havent really been able to play any of my games lately because i am still pretty focused on Tiger 07.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 09:53:29

At 3/10/07 09:51 AM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well i havent really been able to play any of my games lately because i am still pretty focused on Tiger 07.

You really like golf games don't you?
Have you got any other ones other then Tiger woods?

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 09:58:51

Yeah i also have Hot Shots Golf 2-4. Which that is also a very fun gold game to play but i am more partial to shooting games and others like that i just think Tiger 07 is a really good golf game and thats why i play it so much.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 10:40:47

At 3/10/07 09:34 AM, PowerPrower wrote:
At 3/10/07 07:30 AM, Marsupial wrote: To anybody who has FFXII: OK I got past the Barheim passage and I've talked to Dalan. Now I can't be bothered to look around for Balthier. Where is he at?
If you've already got Basch in your party after doing that little request thing for Dalan, then you'll find Balthier and Fran at the Sandsea (the tavern in Rabanastre) waiting for you.

You guys should say SPOILERS in bold so that users who don't have FF12 like Odyssic don't know the hole game.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:02:03

Sure I'l join in I always owned the Playstation since the first and it's respective games.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:03:50

At 3/10/07 09:34 AM, PowerPrower wrote:

Thanks but I figured that out when I went to play without reading your post. I should have known that from the beggining. So now I'm at the mines, pretty hard considering I don't have many spells. I'm at the part where I have to fight that lizard like guy with his three cronies. However, I had to go before Igot to fight them. When I get back there again, do you recommend I fight them or run away like the OPS2 FF guide said?

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:09:45

Now About Final Fantasy 13 I made a little Info gathering on it and Here's what I have on it and Final Fantasy Versus 13 (This Post can also be found in gamefaqs in the Final Fantasy 13 forum Where I Originally posted it) :

Firstly :D
Here are the trailers for the games:

Final Fantasy XIII
http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=ffxiii_
trailers

FFVersus XIII
http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=versus_
trailers

And here are some more Links on battle systems:

Final Fantasy XIII
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/769/769653p1.html

If you are too lazy to read it here’s a summary of some stuff that was written:
The battle system is still considered an ATB system, complete with time flowing by as you input commands. However, the actual means of input has changed a bit and, according to Tsuchida, will now allow for more control options. You'll be able to, for example, select between carrying out a simple slash, or charging and then slashing. Some characters will be able to combine magic with standard attacks. And all of this is somehow connected to a new animation system that will blend individual motions to result in a single smooth motion.

Final Fantasy XIII's battle system may share a few points in common with the Final Fantasy XII system. Rather than a standard encounter-based system where battle begins with the allies and enemies in a face off, Tsuchida suggested that FFXIII's battles will begin with the player noting, "Oh, here's an enemy." Players will have a new way of getting into fights with enemies.

Outside of your main party characters, Tsuchida wants to make the enemies that you encounter in battle more wholly connected to the main game. Scenario and battle should be more closely connected, he feels, and so the enemies will change based on the conditions of the scenario. As an example, he mentioned players moving through an area that's being searched by the army. You'll end up encountering the appropriate type of enemy for this situation, and may even get shot at.

FFVersus XIII
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/769/769776p1.html

If you are too lazy to read it here’s a summary of some stuff that was written:
On second thought go read it I’m not gonna wipe your nose for you >.>

Here’s some more info mainly on the differences on the games.

- FFXIII is a fast-paced ATB rpg, while Versus is a Kingdom Hearts-esque action rpg.

- The director for FFXIII is Toriyama. The director for Versus is Nomura. Both games have development teams that consist of people who worked on FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, and KH2.

- Both games are for the PS3. FFXIII should be out sometime next year. Versus will probably end up being released in 2009.

- There is another 'Fabula Nova Crystallis' game, called Final Fantasy Agito XIII. Its for cellphones, and will probably only be released in Japan, but again, Versus and Agito don't really affect XIII, so don't worry about missing plot points or whatever.

Also as known to us yet the protagonists of the games in FFXIII It’s a girl who is called Lightning.
For Versus It’s a guy and well I’m not sure what’s he’s called yet if anyone knows do tell :s.

Now also There is a Final Fantasy for Mobile Cellphones called Final Fantasy Agito XIII.
Now Agito means in latin “to engage in motion” probably means playing it on the cellphone or something go figure.

The setting is also different

FFXIII is set between a high-tech world (Cocoon) and a wild world (Pulse) where the protagonist is chosen to do something with the world (destory? whatever? not very clear yet)

In Versus XIII, the protagonist is of Royal blood, the last in line in the throne to protect the crystals. The buildings are modern (some taken from Japanese suburbs etc.) and may account for FFAC style battles (w00t)!

Versus and FFXIII are part of a compilation, similar to FFVII. They share nothing in common. Different characters, different story, different world, and even different visual design. The only "bond" the two games share is that both have a story that relevant to crystals. Both will be on the Playstation 3.

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=news&p=
a good website for information on the games.

Some more info on the games:

Final Fantasy XIII

The FFXIII battle system is a completely new type of system designed to be fast paced. The new system is being developed by Toshiro Tsuchida, the battle director of FFX. There are no random encounters in the game but a field full of enemies similar to FFXII. The monsters also change according to the situation or environment. According to Tsuchida the FFXII License board had too much freedom and in FFXIII he sets out to design a system giving characters abilities based on their personalities. The summons are also supposed to work as partners (like the two Shiva sisters) so we could see more summons with brothers or sisters.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Nomura said that he doesn't want to begin work on Kingdom Hearts 3 until he has finished Versus so he can concentrate on one at a time. This also may be the last FF spin off game Nomura makes so he can work on other titles. The game itself is set to be like a Third Person Shooter similar to Dirge of Cerberus..

Final Fantasy Agito XIII

Currently the script for Agito is being written which is supposed to be an amazing story. The game will be released in a similar way to Before Crisis in an episodic format with one episode being released a month. It has to be released like this because of the huge scale of the game.

source- www.finalfantasyversusxiii.net

Final Fantasy XIII Article

- The battle system is discussed. The designer of the battle system will be the same person/team who design the battle system of Final Fantasy X. (A personal favorite :P) It looks like FF13's system wont resemble FFXII.

- Development is discussed. They seem to be pretty happy with the white engine and it looks like they are planning to use it again after FF13.

- A new "flying airborne assault" technique will be introduced.

- Kingdom Hearts 3's production will not be started until FFVersus13 is released (Sucks I know).

- Surroundings which resemble real life places in Japan are discussed and it mentions how hard the team worked to add them into the game.

- The battle system is still being compared to that of Kingdom Hearts

- Once the gun weapon is collected you will aim shoot and use it in the similar way to Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII.

Now just so you Know I didn’t write all of this stuff I just found it or copied what other people wrote so too you people I say thank you :D you know who you are :>, and I just wanted to gather it all up and put it into one big post so that people can read this one instead of looking for 10 pages to find the info that’s written here.

That’s all really hope it answered your questions about the new Final Fantasy Releases, ty for reading :).

Well That's it really I am looking forward to These 2 awesome games so much really on the PS3 ^_^.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:17:13

At 3/10/07 12:09 PM, loggers wrote: Now About Final Fantasy 13 I made a little Info gathering on it and Here's what I have on it.

Wow that's a lot of info. This has increased your chances of being let in. After that I say OK. Jon what do you think?
If you like gathering stuff like that you want to be one of our messengers?

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:17:43

Hmm Seems like my Trailers Didn't work Let me Try again:

Hopefully this works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYawSLHH-M

If it worked for you then what you just watched was a teaser trailer for Final Fantasy Versus 13 :D.

And also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUsaXjqU42w

If it worked for you then what you just watched was a teaser trailer for Final Fantasy 13 :D.

Both games look so sweet don't they ^_^.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:21:10

Wow that's a lot of info. This has increased your chances of being let in. After that I say OK. Jon what do you think?

Well ty I would definetly Like to be let in the club seeing as how I always loved the Playstaion and all it's products, but what's a messenger and what do I need to do as one?

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:27:57

At 3/10/07 12:21 PM, loggers wrote:
Well ty I would definetly Like to be let in the club seeing as how I always loved the Playstaion and all it's products, but what's a messenger and what do I need to do as one?

Well from time to time find information for us. There are no deadlines but if you are inactive, you could be demoted. You will be added to the memberlist.

PSE Secondary Forum (Sign up here)
PSE Site (Check this out every week for updates)

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:33:49

I would love to join and be a messenger that is if you would let me in the club of course :).

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:36:47

At 3/10/07 12:33 PM, loggers wrote: I would love to join and be a messenger that is if you would let me in the club of course :).

Yeah sure, why not. List your favourite games please and I'll let you in. Got Final Fantasy XII? These days that is the main topic of discussion over here.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:40:47

Sure I got Final Fantasy 12 Got it last week Level 38 now :o.

And O here's a list of my top 5 faves For the upcoming PS3:

1) Final Fantasy 13.
2) Assassin's Creed.
3) Shirokishi Monogatari AKA White Knight Story.
4) Final Fantasy Versus 13.
5) Metal Gear Solid 4.

and for the PS2:

1) Final Fantasy 12.
2) Metal gear solid 3 subsistance.
3) Tekken 5.
4) Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King.
5) Kingdom Hearts 2.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:50:01

At 3/10/07 12:40 PM, loggers wrote: Sure I got Final Fantasy 12 Got it last week Level 38 now :o.

And O here's a list of my top 5 faves For the upcoming PS3:

1) Final Fantasy 13.
2) Assassin's Creed.
3) Shirokishi Monogatari AKA White Knight Story.
4) Final Fantasy Versus 13.
5) Metal Gear Solid 4.

Hmm. I agree with Assassins Creed and maybe Final Fantsy there...

and for the PS2:

1) Final Fantasy 12.
2) Metal gear solid 3 subsistance.
3) Tekken 5.
4) Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King.
5) Kingdom Hearts 2.

Oh yes good list. FFXII of course is at the top. L38 in a week. Good for you. I've had it for about that much too. I'm only on 10.
MGSS is good, Tekken 5, had it for ages, completed it many times. DQ is good from what I have played and Lee tells me Kingdom Hearts is good.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:52:27

So what games on the PS3 are you most excited about ? just wondering :).

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:55:17

At 3/10/07 12:52 PM, loggers wrote: So what games on the PS3 are you most excited about ? just wondering :).

Unreal Tournament 2007, Assassins Creed, Final Fantasy XIII, Motorstorm, Fatal Inertia, Full Auto: Battlelines, Turok, Haze and I have heard news on a Ratchet and Clank game coming out. That will be good.

Quite a few...

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 12:58:22

At 3/10/07 12:55 PM, Marsupial wrote:
At 3/10/07 12:52 PM, loggers wrote: So what games on the PS3 are you most excited about ? just wondering :).
Unreal Tournament 2007, Assassins Creed, Final Fantasy XIII, Motorstorm, Fatal Inertia, Full Auto: Battlelines, Turok, Haze and I have heard news on a Ratchet and Clank game coming out. That will be good.
Quite a few...

Yes a new ratchet and clank game is coming out here are some pictures if you haven't seen them already :D
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.p hp?board=986&topic=34002210

Looks like it's gonna be a good installement, I played all the ratchet and clank games including the latest on the PS2 where he is in the gladiator arena of DOOOOM, Not a bad game at all I might add :>.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:00:32

Anyone got any updates on assasian's creed? I all know is that it is TBA 2007.

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:11:30

At 3/10/07 01:00 PM, Lockout wrote: Anyone got any updates on assasian's creed? I all know is that it is TBA 2007.

Sorry can't tell you when It's launched but I did get my hands recently on a nice little full movie list for all Assassin's Creed's movies :D check it out:

Trailer 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BHw7OHl8A

Trailer 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkPRO4jQvtg

Gameplay Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEur75oT4mk

Public Demo on the Xbox 360 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNcnDLNRNuY&mo de=related&search=%5D

Video Blog 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q8S_RJJk4

Video Blog 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thkDl7QKqJY

Developer Diary: Storyline - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkrRmfqlpds

Assassin’s Creed Interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzQrt0OZ1Q

GT E3 2006 Assassin’s Creed presentation by Jade Raymond - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGS3As2MzHs

GT E3 2006 Interview with Jade Raymond – Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9XRzW7EFA

GT E3 2006 Interview with Jade Raymond – Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIjAVMbYN9c

Jade Raymond Fragdolls Interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rO7I1YbEc&mo de=related&search=

Hope all of these work :>.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:14:56

Thanks loggers, The important ones worked at least. You know man you can just use IGN or my Personal Favorite Gamespot.

So anyway loggers what games do you play?

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:18:28

Currently Still trying to finish Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King boy that game is long but good ^_^.
And Final Fantasy 12 I don't know why so many people seemed to say it's the worst final fantasy game out there It's better then X-2 I can tell you that m8 :).

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:26:32

At 3/10/07 01:18 PM, loggers wrote: Currently Still trying to finish Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King boy that game is long but good ^_^.
And Final Fantasy 12 I don't know why so many people seemed to say it's the worst final fantasy game out there It's better then X-2 I can tell you that m8 :).

Long games are the best! They don't have to be long to be good but lenghier games increase value for money.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:28:05

Is dragon Quest 8 the newest one released that promises at least 100 hours of playing time? I think my friend has that one. I don't like the whip girl that special abilities are sexy beam and other things of that nature

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:28:49

Yeah that's true I mean look at Devil May Cry 2, a good game with decent Graphics and little story and awesome gamplay elements.
I finished it in a day and gave it back to my friend Who I burroed it from who btw also payed 40 bucks on it, Man I laughed at him so hard pay 40 bucks for a game you can finish in a day silly :s.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-03-10 13:32:46

At 3/10/07 01:28 PM, Lockout wrote: Is dragon Quest 8 the newest one released that promises at least 100 hours of playing time? I think my friend has that one. I don't like the whip girl that special abilities are sexy beam and other things of that nature

She's not of a bad nature really m8 besides I don't really use sexy beam silly ability when you can use a multi Blizzard spell on all enemies at once :), anywhoo what I like allot about Dragon Quest 8 is the fact it's a solid RPG Title that looks oldschool yet remains fresh with cool new ideas, like Monster team battles and very cool Alchemy pot system that gets you some awesome items :).
If you got some spare time like 4 hours a day or so to play the PS2 buy this game now (or get a friend who finished it to lend it to you), You will not regret It I assure you it is a really really good game if you get into it :>.