00:00
00:00

Playstation Empire

211,363 Views | 6,125 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 02:19:58

At 10/3/06 09:30 AM, Dark-Knight wrote: SO lets play a game lets write what stuff we want in the new GTA game...

I'd like to see cops that don't forget that you're wanted for murder. It's kind of stupid that you can go on a killing spree, blow up dozens of cars, then run away and about 20 minutes later the stars disappear and you're no longer a fugitive. The crime scenes shouldn't reset and if anything when you come back you see yellow tape, ambulances and a couple cop cars.

IMO once you're a fugitive, it should be like that for the rest of the game. Basically, if you don't want the cops on your tail while you're trying to play, then don't go around killing people for no reason. If having cops chase you is your goal, then go nuts, but from that point forward you're a fugitive. Now this doesn't have to be a main setting of the game, but maybe an "extreme" difficulty setting. I know I'd certainly use this setting because it always bugged me how I could start a shitstorm, run away for a long time, then later have the cops completely forget that I just went on a killing spree about 20 minutes ago. I want cops that never forget that I'm a fugitive. I want to come home to see my house raided and searched. I want to see body bags, ambulances and yellow tape. I want to see cops investigating, dusting for prints and if I didn't wear gloves, then they'll find my prints. Same with wearing a ski mask, if I wear one, then nobody will recognize my face, but if I rob a store without one on then I'll be a wanted criminal. Also, as a fugitive, I want to be able to wear a disguise so that cops don't notice me, but without the disguise I'm more likely to get caught.

This would make the game better because then you could focus more on the missions and try to stay within the law (at least in plain sight) and when I do kill or rob people, I try to be careful to cover it up and run outta there. Then when I do want to just enjoy the game in a major killing spree, it will turn into a neverending heart pounding adreneline race from the police and FBI. Oh yeah and make the cops much more sensitive too. If I run a red light or swerve all over the road like a drunk bastard, they're gonna pull me over to check me out. Yes I'd like speeding tickets to be part of the game too, just for fun. So if you're wanted for murder, you gotta drive carefully. Also, if you're in a stolen vehicle, you get pulled over and an officer runs your plates, you better book it out of there and expect a major police chase.

I'm expecting with a powerful engine from Playstation 3, that a more realistic law enforcement and crime scenes will be possible. I understand why bodies had to disappear and crime scenes reset, to save memory, but with all this bloated memory with the new system they should be able to add this easily.

Finally I think there should be a Tricky mod. You go around dressed up like a clown who flashes children on playgrounds with your flailing pecker and see how long before you're getting chased by teachers, parents and finally the cops.

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 06:39:04

i think create a character is very important i dont know about you but i like to try and make my self in the game so it has more realism...

hehehh

"He Who Devours Your Entrails & Enjoys It" : Lobo

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 10:39:58

That fugitive thing and some other stuff you wrote is in my opinion getting too realistic , i mean , same thing as the character would have to pay bills and taxes . Also , i don´t like it in a game when you have to choose a difficulty , so they should just have it as default normal/hard .

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 11:07:00

At 10/4/06 06:39 AM, Dark-Knight wrote: i think create a character is very important i dont know about you but i like to try and make my self in the game so it has more realism...

But if I had to create a character, it would most likely look really stupid. Maybe I'd be lucky and make a good character once or twice (e.g. the World of Warcraft character I made when I played that game for a while). And nah, I don't think creating your own character is very important, but if it's on the game, then that's just extra stuff to me.

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 11:18:13

i would like gta to be more mafia like hiring poeple for doing stuff or just for protection and of course a customisable carachter would be nice too

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 12:44:03

At 10/4/06 11:18 AM, TheLebanese wrote: i would like gta to be more mafia like hiring poeple for doing stuff or just for protection

They have that sort of thing in the new Scarface game.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-04 17:02:12

At 10/4/06 10:39 AM, Shinobl wrote: That fugitive thing and some other stuff you wrote is in my opinion getting too realistic , i mean , same thing as the character would have to pay bills and taxes . Also , i don´t like it in a game when you have to choose a difficulty , so they should just have it as default normal/hard .

Too realistic? Nah already the game attempts to be somewhat realistic, but my ideas would make the game more challenging. Yes fuck bills, taxes or court dates, I don't want realism like that, but having cops that are more realistic in that they pull you over for running red lights or speeding, would me more fun IMO. The speeding ticket thing would be just kind of a joke in the game, more of a reason for cops to hassle you, but at least a realistic reason. If you cooperate, the cops let you go on your way, but if you're wanted for murder or you don't cooperate, then expect a major police chase that lasts until you find a place to hide.

Again, it doesn't have to be the only setting for the game, but maybe an extreme difficulty setting. People like yourself might like GTA police who seem to get amnesia after so long in the game, but I personally would like them to be extremely difficult to deal with and will chase me from city to city if they have to. Especially if I've just gone on a killing spree out in the open where everyone saw my face. Real cops wouldn't just let that slide or forget about it, you'd be hunted down. It would be great running from cops, breaking down doors and hiding in people's houses. Once you safely got away, your heart would be pounding each time you saw another cop because you know that if they recognize you, it could lead to another major heart pounding police chase.

That would be my dream GTA game. When I cause a shitstorm, I want a shitstorm to come back on me 10-fold :D

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 03:27:48

If there is going to be an extreme difficulty setting , i want it to be that by default . Just for the cops chasing you reason the character should be made more agile , i just don´t want the police after you for eternity .

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 06:38:35

At 10/5/06 03:27 AM, Shinobl wrote: If there is going to be an extreme difficulty setting , i want it to be that by default . Just for the cops chasing you reason the character should be made more agile , i just don´t want the police after you for eternity .

An Extreme Difficult game setting that I made up would be OMFG Hard. That way, it's nearly impossible to beat the game. If your talking about GTA and if I put that shit on OMFG Hard, I'm not beating the game. The game is beating me.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 06:55:56

Back on the create a character thing if we look at SAN ANDREAS you could choose tattos and hair cuts and beards and any sort of out fit.... i think the create a character feature is pretty much allready there if your a black person hahaha...

anyway i think we proble will see a create a character feature in the next game if we look at what San Andreas had

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 08:07:00

There are contest prizes, and then there's the prize you get if you win the Resistance: Fall of Man™ Online Tournament Contest.

This time around, our winners will be treated to a prize so coveted, so awe-inspiring, that we can hardly believe it ourselves. We've written out the contest explanation very carefully so you can let it all sink it. Read below to get the irresistible details—but sit down first.

TO ENTER:
Write a gut-wrenching war journal from the perspective of a soldier engaged in the fight against the Chimera
Follow our lead: Use this intro to start your journal
Make your entry between 1 and 2 pages in length
Submit your entry to community_support@playstation.sony.com by 10/1/06
Include a photo of yourself so we can post it if you win
Wait on pins and needles while our panel of judges, including folks from Sony and the Insomniac development team, select the 10 most creative, authentic, exciting stories as winners

THE AMAZING PRIZES (AND MORE):
Our contest winners will get an all-expenses-paid, two-day, one-night trip to play in the world's first Resistance: Fall of Man Online Tournament at Insomniac Games in Burbank, California on 11/13/06
All winners will also enjoy one day of hanging out and dinner with the Resistance: Fall of Man development team
The First Place tournament winner gets a PLAYSTATION 3, a Resistance: Fall of Man jacket and a copy of Resistance: Fall of Man
Five tournament runners-up get a Resistance: Fall of Man jacket and a copy of Resistance: Fall of Man
The top 10 tournament players get a game poster signed by the development team
A random selection of the winning war stories and winners' photos will appear on the Resistance: Fall of Man Official Game site
The tournament will be filmed and clips will appear on the Official Game Site

You can see why we're feeling a little delirious. This contest prize is about as big as they come. So, focus, breathe, and get that war journal entry in. Don't miss the chance to play in the biggest, the first, the only Resistance: Fall of Man Online Tournament with the game developers, and get a shot at a brand-new PLAYSTATION 3!

Good luck!

RULES
No purchase necessary
Promotion ends 10/1/06
Open to U.S. legal residents who are registered G.A.P. members 18 years and older
Void where prohibited
See OFFICIAL RULES for details

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 08:10:52

i just cant read it all in acouple of words wats it about?

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 08:12:59

more fun too come guys

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 08:45:44

If there would be a create a character i think it would ruin a part of the storyline ... They should just have wide options of customing the character . And maybe in the online game it could be possible to make one .

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 15:30:12

At 10/5/06 02:23 PM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: The PS3 would by the best if when you play as someone out of final fantasy and their say your name (Real name).

That is virtually impossible.
They would have to record every sound that can be made with the mouth. For all they know, somebody could be called "Korox" or something random like that. How are they supposed to record all those words.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 16:06:07

the event posted above is an online tournament for more info check out www.us.playsation.com

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 18:18:27

my bad the link is: www.us.playstation.com good luck you guys i have faith in all that compete

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-05 21:12:33

At 10/5/06 06:18 PM, blackbat2 wrote: my bad the link is: www.us.playstation.com good luck you guys i have faith in all that compete

there both igzactly the same...

anyway i dont think create a chracter would interfear with teh story line and that thing where people can actually say your name thats not impossible eather i mean the wrestling games have just about everyones normal names then you can choose a bunch fo nick names i dunno... what ever i mean its the PS3 it should have alot more cool shit like this..

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-06 02:52:01

you know saying the name isnt aproblem they justb dont have to mention it my frien finished the gofather on pc the name was never mentioned

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-06 05:31:05

yeh like GTA 3 you dont know your characters name and he doesnt even talk.... and it was a great game

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-06 05:32:29

At 10/6/06 05:31 AM, Dark-Knight wrote: yeh like GTA 3 you dont know your characters name and he doesnt even talk.... and it was a great game

You dont find it out till San Andreas anyway.. but you know what i mean !

but saying your real name would still be cool its not impossible to do... like the wrestling games etc

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-06 15:57:50

At 10/6/06 05:31 AM, Dark-Knight wrote: yeh like GTA 3 you dont know your characters name and he doesnt even talk.... and it was a great game

His name is Claude, but its true, he doesn't talk

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 04:03:13

At 10/6/06 03:57 PM, The-Carnivore wrote:
His name is Claude, but its true, he doesn't talk

yeh but in that game you dont find out his name... stupid-o

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 07:40:13

At 10/7/06 07:36 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: I complete Kingdom Heart 2.

it still didnt come out...

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 07:46:59

At 10/7/06 07:36 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote: Member list:

One member this week.
I complete Kingdom Heart 2.

what about Doctor-doom !

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 08:02:22

any news on FF12?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 08:09:15

At 10/7/06 08:04 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
At 10/7/06 08:02 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: any news on FF12?
I don't know anything about FF12 so can't help you.

do you know anything about FF?

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 08:15:50

At 10/7/06 08:13 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
At 10/7/06 08:09 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 10/7/06 08:04 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
At 10/7/06 08:02 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: any news on FF12?
I don't know anything about FF12 so can't help you.
do you know anything about FF?
FF7,8,X and X-2 are good I don't know about the others.

you have them?

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 08:20:24

At 10/7/06 08:17 AM, Metal-Gear-Solid wrote:
At 10/7/06 08:15 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
you have them?
Yes but I don't play them and use PM.

umm okay. And what was i going to say yes uhh yeah what do you think will be the best game for ps3 in 2006 so not games in 2007?

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2006-10-07 09:09:59

At 10/7/06 08:20 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
umm okay. And what was i going to say yes uhh yeah what do you think will be the best game for ps3 in 2006 so not games in 2007?

i suppose ittl be out in acouple of years in lebanon ill have to buy mine from france i guess but its too expensive what do you advise me on this?