00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

713,219 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 08:10:21

What are you guys up to?

Im trying to find any ways to hack my schools bbs board.

http://www.delasalleoaklands.ca/chalkboard/

Its jsut a modified bbs board. Ive tried everything though.

And now im off on me way to school. 1 hour transit to toronto here we go.,

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 10:56:31

That looks like a simple phpBB. Just google it :P

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 11:09:44

Eh so I have someone coming in that I have to train next week or so. It should be interesting! I started to show her around, so hopefully she'll actually work out (unlike the last girl).

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 13:38:49

Bah, I'm getting sick of people recommending Java. It's proven to be one of the suckiest languages around, 99% of the professional programmers hate it, ...
The only thing it's remotely good for is eating op memory and making applications that are supposed to be cross-platform -.-

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 14:38:09

At 11/7/06 01:38 PM, elbekko wrote: The only thing it's remotely good for is eating op memory and making applications that are supposed to be cross-platform -.-

Pogo.com is a good example of that, though I do enjoy playing their games, so I don't mind rebooting every so often to free up the memory lag that their games cause :/

Does anyone ever get the feeling that certain people just "don't get it?" (I'm not just talking about the girl that worked with me that I couldn't train because she just wasn't perceptive enough). In the process of repeating yourself, the person just seems to get more confused and then confuses you as to why that person is confused. Bah!

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 14:42:09

At 11/7/06 02:38 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 11/7/06 01:38 PM, elbekko wrote: The only thing it's remotely good for is eating op memory and making applications that are supposed to be cross-platform -.-
Pogo.com is a good example of that, though I do enjoy playing their games, so I don't mind rebooting every so often to free up the memory lag that their games cause :/

Does anyone ever get the feeling that certain people just "don't get it?" (I'm not just talking about the girl that worked with me that I couldn't train because she just wasn't perceptive enough). In the process of repeating yourself, the person just seems to get more confused and then confuses you as to why that person is confused. Bah!

Yes. We have this partner at Starbucks who might just be slightly retarded. I'm dead serious. He has been working there for over 6 months now, and he still can't make an espresso drink right. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while, thinking it was just because he has never worked at a coffee shop before, but I was one of the last people to lose my patience. You know the day after thanksgiving? Usually we have as many people working that day as possible to keep up with the customers, but we actually didn't schedule him so we could keep up. Pretty bad, huh?

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 15:07:34

If you read a few of my earlier posts in this topic you might have seen a site layout i was making.

Thats still going nicley, and ive just finished getting it valid xhtml and css :)

Anyway, the site site is going to be a massive place to submit code snippets for various languages.
Its a little like pastebin.com only more structured sorta.

Out of intrest, what languages do you think i should make categories for ?
What would you like to see apart from the obvious PHP HTML Javascript AS C++ etc.

Thanks.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 15:08:35

Everything! And certainly make it possible for users to propose a new language (let them also include a file with all the keywords etc)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 15:22:23

At 11/7/06 03:08 PM, elbekko wrote: Everything! And certainly make it possible for users to propose a new language (let them also include a file with all the keywords etc)

Yeah im one step ahead with the propose a new language idea :)
However, i dont want to have categories for everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 15:25:10

At 11/7/06 03:22 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 11/7/06 03:08 PM, elbekko wrote: Everything! And certainly make it possible for users to propose a new language (let them also include a file with all the keywords etc)

Just make categories for the most used languages first, and then maybe branch out with user requests. And I like elbekko's idea for keyword charts.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 15:58:41

At 11/7/06 03:25 PM, amaterasu wrote:
At 11/7/06 03:22 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
Just make categories for the most used languages first, and then maybe branch out with user requests. And I like elbekko's idea for keyword charts.

Yeah that sounds about right =P

Anyway, ive currently got the following:
---
Actionscript
AJAX
ASP
ASP.NET
C
C#
C++
CSS
Delphi
DHTML
HTML
Java
Javascript
Lisp
Perl
PHP
Python
Ruby On Rails
Visual Basic
XML
---

Any others that you reckon should be on there ?

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 16:02:22

New site preview:
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=news itepreviewwx5.jpg

Today in libary (on computer):
Libarian: What are you doing? You arn't allowed to go to Video sites at lunchtime!
Me: It isn't a video site, it is one i am making myself...
Libarian: Well, is it work related?
Me: Not really, but it is somewhat to do with I.T...
Libarian: What does it have to do with I.T?
Me: We did a bit of html code in year 7, i am doing this in html...
Libarian: Okay, what is your name / class?
Me : Jordan C, blah blah blah.
Libarian: Okay, just don't do anything non-work related or we will take away your right to use these computers at lunchtime.
Me: Okaaay...
*Libarian walks off*

Rofl.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 16:06:46

At 11/7/06 03:58 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Any others that you reckon should be on there ?

Here's your first user (kind of) request: Pascal, and Fortran.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 16:09:12

At 11/7/06 04:02 PM, Jordan wrote: Convo

lol.

Anyway, i got bored and made a quick 6 second "up and down" of my new site =P

Not sure if these links will work to well but...
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=vid eo&file=Layout.avi
http://www.filecrunch.com/file/1su

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 16:16:54

At 11/7/06 04:06 PM, amaterasu wrote: Here's your first user (kind of) request: Pascal, and Fortran.

Your second user request: Sql and Ado

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 16:50:15

Another request: Not Quite C (NQC). I can provide you with the keyword list if you need :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 18:13:20

At 11/7/06 04:02 PM, Jordan wrote: New site preview:

It looks very basic but nice.

P.S. Anyone take a look @ my new template to point out why my layer inside of a layer isn't lining up right? The damn thing is valid XHTML and I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts. http://fauxdreams.net/test/

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 18:18:24

At 11/7/06 02:42 PM, amaterasu wrote: Yes. We have this partner at Starbucks who might just be slightly retarded. I'm dead serious. He has been working there for over 6 months now, and he still can't make an espresso drink right. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while, thinking it was just because he has never worked at a coffee shop before, but I was one of the last people to lose my patience. You know the day after thanksgiving? Usually we have as many people working that day as possible to keep up with the customers, but we actually didn't schedule him so we could keep up. Pretty bad, huh?

That's really bad! He should get his ass canned! If you can't work at Starbucks, then that's really bad! Espresso = grind the beans, tamp em down, put the attachment in the machine and hit the button! If you want chocolate or whatever added to the espresso (like my preferred drink: mint chip mocha frap), add the damn milk, ice and chocolate chips, syrup and some mint, grind it all up and boom! pour it in a cup, whipped cream and call it a day! It's not that hard. (I've never worked at Starbucks btw lol but I could be a barista if I wanted to be one).

There's this thing called a "Charlie Steamer" that I used to make quite a bit @ the baseball stadium that I used to work at and it's steamed milk in the cappuccino machine, hot chocolate mix and whatever flavored syrup you want that we had. I miss those things :( So yes, I could be a barista (give me the recipe and it's done).

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 19:11:23

At 11/7/06 06:18 PM, Jessii wrote: That's really bad! He should get his ass canned! If you can't work at Starbucks, then that's really bad! Espresso = grind the beans, tamp em down, put the attachment in the machine and hit the button! If you want chocolate or whatever added to the espresso (like my preferred drink: mint chip mocha frap), add the damn milk, ice and chocolate chips, syrup and some mint, grind it all up and boom! pour it in a cup, whipped cream and call it a day! It's not that hard. (I've never worked at Starbucks btw lol but I could be a barista if I wanted to be one).

Well, it's actually a little more complex than that, but you have the right idea. His problem is he's so damn slow, and STILL (after 6 FRIGGIN MONTHS!!!1one1X) doesn't remember the recipes.

(in the middle of a rush)
Guy: Umm, amaterasu, how many pumps of vanilla do I put in a grande hot chocolate?
Me: :_:

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 20:40:48

At 11/7/06 07:11 PM, amaterasu wrote: (in the middle of a rush)
Guy: Umm, amaterasu, how many pumps of vanilla do I put in a grande hot chocolate?

That's funny! I'd like vanilla in my hot chocolate though :P

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 20:45:11

At 11/7/06 08:40 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 11/7/06 07:11 PM, amaterasu wrote: (in the middle of a rush)
That's funny! I'd like vanilla in my hot chocolate though :P

there is actually, but he doesn't remember that there is 1 pump of vanilla, regardless of the size.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 20:48:26

At 11/7/06 08:45 PM, amaterasu wrote: there is actually, but he doesn't remember that there is 1 pump of vanilla, regardless of the size.

Yeah, the syrups are pretty strong.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-07 22:46:04

At 11/7/06 08:48 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 11/7/06 08:45 PM, amaterasu wrote: there is actually, but he doesn't remember that there is 1 pump of vanilla, regardless of the size.
Yeah, the syrups are pretty strong.

This is so funny because I keep leaving things out. It's 1 pump of vanilla in any size of the hot chocolate. A venti latte actually has 5. I don't like our vanilla unless it's mixed with something else, like right now, my drink to wake me up whenever I open is a *takes breath* iced double venti 6 pump vanilla 6 pump hazelnut breve iced cafe con leche. Try ordering that, I bet you'd get some funny results.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 00:50:49

At 11/7/06 10:46 PM, amaterasu wrote: an iced double venti 6 pump vanilla 6 pump hazelnut breve iced cafe con leche

Tasteh.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 07:17:44

At 11/7/06 06:13 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 11/7/06 04:02 PM, Jordan wrote: New site preview:
It looks very basic but nice.

P.S. Anyone take a look @ my new template to point out why my layer inside of a layer isn't lining up right? The damn thing is valid XHTML and I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts. http://fauxdreams.net/test/

Try adding
#Content * { margin-left: 185px; }

Just a thingy that might do it :P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 07:50:49

At 11/8/06 07:17 AM, elbekko wrote: Try adding
#Content * { margin-left: 185px; }

Just a thingy that might do it :P

I'll try it later when I get home and see if the * does anything to it. I'll let ya know, ty.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 07:51:46

At 11/8/06 07:21 AM, Zendra wrote: How's it going with the Programming Crew? Since the extern forum is a bit dead...

Hows LIFE, Zendra? Long time no see :)

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 09:47:40

At 11/8/06 08:12 AM, Zendra wrote: Lol, still aLIVE. Only very busy. Lately I have been doing a lot of review modding for Newgrounds and work around 52 hours a week, so busy, busy, busy.
I still lurk here, but most topics are repeats anyway! :)

I was wondering where you went! Review mod huh? Cool! But doing that on top of 52 hrs a week is crazy. I work about 40 hrs a week and don't feel like doing anything at the end of the day (even though some days I have nothing to do here at work so I come here lol).

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 13:00:03

At 11/8/06 10:40 AM, Zendra wrote: Being a review moderator is nice. Some weird situations occur sometimes, which can be fun. And actually I am used now to the 52 hours a week. When I get home I mostly go to the gym and work out for 1,5-2 hours. When I come back I'll eat something and go to bed. :)

That's interesting! Yeah I need to get back to going to the gym. I miss it a lot but the gym that I want to that's close to work that I used to go to in the morning is too expensive but it's in a slightly better location than the one that's closer to my house, so night time work outs aren't really an option. A friend and I were gonna go but she's helping her mom who's on chemotherapy, so she's exhausted by the end of the day from work and helping her mom.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-08 16:11:49

At 11/8/06 01:08 PM, Zendra wrote: Sounds awful and a hard thing to do. Respect for that.
Still, I always train by myself, so I can focus more. It's nice to see how some guys are even motivating me when lifting weights and see that I have a hard time. "COME ON!! TWO MORE!!"

lol when I used to go to the gym, I got there about 7 am, and "ran" or whatever on the elipticals for about 45 minutes or so and then did some resistance and then showered and came to work, now I start at 8ish instead of 9 and there's no way that I'm waking up at 5 am to go to the gym lol.