00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

New Username Standards

88,733 Views | 762 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-13 12:46:54


This was a mixed blessing for me.

Although I will miss 'goomba_troopa', I am very glad that 'GoombaTroopa' is no longer taken.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-14 13:29:04


At 9/9/06 12:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: For example, both "-Knox-" and "-Luis-" recently became "Knox" and "Luis", because the original owners of thes names were inactive users who never did anything with their accounts after creating them. I will work with contributing users (such as Flash authors, Audio Portal contributors, high ranking users) to give them the best names possible.

So people like me are forced to use something else because the same alias without dashes and hyphens are already used? Dammit.


BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-14 14:15:17


Hmmmmmm No wonder i had a hard time logging in today!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-14 14:57:21


crappy indeed.it passed some minutes b-fore i figured what the hell is happening.i thought like if my account is hacked.lol


BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-15 00:17:03


At 9/11/06 10:54 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
At 9/11/06 09:06 AM, liranmov wrote: i just dont understand why???
here's a recap of the last 30 pages:

we need to make these changes and here's why

BUT UH I DONT GET IT WAAAAA!!

we're not doing this for merely cosmetic changes, pay attention

WHAT THE FUCK I DISAGREE WITH THIS!

learn to read you ignorant worm, it's been explained 15 times in this thread already

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHYYYY!!! (you)

And then repeat x 100 to produce 30 pages of the above, don't leave out that part!

At 9/11/06 05:45 PM, FatherTime89 wrote:
At 9/10/06 06:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
I hope this makes it a bit more understandable.
Yes that explains everything to me completely thanks for taking the time to write all that. I will now never complain about this again.

Awesomeness. And just for the record, your complaining about it was nowhere near as annoying as a lot of other complaints I read last weekend, so don't worry about it.

At 9/11/06 09:46 PM, dcp2k4 wrote: dude thats kinda fucked up to just delete accounts like that, i mean i know there inactive but its still there account like my yahoo account got deleted like a month ago because it was inactive and now i need some of the art i uploaded on to geocities awhile ago but now its gone, if the account is inactive but the user has a submission to the portal(s) does it still get deleted? and what qualifys inactive, i post occasionaly but not alot

Tom isn't committing wholesale slaughter.

Old accounts aren't being insta-deleted, their NAMES (such as "steve" or "john" or "mike," names that other people MIGHT like to have but can't because someone who signed up in 1999 or 2000 took and then never bothered to use their accounts for anything...)...

Anyway, the NAMES of these old accounts are just being reset. To something like steve0001 or something, so ACTIVE users can have the good names without -s, _s, numbers, etc. etc.

Good ol' plaintext name with no need for symbols or numbers all over the place.


gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-16 00:56:34


What about names like xXnameXx?


I use smileys when im clinically depressed =3

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-17 22:14:17


yes sir tom. I see those standards apply to my username. Good thing everythings alright here.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-21 18:42:49


This sucks for me since I can't take take just regular Inazuma. It says it's fucking taken. >:(

This is such a crock, now I have to get my sig changed as well.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-26 23:23:53


Just a question. Why did you take away internal underscores? I can understand getting rid of doubles but what's the problem with a single underscore, 'cause mine looks kinda dorky with a hyphen.


"Will someone shove a pack of Skittles so far up this faggot's ass that he tastes the friggin rainbow?" -demonofthehiddenmist

Epic cock joke! | Best photoshop thread ever!

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-12-26 19:04:05


At 9/26/06 11:23 PM, Snakemaster-13 wrote: Just a question. Why did you take away internal underscores? I can understand getting rid of doubles but what's the problem with a single underscore, 'cause mine looks kinda dorky with a hyphen.

Because, he's making us our own personal folder! aka http://www.snakemaster-13.newgrounds.com would be real in the next update!

Speaking of that, Tom, would you actually make that many subdomains, or would you just use php to mask it?


Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-12-31 16:07:10


They should be doing this on friendster

Response to New Username Standards 2007-01-08 00:57:55


cool


BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2007-01-08 12:10:21


Thats kinda shit.