00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash game help 2006-08-12 00:19:38

OK people. I want to make a simple collect the coin game but i dont know the actionscripting. I just want to have a charachter and a coin that he collects and I'll work from there.

could someone give me the link to a really good tutorial that has this kind of actionscripting or just give the actionscripting to me.

I USE FLASH 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please make sure it is compatible with flash 8. i have found a good tutorial that would teach me how to make a coin game but it only worked on Flash MX.

HOLY SHIT

Response to Flash game help 2006-08-12 00:20:38

BBS Signature

Response to Flash game help 2006-08-12 00:21:49

Give the coin and instance name coin and put this code in the player.

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
if(this.hitTest(_root.coin)){
_root.score+=1
}
}

Also make sure you have a dynamic text block with the VARIABLE name score.

Response to Flash game help 2006-08-12 00:34:51

ok to Hornby I did that little actionscripting but it didnt work.

and to donutmaster have any ideas of what topic it would be under in that hge tutorial.

Sorry if i sound annoying i just really want to know how to make a coin game

HOLY SHIT

Response to Flash game help 2006-08-12 00:57:55

At 8/12/06 12:19 AM, zac13x4 wrote: OK people. I want to make a simple collect the coin game but i dont know the actionscripting. I just want to have a charachter and a coin that he collects and I'll work from there.

Okay, lets see if I can narrow it down to a few tutorials from AS: Main I think you'll need....

Basic stuff
Gonna need to be able to move the guy
Variables will be needed
Coin will be duplicated or attached dynamically

Thats just some of the stuff I THINK you'll need. Depends on how you go about your game. And if you're going to be making more games in the future, a good idea would be to start on the first tutorial in general, and just keep going from there. (For a game like this btw, I think most of the stuff you need will be under basic, some will be under intermediate)

BBS Signature

Response to Flash game help 2006-08-12 00:59:33

At 8/12/06 12:34 AM, zac13x4 wrote: ok to Hornby I did that little actionscripting but it didnt work.

and to donutmaster have any ideas of what topic it would be under in that hge tutorial.

Sorry if i sound annoying i just really want to know how to make a coin game

Are you usre you hgave the textblock a VARIABLE NOT INSTANCE name