00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,247 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 21:04:55

At 9/12/06 09:02 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: No offence, but i was sure MaestroRage would have the 2nd place,and the 3rd. (However, i knew from the beginning that Arbiter will be first)

Guess we only can wait for black and white results. : /
No offence taken. >: (

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 21:13:01

At 9/12/06 09:11 PM, Chronamut wrote: ya I was pwned too.. I think i was like.. 17th hehehe.. blegh.. XP

ya props to everyone!

who got top 5? do u guys want me to post my reviews as a judge or do u not care? =P I made a chart and everything lol.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 21:14:41

LOL I JUST CHECKED MY PM BOX AND I HAVE 47 MESSAGES THAT CAME WITHIN 2 HOURS.

1/4 of which are from deflektor with like... a play-by-play commentary of the radiogrounds show rofl.

Thanks man <3! xD

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 21:14:43

Cock joke Cock joke

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 21:16:33

are you allowed?

why wouldn't I be... it's over now right?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 21:25:23

Judge Reviews for MusicalSerenity 1-5

Well, what do we have here. September 3, 2006
Entry: Here comes the Tankmen! Overall rating: 9
Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. The beginning was a bit slow but after a while... woo boy this piece was doing great.

EXTREMELY original. I loved this. I ALMOST laughed (i'v never laughed from any musical piece in my life except 1)

This was ever-changing, ever-moving into a pshycotic state of retardness. I loved it. This would be a wonderful tankmen theme. This is also a great first piece and I can't wait to see how you do with your own original works.

The only thing that was really a low score was your clarity. Many times sounds could not be heard and some things blended together.

Still, a wonderful piece and it barely dragged you down.

Originality: 10
Clarity/Sound Quality: 6
Diversity: 10
Effort/Skill: 9
Catchiness/Appeal: 10
Overall: 9

Good luck in the MAC6 August Contest. Your definately in my top 3 picks. ^^

~MS
Originality: 10 Clarity: 6 Diversity: 10 Effort: 9

------------------------

Author's response:
Wow man... hehe...thnx a lot for the review. It was very flattering, I'm happy you liked my composition :D

On the clearity issue, I agree, and hope it's something I will get better at during future work.

cheers!

Good. September 3, 2006
Entry: Tankmen--_--(1:26) Overall rating: 7
Hello -Zenon-. I'v seen you around on forums but i'v never really had a chance to listen or review your music now have I? Sorry about that.

Anyways, the clarity and diversity were great. Constantly changing and moving foward... this piece kept you listening.

A nice piece but... not exactly well-thought out and done with time and care. Please forgive me if I'm wrong about that but that's what it seems like.

It's extremely simple... just the dun, dun, dun, dun, in the backround anyone can do. As well as... although your piece was constantly changing, only a simple thing was done. There was nothing at all complex about this piece.

Anyone could have done something similar by sticking in a melody and easily doing everything else.

Then again... the characters of Tankmen arn't exactly... complex now are they ;)

What i'm trying to say is. Although it would be a fitting piece and it is entertaining. It's not the best you could do. You could have done so much more with this and made it a must-have as a theme!

Anyhow, it's fine just the way it is, could be better, but it's good nonetheless.

Originality: 5
Clarity/SoundQuality: 9
Diversity: 9
Effort/Skill: 6
Catchiness/Appeal: 7
Overall: 7.2

I wish you the best of luck in the MAC6 August Contest.

~MS
Originality: 5 Clarity: 9 Diversity: 9 Effort: 6

-----------------------

Good Job September 3, 2006
Entry: Tankmen Attack! Overall rating: 7
Alrighty then. Lets start with diversity. Although changes did take place this piece god kind of old after a while. Yes, it was very fun and very good in the beginning but as i'v said before... it was dragged out and worn down.

I'v seen you on forums but i'v never listened to your music. I have to say I am quite impressed.

The clarity of this piece is superb. Tho', for originality i'v heard similar pieces and there wasn't much new or out of the ordinary in the piece except a few minor things.

I really don't feel Tankmen should have been a technoish piece though. You may be best at techno (i'm not sure) and similar pieces but one of the hardest things about making this piece (which is the reason I didn't do it... i'm to amateur =P) Is that you have to change your style in many cases. I have never done a happy, humurous piece in my life... the closest i'v done is my Piano Sonata but I feel I could never do a decent Tankmen theme.

You need skill, to take what you know and change and totally incorporate it into a new genre of music. I'v seen others do this... but I don't feel you did.

Still, don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful piece. Just not suitable for Tankmen I think.

Originality: 6
Clarity/SoundQuality: 10
Diversity: 5
Effort/Skill: 5
Catchiness/Appeal: 6
Overall: 6.4

Good luck in the MAC6 August!

~MS
Originality: 6 Clarity: 10 Diversity: 5 Effort: 5

-------------------

Heh September 3, 2006
Entry: The Tankmen Are Coming! Overall rating: 8
I liked it. A very original piece I think... especially next to all the other Tankmen submissions.

It could have been more diverse I think... from middle to end I kept hoping that something new would come in. I know new stuff did happen but the same tune stayed and was dragged until it wore down and died.

Overall, you did a good job here and I really liked the transition you made.

Originality: 10
Clarity/SoundQuality: 7
Diversity: 7
Effort: 8
Catchiness/Appeal: 6
Overall: 7.6

Good luck in the MAC6 August Contest!

~MS
Originality: 10 Clarity: 7 Diversity: 7 Effort: 8

-------------

Hahaha September 3, 2006
Entry: Tankmen Overall rating: 8
Excellent job here. It was extremely clever and original to throw in those Tankmen lines. Although the piece was somewhat repetitive it still changed enough so that it would not get boring and of course, those hilarious lines kept you listening.

Everything was great for this piece. And I feel it has an excellent chance of winning.

Originality: 9
Clarity/SoundQuality: 7
Diversity: 8
Effort/Skill: 8
Catchiness/Appeal: 10
Overall: 8.4

Good luck! I think you have one of the best chances out of everyone to win! ^^

~MS
Originality: 9 Clarity: 7 Diversity: 8 Effort: 8

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 22:02:35

Triskele's Reviews.

Syntrus - Major Heart On

One standout in your tune is the progression. Not exactly revolutionary, but as it's a themesong, the way in which you introduce several theme variations very quickly is quite nice. Also, the heavy, echo-y kick is perfect. Problems arise in the levels and mixing though. There is some pretty heaving clipping in some of the most important tracks of your song, and the cymbal is just plain annoying at its current volume level. Moreover, though the beat is interesting, the melody is boring, quite frankly. Extremely generic techno line. You've got a great idea going here, you just need to develope it further. Keep up the good work.
62.4%

Deflektor78 - Tankmen on breakfast

Wow. This is a brilliant piece of classical composition. The progression, the theme variations, and the very distinct sections are very nice. There are two BIG problems though. First of all, I can't help but feel that this really isn't suited to the style of the Tankmen series. It's too low-key and unassuming for the rowdy manner of the movies. Also, the instruments are HORRIBLE. They are FAR too MIDI-ish. You need some new samples, my friend! Otherwise, great work. Keep it up!
68.6%

General_Leo - The Fall and Rise of a Hero

First of all, very nice intro. Real-sounding instruments for the most part, and it moves quickly into the main section of the tune smoothly. Personally, though this is a very serious-sounding piece, I feel it resonates with the themes of Tankmen in an ironic way...kind of a sarcastic tribute to the "brave" "warriors." My main problem is that there is little diversity. A few more variations of the main theme would do wonders. Also, the piece often feels a little sparse. There is a definite lack of depth in some of the main section that could be easily remedied by a few more instruments. Otherwise, excellent work. Keep doing that thing you do!
72.0%

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

Very nice mix of techno and metal. The tune is catchy, and the drums are pretty well done, but it seems a little sparse. The bass could definitely stand to be cranked a bit, as well as the kick. Also, it's a little short, even for a themesong. A few variations on the A part would do wonders. Great work though, probably the best match of the Tankmen movies thus far!
73.8%

Darkside_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

Brilliant. Yeah...that's basically all I have to say. The inclusion of quotes from the flash means extra brownie points for you, and the sound effects are great. All in all, a PERFECT match for the Tankmen series. Only suggestion - Needs a bit of a bass boost for true rock pwnage. However, you've really got it going in this one. Keep up the awesome work!
90.7%

RiftMaster - Tankmen

The intro is ridiculous. You could definitely do away with it. Too dramatic. The main section...hmm. You've got the playfulness going a little bit, but it's too "family friendly." And when you introduce the rock elements, it gets a bit too hardcore to really work out. Basically, I feel this is a pretty disorganized, unsatisfactory piece. It's really not coherent enough for a theme song. Better luck next time.
5.3%

Anth0n - Battery Power

First of all, I want to make it clear that this song is excellent. The distortion is really nice, the intro theme is nicely morphed throughout the piece, and the fast breaks are really groovy. Sadly, I don't really feel that this matches the style of TANKMEN very well. Too edgy and hardcore for the hilariousness of the flashes. Still, really excellent work! Keep it up.
79.7%

Chronamut - vortex

Nice track. Pretty generic metal, but it works pretty well with the theme of tankmen. However, you've got your own weakness pinned: Your samples suck. Hard. If they were fixed, I think you'd have something pretty damn good, but as it is, it's kind of hard to get past the crappy tones. Still, great work as always.
67.4%

kliff - my submission to tankmenn

Ok, so...nice composition for the most part. some slight issues with the chord progressions, but forgivable, and the playfulness is fitting. I actually don't mind the piano as a solo instrument, and I think this might fit well with the series...if it was better quality. Yep, it's obviously the piece's major downfall, and it REALLY ruins it. Fix the levels and do a direct connection to your computer, and you'll be dandy. Good work.
56.4%

John_Floyd - Take my Tank...Please

Fun for a kid's cartoon, but really not appropriate for Tankmen. The arrangement and composition is fine, but everything is WAY too MIDI sounding. You need some new samples and a little more edge. Keep up the good work.
29.7%

a

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 22:06:20

what!? Winners were announced?! I want info!!!

>:(

I didn't have the chance to listen to the radio show T-T.

Ah well, I don't care if I won or not, it was great fun making the song. My piece wasn't very funny at all, far too serious really ;).

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 22:49:44

At 9/12/06 09:14 PM, ZeroLevel wrote: Cock joke Cock joke

^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, PsychoGoldfish recorded the show and i'm downloading atm, for those who missed it. I'll link it after I upload it somewhere. No idea what the quality will be like, so blame him ;) .

At 1/16/09 06:14 AM, Jonas wrote:

: Altr remains the only reason the BBS is here. It waits for him to post, and cries when he ignores it's unlubed asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-12 22:51:04

At 9/12/06 10:49 PM, altr wrote: Also, PsychoGoldfish recorded the show and i'm downloading atm, for those who missed it. I'll link it after I upload it somewhere. No idea what the quality will be like, so blame him ;) .

Fucking swell as.

Living in a kangaroo pouch sucks :(

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 01:53:10

Can't wait to hear the show, even if it's only a recording. Shouldntve missed the live one :(

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:24:25

Good morning!

Did I miss something? ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:32:35

At 9/13/06 02:24 AM, Rucklo wrote: Good morning!

Did I miss something? ;)

You bastard! >:(

Give us a list where we can see the FINAL results....NOW!

You just don't want to give it out because you play with us just like JohnnyUtah! >:((((

See that last smile ? It's teh smile of pwnage! Results...NOW!!...or I drink your beers!

ololololol

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:40:52

Mwahahhaha
Get online on msn you bastard, so i can finnish you of live >:(

I´ll get the list out anytime now, i just need to know a few things about the show.
So get the fuck online, you drunken sonofanangel >:(

no wait...

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:54:06

At 9/13/06 02:40 AM, Rucklo wrote: Mwahahhaha
Get online on msn you bastard, so i can finnish you of live >:(

I´ll get the list out anytime now, i just need to know a few things about the show.
So get the fuck online, you drunken sonofanangel >:(

no wait...

I would you bastard but I'm @ work and I can't go on msn there. >: (

So that means I can't pwn you now....but latorz, what I'm infact willing to do! >: (

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:54:41

hum... does anyone have a link to the show by the way?
i just wanna hear it...before class starts... :´(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:57:00

i missed the show, hopefully i didnt sound too much like a tired ass...who am I kidding, I KNOW I did.

anyway, I recorded my reasoning for not saying what my definitive top choice was - frankly because it's a combination on a few that I liked and I plan to use many of them in something tankmen related. I explained this mostly in the audio review if you go check that out.

thanks again COCK JOKE

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:57:22

Well i´ll have to get to class now...

If anyone could be friendly enough to put out a link, that would be appreciated.

I will put out the final list later on today, along with some blablabla´s. That sounds good? :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 02:59:03

At 9/12/06 10:06 PM, MaestroRage wrote: what!? Winners were announced?! I want info!!!

>:(

I didn't have the chance to listen to the radio show T-T.

Ah well, I don't care if I won or not, it was great fun making the song. My piece wasn't very funny at all, far too serious really ;).

it was seriously, but also AWESOME. great job.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 03:03:16

At 9/13/06 02:57 AM, Rucklo wrote: Well i´ll have to get to class now...

If anyone could be friendly enough to put out a link, that would be appreciated.

I will put out the final list later on today, along with some blablabla´s. That sounds good? :)

That sound just acceptable. >: (

altr said that he will post a link later, he have to download the show first...and get over his drunken state. XD

Have fun in class.

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 04:25:43

Congratulations to those who made the top 20!

Alright, I was also part of the original MAC judging team. Here's my response to all of the great submissions you guys created:

If your score is below 50, please don't get discouraged, because anything above 50 was an excellent track in my opinion.

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

Good build-up, but the progression here wouldn't suit my liking for TANKMEN. There was way too much gain on this track, bringing down the volume would have made it much easier to listen to. The high-shelf was most prominent, try EQing the next track to have more of a fluid range of frequencies. I had difficulty listening for a distinct melody, but the last 30 seconds of the track could have made something nice if it was longer and carried more diversity. Nice sounding stuff Syntrus, but this theme did not seem appropriate for TANKMEN in my opinion.

AOS: 40.7

------------------------------------------
-----------

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Very solid beginning. Excellent stereo imaging of each instrument, it created a very clear representation of TANKMEN in my mind. A few minor refections though: I found certain points in the staccato melody to be slightly thin, boosting the low shelf and layering the bass instruments would have furthur flourished the already outstanding tune thats here.

Though this has no bearing on your adjusted score, I personally think this track could've lengthened out the progression. Each element was phenominal, but could have stood to have more length. As an introduction theme, this may well be the splitting image of what the creator of TANKMEN was hoping for. Excellent work.

AOS: 68.7

------------
MaestroRage - _-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

Very well done, I've listened to this track on loop eight times and can find very little to correct. This movement was nearly perfectly balanced, very catchy as well. You have made my job to critique fairly difficult, almost every element in this track has been carefully thought out, most impressive. To be specific, I was impressed with the dynamics in tone, mood and instrumentation. When the cymbal crash initiates the final boost of momentum as the male choir joins in, I was amazed at the emotion you managed to capture through the male ambient melody. The use of china-like cymbals and church bells was commendable, each added a extra layer of ambience to this already stunning piece. Having said that, if this was implemented into TANKMEN, it would require a follow-up piece. This beautiful track only focuses on the violent nature of TANKMEN, it seriously neglegts the humourous aspect that I feel is necessary.

By far, my favorite submission.

AOS: 81.7

------------
CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

Very clear and crisp recording, that's going to get you some extra points right off the bat. :)

This isn't bad thing, but I found your song to be similar to the other submissions in that they only focus on one narrow aspect of TANKMEN. TANKMEN has more that one element to it, it's not just a series of explosions and violent behaviors. The triplet feel double-kick, I found to be slightly overkill, it tended to take away from the distinct "theme" aspect of TANKMEN.

Aside from the previous comments, this track was quite well done. Very clear, and origonal. Unfortunately, it doesn't exactly remind me of TANKMEN. On the other hand, Johnny Utah might find this very appealing!

AOS: 57.4

------------
DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

Some very obvious talent here, but a very flat sounding track. You could have given a huge boost to the low shelf. That's alright, mixing is only one aspect of how this track gets rated. You're biggest strength was that you were able to capture the feel of TANKMEN. I especially thought the 8-bit explosions fit in well, they helped bring in the more violent imagery of TANKMEN. The actual melody in this track was great, very catchy and appropriate. This was a perfect length for a TANKMEN introduction, great job calculating that in. It's little things like that which furthur your chance in getting it used by Johnny Utah. A few changes in the mix of this track would have scored you much higher, you already have a great basis for a TANKMEN theme. Unfortunately without those changes, it's hard to imagine this in an actual episode. Good job though, very catchy Darkside_555!

AOS: 58.4

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 04:27:04

They didnt all fit into one post, so here's the rest:

RiftMaster - Tankmen (Aug. Audio Contest)

The beginning of this track was leading up to something, only to end up anti-climactic in my opinion. Certain parts of this song were very thin, and out of place. Some instruments were even out of tune, it's something you'll definetely want to correct for your next submission. The samples you used for the drums in the middle of the track could have been much better, I found them quite detestable to be honest. Having said that, I am glad that you made a point of including both the humour and intensity of TANKMEN into this piece, it was something that most submitters chose to ignore for this contest. Because of the unorganized melodies, I can't see this track being included as the TANKMEN theme. Keep working at it for next time RiftMaster.

(By the way, did you include that orchestral glitch at the end on purpose?)

AOS: 37.4

------------
Anth0n - {ANT} - Battery Power

I was impressed with the beginning, perhaps a bit too much pressure on the beat to begin with. As the fast melody and the bass line begin to work together, this track becomes very slightly muddy. This could have been fixed by jumping the melody and octave. Other than that though, this track was mixed quite well. The key change sustains interest in the listener until the very end of the track. Though the sound of this track is good, it doesnt remind me of TANKMEN. It just simply seems inappropriate and didn't reflect any kind of similarity to the violent or humourous feel of TANKMEN. Very original sound to it, but are you
sure this track was made with the intention of use with TANKMEN?

AOS: 48.9

------------
cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

Very impressive work cornandbeans, this is one of my favorite MAC submissions. Everything I hear from you always impresses me. It's both intense and balanced well, and most importantly, it sounds like TANKMEN! The melody you used was catchy and could both be interpreted for use in humourous and violent aspects of TANKMEN. Be careful with your bass sample that you don't push it lower that it's limits. The very lowest bass notes in this track resonated slightly flat even though they were perfectly in tune, this happens when a samples threshold frequncy is lower then the human ear can measure. For a short track, you added some nice diversity. I could listen to this track over and over (which i'm forced to do anyhow) and not grow tired of it. You especially impressed me with the orchestral instrumentation you used, that's something that always peaks my interest on a personal level, I also enjoyed the key change. Perhaps the beginning of this track could have been more appropriate if it had some more progression to it. A close TANKMEN candidate!

AOS: 67.2

------------
Kliff - my submission to tankmen

Kliff, you need to turn down the master gain, this track was not easy to listen to because of noticable clipping. I found the entire track intense, but lacking the diversity of the TANKMEN feel. It was obvious that this track recieved little or no "tender loving care" as the speed fluctuates throughout the song and piano samples are cheesy. Many parts of this song are dissonant and feel disconnected. The lack of percussion in this track gave it a very flat sound, a TANKMEN theme almost requires some sort of percussion to create the military feel in the viewers mind. Next time I would strongly suggest adding different instrumentation, like I said earlier, these samples became a burden. The ending is poorly concluded and seems to end short. You have a few good ideas that run throughout this track, but the lack of organization spoils it. I am sorry Kliff,
but I didn't have a very positive impression of this song, and could find hardly anything good to say about it.

AOS: 37.9

------------
John_Floyd - Take My Tank... Please

Jolly interesting track John_Floyd! You focused on the humurous aspect of TANKMEN perhaps a bit too much, but thats just fine. You had some really great ideas going in here, in fact I would say that samples were your biggest downfall (the clarinet especially struck me as cheesy). If
everything else was slightly better mixed, this track would have been great. You captured the very image of TANKMEN in my mind as this theme strutted along in my ears. You did a great job in trying to be direct as possible in the emotion you tried to create. If this was slightly longer and carried the more serious side to TANKMEN in it, it would have been
wonderful. Very origonal and well thought out, but quite thin. For the most part, well done, but better mixing and samples would have granted you a much higher score.

AOS: 46.2

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:02:18

Well, by now most of you know the score and who won the MAC6 - August.
A sig pic is on it´s way (stay tuned in the thread for this). And apart from the show altr aired on radiogrounds.com , G9 will also make a Podcast with the top ten submissions.
This is your chanse to justify your song, and get extra comments out, so everyone that´s in the TOP TEN contact G9 and you can make comments to your song!!!

The primary first award, being in JohnnyUtah´s TANKMEN flash is taking longer, but hey, ya can´t rush an artist! We all look forward to his upcoming flash with the winning sumbission(s) (if don´t understand what I´m talking about, see the first page and post in this thread).

There are a couple of people I´d like to thank for making this show awsome (in random order);

- Everyone who participated, you rock See you again next MAC!

- JohnnyUtah for making awsome flashes for us all to view and letting us all fight over being in his flash!

- Denvish for putting the top 2 on the frontpage.

- Metalcan for making the sig-pic.

- DarKsidE555 for helping out with some feedback and updating the list >:(

- LJCoffee for making an awsome judging system, helping out with feedback and being all around helpful!

- altr for the awsome show on radiogrounds.com

- TomFulp for the frontpage mention.

- G9 for making the podcast with the top ten submissions.

And of course all judges who busted their assess with scoring and reviewing!
They are;

Kingbastard
piepie
nightvision
Triskele
Love_Hate_War
LJCoffee
MusicalSerenity
Rucklo

- And everyone at the Audio Forum <3 ya´ll.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:06:02

Here´s the final list;

§Arbiter§ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme
77.0, 78.0, 65.9, 68.7
Final Score: 72,4

DarKsidE555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)
90.7, 67, 58.4, 46.9
Final Score: 65,75

80.1, 59.5, 81.7, 38.7
Final Score: 65

WinTang - March of the Tankmen
33.5, 77.8, 47.6, 87.4
Final Score: 61.58

speedmetalmessiah - Mighty Tankmen!
59.1, 72, 64.4, 49.0
Final Score: 61,13

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!
60.6, 68.7, 40.3, 67.2
Final Score: 59,2

Bungeetounge - Tankmen
31.5, 63.2, 65.3, 73.6
Final Score: 58.4

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!
45.6, 67, 57.4, 54.4
Final Score: 56,1

schwam - Here comes the Tankmen!
25.6, 75.3, 37.5, 83.1
Final Score: 55,38

Bad-Man-Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1
22.5, 74.5, 73.8, 49.1
Final Score: 54.98

79.7, 55.1, 48.9, 30.1
Final Score: 53,45

LonerEagle - The Fall and Rise of a Hero
25.7, 72, 72.0, 35.1,
Final Score: 51.2

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--
20, 57.2, 62.9, 51.475
Final Score: 47,89

60.1, 36.6, 57.4, 36.9
Final Score: 47.75

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+
33, 67.4, 42.4, 27.2
Final Score: 42,5

49.4, 46.9, 40.7, 27.6
Final Score: 41.15

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!
22.5, 68.6, 30.9, 28.5
Final Score: 37.63

29.7, 40.5, 46.2, 30.7
Final Score: 36,78

kliff - my submission to tankmen
56.4, 19.3, 37.9, 12.1
Final Score: 31,43

5.3, 25.2, 37.4, 28.3
Final Score: 24,05

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:17:31

I was judging too, because of the delay with the show and yada yada yada.

As a judge, i´ve been very rough, basicly I thought "TANKMEN THEME" when judging in all categories.

The drums kinda starlted me slightly when the song started, and the levels of the beat overall coiuld be mixed smoother. There was some overriding at a few parts, and it felt like dynamics just wasn´t there...
The song gave me a slight medival feel, wich in this case made went well with the overall dark feeling of the song.
This is not my personal thought of a tankmen theme, it´s way too dark, but I DID like the song overall (i love dark stuff:).

Adjusted Overall Score = 27.6

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!
Intro felt very long, probably because it was fairly empty. Some better work with effects like reverb, perhaps some delay, maybe even some short well placed samples, and so on, could take care of that.
This is quite alot a background mix, wich is good, but it doesn´t have have an empty feel just because of that.
Anyway, this is reasonably suitable for the TANKMEN flash in my eyes (ears), but it kinda felt like you took it somewhere in the middle where it shouldn´t be. Personally I liked the part that was "unsuitable" better then the other (intro part) but yeah, this IS a TANKMEN contest...

Adjusted Overall Score = 28.5

A well made audio this, the song is skillfully made, simply. However, I have fairly difficult seeing this as a "TANKMEN THEME", simply because it has elements that gets me thinking of actionfilled films rather than a quite goofy flash animation... Of course this can be used in a "TANKMEN" manner, but it´s not what I´d picture a themesong.
But yes, this IS a very good song othervice, both technically and musically!

Adjusted Overall Score = 38.7

Metal as a TANKMEN theme? hmm well, nah, not really, to be honest. Doesn´t feel like what I picture TANKMEN at all. But hell yeah, this song is fucking awsome. I grew up on metal, dark and evil stuff just like this. Fucking awsome stuff! However, I just can´t make this TANKMEN friendly in my head.

Adjusted Overall Score = 36.9

DarKsidE555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)
The intro with the sample from the first TANKMEN flash made me think of the TANKMEN flash at once, and perhaps just because of this, I can actually picture this song in the TANKMEN flash. Decent quality, and a quite catchy melody makes this one of my personal TANKMEN favorites of the songs I judge. There is THOUGHT behind this song, it is actaully supposed to be a TANKMEN theme, wich is what the MAC6 - August is all about, even though as cons, the metal/punk-style with all the distortion that comes along doesn´t feel 100% right!

Adjusted Overall Score = 46.9

This is a quite goofy and fun audio, wich is alot what I´d picture as a TANKMEN themesong. That´s absolutley the strength of the song. But some notes felt very sour, and the guitars really ruined everything for me. Not the fact taht there were guitars invlovled, but rather the way they were played. I could just picture a scene with a couple of musicians, jamming along niceley, and then comes the overpowered guitar "(z)hero" and grabbed all attention, by playing a solo that was totally inapropriate for both the audience and the other poor musicians...

Adjusted Overall Score = 28.3

Whoa, techno techno techno!
Actually, despite the fact that all senses scream "NO NO NO" I actually CAN imagine parts of this song as a themesong for the TANKMEN. that feels pretty weird, but I really can. At least the first 30 sec´s or so.
Overprocessing and some levels needs to be checked, this song is pumping a little too much, so to speak.
But this song DOES give me the feeling of preset a little too much... when making electronic pieces like this, I find it very important that the sounds involved are worked out against eachother more, in places the instruments really masked eachother... creative EQ as homework for you ^^

Adjusted Overall Score = 30.1

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+
Pitching guitarsamples to get different notes never was a favorite technique of mine, and is someting that ruined the song for me in many ways. To be honest the song feels very simple overall there should really be more to it to fill it out better, i dunno, perhaps a little bird-sample here, and some "boing" there or whatever.
The outro was absolutley the part that felt the best, I think yu should have used that part as a base and worked your way from that instead.
But there is some TANKMEN feel inside of all this wich saves parts of it, but for me it´s not enough.

Adjusted Overall Score = 27.2

kliff - my submission to tankmen
Technically there was overriding and to be honest an overall bad recording/usage of samples. There is something remote that could make me perhaps remember TANKMEN, but nothing that would remind me of TANKMEN when I get old and forgetful.
Nah, this really needs more work, It feels very much un-finished, and yeah, maybe you could fill it up and make it good, but with what I hear from here you´ve quite some distance to walk.

Adjusted Overall Score = 12.1

This was a fun little tune that reminded me of some old Charlie Chaplin type of humour. It´s a fun tune that capture at least some of the TANKMEN feel. It might be a little too colourfull with all the balloons and clowns that comes in mind when hearing this, but it could be the choise of samples that does it... Perhaps you should have tried making the military drums a little more prominent, and mixed in some other "military" samples to draw some attention away from the fun-land.

Adjusted Overall Score = 30.7

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:22:24

So it really was a countdown from #20 to #1. Oo And I thought altr was making a drunken joke again. >: (

2nd place AND frontpage!?? Oo...WoW...just wow...seriously...I'm speechless. D :

*wipes tear away D ;*

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:28:37

congrats to everyone who took part, shame i didnt post a tune i would have crashed and burned against this quality. theres ben a lot of good stuff put up, nice to see what comes out when an animation is involved lol. do we have another MAC coming up soon? something i could possibly win?

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:30:03

I seem to be a third place whore XD.

I was third place last contest too... I think... I believe... yahr *pirate dance*

Congrats to everyone. Darkside555, ya beat me by 0.75 ;).

I WILL DESTROY YOU NEXT TIME >:(

anyways, congrats to Arbiter, I knew he'd take this pie home, truly, I am happy for him and everybody else ^^.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:45:23

At 9/13/06 09:30 AM, MaestroRage wrote:
Congrats to everyone. Darkside555, ya beat me by 0.75 ;).

I WILL DESTROY YOU NEXT TIME >:(

Yeah, that was a veeeeeery close one. Damn. oO

Congrats to you as well. We'll met again. >:(

Still...equipped with my allmighty beer force and n0obzor cannon, nobody stands a chance against teh DarKsidE! >:(

*no0bzorz randomly*

*hits chron*

*looks at him shocked, runs away in a yell of fear*

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-13 09:51:25

At 9/13/06 09:47 AM, Chronamut wrote:
*repeats event 50 times*

DONT EVER DO THAT AGAIN! >:(

OH TEH NOEZ! D: >

And about Arbiter...I said from the start that his tune "owns" in many ways, so somehow I knew that he would take the crown for sure.

Yeah, congrats to the others as well. :)

I'm currently happy like a fish in teh water...with lots of booze. haha. XD

BBS Signature