00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JamesChrist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,039 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:21:26

Welcome to the

Monthly Audio Contest 2006 - August TANKMEN THEME.

Unless you´ve lived under a rock for a while, you´ve most likley heard of excellent flash artist and NG co-worker Johnny_Utah.

Mr.Utah recently created a flash called Tankmen that recieved

Daily Feature - 07/01/2006
Weekly Users' Choice - 07/05/2006
Review Crew Pick - 07/05/2006
and have recieved more than 100k views since it got submitted 06/30/2006!!!

The Tankmen quickly gained a spot in every true Newgrounders heart, as it should since it´s indeed the Tankman from the NG logo the story is about.
There is also a fanart page in this BBS thread that reached big popularity, with the theme to draw tankmen. When viewing that thread, I find it obvious that Utah´s version of the Tankman is widley accepted!
If you haven´t seen Johny Utah´s flashes, I suggest you go do that A.S.A.P!!!!

Flashes from Johnny Utah

Tankmen
K-FED: Dancing with Fire
Jimmy Robinson
O&A Advertisement #1
O&A Advertisement #2
opie vs jimmy soundboard

The second MAC will hopefully help bringing the audio portal and the flash portal a little bit closer together. This month is 100% dedicated to Utah and his Tankmen.

So, bring up your most creative state of mind, and start create the;

THEMESONG FOR THE TANKMEN!

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules

# Create a theme for the tankmen and/or newgrounds universe the tankmen exist in.
# This is very open ended. You can include funny lyrics, or have it just be instumental. Whatever you want. Try keeping it fun and not to serious or downbeat. That's not a requirement, you could surprise me (Utah) if you really believe in your idea.
# There is no timelimit for the length of the audio, but it is suggested you keep the audio no longer then two minutes.
# Supreme judge this month will be Johnny Utah. He will gain feedback and opinions from the NG Office, but since it´s his flash, he will have the final word in this contest!
# Do not try to promote your audios by e-maling or PM mr. Utah. Remember that he have the full authorization to disqualify contest entres.

1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP.

2 - Make a song according to these rules.

3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal.

4 - This month TWO SONGS from each user is accepted. The reason for this is because you might have an OLD song that would suite the Tankmen perfectly. This mean one song from August is accepted, and one older song.

5 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs. Please make one link for each song, if you decide to make more then one appearance. Also, include song name, and if it´s an old song, or new (made in august) song. A link to a contest entry could look like this;

Rucklo - I Like Machines, OLD

</shameless self promotion>

6 - Don´t come around with crappy alts. And do not breake any of the rules stated in this thread. if we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your crimes are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread too, of course. If there are posts that are unrelevant for the contest/spam, a moderator will be asked to come clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned.

8 - You should have your submissions signed up in this thread BEFORE august have ended. If you cannot post by one reason or another, PM or e-mail me and enter a valid reason why you can´t do it yourself.

9 - Have fun!!!

The Award This Month:

The award this month is to get featured in one of the upcoming Tankmen flashes. Looking at the popularity the first Tankmen recieved, I think it´s safe to say the next one will recieve quite alot of attention too. And who knows, perhaps it will reach even higher grounds because of Your audio featured in it?!

Word from Johnny Utah;
One thing to keep in mind:
If some of you are put off by the sheer intensity of all the dick jokes..not every episode will be dick jokes. (although there will still be some "naughty" humor)

Other

The rules might change slightly. In case that happens a post in this thread will describe what the deal is. Since august have been kicking for a few days, we might delay the closing date for signing up, buying you all some extra time making audios. So try to keep updated with what´s going on in this thread!
There might be an independent judging too, but this is not primarily. If that however is a strong request, it might happen :)

Previous MAC´s

2006 - July

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:25:36

That was un-expected.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:28:46

ooooooooooooooooooo this is interesting, really interesting. Already i have a few ideas as to what to make. well hopefully i will submit something.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:28:55

At 8/9/06 11:25 AM, PrinceG wrote: That was un-expected.

Eeeexcelleeentttt :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:31:12

Rucklo, you're an evil genius mastermind, and we salute you!!!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:37:57

Nice this is very good

Now all we need is Tom to mention this on a news bulletin!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:39:26

At 8/9/06 11:37 AM, PiePie wrote: Nice this is very good

Now all we need is Tom to mention this on a news bulletin!

Way ahead of ya ;)

Hopefully he´ll get my mail and consider this news-seciont worthy!

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:39:58

for some reason the flash wont load :'(

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:43:36

I hope I get my new equipment this month, maybe I'll join. Rucklo and whoever else put this one together, nice job!

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:44:57

that banner is making my eyes funky, will have to wait to check the tankman things. sounds like fun tho.

there once was a man named rucklo,
who...

was gonna right a rucklo limmerick but can't think of much that rhymes... DAMN YOU

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:45:24

Just to let you guys know I'm pretty influenced by music, and listening to music puts visuals and ideas on my head for flashes..so what I do with the winning entry could be anything. I might even make it dialogueless...I like trying out different stuff.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 11:51:20

there once was a man named rucklo,
who always wanted to suck toes,
he made music thats junk,
has a jar full of spunk
yet he always managed to get a fuck yo.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 12:04:49

tankmen is a classic. the k-fed game is the funniest thing i've seen... ever

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 12:07:49

Hey, btw, can I join the contest too? :D

it sounds like fun :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 12:21:06

Wow, this will definately be something new! I will try a different genre, but I need to watch the flash whenever I can, so I can get an idea. I will be back on FL hopefully by Thursday! Good luck to everyone competing!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 12:30:43

At 8/9/06 12:21 PM, -OCON- wrote: Wow, this will definately be something new! I will try a different genre, but I need to watch the flash whenever I can, so I can get an idea. I will be back on FL hopefully by Thursday! Good luck to everyone competing!

OCON if you can make a song for this, I will.

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 12:31:38

At 8/9/06 12:30 PM, PrinceG wrote:
At 8/9/06 12:21 PM, -OCON- wrote: Wow, this will definately be something new! I will try a different genre, but I need to watch the flash whenever I can, so I can get an idea. I will be back on FL hopefully by Thursday! Good luck to everyone competing!
OCON if you can make a song for this, I will.

Then get ready to make a song bro!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 12:54:05

At 8/9/06 11:45 AM, Johnny_Utah wrote: Just to let you guys know I'm pretty influenced by music, and listening to music puts visuals and ideas on my head for flashes..so what I do with the winning entry could be anything. I might even make it dialogueless...I like trying out different stuff.

Dude, you're awesome for providing a kick-ass prize to this contest! It's really brave, because you don't know what you'll end up with... I loved your flash btw, and I'm going to try REAL hard this time :)

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 13:19:06

At 8/9/06 11:21 AM, Rucklo wrote:
Welcome to the
Monthly Audio Contest 2006 - August TANKMEN THEME.

Rucklo, you genious you. Who would think of that? I salute to you!!!

I should give out an "allmighty brain" award for you! :-P

Cheers!

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 13:22:20

At 8/9/06 12:54 PM, WinTang wrote:
At 8/9/06 11:45 AM, Johnny_Utah wrote: Just to let you guys know I'm pretty influenced by music, and listening to music puts visuals and ideas on my head for flashes..so what I do with the winning entry could be anything. I might even make it dialogueless...I like trying out different stuff.
Dude, you're awesome for providing a kick-ass prize to this contest! It's really brave, because you don't know what you'll end up with... I loved your flash btw, and I'm going to try REAL hard this time :)

life's all about taking chances...but im confident we'll get some cool stuff out of this..and supporting the audioportal is great because I feel it's a bit neglected. (but wait till you guys see what we have in store for it in the redesign..)

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 13:42:07

At 8/9/06 01:19 PM, DarKsidE_555 wrote:
Rucklo, you genious you.

stop it, youre embarrasing me :)
(just wait until its time for the spetember edition leik OMFGLOLZ00rzzZ)

At 8/9/06 01:22 PM, Johnny_Utah wrote:
(but wait till you guys see what we have in store for it in the redesign..)

OMG did you just say that??? <:-O
I can´t wait!!!!!!

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 13:56:05

Awwwww man. I was really looking foward to participating in this one since I didn't do the last one...

but something light-humored, short, and funny?

Shit i'v never done a piece like that in my life xD

Ah well, (pulls out a months supply of cigs to wait on the next MAC)

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 14:19:59

hmmmm this interesting... time to hit the FL studio!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 14:43:52

um...can i make a metal song for this?

Im god, fucking deal with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 15:03:26

At 8/9/06 02:43 PM, darkkloud wrote: um...can i make a metal song for this?

whatever you want...I like metal.

(however, shitty demonic screaming overtop of the song will probably be a one way ticket to loserville)

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 15:06:51

Johhny. :)

Umm, trances, classical, or rock ok? And i'm talking serious ones, i'm incapable of doing anything light and funny. I suck at it O_O

Omg i'm so pathetic.

D

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 15:10:03

At 8/9/06 03:06 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: Johhny. :)

Umm, trances, classical, or rock ok? And i'm talking serious ones, i'm incapable of doing anything light and funny. I suck at it O_O

Omg i'm so pathetic.

D

It doesnt need to be funny really...just "good". And I can't really see a trance submission winning...I suppose it's possible. Classical and rock would be great.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 15:13:21

lol, i see what you meen, i wont do vocals this time, just insturments

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 15:16:59

At 8/9/06 03:13 PM, darkkloud wrote: lol, i see what you meen, i wont do vocals this time, just insturments

and hey man, I wasnt trying to insult you if that's the stuff you do. I like lots of metal, but that type can be a bit much for me..and I don't think it would really fit the flash. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-09 15:35:08

nah, its kool, im working on th song now, i ope ya like it, but if not, oh well, ya win some ya lose some.

BBS Signature