00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

In Memory of Elle

38,794 Views | 317 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:18:23

:')

Good to see that people still give a damn for someone's life...
This is why my aura is light. Because these sort of people lift my spirits beyond everything else.

wew

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:18:52

Sorry but I can't morn her, I can't feel sorry for her.

I was the animating and was slightly touched. It was great, purely. I was then curouis how she died. Only to find out she committed suicide. No offense, but I lost all feeling of feeling sorry for her by the single act she did.

I mean, for fucking once. Think of the fucking family. Think of the friends. Think of the police who have to clear the brains, guts and body parts. Think of everyone who got late because the trains had to stop to clean the guts from everywhere.

I am sorry if this caused offense but that is how I truely feel. I truely feel that people normally forget about the people to pick up the peices the person who committed suicide dropped.

Once again to those who are offended, I am sorry.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:19:17

At 8/3/06 03:48 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: wow, that's really touching.

And I'm a heartless bastard.

well then click the big button at the top of the page that says "COLLECTIONS" and go to the " BASTARDS " section.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:19:19

That is sad. I remember voting 5 for this submissions a while back for the exact reasons mentioned in that guy's reply.

It just so happens to be that I'm at work and I got my hands on a drink. Here's to Elle. She can rest well now that her memory's been immortalized on Newgrounds.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:20:30

That was a tad depressing.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:22:20

At 8/3/06 04:13 PM, JD77 wrote: What relasion did the person who wrote the message had with Elle?

RIP.

it's relation and she was her friend

You're not the main character.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:25:27

good job.

<3

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:30:20

Yeah, that animation is quite old now...and I still remember it, and I rarely view submissions or take notice of them anymore from the portal, to be honest.

Well that's good it touched someone that strongly...I'll admit it's rather random to happen now. But it's still very touching and I full heartedly agree with the remarks the writer made about the animation.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:30:42

resqiat in pace

wewdiewg

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:31:36

At 8/3/06 03:58 PM, Janus wrote: Out of thousands of pieces of flash I've watched on NG, I remember that being one of the ones that stood out about it.

When did you get this letter, Tom?

Today.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:46:29

At 8/3/06 04:18 PM, Lost_Chances wrote: Sorry but I can't morn her, I can't feel sorry for her.

I was the animating and was slightly touched. It was great, purely. I was then curouis how she died. Only to find out she committed suicide. No offense, but I lost all feeling of feeling sorry for her by the single act she did.

I mean, for fucking once. Think of the fucking family. Think of the friends. Think of the police who have to clear the brains, guts and body parts. Think of everyone who got late because the trains had to stop to clean the guts from everywhere.

I am sorry if this caused offense but that is how I truely feel. I truely feel that people normally forget about the people to pick up the peices the person who committed suicide dropped.

Once again to those who are offended, I am sorry.

Actually i have to agree with you lost_chances... commiting suicide is a bit selfish. I do feel for everyone involved and all, but i personally think the animation was attention seeking to a degree. Its all very sad and all, but who the fuck makes an animation to show thousands of people... why? Fair enuf if that releives you of any pain in someway but to me its seeking attention... Sorry if anyone is offended by my oppionion also.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:49:25

I remember that animation. It's very good in its honesty and simplicity. The soldier has a point, pretty ironic, but also cool that the statement has to come from someone in the army. These type of reactions just make me want to get up and animate again

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:52:38

It's heartfelt animations like this that almost irk me to really start b/p'ing in the portal again. It's a shame I couldn't of had the honour of helping it pass judgement, but at least I got to share in memory of that young lady.

Of course, the world would be a degree better if there had been no death from which to draw inspiration. I can only hope her family is well.

So I'm basically awesome.

Original NG chat lives and thrives here.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:52:58

Suicide is always a touchy subject. Seems that people focus too much on the last acts of the deceased, rather than what they were like when they were alive, which is what this flash did by celebrating her life.

It's hard to understand why people make the decision to remove themselves from this life. Even if you don't feel at least some compassion for someone so miserable they decide to end their life, at least think of the pain those that are left behind (like the author of this flash) experiences. I'm glad this particular person took their experience and used art to work through their feelings.

Thanks Tom, for sharing. It's nice to see that NG has a positive impact for people. :)

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:54:47

its nice to see that admins not only care about unicorns with cocks as horns, but they also share that human touch. Yah, I saw this flash in fp a while ago, and it was a good thing tom made a post about it.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:55:04

It's a good thing that Ng has become a place where not only funny/violent animations are apreciated. An also that poele are moved by the animator's feeling enough to at least write a letter and let other people know about it.

RIP Elle :(

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:56:00

I admire the guy that made the flash, showing how he felt and celebrating his life in an art form.

rest in peace.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 16:56:20

I remember very well when this flash came out. It was probably the only thing I have ever watched here on NG that has brought tears to my eyes and touched me in a way that words cannot express.

Too all those who have posted or will post something along the lines of "I don't care about Elle, and cannot feel bad for her, because I didn't know her.":

For a moment, think not just about Elle, the person the flash was created in remembrance of, but think of love lost. The creator loved her friend so much that she was able to, in such simplistic ways, show her raw emotion through her art.

It is not the "who" that matters, but the "why." Why was this flash created, to have you mourn Elle? No, but to allow the author to mourn Elle, and express her deep seated love for someone she has lost.

We will all lose someone close to us, and maybe we can make peace with it in our own way, just as Elle's friend has made peace with it here.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:02:23

Rest in Peace Elle.

And my condolences not only to the person who made the movie but Elle's family... Losing a loved is never easy, losing a loved one by suicide is even more painful so once again my condolences.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:06:52

At 8/3/06 04:46 PM, brainfungus wrote: Actually i have to agree with you lost_chances... commiting suicide is a bit selfish. I do feel for everyone involved and all, but i personally think the animation was attention seeking to a degree. Its all very sad and all, but who the fuck makes an animation to show thousands of people... why? Fair enuf if that releives you of any pain in someway but to me its seeking attention... Sorry if anyone is offended by my oppionion also.

Why does anyone make flash animation but to gain attention? Why did you make that post but in a hopes someone will give the attention to read it and respond?

I don't believe the animator of the flash thought 'oooo i'm going to make a flash so everyone can pay attention to me cause i'm so great and need attention'. She made it as a mark of respect and remembrance to her friend. Sure, some might say the circumstance in which she died was 'selfish'...but you don't know a thing about Elle's life to make the evaluation on the reasoning behind her death nor know what mental disorders can make life unbearable enough to push someone to that limit.

Yes sure, the flash gained attention....but is that a bad thing? Or a selfish thing? Are you saying everything we do in life should be completely selfless? We have to do things for ourselves, like what Elle's friend did for herself and for Elle or we would all just be absolutely miserable.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:08:27

sigh...rancidpsychojosh just has to ruin it with shitty reviews.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:08:32

If I were to offer my honest opinion, it would be that I'm sorry for the loss of the author and I can see the heart they put into their work.

But I still hated that flash. Completely.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:09:58

Alright, after seeing Lost_Chances post, I have lost all sorrow I've ever felt for "Elle". I feel sorry not for her, but for her family that couldn't figure out why she didn't like her life. I feel sorry for her friends that feel responsible because they never knew she felt depressed. I feel sorry for the poor train operator, who now has the death of a 16 year old girl on his hands because she decided she needed to end her life.

If she was fucking happy, then why did she jump in front of a train to end her life? I don't know how anyone could possibly do that, it's just revolting to even think of the possibility.

Anyone who takes their own life deserves no sympathy, and just know that instead of flying around happily with angellic wings, she is being torn apart and put back together repeatedly in hell.

If this offends anyone, how can you feel sympathy for a girl that wrought death upon herself?

Don't get me wrong, that flash was touching, and I feel sorry for everyone that was involved in the girl's life, just because they now take it upon themselves to uphold the responsibilty for her actions.

I refuse to say Rest In Peace, because I know that she will never be at peace, for eternity.
I feel sorry that the girls life was lost, but when I found out that she took it herself, I immediatly felt no sorrow for her, but directed it towards everyone's lives that she fucked up.

Sorry if I come across as a heartless bastard, I just don't see how anyone could be so depressed as to take their own life.

wew

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:10:18

I've already watched this and dropped a tear..and now i drop another.....
This is really touching..i can fell her spirit in the animation almost....
Wow...

Signatures are for sissy men

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:13:57

At 8/3/06 05:06 PM, Bobby_Jenkins wrote:
At 8/3/06 04:46 PM, brainfungus wrote: Actually i have to agree with you lost_chances... commiting suicide is a bit selfish. I do feel for everyone involved and all, but i personally think the animation was attention seeking to a degree. Its all very sad and all, but who the fuck makes an animation to show thousands of people... why? Fair enuf if that releives you of any pain in someway but to me its seeking attention... Sorry if anyone is offended by my oppionion also.
Yes sure, the flash gained attention....but is that a bad thing? Or a selfish thing? Are you saying everything we do in life should be completely selfless? We have to do things for ourselves, like what Elle's friend did for herself and for Elle or we would all just be absolutely miserable.

I agree. No matter how selfish the act was, it still hurts. And this isn't the first time someone has done something artistic out of sadness/respect for the dead. Would you call Clapton's "Tears In Heaven" an attempt at gaining attention?

Do not always be so quick to judge, friend.

Fancy Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:16:22

That was reall y something. After I saw it, I saw all kind and heartwarming reviews that people left behind to show their sympathy. But just now, a douchebag left a heartless review that is probably offensive to the author as he insults her friend. This just shows there are always immature and heartless people that can't share sympathy for those who have lost a loved one.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:20:19

Honestly I'd rather watch Dendyn Dynasties. Sorry.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:21:25

R.I.P.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:23:28

I couldn't have described that movie any better.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:27:07

At 8/3/06 05:09 PM, LordTrunks wrote: If she was fucking happy, then why did she jump in front of a train to end her life?

Well obviously she WASN'T happy, the author of the flash just made it seem that way by focusing on the positive aspects of her life (which is her way of mourning). She was probably bipolar or depressed though.

But for those who are heartless in their reviews, why the fuck does it even matter? The people making those reviews are not affected in any way by this death and you can't expect them all to feel sympathy for someone they never knew. Calm down and stop getting so offended just because a few people are assholes.

tre

BBS Signature