00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Malapa's last secret

1,321 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Malapa's last secret 2001-05-19 06:39:52

Argh, I finally got it! Ow, my eyes!

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-19 11:12:37

At 5/19/01 06:39 AM, Uncle_Boris wrote: Argh, I finally got it! Ow, my eyes!

Well, I'm happy for you.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-19 13:42:55

Beat the game, eh? Perhaps you could enlighten me as to how you beat Hel, as I seem to be stuck at the "listen to Hel mock you" phase of the battle.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-19 18:24:22

A little Visine will help with the burning sensation. Just remember what Zeus said about it working on all but Malapa's greatest enemy- it's very good advice.

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-19 18:31:38

At 5/19/01 01:42 PM, emsp wrote: Beat the game, eh? Perhaps you could enlighten me as to how you beat Hel, as I seem to be stuck at the "listen to Hel mock you" phase of the battle.

When you start fighting Hel, your goal is to piss her off enought for her to attack you, since you can't do any damage. Keep wacking at her with your regular attack (blade 2 makes it much easier), and she'll eventually respond. Then the real fun begins.

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-20 13:27:24

What are all these secrets people keep on talking about in Malapa's Challenge? I beat the game, but didn't find any secret mini-games or the like, and I searched everywhere. Just for fun, I played a little in game #2, but didn't find anything different there either, besides you keeping your levels. What's the deal?

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-20 18:35:31

At 5/20/01 01:27 PM, Strafe wrote: What are all these secrets people keep on talking about in Malapa's Challenge? I beat the game, but didn't find any secret mini-games or the like, and I searched everywhere. Just for fun, I played a little in game #2, but didn't find anything different there either, besides you keeping your levels. What's the deal?

The two secrets that most people are talking about is Zeus's Questions, and the very tough Death side quest. If you want to find them, you need to explore at the very end of the game, any quest. (Hint: if you see Hel, you've gone too far.)

Part of the point of the second quest is the try out the goodies that you get from those two subquests. You also a little special something if you beat the game on the second quest. ;)

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-21 14:14:03

At 5/19/01 06:24 PM, Septimus wrote:
A little Visine will help with the burning sensation. Just remember what Zeus said about it working on all but Malapa's greatest enemy- it's very good advice.

-Septy.

no, I mean the last secret on the preloader games.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-23 14:34:19

At 5/21/01 02:14 PM, Uncle_Boris wrote:
At 5/19/01 06:24 PM, Septimus wrote:

-Septy.
no, I mean the last secret on the preloader games.

I've found that if you beat the game a second time, you get to see an epilogue cinema. AND, you get to keep the wings that you got in the battle with Hel this time around. It seems they make you more powerfull. I forget what the last preloader game secret was, but that probably means that it isn't very important.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-23 17:53:41

At 5/23/01 02:34 PM, emsp wrote: I've found that if you beat the game a second time, you get to see an epilogue cinema. AND, you get to keep the wings that you got in the battle with Hel this time around. It seems they make you more powerfull. I forget what the last preloader game secret was, but that probably means that it isn't very important.

Phase 2 (Malapa Soaring) is 25% more powerful than Phase 1. You will get to play with the phases more in the second game.

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-24 13:59:47

At 5/23/01 05:53 PM, Septimus wrote:
At 5/23/01 02:34 PM, emsp wrote: I've found that if you beat the game a second time, you get to see an epilogue cinema. AND, you get to keep the wings that you got in the battle with Hel this time around. It seems they make you more powerfull. I forget what the last preloader game secret was, but that probably means that it isn't very important.
Phase 2 (Malapa Soaring) is 25% more powerful than Phase 1. You will get to play with the phases more in the second game.

-Septy.

huh?, ah? wha?

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-24 15:47:16

At 5/24/01 01:59 PM, Uncle_Boris wrote: huh?, ah? wha?

When you fight Hel, you will find out about Malapa Soaring. :D

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-25 14:55:42

At 5/24/01 03:47 PM, Septimus wrote:

-Septy.

I don't know if i can stay awake that long.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-27 12:19:14

At 5/25/01 02:55 PM, Uncle_Boris wrote:
At 5/24/01 03:47 PM, Septimus wrote:

-Septy.

Where on Earth are these side-quests? I looked pretty much everywhere in the game -- no one's ever asked me a question.

I don't know if i can stay awake that long.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-27 17:54:41

At 5/27/01 12:19 PM, Strafe wrote: Where on Earth are these side-quests? I looked pretty much everywhere in the game -- no one's ever asked me a question.

In a frozen place where no enemies attack, lightning bolts will show you the way. The right path, shadows will lead you to Death. The left path, a god will test your compassion and your knowldge.

Now, being that there is only one frozen stage on the game...

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-28 14:35:19

At 5/27/01 05:54 PM, Septimus wrote:
At 5/27/01 12:19 PM, Strafe wrote: Where on Earth are these side-quests? I looked pretty much everywhere in the game -- no one's ever asked me a question.
In a frozen place where no enemies attack, lightning bolts will show you the way. The right path, shadows will lead you to Death. The left path, a god will test your compassion and your knowldge.

-Septy.

ooh! I love riddles!

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-28 15:42:31

At 5/27/01 05:54 PM, Septimus wrote:

-Septy.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-29 08:16:00

Oi, and to think I thought they were talkin' about beating the game twice in a row so you start out with the wingies... anything more, Sep? I think I've got another win in me before I fall over dead from playing this so much!

Malapa's last secret

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-29 13:46:46

At 5/29/01 08:16 AM, Samael_the_Angel wrote: Oi, and to think I thought they were talkin' about beating the game twice in a row so you start out with the wingies... anything more, Sep? I think I've got another win in me before I fall over dead from playing this so much!

I've just sold that picture to a fat man.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-29 13:54:28

At 5/29/01 08:16 AM, Samael_the_Angel wrote: Oi, and to think I thought they were talkin' about beating the game twice in a row so you start out with the wingies... anything more, Sep? I think I've got another win in me before I fall over dead from playing this so much!

You get an extended ending when you beat the second quest, then the third quest you get to play as Malapa Soaring the entire way through. That's all you you get, so you don't have to worry about any more quests. I'm not quite that sadistic. (If you beat the game again, you'll restart the third quest.)

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-29 16:17:06

At 5/29/01 01:54 PM, Septimus wrote:
You get an extended ending when you beat the second quest, then the third quest you get to play as Malapa Soaring the entire way through. That's all you you get, so you don't have to worry about any more quests. I'm not quite that sadistic. (If you beat the game again, you'll restart the third quest.)

-Septy.

What's this soaring thing about?

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-29 22:39:53

At 5/29/01 04:17 PM, Uncle_Boris wrote: What's this soaring thing about?

Well, the long and the short of it is that Malapa has more than one transformation. At the end of the game he has to evolve in order to beat Hel, that evolution (Divine Pinion) changes him into Malapa Soaring. When you fight Hel things will make more sense.

And I don't want to hear anything about not being able to stay awake that long; I made a detailed password system for just such a circumstance. :)

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-30 06:25:18

That's it? Aw, co'mon... why not the ability to play as the wolfman? Yeah, wolfman! We love the wolfman! *Twitch-twitch* Wolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolf!

Hee... seriously though. That is one good game. Do you have anything else like that in the works? That core system (meaning the battle system, passwords, statistics, etc) could be taken even further, definitely. And considering the votes Malapa's Challenge has received, I think the people wouldn't mind another!

Malapa's last secret

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-30 14:11:35

At 5/30/01 06:25 AM, Samael_the_Angel wrote: That's it? Aw, co'mon... why not the ability to play as the wolfman? Yeah, wolfman! We love the wolfman! *Twitch-twitch* Wolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolf!

Hee... seriously though. That is one good game. Do you have anything else like that in the works? That core system (meaning the battle system, passwords, statistics, etc) could be taken even further, definitely. And considering the votes Malapa's Challenge has received, I think the people wouldn't mind another!

I am starting to work on the plot for the sequel, Malapa's Challenge 2: Loki's Revenge. I'm going to be completely reworking the game engine, a lot of it is going to be scrapped and stared from scratch. I think that only thing that is going to remain the same is the statistic system that I used, the battle system is going to be reworked to include multiple enemies and multiple player characters, and I want to get rid of the password system all together. (I have something else in mind.)

One of these days when I get a little further along with some of my other projects and start seriously working on MC2, I'll post a topic on the BBS asking questions about the sequel. And no, I am not changing his outfit. :)

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-30 18:16:07

Yay! Scrap the title, you can just call it "Malapa's Challenge; Return of Bondage Man"! ^.~

Malapa's last secret

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-30 19:27:45

At 5/30/01 06:16 PM, Samael_the_Angel wrote: Yay! Scrap the title, you can just call it "Malapa's Challenge; Return of Bondage Man"! ^.~

No, it's Captain Bondage.

-Septy.

Response to Malapa's last secret 2001-05-31 13:37:00

At 5/30/01 07:27 PM, Septimus wrote:
At 5/30/01 06:16 PM, Samael_the_Angel wrote: Yay! Scrap the title, you can just call it "Malapa's Challenge; Return of Bondage Man"! ^.~
No, it's Captain Bondage.

-Septy.

"Return Of Skippy the Wonder Slave!"